The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Marijuana Users Check This Out........ Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 18th November 2009
Gear Addict

Wow, she must have smoked some good ****.
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

The first time I took a gravity bong hit, I walked down the stairs at my friends house. I told one of em "my arms feel weightless," and immediately passed out on the floor. I woke up high as hell. In a good way.

I did have one similar experience to Katy though. I couldn't get anyone to smoke with me so I just puffed it all myself. Oops. Walked outside, passed out in the snow. Woke up face down on a pizza tray - evidently my friends had carried me to a pizza shop. Went out and in again, woke up at someone else's place watching a James Bond movie. Out and in - I'm in the car with my mother. Even as high as I was, I knew that no lie in the world would cover up just how high I was.

I stopped smoking weed when it became difficult for me to breathe after smoking. I think I was 17. Didn't smoke again until a friend of mine passed. But I consider that extenuating circumstances.
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

smoke daily, no problems here...
Old 18th November 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia_nb View Post
I'm with you on this one bro. Waaaaaaay too much fear mongering and complete lack of understanding of the human mind and science leads people to correlate these issues when there's no real connection. Of course there is no one size fits all for anything, so it's entirely possible a small number of individuals will have an adverse reaction or will have a medical condition triggered by THC use, but taking these exceptions to scare everyone into believing it's the norm is just misleading and dishonest.

Too much weed for too long makes you a sketchy mother-****er. If you start getting sketchy, stop smoking it for a few weeks / months and you'll be fine. If your off your nut in the first place, don't smoke weed. Seemples.
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettenmusic View Post
Wow, she must have smoked some good ****.
heh
Old 18th November 2009
Gear Maniac

This is B.S.

This guys is a TOOL for posting it.
I have smoked for many years as have friends of mine. I have had some weird freaky body type trips but thats it.
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecologie View Post
This is B.S.

This guys is a TOOL for posting it.
I have smoked for many years as have friends of mine. I have had some weird freaky body type trips but thats it.
Tools are instruments one uses to fix or create a product. Whatever meaning you and VH1 is trying to give the word, let it go, it's silly.
Old 18th November 2009
Gear Head

Mikeymike why are you stating that you just wanted to let people know about this new information about weed ooooohhhh like we didn't know. Anyone with half a brain understands the affects of weed, and what a whitey is.

People that have no ability to self reflect, analyse and grow from any situation should not smoke weed. If you placed ten people in front of me i could tell you which ones should not smoke by there personality.

Many different reasons equate to how weed affects the individual and all are not because of weed. The reason you smoke it, how you react to situations, how paranoid you are as an individual etc etc etc etc etc..........

I love how protective people are over alcohol because it's legal and having a drink every now and then is ok. Well yes it is but not having twelve drinks everyday or binging at weekends. Alcohol is clearly far more abusive but only if abused. Weed is fine if not abused and often with most is fine if you do abuse it, not recommended tho.

One thing Weed will do is make you more relaxed in all aspects of life, but again for some this is good, i'm rather hyperactive so when i smoke it levels me out somewhat. If your like a sloth already DON'T SMOKE WEED!!!!!
Old 18th November 2009
Here for the gear

Longtime lurker here. However, I couldn't miss this opportunity to spread the truth...

Alcohol causes 85,000 deaths per year in the US.

Tobacco causes 435,000 deaths per year in the US.

26,000 people are killed in motor vehicle crashes per year.

32,000 die from adverse reactions to prescription drugs.

29,000 die from firearms incidents.

However, in all of human history, not one single death can be directly linked to cannabis (marijuana). Not one single incidence of cancer can be attributed to cannabis use. You cannot physically overdose on cannabis. You might be able to get uncomfortably high, but you cannot die doing it.

Your brain has receptors that serve no other purpose than for the THC in cannabis to bind to.

Cannabis was outlawed through the misguided efforts of Harry J. Anslinger, who propagated racist nonsense that is shocking to read today, including these delightful tidbits:
“There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others.”

“…the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races.”

“Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death.”

“Reefer makes darkies think they’re as good as white men.”

“Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing”

“You smoke a joint and you’re likely to kill your brother.”

“Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind.”
Cannabis is a gift from God. It was outlawed for many reasons that have nothing to do with the plant itself. It is a healing and beautiful plant.

Alcohol is a toxin. That's why it eventually kills you.

It drives me nuts when people talk out their butts about things they know naught about. I loathe ignorance.

Have a great day.

Old 18th November 2009
Gear Addict

The first time I smoked I had a panic attack feeling. Thought I was going to black out, thought it was laced, etc. The next time I smoked, I just got high. People react differently, no need to over-embellish.
Old 18th November 2009
Gear Guru

Sounds more like the guy slipped them some acid.
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

I had a friend smoke pot and then walk around all naked during a house party throwing CDS around saying "Digital hurricane" over and over in the voice of Carl Spackler from caddy shack. That was some Very killer pot.
Old 18th November 2009
Gear Addict

Pretty regular user from when I was 15 up until 32. At 32 had a stressful day and lit a roach that was in the car. Had a severe panic attack. It came back in the morning when I thought about it. Every time I smoked after that I had an attack. Gave it up.

Call me crazy, loony, the attack would have happened anyway....whatever. I don't miss it. Do whatever makes you feel good but it's probably better I stay away.
Old 18th November 2009
Gear Nut

Sounds like you had some good weed!
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Addict

I usta get Panic and Anxiety attacks when it's dead quiet... Toooo much caffeine, and actually back when I usta drink (especially when I'd be hungover)... Freaked me out soo much that I when to a doctor... Long story short they prescribed stuff to me, and it made things waaaaaaaay worse.

So... I went to another Doctor, got a second opinion, and he explained to me... When your dying, the last thing you'll be thinking about is how fast your hearts beating or that you'll be found dead leaving your love ones to deal with any Gear debt you left behind... Next he told me to slow down on the houch (so I quit, I later learned that dehydration is a trigger for panic attacks, just like coffee)... lastly, I took up engineering (although I was already making music), I helps with the issue of quietness/boredom/productivity, and has helped me to listen to mixes at low volumes all the time (also trained me to subcousiously listen for bad things that stand out in mixes)....

Another thing I implemented, is that if I am consistantly worried about... let say 10 bad things... in reality, only 2-3 of those are things I need to focus one... Life becomes way more manageable.

Sounds like Katie was never warned to Control your High, don't let your High Control you. Schrooms... now thats a whole different ballgame... if your in a bad emotional state prior... your in for a bad night... and most likely a long quiet night on the toilet, with the occassional butt trumpet riff.

Anyway, Katie has a lot more problems, such as punctuation (not like I'm on to talk.... I'm just lazy).

Old 19th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontodrummer View Post
Longtime lurker here. However, I couldn't miss this opportunity to spread the truth...

Alcohol causes 85,000 deaths per year in the US.

Tobacco causes 435,000 deaths per year in the US.

26,000 people are killed in motor vehicle crashes per year.

32,000 die from adverse reactions to prescription drugs.

29,000 die from firearms incidents.

However, in all of human history, not one single death can be directly linked to cannabis (marijuana). Not one single incidence of cancer can be attributed to cannabis use. You cannot physically overdose on cannabis. You might be able to get uncomfortably high, but you cannot die doing it.

Your brain has receptors that serve no other purpose than for the THC in cannabis to bind to.

Cannabis was outlawed through the misguided efforts of Harry J. Anslinger, who propagated racist nonsense that is shocking to read today, including these delightful tidbits:
“There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others.”

“…the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races.”

“Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death.”

“Reefer makes darkies think they’re as good as white men.”

“Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing”

“You smoke a joint and you’re likely to kill your brother.”

“Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind.”
Cannabis is a gift from God. It was outlawed for many reasons that have nothing to do with the plant itself. It is a healing and beautiful plant.

Alcohol is a toxin. That's why it eventually kills you.

It drives me nuts when people talk out their butts about things they know naught about. I loathe ignorance.

Have a great day.

great. now that we've settled this let's all smoke.

smoke if you want to, don't smoke if you don't want to...but don't tell others how to live their lives.
the fact that pot is illegal in the US is nothing short of insane...and it's all based on governmental, propaganda BS!

for those who don't already know this, the US government/military conducted marijuana research decades ago. they gave pot to test subjects who were supposed to freak out and that would be proof that marijuana was an evil drug that should be banned.
the only problem was that the test subjects didn't freak out. in fact, they seemed to like smoking weed. there's your result. case closed, right?

wrong, since the gov. knew the result they wanted from this "research" and weren't getting it they decided to add LSD to the marijuana. you can predict what happened next, right? well, the test subjects smoked the LSD laced pot and some of them freaked out and the government/military got the desired result to their research and pot was labeled and 'evil drug' and banned.

of course the government report excluded the fact that LSD was used in conjunction with the pot.

that's it. it's all based on one, big fat lie.
laws were created based on this lie and they are still in effect today.

ok that's my rant for the night.
sorry, i have a new born and she just won't sleep. SHE JUST WON'T SLEEP!
she's so cool though.

alright, i'm done.

good night or good morning. i don't know which it is anymore.

and i'm out of weed.
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Maniac

it's all in the documentary Grass: The History of Marijuana

you may be right about LSD. they gave them something in addition to pot.
i scanned through the movie again really quick but couldn't find the part about test tampering.
anyway, you can watch the entire documentary here if you're interested:

http://www.videosift.com/video/Grass...na-Documentary

it's just crazy what a government can get away with.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

lacing weed?
Only goes to show that regulation is needed for powerful mind altering drugs.
Come to Humboldt and greater California and buy safe legal regulated weed from one of 9000 dispensaries.
Who remembers a few years ago when criminal Asian gangs in the UK had laced weed with glass crystals to make it look like THC formations?

I DONT EVEN SMOKE, I just know what is correct.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Weed has been used for thousands of years and has little to no adverse side effects.

It's very effective for pain management and people with circadian rythem problems. (people who travel a lot and are jet lagged more often than not)

The only real problem with frequent use is it causes depression, because the THC clogs up the receptors in the brain.

If I smoke it too frequently, after I stop i'll go through a few days of depression. Having a toke every now and then, though, does no harm what so ever.

God bless weed.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greener View Post
Legal drugs from a pharmacy are safer, tax gets payed and people are free to choose how they want to live. Freedom is always the best.
Strangely this is probably how it will get legalized here in CA. The budget crisis and drug laws make some strange bedfellows...
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Maniac

as i mentioned before, i've been a smoker for a very long time. the secret for me has always been to take brakes. i generally stop smoking for about 2 months out of the year. that way i can sort of rejuvenate. after a month of not smoking i really appreciate it again...and i get much higher than before the brake.

marco
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Addict

She had a whitey, and started pranging her nut off. She needs to work on her tolerance.

Get her on the buckets!
Attached Thumbnails
Marijuana Users Check This Out........-gravity-20bong-20-231-20-20-232.jpg  
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Talking

Where is Kat Williams when you need him??

"I had this White friend named Katy. Now ya'll know White people will do anythin once. Memba that weed they call Deaf..??"

BADABUMPP!!

Peace
Illumination
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
So you just eat it?

I agree though, I'm not a user but I firmly believe in decriminalisation. All it does is make asshole dealers rich and asshole corrupt cops/politicians rich.

Legal drugs from a pharmacy are safer, tax gets payed and people are free to choose how they want to live. Freedom is always the best.
Hmmm, I can't agree that legal drugs are actually safer, except that they are consistant in regards to potency. I had a terrible reaction to prozac - only took it for 17 days, but my reaction to it was extreme, and life changing.

It was prescribed as part of migraine management. For about 3 out 1000 people prozac goes horribly wrong, and for some, weed, 'shooms and acid goes horribly wrong too. I felt sorry for Katie. Brains do heal from drug trauma.

Unfortunatly the prozac incident (as I now refer to it) had left me extremly sensitive to weed and drink, and a bunch of other drugs including an anti nausea drug, migraine drugs, psydoethidrine and anti- histamines.

So I'm now living a very clean life. Its actually not bad at all.

G
Old 19th November 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilli C View Post
I had a terrible reaction to prozac - only took it for 17 days, but my reaction to it was extreme, and life changing.

It was prescribed as part of migraine management.
They prescribed you Prozac for migraine management?

I am a migraine sufferer. That is absolutely outragous!! Doctors are out of control.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

I had a high school buddy once whose mother sent him to a shrink when she found out he was smoking weed. He was put in therapy that included daily visits and a 17-pill cocktail that included lithium, turned the poor guy into a zombie.

Honestly, it made me reluctant to even take tylenol when I have a headache.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragan View Post
I had a high school buddy once whose mother sent him to a shrink when she found out he was smoking weed. He was put in therapy that included daily visits and a 17-pill cocktail that included lithium, turned the poor guy into a zombie.

Honestly, it made me reluctant to even take tylenol when I have a headache.

obviously she didn't want her son "on drugs"
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Guru

It's funny, the old "this is your brain on drugs" with the egg in the frying pan is pretty close to accurate with some of the legal meds.
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Actually SSRI's can be very good as an additive treatment for some sorts of migranes. They call them anti-depressants but that's not exactly what they do.

Anyway while I'm here weighing in on that point I might as well say that Aslinger was a jerk. 'Nuff said.
Old 20th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Imagine however if you had gotten your Prozac from some dirt bag down the street who had cut it with something to make his stash go further.
I never said drugs are good, I just said it's safer if it doesn't come from some hoodlum.
i used to live in a different area several years ago and i bought my weed from the county D.A.

I guess he could've been a hoodlum. he seemed like a nice enough guy though...and he had good weed.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search