The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
American "Music" Awards
Old 16th November 2009
Gear Nut

American "Music" Awards

Just saw a commercial for the upcoming show and about shot my TV. I understand some may have worked with or even like some of the acts but to me it is just a parade of pretenders who for the most part have as much musical integrity as a fart. I was disgusted at the CMA awards and the lack of true artists/musicians save maybe Brad Paisley(good chicken picker imo). I get that this is my opinion and opinions are like....well you know the rest. But really...having been involved in the past with a certain "academy" and my wife having worked as a regional director for said entity I learned that it is really more about ass kissing and politics than it is talent. When will we finally stop putting up with this crap and say enough already. Guess they have all been duped into something to feed their ego's and go along believing that selling TV commercials is more important than appreciating real talent. When I think about the current lot of musicians out there the vast majority winning awards are contrived images that don't write, can't play and have nothing important to say in my opinion...yet the ones who work their asses off and are talented and have a brain and an ounce of integrity are tossed aside for robots willing to fall in line. Whatever happened to the angry young man armed with something to say and an old guitar strapped across his back....that the "industry" embraced? It's all autotune and contrived image instead. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that we live in a disposable world in most peoples minds, maybe the shallow **** we feed them allows them to live in their ideal little fantasy world and cute warm fuzzy pop songs make them feel better, maybe we are headed down a path from which there is no return. God I hope not. End Rant.
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

Don't shoot the messenger
Old 16th November 2009
Gear Guru

OB, really great post. Thank you. thumbsup
Old 16th November 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrmusic View Post
Don't shoot the messenger
Huh? Don't tell me you are one of the Jonas Brothers....
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanblue View Post
Huh? Don't tell me you are one of the Jonas Brothers....
lol no

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanblue View Post
Just saw a commercial for the upcoming show and about shot my TV.
Old 16th November 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrmusic View Post
lol no
Oh ok got it. Nah, not going to pump rounds into my TV...I do love my Panny plasma and it would be tough to empty a clip into it. Though it seems as of late all I watch is Dicovery HD, Nat. Geo., Smithsonian and a few other HD channels...and some Blu-Ray movies. I started cussing the minute the commercial came on and my wife just laughed at me...she knows how I feel about said entities and their drivel.
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

I missed the show (don't own a TV).

Who won the award?

Harry Nilsson? Curtis Mayfield? Henry Mancini? Nelson Riddle?

Cheers
Old 16th November 2009
Gear Addict

I don't use my television to listen to music, so I assume when "musicians" are on award shows that they typically have no talent, but instead look nice and "consumery"
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear