The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Marijuana Users Check This Out........ Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 17th November 2009
  #1
Lives for gear
 

Marijuana Users Check This Out........

Wow, just incredible. Read the messages from marijuana smokers who have had live changing experience from smoking. This is crazy.

Depersonalization and permanent anxiety after smoking weed! >> Medical Questions, Weight Loss, Pregnancy, Drugs, Health Insurance

Here's one post from somebody....freaky:


I had never smoked pot before. well thats a lie i did once before but i never really got high. i don't think i even smoked it right. but about 6 weeks ago my friend wanted me to smoke with him. so i agreed. im only 16 by the way. we went into the woods and he had me take about 8 hits. ahead of time he was saying "i'm only going to have you take a couple hits because this is really good stuff."At first i was feeling okay. it was really cold out. we walked more towards the woods and i started to not feel cold anymore, i was numb. i used to pass out a lot when i was little. we started walking back towards my [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]house[/COLOR][/COLOR] and he asked me if i was feeling high. i told him i deffinitly was. but all of a sudden i felt like i was going to faint. everything blacked out. i woke up kinda but everything was in flashes. i cant really explain what happened to me at all in words. i was being dragged. i heard him crying. but i couldnt do anything. in my head i was dead. i remember him holding my shoulders and saying KATIE DONT DO THIS TO ME. crying his eyes out. all i kept thinking was wow this kid is so dumb you shouldnt of done this im dead. and i just thought this is what death is and i made the mistake so now i have to deal with it. all i wanted to do what be comfortable. but i couldnt and i guess it was because he was pulling me around. it was like tricking me, i'd be comfortable then i wasn't. i slightly remember any of this but i kinda feel like there was a time where i saw myself like an out of body experience. i saw me go on his back and i heard my back crack. i really cant remember everything so this is coming out weirdly because i will randomly remember things. i remember thinking yell something. and i felt like that saved me. all of a sudden i was able to get up. and i just started running. i ran for [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]home[/COLOR][/COLOR] biting my fingers it still felt weird but i was somewhat able to function. i wiped my face and there was blood all over my hands. i went straight for home leaving him behind and when i ran inside i ran into my little sisters room where her and my best friend/cousin was. they started freaking out because i had blood all over my face and i was trying to explain what had happen. i was telling them "GUYS IM OKAY, I'M NOT HIGH ANYMORE" but i was so wrong. my cousin went outside to find my friend and told him to leave. he was crying teling her i was dead. which i still to this day, no matter how crazy it sounds, think i was. he said i was unconscious with my eyes open. which i really dont think is normal? but i dont want to know if its not because itll make me have a panic attack. i went into the livinig room and all of a sudden it started happening again. everything was coming in flashes and i coudlnt stop moving. my heart was beating extremly fast and i thought i was going to die. thats all i kept thinking. it was like i was there but i couldnt reach myself. everything i was saying was coming out really fast and i kept trying to be normal and i would feel normal for a second but then itd go away. i was doing like weird dance moves and freaky ass ****. my cousin called 911 and an ambulence was sent. my aunt (my cousins mom) came and was trying to comfort me, but nothing could. all i wanted was to be normal. its like everything around you isnt real. your all alone. honestly you will never understand how it is unless it happens to you. well the police came and my mom was called to come home with her boyfriend who were out christmas shopping. they put me in the ambulence and gave me [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]oxygen[/COLOR][/COLOR]. they all thought i was crazy but i couldnt help what was happening to me or what i was doing. i'm actually a really good kid, like i would normally never smoke weed. i was in the er for 5 hours until it was out of my system. they were saying it was laced with something but my friend swears it wasnt. they tested for somethings but never all the possibilities which i wish they did. its now about 6 weeks later? nothing has really happened to me since then.but two days ago i was laying on my bed at night waiting for my friend to come over. i was watching tv when all of a sudden i felt like my heart was racing. i started to freak out and i went into the other room. all of a sudden i felt like it was happening. i was freaking out and ran into my moms room. i couldnt sit still. my best friend also my cousin (the same one from that night which i forgot to add) had the same experience as me. atleast she says she does but its so hard to explain i really don't know. it happened to her like a year before me. but she just got [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]anxiety[/COLOR][/COLOR] no passing out or wierd stuff like me. i called her and she told me just to stop thinking about it, its not real. i asked her if i should still have my friend over and she said yeah to keep your mind off of it. i agreed and had my friend over. it was already like 930 when she came over and we just hung out in my room, me still not feeling 100% myself. eventually i went asleep but when i woke up i still didnt feel completely connected to myself. its been like that ever since. i still feel this way. last night a bunch of people were at my house and it got REALLY bad. i was thinking like wow this is not real, none of these people are real. i cant even explain it. ive been reading a bunch of these blogs, and it makes me feel really good being able to somewhat connect but it doesnt seem like any of it is as intense, and it scares the **** out of me. i guess im having panic attacks and that my brain is traumatized but i really cant deal with it. it makes me appreciate life so much more, my perspective on things will never be the same. i know this was a lot to read but it kinda helped me by finally getting it all down. if anyone actually read this and has any advice can you please email me. [email protected] because i'm not even sure how i use these blog things and i just dont want this whole thing i wrote to be a waste. thankss. im katie by the wayy.
Old 17th November 2009
  #2
Lives for gear
 
Dysanfel's Avatar
my god...can you please make that readable. You hurt my blood shot eyes!
Old 17th November 2009
  #3
Lives for gear
 
Never1's Avatar
 

What a bunch of B.S.

The weed triggered a massive panic attack, that she was probably prone to having, anyways. (hence the reason she had another one a few weks later)

It's very common for people in their teens to start having them (I was such a case) as your hormones start going nuts and eventually they go away.

The weed probably super hightened the attack which made it incredibly nasty.

Study "The Secret Life Of Plants" and the science has pretty much proven that people's energies are absorbed by the plants they keep in their homes.
Most Marijiuana growers are nervous and paranoid because they are afraid of getting caught. This energy transfers itself into the plants and a lot of people will say they get paranoid when they smoke weed

She had a massive panic attack, while being super freakin high... That's it.

Worst thing is, now that she had one, she'll be scared to have another one which will propagate itself into a regular bout with anxiety. Panic attacks lose their power the second you acknowledge it as just being a sensation that can't harm you.
Old 17th November 2009
  #4
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never1 View Post
What a bunch of B.S.

The weed triggered a massive panic attack, that she was probably prone to having, anyways. (hence the reason she had another one a few weks later)

It's very common for people in their teens to start having them (I was such a case) as your hormones start going nuts and eventually they go away.

The weed probably super hightened the attack which made it incredibly nasty.

Study "The Secret Life Of Plants" and the science has pretty much proven that people's energies are absorbed by the plants they keep in their homes.
Most Marijiuana growers are nervous and paranoid because they are afraid of getting caught. This energy transfers itself into the plants and a lot of people will say they get paranoid when they smoke weed

She had a massive panic attack, while being super freakin high... That's it.

Worst thing is, now that she had one, she'll be scared to have another one which will propagate itself into a regular bout with anxiety. Panic attacks lose their power the second you acknowledge it as just being a sensation that can't harm you.
People's energies are absorbed by plants that they keep in their homes.. LOL, you believe this??
Old 17th November 2009
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Never1's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike View Post
People's energies are absorbed by plants that they keep in their homes.. LOL, you believe this??

I'm going to paraphrase a couple studies from that book I referenced. This in regards to energy transference.

A few scientists took some water and had a bunch of college students, who were considered "normal", carry it around for a while.

They took another jug of water and brought it to an institution and had some mental patients with severe psychosis carry it around for a while.

When they planted two plants and watered each of them with either the normal water or the mental water, they found that the plant with the normal water grew perfectly fine. The one that was watered with the mental patient water grew downwards and crooked.

Another case, they hooked a person up to one of those brainwave/energy meter machines. (whatever the hell you call them things) Somehow they also hooked a plant up to one, as well.

They had the subject sit in a chair and watch video clips of different things. The various clips included people being shot, blood, gore, horrific things like that and also it included cute and funny things that all invoked strong emotions.

What they discovered is that the plant's energy waves mirrored almost exactly what the persons waves did.

It's easy to live ignorantly, but there's a huge world out there that none of the mainstream medias and schools will teach us. Read a book and make up your mind own before you scoff at the idea without looking into it.
Old 17th November 2009
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Jay-'s Avatar
I dont know what the words in the wall of text but..

Crazy people and ******s should ~NOT~ Smoke pot. Any pot smoker will tell you that.
Idiots should not smoke pot in bad weather and attempt to walk in the dark.

Idiots should not take shrooms in cold weather, you will die.

Lets keep the argument where it belongs, pot makes you lazy and greesey. Its not going to kill you.
Old 17th November 2009
  #7
Gear Maniac
 
ThetaAlpha970's Avatar
 

8 Hits of great pot on a noob could make you pass out and have a freaky dream.
Laced pot is a different story.

Conclusion: Pot cannot kill you. Katie was tripping on drugs.
Old 17th November 2009
  #8
Lives for gear
 
Jay-'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaAlpha970 View Post
Conclusion: Pot cannot kill you. Katie was tripping on drugs.

She was as high as a person on LSD, you are correct, don't smoke 8 hits of "One hit wonder"
Old 17th November 2009
  #9
Cannabis has been known to cause panic attacks further down the road in some people. I know this because as a teenager I had to drive my father to the hospital a few times because his panic attacks were so bad. He thought he was dying, he was crying and the doctors thought he was crazy. It turns out later that they said it could have been contributed to marijuana use as a teenager/young adult. He hadn't smoked since I was born and he still was having these attacks, they calmed down after a while.

Obviously this doesn't affect everyone this way, I am surrounded by people in this industry that do smoke it(and a few I know smoke EVERYDAY) and they don't have these effects, but it does happen sometimes.
Old 17th November 2009
  #10
Lives for gear
What am I supposed to take away from this story? Weed does not produce these results. I have consumed some of the strongest and best weed in the world, and lots of it. Nothing like this happens. Seems like amateur fear mongering from an idiot teenager that assumes their personal experiences are the one and only reality.
Old 17th November 2009
  #11
It's always the combination of (1.) setting (where, when, why, with whom), (2.) the person (him/herself), (3.) the substance used (and how much, at what time), that makes an experience.
Old 17th November 2009
  #12
Gear Guru
 
Sounds Great's Avatar
 

Old 17th November 2009
  #13
Gear Addict
 

At least she didn't go home and murder her whole family with an axe, while under the influence of that dangerous narcotic.....check out "Reefer Madness" from 1933 or so....it can happen....to one of YOUR children.....




or YOURS..









or YOURS...











or YOURS
Old 17th November 2009
  #14
Lives for gear
 
jeremy.c.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
I'm with you on this one bro. Waaaaaaay too much fear mongering and complete lack of understanding of the human mind and science leads people to correlate these issues when there's no real connection. Of course there is no one size fits all for anything, so it's entirely possible a small number of individuals will have an adverse reaction or will have a medical condition triggered by THC use, but taking these exceptions to scare everyone into believing it's the norm is just misleading and dishonest.
Old 17th November 2009
  #15
Lives for gear
 
jeremy.c.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by area51recording View Post
At least she didn't go home and murder her whole family with an axe, while under the influence of that dangerous narcotic.....check out "Reefer Madness" from 1933 or so....it can happen....to one of YOUR children.....
Now you're freaking me out maaaaannnnnnn!
Don't harsh on our mellow.
Old 17th November 2009
  #16
Gear Addict
 
blarg's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike View Post
Wow, just incredible. Read the messages from marijuana smokers who have had live changing experience from smoking. This is crazy.

Depersonalization and permanent anxiety after smoking weed! >> Medical Questions, Weight Loss, Pregnancy, Drugs, Health Insurance

Here's one post from somebody....freaky:


I had never smoked pot before. well thats a lie i did once before but i never really got high. i don't think i even smoked it right. but about 6 weeks ago my friend wanted me to smoke with him. so i agreed. im only 16 by the way. we went into the woods and he had me take about 8 hits. ahead of time he was saying "i'm only going to have you take a couple hits because this is really good stuff."At first i was feeling okay. it was really cold out. we walked more towards the woods and i started to not feel cold anymore, i was numb. i used to pass out a lot when i was little. we started walking back towards my [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]house[/COLOR][/COLOR] and he asked me if i was feeling high. i told him i deffinitly was. but all of a sudden i felt like i was going to faint. everything blacked out. i woke up kinda but everything was in flashes. i cant really explain what happened to me at all in words. i was being dragged. i heard him crying. but i couldnt do anything. in my head i was dead. i remember him holding my shoulders and saying KATIE DONT DO THIS TO ME. crying his eyes out. all i kept thinking was wow this kid is so dumb you shouldnt of done this im dead. and i just thought this is what death is and i made the mistake so now i have to deal with it. all i wanted to do what be comfortable. but i couldnt and i guess it was because he was pulling me around. it was like tricking me, i'd be comfortable then i wasn't. i slightly remember any of this but i kinda feel like there was a time where i saw myself like an out of body experience. i saw me go on his back and i heard my back crack. i really cant remember everything so this is coming out weirdly because i will randomly remember things. i remember thinking yell something. and i felt like that saved me. all of a sudden i was able to get up. and i just started running. i ran for [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]home[/COLOR][/COLOR] biting my fingers it still felt weird but i was somewhat able to function. i wiped my face and there was blood all over my hands. i went straight for home leaving him behind and when i ran inside i ran into my little sisters room where her and my best friend/cousin was. they started freaking out because i had blood all over my face and i was trying to explain what had happen. i was telling them "GUYS IM OKAY, I'M NOT HIGH ANYMORE" but i was so wrong. my cousin went outside to find my friend and told him to leave. he was crying teling her i was dead. which i still to this day, no matter how crazy it sounds, think i was. he said i was unconscious with my eyes open. which i really dont think is normal? but i dont want to know if its not because itll make me have a panic attack. i went into the livinig room and all of a sudden it started happening again. everything was coming in flashes and i coudlnt stop moving. my heart was beating extremly fast and i thought i was going to die. thats all i kept thinking. it was like i was there but i couldnt reach myself. everything i was saying was coming out really fast and i kept trying to be normal and i would feel normal for a second but then itd go away. i was doing like weird dance moves and freaky ass ****. my cousin called 911 and an ambulence was sent. my aunt (my cousins mom) came and was trying to comfort me, but nothing could. all i wanted was to be normal. its like everything around you isnt real. your all alone. honestly you will never understand how it is unless it happens to you. well the police came and my mom was called to come home with her boyfriend who were out christmas shopping. they put me in the ambulence and gave me [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]oxygen[/COLOR][/COLOR]. they all thought i was crazy but i couldnt help what was happening to me or what i was doing. i'm actually a really good kid, like i would normally never smoke weed. i was in the er for 5 hours until it was out of my system. they were saying it was laced with something but my friend swears it wasnt. they tested for somethings but never all the possibilities which i wish they did. its now about 6 weeks later? nothing has really happened to me since then.but two days ago i was laying on my bed at night waiting for my friend to come over. i was watching tv when all of a sudden i felt like my heart was racing. i started to freak out and i went into the other room. all of a sudden i felt like it was happening. i was freaking out and ran into my moms room. i couldnt sit still. my best friend also my cousin (the same one from that night which i forgot to add) had the same experience as me. atleast she says she does but its so hard to explain i really don't know. it happened to her like a year before me. but she just got [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]anxiety[/COLOR][/COLOR] no passing out or wierd stuff like me. i called her and she told me just to stop thinking about it, its not real. i asked her if i should still have my friend over and she said yeah to keep your mind off of it. i agreed and had my friend over. it was already like 930 when she came over and we just hung out in my room, me still not feeling 100% myself. eventually i went asleep but when i woke up i still didnt feel completely connected to myself. its been like that ever since. i still feel this way. last night a bunch of people were at my house and it got REALLY bad. i was thinking like wow this is not real, none of these people are real. i cant even explain it. ive been reading a bunch of these blogs, and it makes me feel really good being able to somewhat connect but it doesnt seem like any of it is as intense, and it scares the **** out of me. i guess im having panic attacks and that my brain is traumatized but i really cant deal with it. it makes me appreciate life so much more, my perspective on things will never be the same. i know this was a lot to read but it kinda helped me by finally getting it all down. if anyone actually read this and has any advice can you please email me. [email protected] because i'm not even sure how i use these blog things and i just dont want this whole thing i wrote to be a waste. thankss. im katie by the wayy.


..........Pass me that ****!!
Old 17th November 2009
  #17
Gear Maniac
 

sounds like a bunch of light weights to me.
Old 17th November 2009
  #18
Gear Maniac
 
marcpl's Avatar
 

i've been an every day pot smoker for most of my life. i quit for about 2 years recently when i went through a bad divorce. i tried the more mature approach: traded in my weed for pharmaceuticals. BIG MISTAKE! the doctors pumped me full of every kind of anti-depressant and anxiety medication you can think of. all of which made me feel sicker and sicker.

i was their personal guinea pig.

eventually i fired all of those quacks and went back to weed, glorious weed and all is right in my world again.

legally this makes me a criminal but i'll take being a healthy criminal over being a wreck of a law abiding citizen any day. plus the day that i feel the US government knows what's best for me better than i know myself...well, it'll be time to trade in the weed for some crack! down with big brotherism!

marco
Old 17th November 2009
  #19
That's why it's probably more of a personal reaction. I can eat peanuts, my friend Mike will get hives/rash if he eats peanuts, my friend Natalie could possibly die if she eats peanuts. I imagine 99% of people don't get this. But smoking a crapload of potent bud (when you've never really done it before) probably isn't a good idea if you don't know how you react to it.

34
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorGlory View Post
What am I supposed to take away from this story? Weed does not produce these results. I have consumed some of the strongest and best weed in the world, and lots of it. Nothing like this happens. Seems like amateur fear mongering from an idiot teenager that assumes their personal experiences are the one and only reality.
Old 17th November 2009
  #20
Lives for gear
 
rhythmtech's Avatar
 

i used to suffer with really horrible panic attacks, totally ridiculas reasoning in my head... then i started smoking 1 reefer after work every evening. i havent had a panic attack in nearly 8 years. go figure.
Old 17th November 2009
  #21
Gear Guru
 
Sounds Great's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockitrecordings View Post
That's why it's probably more of a personal reaction. I can eat peanuts, my friend Mike will get hives/rash if he eats peanuts, my friend Natalie could possibly die if she eats peanuts. I imagine 99% of people don't get this. But smoking a crapload of potent bud (when you've never really done it before) probably isn't a good idea if you don't know how you react to it.

34
Yes, and out in the woods in the freezing cold. What a plan.
Old 17th November 2009
  #22
Lives for gear
 

I've been like that before one of my first times taking a lot of weed.

I didn't go all emo then start bleeding and run around crying though.
Old 17th November 2009
  #23
Gear Guru
 
Sounds Great's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia_nb View Post
but taking these exceptions to scare everyone into believing it's the norm is just misleading and dishonest.
MikeyMike has a history of doing this. If he doesn't like pot, fine, but I'm not sure why he is on this personal crusade to make everyone else agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcpl View Post
i've been an every day pot smoker for most of my life. i quit for about 2 years recently when i went through a bad divorce. i tried the more mature approach: traded in my weed for pharmaceuticals. BIG MISTAKE! the doctors pumped me full of every kind of anti-depressant and anxiety medication you can think of. all of which made me feel sicker and sicker.

i was their personal guinea pig.

eventually i fired all of those quacks and went back to weed, glorious weed and all is right in my world again.

legally this makes me a criminal but i'll take being a healthy criminal over being a wreck of a law abiding citizen any day. plus the day that i feel the US government knows what's best for me better than i know myself...well, it'll be time to trade in the weed for some crack! down with big brotherism!

marco

Old 17th November 2009
  #24
Lives for gear
 
Jay-'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
Yes, and out in the woods in the freezing cold. What a plan.

I don't know about you but when I'm lost in the freezing cold woods at night I usually ALWAYS have a panic attack, drugs or not it sucks brutal to be lost in the forest and cold.
Old 17th November 2009
  #25
Gear Guru
 
Sounds Great's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Talbot View Post
Huh? It didn't kill me.....
I've been skiing on shrooms before. Of course I was bundled up pretty good.
Old 17th November 2009
  #26
Lives for gear
 
Jay-'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Talbot View Post
Huh? It didn't kill me.....
Welcome to the law of natural selection!
Old 17th November 2009
  #27
Lives for gear
 

I felt like I was melting last time i smoked in the cold at night. Go for an adventure.

People I meet who smoke everyday can be quite anti-social....I don't care WHAT scientist has a graph saying it has no affect whatsoever.
Old 17th November 2009
  #28
Lives for gear
Also, a point of note.... Weed makes me VERY sensitive to the cold, so there is no way I'd ever be in the freezing ass woods smoking a doobie, unless of course there was no other place to smoke.
Old 17th November 2009
  #29
Gear Guru
 
Sounds Great's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislpp View Post
People I meet who smoke everyday can be quite anti-social....I don't care WHAT scientist has a graph saying it has no affect whatsoever.
Who ever said it has no affect? Of course it does. If it works for you, fine, if not don't do that.

As far as being anti-social, I think anti-social people might be more inclined to be pot smokers. So there you have it.
Old 18th November 2009
  #30
Lives for gear
 

Hey fellas, just trying to make you aware that some people have had truly life altering experiences from marijuana. I have had bad experiences with marijuana as well but luckily as of yet don't have severe side effects. I use to have panic attacks when I was younger before I ever smoked the bud. When I started smoking, they went away. I stopped after two years and I have no more panic attacks. Just wanted to let you guys know that some people have been affected greatly by marijuana. I don't care if they are the minority as some of you say but 4 out of the 5 people I know have had massive changes in their perception of life responsibilities and living a very unprosperous life. These people were fine before they started smoking and now they are...........

And in case you haven't, click that link and read the responses from other people that have experienced depersonalization and derealization effects.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
DontLetMeDrown / Music Computers
2
otobianki74 / Music Computers
2

Forum Jump
Forum Jump