The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
X-MAS is killing us!!!
Old 23rd November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTR View Post
I just want to give another THANK YOU to olivia_nb!!! thanks so much, you really are helping us out, I am so Excited..it's been a while since I have been excited about anything!!
heh heh. That is very cool to hear.
I had a packaging fail today, no bubble wrap in sight, I'll be getting that tonight, so it'll hit the post tomorrow, you'll have it in no time.
Old 24th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia_nb View Post
heh heh. That is very cool to hear.
I had a packaging fail today, no bubble wrap in sight, I'll be getting that tonight, so it'll hit the post tomorrow, you'll have it in no time.
So cool...thank you!!!!
Old 25th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Hi there Rtr.

Let me help you a little if you have a quest for knowledge on the issue.

December 25 is the Saturnalia festival celebrated by pagans in b.c times.

Jesus Christ was not born on this day.

The bible does not state to celebrate christmas.

Santa

Saturn

Someone else has a similar name to these two things. And he likes to give.... for a price.

I have not celebrated this godless ritual for ten years.

And I am proud to call myself a christian.

"Christmas was first made a Christian holiday by Emperor Constantine (4th century) as a Christian substitute or alternative celebration day. The Romans had a feast they celebrated called Saturnalia which lasted for seven days. During the feasting days people would exchange gifts. The feast concluded on December 25th with the celebration to Sol Invictus, which means “invincible sun god” and Mithra the ancient Persian god of light. At that time the winter solstice or shortest day of the year, was acknowledged on Deccember 25th. The Sol Invictus and Mithra were celebrated because every day after the winter solstice continues to get longer. Constantine, not wanting Christians to participate in paganism, invented Christmas to compete with a pagan holiday. Doesn’t sound very glorious, but true. And amazingly Christmas still includes the giving of gifts and feasting just like the pagans did in their worship of the Saturn and the sun.'

The trend continues today as money and good taste are sucked up the corporate vaccume to feed the coffers of bloodlines interested in more sinister motives.

It is used in direct correlation to the "financial year" concept ran by the Wall street cartels.

Half in, Half out.. but never free.
Old 26th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender888 View Post
Hi there Rtr.

Let me help you a little if you have a quest for knowledge on the issue.

December 25 is the Saturnalia festival celebrated by pagans in b.c times.

Jesus Christ was not born on this day.

The bible does not state to celebrate christmas.

Santa

Saturn

Someone else has a similar name to these two things. And he likes to give.... for a price.

I have not celebrated this godless ritual for ten years.

And I am proud to call myself a christian.

"Christmas was first made a Christian holiday by Emperor Constantine (4th century) as a Christian substitute or alternative celebration day. The Romans had a feast they celebrated called Saturnalia which lasted for seven days. During the feasting days people would exchange gifts. The feast concluded on December 25th with the celebration to Sol Invictus, which means “invincible sun god” and Mithra the ancient Persian god of light. At that time the winter solstice or shortest day of the year, was acknowledged on Deccember 25th. The Sol Invictus and Mithra were celebrated because every day after the winter solstice continues to get longer. Constantine, not wanting Christians to participate in paganism, invented Christmas to compete with a pagan holiday. Doesn’t sound very glorious, but true. And amazingly Christmas still includes the giving of gifts and feasting just like the pagans did in their worship of the Saturn and the sun.'

The trend continues today as money and good taste are sucked up the corporate vaccume to feed the coffers of bloodlines interested in more sinister motives.

It is used in direct correlation to the "financial year" concept ran by the Wall street cartels.

Half in, Half out.. but never free.
I am surprised that I actually know what your talking about, and agree..if theres anything in this world that has caused more destruction than the catholic church, I don't know of anything...I just celebrate it for my kids, there is no MEANING to it for us..I think the bible is an old rule book made up by insecure men,If you had never herd of the bible or GOD, I think kids would still be born knowing that murder is a bad thing...it's just an old fashion way of control, now it's MONEY..the catholic church is one of the most wealthy organization in the world..I think it's nonsense and I am a good person, I give to the bell ringers, toy's for tot's and everything else, but to some I am evil for not being brain washed..but it's not hard to believe, look at how many people still think our government is good and is looking out for us and, the media tells the truth, and obama is our savior....come one, he is a puppet with the real rulers of the world pulling his strings!!!

Have a HELL of a holiday season, I know I will..I plan on beating the piss out of some audio signals with the awesome gift from olivia_nb
Old 27th November 2009
Gear Maniac

your cool my friend!

Dont mean to preach.. nor upset the masses.
Just couldn't help jumping on that one! (I think thats the third thing i've ever wrote on the net since its conception)
Do love reading this forum though!

I will be celebrating my position to be able to type, stare at a puter screen ect, and sending my deepest compassion to anyone not in such a comfortable position.

But the search for the truth is a blessing in itself.

So good fortune to you and enjoy the holidays!!

Same to all here at GEARSLUTZ

In the words of Yoda " you must unlearn what you have learned"
Old 28th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender888 View Post
your cool my friend!

Dont mean to preach.. nor upset the masses.
Just couldn't help jumping on that one! (I think thats the third thing i've ever wrote on the net since its conception)
Do love reading this forum though!

I will be celebrating my position to be able to type, stare at a puter screen ect, and sending my deepest compassion to anyone not in such a comfortable position.

But the search for the truth is a blessing in itself.

So good fortune to you and enjoy the holidays!!

