The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Marijuana Users Check This Out........ Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never1 View Post
I finally remember where I heard it. It was not read it was from an audio interview with Paul Chek who is an amazing individual who helps a lot of star athletes.

Here's a link to the episode.
Paul Chek No Holds Barred 6/23/2009 - Sean Croxton on Blog Talk Radio

I reccommend this radio blog to anyone looking for some good alternative info on health, fitness and nutrition.

If you want Paul's credentials, just google him. He's the guru. An all encompassing man who knows a heck of a lot.
Yes, now i understand.
Not a scientist, doing it for the money, has his own books and DVD's (40 of them, no less) has a holistic institute and calls himself a guru.
Hardly someone that can comment on the intricacies of human biochemistry....

His credentials have nothing to do with understanding how cannabinoids work.
You seem to suggest he is into alternative health.
This means he proppably hasn't done any research on cell biology (it's a big field with tons of info, so he would not be writing health bopoks after that).
Which means he can say anything he wants about cell biology but it's obvious he knows **** about the subject.
He's the bordeline quack that will tell you things you want to hear so he can make money off of you and you'd feel better for it.
That's how human beings work.
Now if only he could shut up about thing he doesn't know.
But then he won't, will he, because his whole operation rests on the lack of understanding of the real world by his subjects.
He's not the first one you know.
These kind of slime has been wandering the earth for thousands of years.

btw.
And you think this is a great guy because he helps star athletes?
How about helping the starving people around the world?

Anyway, take everything he sais with a big spoon of salt.
It may help you see the world like it realy is.

I find it funny though that you were accusing me of getting information form 'official sources' while you blindly belief a guy that has never studied cell biology to tell you how THC receptors work.
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

Yeah, I'm not gonna waste anymore time arguing about it, because I can see where this is headed.

You are all right and I'm wrong and I don't stand a chance because the people teaching me are quacks, not scientists.

cheers.
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not gonna waste anymore time arguing about it, because I can see where this is headed.

You are all right and I'm wrong and I don't stand a chance because the people teaching me are quacks, not scientists.

cheers.
If you are not questioning your teachers then you have learned nothing at all...
Old 21st November 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CramRack View Post
I have spoken with doctors about my marijuana use and all of them said I would be fine (mentally) in the long term. The catch is: it is still smoke full of carcinogens that will damage your lungs severely over time. Just like smoking tobacco. So, the doctor told me, it is important to cool the smoke down to a temperature that is less stressful on the lungs and throat (another place where marijuana smoke knowingly damages).
Vaporize. I hardly smoke at all anymore.
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monomer View Post
If you are not questioning your teachers then you have learned nothing at all...

I've questioned it all, to be honest... Outside of this one thing regarding THC receptors, most of what Mr. Chek has taught me is completely sound. I'll be the first to admit that maybe he's wrong about it, but once you start paying attention to what he and some others have to say, you realize how much B.S. is propagated by the health, nutrition and medical fields.

I follow his principles and my health has dramatically increased. My body mass is a lean 12% body fat, and I feel lke a million bucks.

A scientist would look at what he does and cry foul in 2 seconds, because there's no scientific basis for his methods.... but I don't feel, based on my own experiences with following his principles, that they should be deemed invalid, just because some dork in a trench coat with a bunch of numbers says it isn't plausible.

And my comment about him training/rehab-ing star athletes is just to show who his clientele is. He charges 500$ US/hr and has rehabilitated people that no doctor could. He knows what he's doing and his teachings run deep.

Check out "nutrition: the dirt facts" on youtube for a fraction of what he teaches. If nothing else, maybe it'll open you up to the ideas that he presents.

I don't need to preach to anyone; I just get sad when people jump for medical drugs and all this science B.S. when there are simpler answers that we should be taught... but as I said eariler, there's no money in healthy people who don't by drugs.
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

check out the bbc horizon documentary 'Cannabis: Evil Weed?' it is very informative and shows both sides of the cannabis argument. a growing lab in england is onto some amazing new uses of the plant including harnessing the 'OTHER' chemical found in cannabis next to the famous THC. this is called CBD which has the opposite effect of THC so therefore it is an anti-psychotic. most commercially grown 'drug' marijuana nowadays has very little CBD compared to the land race strains that were available before the home-growing boom started. both THC and CBD have unique properties and serve their own roles in medication, however growing strains specifically for a proper THC/CBD ratio will be more common as science discovers more about this other extremely important component.

i read about both cbd and thc back in the ninties and i learned pretty much the same thing, thc is a 'narcotic' that predominantly effects the brain, while cbd and the other cbd variations in the plant work more on the body and have a mental 'clarifying' or calming effect.

no doubt this plant is controversial. as mentioned earlier too, vaporizers are really cool! no smoke at all just the chemicals you want(i think you go through slightly more weed but if you're the type to actually get one and some preemo buds then i guess it wouldn't matter)
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
I've questioned it all, to be honest... Outside of this one thing regarding THC receptors, most of what Mr. Chek has taught me is completely sound. I'll be the first to admit that maybe he's wrong about it, but once you start paying attention to what he and some others have to say, you realize how much B.S. is propagated by the health, nutrition and medical fields.

I follow his principles and my health has dramatically increased. My body mass is a lean 12% body fat, and I feel lke a million bucks.

A scientist would look at what he does and cry foul in 2 seconds, because there's no scientific basis for his methods.... but I don't feel, based on my own experiences with following his principles, that they should be deemed invalid, just because some dork in a trench coat with a bunch of numbers says it isn't plausible.

And my comment about him training/rehab-ing star athletes is just to show who his clientele is. He charges 500$ US/hr and has rehabilitated people that no doctor could. He knows what he's doing and his teachings run deep.

Check out "nutrition: the dirt facts" on youtube for a fraction of what he teaches. If nothing else, maybe it'll open you up to the ideas that he presents.

I don't need to preach to anyone; I just get sad when people jump for medical drugs and all this science B.S. when there are simpler answers that we should be taught... but as I said eariler, there's no money in healthy people who don't by drugs.

Aah, i think you misunderstood, at least partially.
I'm not saying his methods are not working or anything.
Just saying that if he gives actual explanations for why it is working and they are not based on scientific fact then the explanations are worthless.
Still, it may work.
A scientist would note the fact that there is something working and set out to map the way in which it works.

Not sure what you mean by 'all this science BS' but it is because of science that you propably won't get polio and get to live beyond your 80'th birthday, if all goes well.

I don't think you can blame science for giving people disseases.
In fact, if you look at the stats you'd see that most deaths\ are from illnesses that have to do with living patterns.
People generally eat too much, too much sugars, too much fats, etc.
They live in stressy environments dealing with stressing problems.
Heart dissease is now numero uno killer in the US is heart dissease.

That's not up to science, that's up to the people and the sources that push them to get another round of fried cheese...

Yet people live longer than before.
That IS up to science since medicine is able to treat most of the disseases that were killing people (at an earlier age) before.

So i don't realy see why you have such a distrust for science.
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monomer View Post
Aah, i think you misunderstood, at least partially.
I'm not saying his methods are not working or anything.
Just saying that if he gives actual explanations for why it is working and they are not based on scientific fact then the explanations are worthless.
Still, it may work.
A scientist would note the fact that there is something working and set out to map the way in which it works.

Not sure what you mean by 'all this science BS' but it is because of science that you propably won't get polio and get to live beyond your 80'th birthday, if all goes well.

I don't think you can blame science for giving people disseases.
In fact, if you look at the stats you'd see that most deaths\ are from illnesses that have to do with living patterns.
People generally eat too much, too much sugars, too much fats, etc.
They live in stressy environments dealing with stressing problems.
Heart dissease is now numero uno killer in the US is heart dissease.

That's not up to science, that's up to the people and the sources that push them to get another round of fried cheese...

Yet people live longer than before.
That IS up to science since medicine is able to treat most of the disseases that were killing people (at an earlier age) before.

So i don't realy see why you have such a distrust for science.
fair enough, dude.. everything you covered about the individual lifestyles is covered very well,by Mr. chek and others whom I've learned from, and I agree 100%.

I hate how prejudiced people have become towards anything that isn't "medical fact". The second you mention holisitic, it automatically loses any credibility.. but there's tons of documented proof that these methods work very well.

By science B.S. I mean the nutrition/health industry, specifically and how a lot of the schools that teach it are funded by companies like General Mills and such. There's a huge conflict of interest and a lot of false data that gets printed, all for the sake of financial gain by vested interests.

Not all science is bad, but I distrust anyone who offers a pill for an ailment when the ailment usually has an underlying issue that should be dealt with and probbaly doesn't require any medical intervention. A simple lifestyle change could cure most of our modern day diseases.

A headache is not a tylenol defficiency, for example. How bout drinking a bit more water and watching a bit less TV?
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

Just seen the first 3 minutes of the vid and i think he's right.
Note, tho , that he's not bashing science, he's bashing the pharma industry.
Those people are evil.
Our food IS evil.
And it's not only the pharmas helping with that.
It's the consumption industry as a whole that is responsible for our food being so bad.

But scientists have been saying this for more than 50 years.
It's just that people don't want to listen and keep consuming in a generally unhealty way.

But then he goes on with the scary cancer story.
..which is completely out of context.

People always get cancer if other factors are ruled out.
That's because our DNA always degrades.
Since medicine ruled out most common disseases we are left with just a couple of main causes of death, cancer being one of them.
The fact remains that people live a lot longer and cancer, being caused by gene degradation, will naturally surface as one of the main causes of death.

So he's at least twisting your perception of reality by stating these facts in this context.

Thankfully science is cracking down on cancer and i think that when you look at how we advance with research in the human genome that an actual cure for most cancers will be available within 30 years or less.
This medication will be available to most human beings, even those that cannot afford the $500/hr fees this guy asks for telling people to eat healthy...
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
fair enough, dude.. everything you covered about the individual lifestyles is covered very well,by Mr. chek and others whom I've learned from, and I agree 100%.

Quote:
I hate how prejudiced people have become towards anything that isn't "medical fact". The second you mention holisitic, it automatically loses any credibility.. but there's tons of documented proof that these methods work very well.
if there is proof then that's science...

Quote:
By science B.S. I mean the nutrition/health industry, specifically and how a lot of the schools that teach it are funded by companies like General Mills and such. There's a huge conflict of interest and a lot of false data that gets printed, all for the sake of financial gain by vested interests.
That is NOT science, alto it may try to look like it.

Quote:
Not all science is bad, but I distrust anyone who offers a pill for an ailment when the ailment usually has an underlying issue that should be dealt with and probbaly doesn't require any medical intervention. A simple lifestyle change could cure most of our modern day diseases.
Science is not good or bad.
Uses of science can maybe be qualified as such, but then again, what is good and what is bad?
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

IMO, life is all about dosage. Drugs, food, women, excercise, etc. Some people are hyper-sensitive to things, some are hypo-sensitive. Different can people respond differently to the same thing. There is no one case/situation to rule them all. There do tend to be general rules though. So, what do you take from that? That balance is key. IMO, common sense with an open mind and an inquisitive nature will take you far in life. There is much we don't know and much to be discovered. Be open to new ideas, but employ a healthy use of pragmatism. It is my experience that fear usually inhibits discovery, but I've also heard that "curiosity killed the cat" so be careful in how and what you search for. - paul

p.s. +1 on the vaporizer
Old 21st November 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffmachine View Post
p.s. +1 on the vaporizer

I've upgraded my system. Even with vaporizing, I was worried about breathing in raw dust and stuff, so I added the water filter attachment.

Nothing burned, no particulates of any kind, just cooled down hot air vapor. Amazing, barely different than breathing plain air. thumbsup
Old 22nd November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden beers View Post
just to say that i work in academia and with a professor who has examined 48 PH.D students, my wife has a PH.D. my friend has a PH.D in immunology and is editor for Natureimmunology. and i can tell you categorically that this study has no scientific worth because a statistically insignificant sample was used. you would have to use 2000 plants for this study to actually give any meaningful data. also the fact that they were looking for energies, tells me that this experiment was bias and unscientific on all counts. believe what you want but to accuse others of ignorance is hypocritical of you. obviously nothing i've said here will change your views but those are the facts.
I agree.... I have heard people talk about how plants absorb knowledge, and that we gain that knowledge if ingest those plants. So, according to those theories, when someone smokes Pot or takes Ayahuasca (Ayahuasca being another plant that people feel holds knowledge), and they are filled with enlightenment, they feel that they are being enlightened because they are absorbing information from the plant.

I personally feel that in todays crazy, fast pace, society the simple explanation for feeling enlightened when you smoke pot, isn't because you are absorbing energy, or knowledge from the pot, it's because it simply calms you down, detaches you from todays INSANE reality, and puts you in a state of mind where you might be able to rationalize, very deep feelings that you have, that your brain is normally to overloaded to rationalize.

THAT BEING SAID, although pot CAN help you calm down and rationalize deep feelings, the results of smoking pot are very inconsistent. Anyone who has spent time around a bunch of stoners knows, that pot can also fill your head with, irrational, illogical, crazy ideas...... This is when you run into the senseless stoner banter.

I smoke pot from time to time and sometimes it DOES calm me down and it DOES put me in a state of mind, where I can really hash out what's going on inside my brain. However I also catch my self thinking about really pointless, stupid **** as-well.

So my conclusion is that there is a simple explanation when you smoke pot, and it affects your brain in a positive way, to the point were you actually accomplish some very rational, productive thinking. The explanation is more or less because it calms you down and relaxes you.

However my conclusion is that the results are very inconsistent, and you can't rely on pot to help you make most of your life choices, because although pot can have a positive effect on your thinking, it can also, and often does make you think of really stupid, useless, pointless ****.

They believe that when you injest Ayahuasca, and injest the knowledge it holds that it can be very enlightening. I had a friend tell me about going to a Ayahuasca ceremony in peru, and well he went into a very intense trip, it really made him think deeply about his family and friends, and how he might be taking them for-granted. Once again the theory is that he gained this knowledge from the plant...... However, even if you do believe plants hold knowledge and energy, how can a plant that has never been anywhere near him or any of his friends or family, know anything about him or his family situation? I believe, just like I said about pot, the simple explanation is that he was detached from his very busy, and hectic reality, and he was put in a state of mind that made it easy for him to make rational thoughts about his friends and family and his feelings..... Thoughts that he didn't consider when he was sober simply because he had a million other things to think about every day.

However just like pot he also seen / thought some very ridiculous things, that have no application in life, and that show no sign of "knowledge" or "intelligence". For example he told me he saw vines with usb cables running through them.

So I don't think plants hold any knowledge / or special energy and I can definitely agree with golden beers that this study is totally irrelevant for more then one reason.
Drugs alter your state of mind.... they make you use parts of your brain that you might not normally use, and they make you NOT use parts of your brain that you might use too much and it all depends on the drug you took and how you were feeling when you took it.... It has nothing to do with the knowledge or energy that the plant apparently has inside of it.

People have been eating things like, sharks and tigers, for decades, because they believe that they will become strong, like a tiger or that they will get sick less like a shark......

All I can say is that, I would like to see someone who has been eating tigers, and lions, and elephants, and other very strong animals, attack a tiger with his / her bare hands. I don't think they will be as strong as the tiger.... infact I don't think they will be even close.

Same thing goes for plants...... although I don't even think plants have any kind of intelligence beyond the intelligence they use to stay alive.

sorry for ranting on haha.
Old 22nd November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
I've upgraded my system. Even with vaporizing, I was worried about breathing in raw dust and stuff, so I added the water filter attachment.

Nothing burned, no particulates of any kind, just cooled down hot air vapor. Amazing, barely different than breathing plain air. thumbsup
Whoah, nice. I use this Silver Surfer Herbal Vaporizer Oil Diffuser/ Ceramic heater (Willie Nelson and Snoop are fans funny enough) and I still get some smoke, but waaaay less. After switching, it's hard to go back. Feels so much cleaner on my lungs.
Old 22nd November 2009
Lives for gear

if your vaporiser is working properly (not too hot) the white mist you see is not smoke, its thc steam. (thc being a thick liquid, it boils off as a vapor) water filtration will cause this steam to condense into the water. you will lose a great deal of your thc in this manner. i've been using this thing Home | HappyVappy Vaporizer for years and i love it. it has a very short barrel so there is little loss to condensation within the unit, it has a particulate filter in the mouthpiece so no "dust" and it will blow yer head off for about a half an hr on what would be 3 pulls in a bowl (just be aware you have to have GOOD {sugar coated} herbs or else you're better off to smoke. vaporisers only vaporise thc, and if yer bud has a low thc content you wont get much vapor but if u smoke it you can still get some cbc and cbd)
Old 22nd November 2009
Gear Guru

I dunno, I've been putting it through water and it seems to work just fine. And yes, there should never be any smoke if you set the temperature right, just a fine vapor mist.
Old 22nd November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
I dunno, I've been putting it through water and it seems to work just fine. And yes, there should never be any smoke if you set the temperature right, just a fine vapor mist.
Seems I've been a bit impatient and burning things a tad too hot then. Thanks for the update. - paul
Old 22nd November 2009
Gear Guru

Are there any good battery operated units? They tend to be pretty expensive.
Old 22nd November 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedman View Post
i've been using this thing Home | HappyVappy Vaporizer for years and i love it. it has a very short barrel so there is little loss to condensation within the unit, it has a particulate filter in the mouthpiece
Thanks for the heads up on this one. I've been looking to get a second unit and this looks pretty cool. I just pulled the trigger on the bubble gum model. Merry Christmas to me. heh
Old 23rd November 2009
Lives for gear

sounds...yer gonna love it...I don't know what you're currently using but I'd be willing to bet this one ends up being your primary...I did a lot of research before I pulled the trigger and this is the only one I could find that wasnt a big production to use...just pack it and pull like any other piece you've ever used only no mucking about with a lighter
Old 23rd November 2009
Gear Guru

I've got an old Vapor Doc I've been using for years. Never had any problems, but it is not a one handed operation with the tube and all. And I like the car adapter for the HappyVappy. thumbsup
Old 23rd November 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockitrecordings View Post
Cannabis has been known to cause panic attacks further down the road in some people. I know this because as a teenager I had to drive my father to the hospital a few times because his panic attacks were so bad. He thought he was dying, he was crying and the doctors thought he was crazy. It turns out later that they said it could have been contributed to marijuana use as a teenager/young adult. He hadn't smoked since I was born and he still was having these attacks, they calmed down after a while.

Obviously this doesn't affect everyone this way, I am surrounded by people in this industry that do smoke it(and a few I know smoke EVERYDAY) and they don't have these effects, but it does happen sometimes.

its okay with moderation!

i smoke it most days and still work 9 till 5 everyday. it doesn't affect my daily life (apart from id probbally have more money)

if anything starts affecting your life then you should stop, not just drugs...
Old 23rd November 2009
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jduffy View Post
if anything starts affecting your life then you should stop, not just drugs...
+1 to that.

I love how someone posts a silly scaremongering story about MJ and when you read through the currently 5 pages of responses, you realize that there is actually nothing to fear about pot.

Legalization is even gaining traction nationally in the US:washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

Soon, we'll be able to buy it legally and enjoy it like responsible adults!

Old 23rd November 2009
Gear Addict

This whole thing kind of reflects what seems to be the current strategy of scaring the living **** out of an uninformed populace using any tactics necessary. Makes them easier to control. In fact I think the powers that be would prefer all of us to hide in our basements until Jesus knocks on the door to let us out...
Old 24th November 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by area51recording View Post
This whole thing kind of reflects what seems to be the current strategy of scaring the living **** out of an uninformed populace using any tactics necessary. Makes them easier to control. In fact I think the powers that be would prefer all of us to hide in our basements until Jesus knocks on the door to let us out...
You mean like this:

Old 24th November 2009
Gear Addict

"Dope on Steroids" are they talking about the weed or Glenn Beck
Old 24th November 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
You mean like this:

HAhahaha heh
Old 24th November 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontodrummer View Post
+1 to that.

I love how someone posts a silly scaremongering story about MJ and when you read through the currently 5 pages of responses, you realize that there is actually nothing to fear about pot.

Legalization is even gaining traction nationally in the US:washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

Soon, we'll be able to buy it legally and enjoy it like responsible adults!

I think the US is doing the right thing, decrimanalize it and put barriers and laws in place to cut down the number of users, it pushes it from been underground and possibly dangerous for your health into a taxable market.

To bad the UK isn't too interested in doing the same thing :(
Old 24th November 2009
Old 25th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
You mean like this:

1500 pounds in 15 minutes huh?.....well i'm willing to try

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search