The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Paypal question (Prophet 5) Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 13th April 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgearguy View Post
BTW - isn't this the same P-5 that you've had some issues with over the past year or so or was that a different Prophet 5? Did those things get cleaned up?
Go figure
Old 13th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
Which would be very similar to my case and how i got free JP-4. The seller kept me waiting for 7 months for SH-2 and SH-3a, with my $1250 in his pockets. Not a single email.
See this is the bit that gets me. How long does it take to send an email? It doesn't have to be a long one, just a couple of lines to acknowledge the problem and even though excuses isn't want what you want (you'd rather have the synth), its better than nothing.

Theres no excuse for not making contact. It takes a couple of minutes at most and its a common courtesy. You have enough time to list an item for sale and take pictures, check the money was received then you damn well can spare a couple of minutes to ease the buyer's concerns when there are delays on your end.

I'm glad that deal came good for you in the end but really. 7 months? After the first month I bet you had resigned yourself to the idea that hes made off with your money. Then you went 6 months at your own personal loss with nothing to show for it. Thats a horrible feeling to put someone through even if you eventually do the right thing.
Old 13th April 2010
Lives for gear

Are we done with this thread? Based on the responses posted, Scott seems to have acknowledged some failings on his part. So, either he's going to sell his P-5 again or he's not. Either Delcosmos will buy Scott's P-5, someone else's P-5, or he won't.

At this point it's just piling on and that doesn't help anyone.

Maybe someone should start a separate Karma thread where folks can discuss getting, taking, and giving back and why people do anything useful/helpful on the net in the first place.
Old 13th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Are we done with this thread? Based on the responses posted, Scott seems to have acknowledged some failings on his part. So, either he's going to sell his P-5 again or he's not. Either Delcosmos will buy Scott's P-5, someone else's P-5, or he won't.

Maybe someone should start a separate Karma thread where folks can discuss getting, taking, and giving back and why people do anything useful/helpful on the net in the first place.

yes people stop bumping this thread , its stupid !!!!

oups.....
Old 13th April 2010
Quote:

Well, believe it or not, Scot hasn't contacted me yet, all the information I get from him is through this thread.

So I'll let you know through THIS thread how this ends.

Best regards.

delcosmos.
Old 13th April 2010
Pastor Obviedo
this is bad business, hope this guy gets his money back.

if I send $3000 to someone, at least I want to know what's happening, even if he will delay with the shipment, i would like to know that he's taking care.

he has spent more time posting here than fixing his mess!

But at the same time, who send $2700 dls to some stranger?

tutttutt
Old 13th April 2010
Jose Ramón Alvarado Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robobaby View Post
I'm glad that deal came good for you in the end but really. 7 months? After the first month I bet you had resigned yourself to the idea that hes made off with your money.
He is Japanese.

I never heard a Japanese steal anything from anyone. So i knew he will eventually contact me one day, which he did asking for apology and offering a free JP-4, along with the paid SH-2 and SH-3a.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delcosmos View Post
Let me know when the cases closes, so that i can close this thread.
Old 13th April 2010
Lives for gear

Heres the deal, I am in the negative with Paypal for almost 3,000 now.

I have until the 17th to resolve the matter.

That is as it should be.

Del cosmos, I should have asked you for references.

Had I, I would not have been so paranoid about being ripped off by an unkown, unverified person, living in Mexico.

There are two real problems here, first, and admittedly foremost, my lack of communication.

Based on prior experiences selling things on this site I was not under the impression that people were in such a hurry.

As I have already pointed out everyone else that has bought an item has not had an issue with my not keeping them up to date. These are people who did not even have tracking numbers because I used the U.S. postal service.

However in about two weeks they got their kit and were totally happy.

The second problem is in my opinion the expediancy with which you filed that claim.

Derp has already pointed out the possible outcome of that scenario.

I am not a big shot, I do not have expendable resources at this point in my life, If I got ripped of like that it would take a long time to recover from the financial loss.

IN MY OPINION WE BOTH ACTED UNPROFESSIONALLY.

Heres the deal.

DEl Cosmos will obviously not lose any money, due to Paypals buyer protection.thumbsup

I AM NOT OUT TO GET ANYONE

I NEVER HAVE BEEN

I DO BELEIVE IN KARMA

I HAVE NOT SCREWED ANYONE OVER IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM

AND I SURE AS HELL HAVE NOT BROKEN THE LAW IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM

I AM GLAD THAT DEL COSMOS DID NOT LOSE ANY MONEY DUE TO THIS UNFORTUNATE LACK OF PATIENCE AND COMMUNICATION

What we have here is........

failure to communicate.

Aparentley you are a
Quote:
Well, believe it or not, Scot hasn't contacted me yet, all the information I get from him is through this thread.

Best regards.

delcosmos.
Old 13th April 2010
Lives for gear

I really don't see how it's his fault too. All you had to do to prevent any of this is when he paid sent him a quick email saying "hi, recieved the money and wanted to say this should ship in a couple of days. I will let you know if there are any delays and I'll send a tracking number along as soon as it ships. Thanks!"

that took me 20 seconds.

If you don't do something like that within three days on close to 3k I don't blame him at all for filing a claim. Lots of people would.
Old 13th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

Best regards.

delcosmos.

Man I admire your self control, this is Highly annoying , trying to settle things through a forum thread ....

email must be getting really expensive these days
Old 13th April 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sctt_stone View Post
Heres the deal, I am in the negative with Paypal for almost 3,000 now.

I have until the 17th to resolve the matter.

That is as it should be.

The second problem is in my opinion the expediancy with which you filed that claim.

Derp has already pointed out the possible outcome of that scenario.

I am not a big shot, I do not have expendable resources at this point in my life, If I got ripped of like that it would take a long time to recover from the financial loss.

IN MY OPINION WE BOTH ACTED UNPROFESSIONALLY.

Heres the deal.

DEl Cosmos will obviously not lose any money, due to Paypals buyer protection.thumbsup

I AM NOT OUT TO GET ANYONE

I NEVER HAVE BEEN

I DO BELEIVE IN KARMA

I HAVE NOT SCREWED ANYONE OVER IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM

AND I SURE AS HELL HAVE NOT BROKEN THE LAW IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM

I AM GLAD THAT DEL COSMOS DID NOT LOSE ANY MONEY DUE TO THIS UNFORTUNATE LACK OF PATIENCE AND COMMUNICATION

What we have here is........

failure to communicate.

Aparentley you are a
If you believe in Karma, why don't you just refund me my money right now.

If you are an honest guy as you say, why don't you just go to your paypal account and refund me my money and that's it.

Why I have to (after all) wait till you want to give me my money back?

I didn't fail anything, I just trust in you 2 times and YOU failed.
Old 13th April 2010
Gear Nut

So let me get this right, Scott has both the P5 and the $2700?

And Delcosmos has nothing??
Old 13th April 2010
Lives for gear

Armondo, I sent you a PM.

Thank you
Old 13th April 2010
Lives for gear

i'm glad i bought my p5 in a local sale from a fellow GS member, things are so much easier that way...plus it's nice to meet fellow synth slutz who are local. too bad things can't always work out that easily. now i just need to find a local jp8 sale...
Old 13th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
now i just need to find a local jp8 sale...
Just check random yard sales. They turn up all the time for under $100.
Old 14th April 2010
outofphase
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpwuk View Post
So let me get this right, Scott has both the P5 and the $2700?

And Delcosmos has nothing??
i think so

Scott is one of those peoples...
Old 14th April 2010
Lives for gear

Bull S$#%

Do not speak of what you do not know.

I am taking care of the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofphase View Post
i think so

Scott is one of those peoples...
Old 14th April 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
He is Japanese.

I never heard a Japanese steal anything from anyone. So i knew he will eventually contact me one day, which he did asking for apology and offering a free JP-4, along with the paid SH-2 and SH-3a.

Let me know when the cases closes, so that i can close this thread.
Don: I can guess who your tardy Japanese vintage analog synth dealer/tech might have been. heh I recently received a synth from my guy (same guy????). I lost track of the time, but I think it took 2 months from the time I sent the cash until I got the synth in my hands.

About half of the delay was because of some confusing modifications he was making at my request. The rest of the delay was due to him.

But I didn't freak out because he communicated with me. Sometimes it took him a couple of days to reply, but he was diligent enough that I felt comfortable that he wasn't going to rip me off. I'd definitely do business with him again.

Good communications goes a long way towards defusing stressful situations.
Old 14th April 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYang View Post
Who is buyer? del cosmos
I would send my Jupiter 8 + Prophet 5 + PPG et. etc combined just on his word.
+1 miliion.
Old 14th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Bull S$#%

???

you came on here looking for validation on an issue that, with all facts presented, you were clearly in the wrong, and you cry when you don't get it.

tough sh*t.
Old 14th April 2010
Lives for gear

This is what my Paypal's been looking like for a couple days... Sold a synth, sent it, and buyer knows I sent it but still he's dragging me in the dirt - reason: its been in transit for a month without anybody being able to explain to us why they are failing to deliver to it... Its sitting in a border town postal collection center awaiting instructions that I sent 2 weeks ago, with a full on refusal from the postal service to allow the buyer to call the center to program a redelivery.

Some seriously weird ****, but tomorrow he could get the synth and have paypal decide in his favour. Thats why the first thing I do in a sale is immediately empty my paypal account and dont ship anything until the funds are cleared in my bank... Its not a trust issue, its a 'there are alot of mfvckers out there just waiting to stick you one' issue.

Agree its completely unacceptable though not to contact the buyer once they've sent you the cash or even worse, fail to answer their mails... there you're asking for ****, and you deserve the backlash. It takes less than 30 seconds to acknowledge someone politely and press send.
Attached Thumbnails
Paypal question (Prophet 5)-c-ntpal.jpg  
Old 14th April 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasprouch View Post
Agree its completely unacceptable though not to contact the buyer once they've sent you the cash or even worse, fail to answer their mails... there you're asking for ****, and you deserve the backlash. It takes less than 30 seconds to acknowledge someone politely and press send.
Old 14th April 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Bull S$#%

Quote:
Look. The fact is that I am never lightning fast about shipping.

I have never had anyone file a claim against me and it pissed me off.As a result I took my sweet time.

I do what I say.

:
So, what do we know? Well, delcosmos sent you the money and heard nothing for 3 days so he complained.

You then agreed that if he sent the money again, you would immediately ship... BUT instead you "took your sweet time" for a week instead of actually doing what your said, because he 'pissed you off'.. (see bolded quote above).. And you actually tell us this in the same breath! BIG SURPRISE that you have another complaint!

Im not trying to pile on here, but its clear to just about everyone that your actions have not been the correct way to handle this situation, and I hope that you can take something positive from this thread and have better dealings in the future

Good luck delcosmos, I hope everything works out for you in a timely manner.thumbsup
Old 14th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

Had I, I would not have been so paranoid about being ripped off by an unkown, unverified person, living in Mexico.

You may have asked Mike Nehra:
Armando Avila | Producer | VintageKing.com

"unknow" person?
Multiple grammy winner, multiplatinum producer,great gearslutz contribuitor....

Do your homework. No more excuses and send him HIS money...
Old 14th April 2010
Lives for gear

Well this has been a load of fun.

I have refunded DelCosmos his cash once again.

DelCosmos, Lo siento, mi hermano. Vivimos y aprendemos.
Old 14th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasprouch View Post
This is what my Paypal's been looking like for a couple days... Sold a synth, sent it, and buyer knows I sent it but still he's dragging me in the dirt - reason: its been in transit for a month without anybody being able to explain to us why they are failing to deliver to it... Its sitting in a border town postal collection center awaiting instructions that I sent 2 weeks ago, with a full on refusal from the postal service to allow the buyer to call the center to program a redelivery.

Some seriously weird ****, but tomorrow he could get the synth and have paypal decide in his favour. Thats why the first thing I do in a sale is immediately empty my paypal account and dont ship anything until the funds are cleared in my bank... Its not a trust issue, its a 'there are alot of mfvckers out there just waiting to stick you one' issue.
Although, the User Agreement (which everyone that has a PayPal account agrees to) includes this:

10.3 Reimbursement for Your Liability. In the event that you are liable for any amounts owed to PayPal, PayPal may immediately remove such amounts from your Balance. If you do not have a Balance that is sufficient to cover your liability, your Account will have a negative Balance and you will be required to immediately add funds to your Balance to eliminate the negative Balance. If you do not do so, PayPal may engage in collection efforts to recover such amounts from you.
Old 14th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Although, the User Agreement (which everyone that has a PayPal account agrees to) includes this:

10.3 Reimbursement for Your Liability. In the event that you are liable for any amounts owed to PayPal, PayPal may immediately remove such amounts from your Balance. If you do not have a Balance that is sufficient to cover your liability, your Account will have a negative Balance and you will be required to immediately add funds to your Balance to eliminate the negative Balance. If you do not do so, PayPal may engage in collection efforts to recover such amounts from you.
Ok, a buyer who knows that the synth is in transit is reporting me to Paypal for non-receipt of the product. The funds have been put on hold (which you can see in the jpeg) until the case is resolved... i.e. if Paypal tomorrow decides to screw me over, the buyer will get the synth and the money. I will get nothing.

So, how does that relate to me owing Paypal anything? heh Im not liable for anything here... the synth has been sent ages ago, with proof to back it up, and the buyer knows exactly where it is.

If you see my point, i empty my paypal account everytime to avoid this type of bull****. Paypal can go asking for the money all they want, my card issuer wont pay them a cent. Its the only way I have to protect myself... especially since the web is rampant with stories of legit sellers getting screwed by Paypal awarding fraudulent claims.
Old 14th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:

You repeat again and again phrase aboute SOMEONE LIVING IN MEXICO.
Is YOUR BUYER inferior because of that?
This is forum full of international guys (I live in 3 countries simultaneously) and your idiotic style goes beyond all imaginable limits.
Are you mentally ill or intentionally behave like stupid jerk?

Only good thing moderators can finally do here is to ban you from GS ASAP.
Old 14th April 2010
Lives for gear

Dude, I have refunded the money. Why would I be banned for doing the right thing?

I do not have a problem with the fact that he lives in Mexico. I HAD a problem with the fact that he is unverified and filled a claim after only three days, wich if he had been a dishonest person would have been the perfect way to come out like Derp did. I then became aware of the fact that Paypal will not verify addreses in Mexico.

That is why I kept mentioning Mexico.

That is the only reason I mentioned it.

The fact is wether or not I took my time, I did the right thing, end of story. And wether or not some of you like it this thread has pointed out a serious issue with Paypals screwed up policys that allow people to steal other peoples gear and keep the money.

I have not stolen anything.

The money has been refunded.

I belive that Derp has brought to our attention a very real risk involed with Paypals inefficient and irresponsible system, and this should be forwarded to someone in Paypals upper managment.

THE ENTIRE THREAD

This is a serious problem.

And people do get ripped off in this fashion.

Should I be banned for mentioning that you live in Russia?

Nice try at keeping it stirred up.

The issue has already been resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYang View Post
You repeat again and again phrase aboute SOMEONE LIVING IN MEXICO.
Is YOUR BUYER inferior because of that?
This is forum full of international guys (I live in 3 countries simultaneously) and your idiotic style goes beyond all imaginable limits.
Are you mentally ill or intentionally behave like stupid jerk?

Only good thing moderators can finally do here is to ban you from GS ASAP.
Old 14th April 2010
Lives for gear

Apr 14, 2010 Refund To armando avila Pending Until Apr 19, 2010 Details Refund To armando avila -$2,870.00 USD

And there you have it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search