The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ipad......let me here you !! Other Controllers
Old 4th April 2010
Gear Guru

ipad......let me here you !!

Well like the news guy said.
Do I need a ipad? NO
Would I like to have one ? YES

IF I decide to get one down the road it will be after the bugs are out and the 3G models come out.

I have learned a lot from there first models of anything they release.
Old 4th April 2010
I was already sick of hearing about it two months before it was released.
Old 4th April 2010
Lives for gear

Its really not that much cheaper than a Laptop. Unless you ride on the train 4 hrs a day and have a small bag, I dont see it taking off!!!
Old 4th April 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbakron View Post
Its really not that much cheaper than a Laptop. Unless you ride on the train 4 hrs a day and have a small bag, I dont see it taking off!!!
Me either, its just a one panel laptop with a touch screen, no more no less.
I realize the iphone is almost to small for some apps but the ipad is a little to big, I tried one out in Best Buy today, they had plenty but I kept my money and I'm a huge apple fan.
The biggest turn off is 279.00 for a 2 year warranty, that is more than half the price.
Old 7th April 2010
Gear Maniac

My biggest complaint?

It's an apple. I am going to be told by some apple cult follower that its gods gift to the modern man.

My opinion? Cool Frisbee.
Old 7th April 2010
Lives for gear

It's a slow laptop and it's **** expensive.

It looks more like an iPhone for a grandma, cos she can't read anything unless it's font size 70

Fan of apple here an all, but damn, they just made the iphone bigger. There was a gap bettween the smart phone and a computer, and it DID NOT need filled imo.
Old 7th April 2010
Lives for gear
It's badass. And its actually faster than my Macbook Pro for completing tasks and surfing - a lot faster. Its the perfect solution for me. I'm a songwriter that bought a Macbook Pro thinking I might do some mobile recording with it. Well, other than using Garqgeband for work tapes, I don't. If I am going to put a track down, I always do it at the studio or at my house with my Mac Pro - so, for a while now, I had been thinking about downgrading to a MacBook. Now this thng comes out and it's the perfect solution for me...
Old 7th April 2010
Lives for gear

I was very critical of the iPad.

Sunday comes and suddenly a huge light bulb lit up over my head. There it was: I had finally "gotten" it.

I rushed to the apple store, brought it home and couldn't be happier.

If like a lot of people you though the iPad will replace your laptop, it won't. Not because it sucks, its slow, its a giant iPod and so on. It was just NOT designed to do that. The sooner you "get" that, the faster you'll realize what a magnificent piece of equipment it is.

I do not have a laptop. Mobility never interested me and the iphone does a great job giving me all I need when I'm out and about. Every time I need to surf the internet or read an article I have to be sitting in front of one of my desktops. If I want a recipe or some notes to take with me, I have to print them or email them to my iphone. Having said that my girlfriend has a laptop and that thing dies every 4 hours of use.

Enter the iPad. I've been having such a great time surfing, reading articles, magazines and books since I got it I can't believe it took so long to be invented. Lying on the sofa, bed, while cooking, and of course, in the bathroom It makes my girlfriend's macbook look like its from the 80s! Heavy, bulky, SLOW, need to mouse around and dies right when the fun begins.

The moment I got it I downloaded skype and I was making calls to my family back home in no time (I have skype's unlimited world plan). I put it in the middle of the living room and they could hear me crystal clear while I was walking around doing stuff.

And that's just the beginning.

ps. No issues at all so far. Wi-fi is perfect and 0 crashes.
Old 7th April 2010
Lives for gear
Which leads me to my only complaint...why would they leave a video camera out of this thing?
Old 7th April 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislpp View Post
It's a slow laptop and it's **** expensive.

It looks more like an iPhone for a grandma, cos she can't read anything unless it's font size 70

Fan of apple here an all, but damn, they just made the iphone bigger. There was a gap bettween the smart phone and a computer, and it DID NOT need filled imo.
That is a good one but so true.
Old 7th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnkenn View Post
Which leads me to my only complaint...why would they leave a video camera out of this thing?
So that you will buy another one next year when they release the model that has the camera.
They did the same with the iphone and video.
It's all a part of the game.

Never...ever buy a first version of anything unless you either absolutely have to have it, or money is no object.
I waited about 3 years to get an iphone because I knew they were holding out on on obvious features like GPS and video.
Old 7th April 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearBit View Post
So that you will buy another one next year when they release the model that has the camera.
They did the same with the iphone and video.
It's all a part of the game.

Never...ever buy a first version of anything unless you either absolutely have to have it, or money is no object.
I waited about 3 years to get an iphone because I knew they were holding out on on obvious features like GPS and video.
And that was three years you didn't get to use the iphone...
Old 8th April 2010
Gear Nut

i would have like to see a tablet with a real OS, not a glorified iPod OS

if i know some one who gets one, yeah i'll play with it, but i can think of better things to spend my money on.
Old 8th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
And that was three years you didn't get to use the iphone...
And yet somehow, I lived. heh
I didn't absolutely have to have the iphone. It wasn't worth the premium and obvious lack of features they were holding out on.

Like I said. If you absolutely have to have it or you have more money than sense then go snap up an ipad right now.
Just remember this post next year when you slap your forehead and say "daym, i gotta get another one because now they gotta camera innit!"
Old 8th April 2010
Gear Maniac

Talking

I think Daniel Tosh found the best use for it.

YouTube - Daniel Tosh Destroys an iPad
Old 8th April 2010
Lives for gear

I will only buy an iPad if it comes out with an app that can control Logic's more basic functions for remote monitoring and tweaking for on site work.
Old 8th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearBit View Post
And yet somehow, I lived. heh
I didn't absolutely have to have the iphone. It wasn't worth the premium and obvious lack of features they were holding out on.

Like I said. If you absolutely have to have it or you have more money than sense then go snap up an ipad right now.
Just remember this post next year when you slap your forehead and say "daym, i gotta get another one because now they gotta camera innit!"
This is just the way all technology works. You can always wait and get faster, better, smaller, cooler, etc. It's not a radical notion.

I understand what you're saying but the joke about missing out on three years... I mean, there's something to that. I bought a pretty early iPod. They subsequently replaced that model with several models with a lot more features and memory, etc.

And yeah, I've replaced it now with the more modern models. But I don't regret buying it. I had a lot of fun with it while I had it!

People buying the iPad now aren't "suckers" anymore than you're a "loser" for not buying one.

Everybody's life and value system is different.

- c
Old 8th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
Everybody's life and value system is different.
True enough , I have a mobile phone that use as a phone book and nothing more ...
Switch on find number , switch off .

There's a lot to be said for peace and quiet .

So , you can guess that an IPad is not for me , I would rather have a DSLR .
Old 8th April 2010
I've never had a mobile/cellular phone, ever, and don't really want one particularly. I hardly ever use my regular phone, though it is Vonage, so I'm not completely luddite about it.
Old 8th April 2010
Lives for gear

Woaaaaaa a new product. We can all be winners together!

Those guys scare me seriously, lol.
Old 9th April 2010
Gear Guru

Nothing wrong with that, however I would rather have nothing as to have vonage, I have had that twice, biggest piece of crap ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey View Post
I've never had a mobile/cellular phone, ever, and don't really want one particularly. I hardly ever use my regular phone, though it is Vonage, so I'm not completely luddite about it.
Old 9th April 2010
Lives for gear

Sorry, but the HP Slate is much cooler.
It has a front AND back camera, so you can use it as a camera and video conferencing.
Also, amongst other things It has a USB port, a standard SIM slot, Video out, and memory card slot, to add memory.

And it's less money than the iPad.
And it hasFlash for webbrowsing.
And it multitasks.
Old 9th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
This is just the way all technology works. You can always wait and get faster, better, smaller, cooler, etc. It's not a radical notion.
Really? Please tell me more of this "technology" of which you speak.

Quote:
People buying the iPad now aren't "suckers" anymore than you're a "loser" for not buying one.
lol.
When someone says "why would they leave a video camera out of this thing? "
That's a sucker.
Old 11th April 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henchman View Post
It has a front AND back camera, so you can use it as a camera and video conferencing.
Also, amongst other things It has a USB port, a standard SIM slot, Video out, and memory card slot, to add memory.

And it multitasks.
Sorry but you're completely missing the point. Schlapping on a touchscreen on a netbook with ****ty battery life with an OS and applications designed for mouse/keyboard doesn't even come close.
Old 11th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by noggin View Post
Sorry but you're completely missing the point. Schlapping on a touchscreen on a netbook with ****ty battery life with an OS and applications designed for mouse/keyboard doesn't even come close.
No, I think you're missing the point.
Obviously yo're not aware that Windows 7 was designed with touchscreens in mind.
And that the slate is not a netbook.
Old 11th April 2010
Lives for gear

Although not a PC guy....

Yep. Everything the ipad would have been if apple had not known that they would be able to get away with being able to sell two ipads in a little over a year to all the first adopters.

Between my iphone and my laptop I think I'll live through this early phase and jump in when its a little bigger, a little thinner and I am able to move multiple faders, knobs, mutes etc. etc. etc. in my DAW.
Then it will truly be "goodbye laptop hello sexy super functional touch screen".
Old 11th April 2010
Gear Guru

I just had to go and play with another iPad yesterday, this was the 2nd time, this time I found it to be boring, all those stupid games, hell I don't even play games, internet and mail is great but the rest is sh*t to me.
I just might not be wasting my money this go around.
ipad is not for me at least for now.
Old 12th April 2010
Lives for gear

While the Kindle is pretty cool, once Blio is finally released, the whole ebook thing is going to the next level with the iPad. I saw a comic set up for the iPad and it was very impressive, you could zoom in on individual frames, etc.
This is the infancy of a new technology, the iPad comes up about 3 years too short at this point. It'll get there.
Old 12th April 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
to make you buy the new one that will come with a camera and iphone OS 4, right in time for christmas !

simple as that.

that's purely intentional to me
Old 13th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henchman View Post

And it multitasks.
As far as I can see the HP Slate is not even shipping yet.
5 Hr battery life?
3G network?
iPad os 4 will have multitasking.
USB what for? I transfer files to and from my iPad with wireless networking. I jam using it as a portable device needing external video is useless feature I would rather not have to pay for.
Same goes for a camera all those handheld devices have crappy low resolution cameras anyway.
Are you going to really video conference holding up a tablet?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search