The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stupid statements from across the interwebs
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

Stupid statements from across the interwebs

I thought it'd be funny to post some ignorant posts from reviews on Amazon etc, just to laugh at how anyone could be so stupid.

My favorite so far this month, on Amazon, where someone suggested at minimum, FLAC should be offered to allow close to CD bit rate for those who prefer better quality sound.

A guy responded saying

Quote:
This is just miserable nonsense. I'm an "audiophile" - I have a pro sound card in my PC and Stax headphones. I used to have a Linn LP12 (you know who you are if you know what one of those is). MP3s sound just fine thanks.
Stax headphones? MP3's sounding fine? Lulz.
Old 18th November 2009
teo
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTSH View Post
I thought it'd be funny to post some ignorant posts from reviews on Amazon etc, just to laugh at how anyone could be so stupid.

My favorite so far this month, on Amazon, where someone suggested at minimum, FLAC should be offered to allow close to CD bit rate for those who prefer better quality sound.

A guy responded saying

I'm not sure about "pro sound cards?", but stax headphones are nothing short of amazing...
Old 18th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by teo View Post
I'm not sure about "pro sound cards?", but stax headphones are nothing short of amazing...
+1

Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

it does make me wonder how a record player would help with self-recognition....
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

I go to yahoo answers for my daily dose of internet stupidity
Old 18th November 2009
Gear Addict

I don't remember the exact quote down to the word, but it was a recording forum where someone posted a mix for people to check out and they go:

"PS I left the C4 multiband compressor on the master buss so it's kind of mastered"
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by teo View Post
I know - I was saying how, if he's wearing stax, does he REMOTELY think MP3's sound ok?
Old 18th November 2009
teo
Lives for gear

Quote:
I know - I was saying how, if he's wearing stax, does he REMOTELY think MP3's sound ok?

No, I know, I'm sorry...I just saw stax and wanted to point out how good (and ****ing expensive!) they are...not much relation to the thread actually.

Back to the scheduled interweb idiocy report!
Old 28th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:

A guy responded saying

I can't remember where, but at one point I got in an argument with a self proclaimed "audiophile" about mp3 sound quality. His premise was "but mp3's are ALSO 16bit, just like CD's" I realized the argument was pointless after he said all music was crap except techno.
Old 29th November 2009
Lives for gear

this is a pretty amazing one...
the guy wants help with "microphone effects"

so i, and everyoneelse try to explain to him about terminology, timed based,dynamic based...books to read etc...and then he keeps replying

"ya but, i need the effects BEFORE it goes into the computer", while showing what looks like a line 6 screen shot. of a neve eq emulator...an outboard neve eq emulater
n joy

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-h...ects-help.html

Last edited by sleeper1400; 29th November 2009 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: grammar
Old 29th November 2009
Lives for gear

"Where can I download more RAM ?" :p
Old 29th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper1400 View Post
this is a pretty amazing one...
the guy wants help with "microphone effects"

so i, and everyoneelse try to explain to him about terminology, timed based,dynamic based...books to read etc...and then he keeps replying

"ya but, i need the effects BEFORE it goes into the computer", while showing what looks like a line 6 screen shot. of a neve eq emulator...an outboard neve eq emulater
n joy

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-h...ects-help.html
i just DIED laughing
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear