The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
More proof that money is all it takes
Old 26th May 2003
Lives for gear

More proof that money is all it takes

Ack.... people selling instant studios should be forced to chew dried bubblegum off the sidewalk. Here you have it:

Got a fast computer ?You can have a pro studio for free!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: *************@yahoo.com
Date: 2003-05-26, 10:25AM

The Matrix is real in computer music!!!!!!! You can have top of the line multi-track recorder, a rack of sound modules and keyboards, a rack of pro effects and samplers, drum machines and more for free.

Cubase 5, Cubase SX, and Nuendo are pro music software (like protools) that give you every thing you need to be a pro (the talent is up to you). Do your whole CD (not just a demo level but prolevel CD) for your band or artist.

Don't pay studios your last dime when you can have your own studio for what one pro studio session cost!!! contact me today, your life will never be the same - The Matrix is real - what pill will you take?

You pay for lessons from me and i will include top of line software and virtual instruments for free.

Old 26th May 2003
Motown legend

Digidesign actually said exactly the same thing in the introduction to the Pro Tools manual for years before somebody finally woke up to the fact that it was disparaging their own customers.

A couple statistics I've found pretty haunting were that in the '80s the average income of a pro audio salesperson was over $50,000 a year. Last year the sales of music gear was almost as much as the entire sales of CDs in the United States.

Gear is a LOT bigger business than most people realize.
Old 26th May 2003
Lives for gear

All the time I was wondering how small the audio community would had been.

Steinberg sold for only 50 mio $, companies like Apogee, Benchmark, SD or James Demeter´s with some tenthousands or less items per model all appeared so small.

So, to now interestingly hear that gear sells big I assume it must be more about the relative low budget range, like Midiman cards etc. Meanwhile good tools for the money of the sporadic user. As better converters might get cheaper, maybe the difference between professional and average gear won´t be that big anymore in the future ( except for a while the first and last part of the chain ) and what kept the profession alive would be even more reduced to knowledge.

Maybe you guys would even be required increasingly in your old days as the normality of tracks with technically high quality sonics could lead to more consumer consciousness of miking and mixing conditions.

Who knows?
Old 31st May 2003
Gear Maniac

This comment kind of highlights the attitude of a huge percentage of the ignorant musical world, and probably is in no small way related to current recession of the studio world. (well that and the state of the industry)

I know this sounds really sefish but if one more ex-client phones me up asking 'how to mix' I will induce physical pain upon them.

comments such as 'can you email your seetings for vocal eq'

and
how, do you make it sounds clear/warm/punchy

ARGGHHHHHHHHHH

Regards
Nathang
Old 31st May 2003
Lives for gear

Sometimes I am not sure if my English conveys correctly.
So, just to make sure that I have been understood right:

I meant that yet maybe the average client might be thinking much on gear when he rents a studio, but in the future when cheapo rigs can yield plenty sonics already, clients might get more aware of what makes the difference to engineering skills.

Greets,

Ruphus
Old 3rd June 2003
Gear Nut

Didn't anyone read the intial post the same way as me?

"Don't pay for studio time, you can have all these tools (Cubase SX, Some VSTs and VSTis) for no charge. Because if you pay me for some instruction I'll give this software at no charge".

Doen't that smell in the tinsy winiciest bit bad...

Can anyone smell [k]?

In short he's not selling [k] software, but giving it away. But charging for instruction...

I may have got the pooey end of the stick here and be willfully mouthing off in a misguided fashion..

..but I doubt it.. ;-)

Speaking of which anyone ever bid on any Digihardware (Yes I know not you AJ! ;-) on ebay only to get an email from some random guy offering countless plugins for sale cheap.

Happened to me about 3 times, different email addresses, identical email..

Grrrr. Where's Erik when you need him?
Old 16th June 2003
Gear Maniac

Whatever. Every frikkin day there is some jerkoff in some magazine that is aying crap like :

"i have a wrench that will make you a mechanic...."

or crap like:

" throw away those costly neumann mic's, I wrote a program that will wash your car and....."

People always try to bottom dollar stuff, then they complain about how crappy an experince in the studio was...

That is like saying: Man, I saved some dough with my pals cause we bought a Yugo, and drove across country. It sucked so bad, but we saved like a thousand dollars. I hated every second of it. Awesome deal, right?
Old 16th June 2003
Lives for gear

Exactly right, my observant brother.

This loser wants you to pay him to teach you how to use the cracked, pirated software he will put on your system. He's not just screwing the studios, he's out to screw the whole world. Only he gets paid. Double scum.

Jax, why don't you forward that to Steinberg and see if they can find this guy? This is blatant and ugly.

Just gimme 5 minutes in the room with him. And turn the lights off so I HAVE to bring my 5 D cell Maglight in with me.

Regards,
Brian T
Old 17th June 2003
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by BrianT

Just gimme 5 minutes in the room with him. And turn the lights off so I HAVE to bring my 5 D cell Maglight in with me.

Regards,
Brian T
AKA, a "Peckerwood Light Saber!"

PS

Mine sprays MACE as well.

PsychoTechGuy
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear