The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Marijuana Users Check This Out........ Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Wink

wait - you mean sometimes, some people get a bit freaked out when they smoke too much?

somebody get me CNN... the world needs to KNOW!

Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never1 View Post
I'm going to paraphrase a couple studies from that book I referenced. This in regards to energy transference.

A few scientists took some water and had a bunch of college students, who were considered "normal", carry it around for a while.

They took another jug of water and brought it to an institution and had some mental patients with severe psychosis carry it around for a while.

When they planted two plants and watered each of them with either the normal water or the mental water, they found that the plant with the normal water grew perfectly fine. The one that was watered with the mental patient water grew downwards and crooked.

Another case, they hooked a person up to one of those brainwave/energy meter machines. (whatever the hell you call them things) Somehow they also hooked a plant up to one, as well.

They had the subject sit in a chair and watch video clips of different things. The various clips included people being shot, blood, gore, horrific things like that and also it included cute and funny things that all invoked strong emotions.

What they discovered is that the plant's energy waves mirrored almost exactly what the persons waves did.

It's easy to live ignorantly, but there's a huge world out there that none of the mainstream medias and schools will teach us. Read a book and make up your mind own before you scoff at the idea without looking into it.
Dude, with the stories you believe in that statement seems only too true...
For this BS to be anywhere near real you would have to state a lot of facts about how the experiments were conducted and how the conclusions were formed.
As it is it is nothing more than a fairytale as there is absolutely nothing scientifically veriviable about it...
At the very least there should be something about double blinded-ness of the test.
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Weed has been used for thousands of years and has little to no adverse side effects.

It's very effective for pain management and people with circadian rythem problems. (people who travel a lot and are jet lagged more often than not)

The only real problem with frequent use is it causes depression, because the THC clogs up the receptors in the brain.

If I smoke it too frequently, after I stop i'll go through a few days of depression.
Having a toke every now and then, though, does no harm what so ever.

God bless weed.
That could just as well be attributed to the lack of dopamine that you then expecience due to the lack of being high...
Your brain is quick in adapting to dopamine levels so stopping the regular 'dopamine-boost' of weed will have the effect of your brain expecting some, but not getting it. Since it's now tweaked for this boost there will be a relative lack of dopamine and you feel depressed.
In any case, THC is not a neuro transmitter, so the likelyness of it clogging up neural receptors seems far fetched.
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Addict
Actually..THC doesn't clog up receptors in the brain..quite the opposite.
It is currently being studied for for it's benefits with regards to alzheimers. It is thought to help prevent the "plaque" build up in the brain that causes it.
BBC NEWS | Health | Marijuana may block Alzheimer's

My father has advanced alzheimers and i wish all this scaremongering hadn't prevented serious research over the years. The current drugs used in treatment are both expensive and damaging.
Cannabis can trigger panic attacks it is true..but usually only because it is unmasking serious underlying issues a person already has. It wont cause any lasting damage once smoked and discontinued.
Surely this is clear from the amount of people smoking it for thousands of years versus the relatively few cases of psychosis seen.
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Maniac

I think it´s quite simple. If you wanna smoke then do it and if you don´t then don´t!

But if people want to smoke pot then they should also be respected as long as they don´t bother people. And normally people that smoke don´t bother people or get violent like people that drink too much or are on heavy medication.

Society accepts drunks and people high on medication, TV junkies, foodaholics etc so why should it bother anyone if a person in his/her free will decides to smoke a joint?

It´s the persons right to do as they wish as long as they don´t effect others negatively.
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Heh, i have anxiety problems and smoke weed.
It just makes me feel calm and relaxed.
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaAlpha970 View Post
8 Hits of great pot on a noob could make you pass out and have a freaky dream.
Laced pot is a different story.
Exactly. I haven't smoked in ages, only because I am at a point in my life where I'm trying to do as much as I can with 5 hours of sleep; I do look forward to retirement and smoking weed every day though; this is part of the reason I try to work hard every day.

To the OP, look, please stop trying to scare people with misinformation (especially on a forum where 98% of the users are professional pot smokers). You have no idea what was in the weed; I advice any pot rookie to watch out when someone passes one to them, because you never know what someone can be lacing their **** with.

If you would have given this girl one nice hit of some good ass weed from a reputable source, this would have been a totally different story (would have probably been studying the earth and leaves instead of freaking the **** out).

This said, check this out OP: If you make a teenager drink a 24 pack of beer, chances are they will get very sick from alcohol poisoning and possibly die, and that **** is legal and advertised a gazillion times daily everywhere; some commercials are even telling you that you will get "the girl" if you're cool and drink the right beer. The truth also is that today, some young person is going to die due to an alcohol-related death, like a car accident. Wake your ass up, OP.
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Yeah once when I was 16 in a 120 year old creepy 4000 SF house I smoked a ton of pot, then I smoked a ton after every one went to sleep.

The effect? I slept on the couch and I thought I fell into a coffin and the coffin door kept closing over and over.

Moderation is everything! Kids should not smoke to much!
You will get doom and gloom smoking weed in haunted houses or creepy woods!
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monomer View Post
Dude, with the stories you believe in that statement seems only too true...
For this BS to be anywhere near real you would have to state a lot of facts about how the experiments were conducted and how the conclusions were formed.
As it is it is nothing more than a fairytale as there is absolutely nothing scientifically veriviable about it...
At the very least there should be something about double blinded-ness of the test.

You've been so conditioned to not believe anything, unless it comes from an official source with references... the problem is, the official sources are generally full of **** and purposefully keep people in the dark about most things.

The medical system is the worst, in terms of bull**** in attempts to keep people dumb, sick and buying pills.

I mentioned in that post that I was paraphrasing the jiist of the experiments. I don't need to get into to details, when you can easily go find the book and read it yourself. Everyone's free to make up their own minds, but to call something bull**** when you haven't looked into it is pretty one sided.
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Guru

I think MikeyMike just likes starting big huge threads. Any thread with Marijuana in the title is destined to be a big huge thread.
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
That could just as well be attributed to the lack of dopamine that you then expecience due to the lack of being high...
Your brain is quick in adapting to dopamine levels so stopping the regular 'dopamine-boost' of weed will have the effect of your brain expecting some, but not getting it. Since it's now tweaked for this boost there will be a relative lack of dopamine and you feel depressed.
In any case, THC is not a neuro transmitter, so the likelyness of it clogging up neural receptors seems far fetched.
That's true, concerning dopamine production. I'm just reiterating what I've read in various places. No, it's not a neuro transmitter but the constant prescence of THC in the brain will numb and slow normal functions, which can leading to depression when it is used frequently.

In other words, the THC receptors become clogged up for too long, and lose their ability to effectively manage the THC in the brain. Couple that with the lower dopamine production and you've got your self a scenario for depression, because the brain's function is crippled and the high from the weed isn't really working anymore, either.

But on the short term, yeah I agree with you. I'm talking more about the "Captain Chronics" who smoke all day and every day. Some will be fine, others will develop depression.
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Day to day, the biggest risk with weed is that it will make one complacent and satisfied. So if being productive is your goal weed may not be the answer.

In the long run there are other risks but they pale in comparison to mainstream stuff like soft drinks, candy, KFC and McDonalds.

I don't partake but I still feel the original poster is being knee jerk and alarmist.

I am far more ticked off by cheap mic stands... now there is a scourge that should be eliminated.

Peace out
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
You've been so conditioned to not believe anything, unless it comes from an official source with references...
LOL

Nope.
I have conditioned myself to always ask about how experiments are being conducted.
This as a reaction to all the BS stories floating around (the internet being source #1 a.t.m.).

Quote:
the problem is, the official sources are generally full of **** and purposefully keep people in the dark about most things.
What are these official sources you keep talking about?
I have not reffered to them once.
I only speak for my own knowlege.

In fact, it was you claiming that actual scientists did the experiment, and i know that scientists have to have extraordinary evidence for such extraordinary claims.

So i ask you: Are you brave enough to actually check the facts which you put forward?
Do you even know how to conduct a test that will leave out fantasy and pinpoint reality?

Quote:
The medical system is the worst, in terms of bull**** in attempts to keep people dumb, sick and buying pills.
Nope, that's the pharma industry.
The medical system has been ever more successfull in healing people.
Life expectancy is still rising and has been for the last 150 years or so, when modern medicine started.

Quote:
I mentioned in that post that I was paraphrasing the jiist of the experiments. I don't need to get into to details, when you can easily go find the book and read it yourself. Everyone's free to make up their own minds, but to call something bull**** when you haven't looked into it is pretty one sided.
Yeah, well, science is not about making up your mind, it is about knowing the facts, which do not change from person to person.
Anywho, if you want to make your point you'd better come up with something more than paraphrasing a crakpot theory.
Even if you believed every single word in that book to be true, the first thing you should ask yourself is if they have come up with a correct assesment of their experiment.

I'm not saying these things cannot exist.
But sofar they all have been proven junk.
I mean, without exception.

And i don't mean that they didn't get the results that they wrote up, it's just something about the conclusion that makes it reek of crackpottery.

I mean, the point of experiments is that you can repeat them.
If what they say is true then that would have been an unstoppable force in the scientific community and people would be wandering around with bottles of water all the time, just to see the effect for themselfs.

So i ask you, what is the mechanism by which the negativeness of the people was first transfered to the water and then to the plants?
If you don't know the awnser then you seriously have to think about wether you realy undersood their work.
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
That's true, concerning dopamine production. I'm just reiterating what I've read in various places. No, it's not a neuro transmitter but the constant prescence of THC in the brain will numb and slow normal functions, which can leading to depression when it is used frequently.

In other words, the THC receptors become clogged up for too long, and lose their ability to effectively manage the THC in the brain. Couple that with the lower dopamine production and you've got your self a scenario for depression, because the brain's function is crippled and the high from the weed isn't really working anymore, either.

But on the short term, yeah I agree with you. I'm talking more about the "Captain Chronics" who smoke all day and every day. Some will be fine, others will develop depression.

Well, the problem with the 'cloggin up' theory is that THC inhbits certain neurotransmitters (stress hormones and other 'action' related hormones) when active in your brain.
If your cannabinoid receptors would be clogged up then you would have none of the effects that cannabinoids bring.
THC, but also cannabinoids produced naturally by your body would not bind and you will become hyped up and stressed, not depressed.
At least, that's how i understand it...
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nope, that's the pharma industry.
The medical system has been ever more successfull in healing people.
Life expectancy is still rising and has been for the last 150 years or so, when modern medicine started.
Considering most medical schools are funded by big pharma, they are one and the same.

Anyways, I'm not gonna debate anything as it's a waste of time. I've read a lot of interesting "alternative" literature and to explain/expand/defend any of it would require going into way too much detail, far beyond what that book talks about.

The only note I can add is we all create electro-magnetic fields and these fields affect everything and everyone around us. The person with the strongest "aura' will share this energy with the weaker beings around them. Plants may not be sentient, but if your auric field is strong, you can and will affect theirs.

Take someone who is extremely "present" and charsimatic. You can feel it the second they walk into the room, even if they don't say a word. That's what I'm talking about. Energy is constantly in motion and is always being traded.

This is not fantasy... science has known about auric fields for ages and has done much research on it.
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well, the problem with the 'cloggin up' theory is that THC inhbits certain neurotransmitters (stress hormones and other 'action' related hormones) when active in your brain.
If your cannabinoid receptors would be clogged up then you would have none of the effects that cannabinoids bring.
THC, but also cannabinoids produced naturally by your body would not bind and you will become hyped up and stressed, not depressed.
At least, that's how i understand it...
Prolonged stress will cause depression, so maybe in a round about way we're both right.
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Prolonged stress will cause depression, so maybe in a round about way we're both right.
But then the cause of the depression would be stress and not THC.
And i don't hear people saying that prolonged use of MJ causes stress...

There may be other ways in which smoking MJ induces depression, but clogged up THC receptors is fairytale stuff.

Do you have a link to the story about the clogged up cannabinoid receptors by any chance?
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

I am highly doubtful about the clogged up cannabinoid receptors my self.

I lean to the study that cannabinoids can be used to treat Alzheimer's.
And cannabinoids treat tumors in rats and have been proven to cause the hypothalamus to grow new cells in Alzheimer's patients.

Its just a war of words on the Internets now and a rapidly changing Americian mindset that weed is not that bad!
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
But then the cause of the depression would be stress and not THC.
And i don't hear people saying that prolonged use of MJ causes stress...

There may be other ways in which smoking MJ induces depression, but clogged up THC receptors is fairytale stuff.

Do you have a link to the story about the clogged up cannabinoid receptors by any chance?

I'll see if I can track it down. I don't remember where that particular tid bit came from, but I did read it some place. My apologies for sounding vague. I just read, catalog mentally and move on with little regard to keeping track of the different articles or books.

Let me dig for a bit.

Also, MJ is not my particular field of interest. I'm more about diet and excerise but came across some different factoids regarding marijuana use in body building and nutrition and it's effects on physical health.
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

I finally remember where I heard it. It was not read it was from an audio interview with Paul Chek who is an amazing individual who helps a lot of star athletes.

Here's a link to the episode.
Paul Chek No Holds Barred 6/23/2009 - Sean Croxton on Blog Talk Radio

I reccommend this radio blog to anyone looking for some good alternative info on health, fitness and nutrition.

If you want Paul's credentials, just google him. He's the guru. An all encompassing man who knows a heck of a lot.
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Prolonged use of MJ leads to moonwalking...not depression

never heard of Auric Fields...but Auric Goldfinger was a bad dude
Old 20th November 2009

In 50 years, we will have found cures for diseases from this plant. It is already proven to have the potential to kill cancer cells in:

brain cancer: Active Ingredient in Marijuana Kills Brain Cancer Cells - Forbes.com

colon cancer: Cannabis-Linked Cell Receptor Might Help Prevent Colon Cancer - washingtonpost.com

prostate cancer: Cannabis chemicals may help fight prostate cancer | Health | Reuters

leukemia: Cannabis destroys cancer cells | Laboratory News Archive

lung cancer: Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors

breast cancer: Cannabis Compound May Stop Metastatic Breast Cancer - washingtonpost.com

Just spend a few minutes with google... cannabinoids are showing promise in slowing or curing many diseases... If the stuff wasn’t illegal, it would be considered a medical super-miracle given all the problems it may be able to treat.

We will have a lot of explaining to do to our grand children, when they ask us why it was illegal for nearly 100 years.
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post

We will have a lot of explaining to do to our grand children, when they ask us why it was illegal for nearly 100 years.

Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedman View Post
Prolonged use of MJ leads to moonwalking...not depression
Hahaha, I wish I would have been high when I read this just now!
Old 21st November 2009
Quote:
I'm going to paraphrase a couple studies from that book I referenced. This in regards to energy transference.

A few scientists took some water and had a bunch of college students, who were considered "normal", carry it around for a while.

They took another jug of water and brought it to an institution and had some mental patients with severe psychosis carry it around for a while.

When they planted two plants and watered each of them with either the normal water or the mental water, they found that the plant with the normal water grew perfectly fine. The one that was watered with the mental patient water grew downwards and crooked.

Another case, they hooked a person up to one of those brainwave/energy meter machines. (whatever the hell you call them things) Somehow they also hooked a plant up to one, as well.

They had the subject sit in a chair and watch video clips of different things. The various clips included people being shot, blood, gore, horrific things like that and also it included cute and funny things that all invoked strong emotions.

What they discovered is that the plant's energy waves mirrored almost exactly what the persons waves did.

It's easy to live ignorantly, but there's a huge world out there that none of the mainstream medias and schools will teach us. Read a book and make up your mind own before you scoff at the idea without looking into it.
just to say that i work in academia and with a professor who has examined 48 PH.D students, my wife has a PH.D. my friend has a PH.D in immunology and is editor for Natureimmunology. and i can tell you categorically that this study has no scientific worth because a statistically insignificant sample was used. you would have to use 2000 plants for this study to actually give any meaningful data. also the fact that they were looking for energies, tells me that this experiment was bias and unscientific on all counts. believe what you want but to accuse others of ignorance is hypocritical of you. obviously nothing i've said here will change your views but those are the facts.
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
Well, hopefully by the time we have grandchildren, the following won't be around either:
  • Racism
  • Fear
  • Protection of Corporate Profits
  • Yellow Journalism
  • Ignorant, Incompetent, and/or Corrupt Legislators
  • Personal Career Advancement and Greed
Because according to this (in my opinion) fine article, the above human conditions are to blame.

Why is Marijuana Illegal? - Drug WarRant
Old 21st November 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:

Here is more from a sceptic's perspective concerning the book and its claims abouts perceptive plants:
plant perception (a.k.a. the Backster effect) - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com
Old 21st November 2009
Gear Head

I have spoken with doctors about my marijuana use and all of them said I would be fine (mentally) in the long term. The catch is: it is still smoke full of carcinogens that will damage your lungs severely over time. Just like smoking tobacco. So, the doctor told me, it is important to cool the smoke down to a temperature that is less stressful on the lungs and throat (another place where marijuana smoke knowingly damages).
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

IMO a lot more people should be dead right now for weed being illegal for 100 years. Humanity has taken this far too lightly.
Old 21st November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle S View Post
IMO a lot more people should be dead right now for weed being illegal for 100 years. Humanity has taken this far too lightly.
That´s a bit harsh... The problem is that most people don´t actually think for themselves and follow the propaganda blindly.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search