Same to all here at GEARSLUTZ

In the words of Yoda " you must unlearn what you have learned"
Hope you have a good season also..and YES,People need to get all the crap out of their minds that has been beatin into it since birth..Prisonplanet.com is my other home!!
Old 29th November 2009
Lives for gear

THANK YOU olivia_nb..I got the Rnc last night and the STRINGS, so very nice of you..I cant wait to try this thing out!!! Thanks again...very cool!!!
Old 18th December 2009
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTR View Post
X-mas this year is really killing my wife and I, Just paid $80.00 for a damn Barbie Glamor Camper..thats just 1 gift for 1 child out of 4 that gets like 10 gifts a piece...I may be selling my new sm7 and GAP-73 after all!!!! But there is nothing better than seeing them open up the gift and throw it aside without looking at it just to get to the next one..gotta love it man!!!
This is hilarious... Y'know I want to be a parent eventually and all... but compromising audio gear? .... hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ah what the heck, you remember how happy you were when you got a sweet present from your parents for xmas, right??
Old 20th December 2009
Riv
Gear Maniac

I despise the whole Christmas holiday and have ever since I was 20 or 21 years old.

However, there's one tradition that we have in my family that makes it possible to get through, and I'll share it with everyone not to brag, but rather with the hopes of encouraging other people to look into it.

My mother was a grade school teacher, and every year her class would go in together to "adopt" a family for Christmas. Several years ago we started doing this, first with one side of my family and then with the other. Now it's expanded to also include my immediate family, as well as one of the organizations that I'm affiliated with.

In a nutshell, it's important to remember that there are a lot of people out there who are, particularly this year, unable to afford to provide any kind of Christmas for their kids. While I agree that the consumerism is horrible, I personally can't think of a rougher time of year for people that are having a hard time making ends meet than the Christmas season. Justified or not, being unable to provide for your kids has got to be the worst feeling in the world.

I think that in our area they recommend that you spend something like $60 per child - hardly a lot of money to help someone out. In reality we generally end up spending quite a bit more on each child and also usually end up with something for the parent, as well as usually including a gift card for a local grocery store.

It's amazing how little it costs out of pocket to turn the worst part of the year for someone completely around. My family doesn't really exchange gifts amongst ourselves much anymore, as we all have agreed that it's much more important to help out someone else who needs it.

I would totally encourage anyone to look into this kind of program into your community. The organization that we contacted goes through the process of verifying that the people who are requesting help are actually in a position that they need it. It's a great organization that is staffed by a group of unpaid volunteers that work all year long. It takes a little cash out of your pocket and a day of braving the madness at the local shopping mall to make a difference for someone who really needs it.

BTW, this year my nephew and niece spent their time shopping for items for the kids. I can't think of a better lesson for them to come away from the holiday with.

A disclaimer - I'm not a religious person, I don't believe in the "meaning of Christmas," and I don't even particularly like children. It still means a lot to me to know that this year we've made a pretty serious difference for four different families at a really hard time of year.

Sorry for the rambling post - I just hope that someone looks into this idea and thinks it's a worthwhile cause.

-Riv
Old 20th December 2009
Lives for gear

I spent easily £75 this year on presents - and as a sixth form student on £3.75 an hour only since September is killed me haha. I just can't wait to see the look on my sisters face when she gets the Barbie she's wanted for months XD It makes it all worthwhile.
Old 20th December 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Try Christmas for 6 kids (and we have #7 on the way).

how many do they really need?

War
how many do you really need?

heh
Old 20th December 2009
Lives for gear

The only gifts I am giving this year are to my nephew and step-nephew (is that a word?). I also sent soccer ball to the child in Africa I sponser and paid for vacinations for 5 kids in his village. Christmas gifts are for kids. My family is just happy to all be together and have a good meal.

And then I have to give a $7000 gift to the IRS to give bailouts to billionaires...GRRRRR!

I hope you all have a nice holiday.
Old 20th December 2009
Lives for gear

I have 6 cars and I just cant pay for them all. Maybe I shouldnt have 6 cars. Maybe I should have 1 or 2.
Old 21st December 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin James View Post
I have 6 cars and I just cant pay for them all. Maybe I shouldnt have 6 cars. Maybe I should have 1 or 2.
clever analogy, but can your cars open beers and mow lawns?
Old 21st December 2009
Lives for gear

I don't get it.

I love giving presents to my kid and seeing her eyes light up and all smiles! I remember when I was a kid, we hardly got anything and I swore when I grew up and had kids that I'd never subject them to the same treatment I had.

I would absolutely sell EVERYTHING in my studio if I had to.. to make my wife and kid happy.

Fxck equipment, I can always replace it next year or whenever. But kids only grow up once and their memories last them to the day they die -- I want to fill those memories with fun, toys, and laughter.
Old 21st December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MPCist View Post
I don't get it.

I love giving presents to my kid and seeing her eyes light up and all smiles! I remember when I was a kid, we hardly got anything and I swore when I grew up and had kids that I'd never subject them to the same treatment I had.

I would absolutely sell EVERYTHING in my studio if I had to.. to make my wife and kid happy.

Fxck equipment, I can always replace it next year or whenever. But kids only grow up once and their memories last them to the day they die -- I want to fill those memories with fun, toys, and laughter.
+1000..we are finally DONE wrapping, and what a surprised it was when me and my wife started to count the kid's presents....15 each..times that by 7, and most of the sh*t cost at least $20.00 and up some are $50.00..ya, I could have some nice gear..see, we start shopping in sept. so it don't hit us all at once!!

I can tell you that I am more excited than the kids are...me and my wife actualy wake the kids up x-mas morning....are not they supposed to wake you up ? haha..we are realy excited!!!

AND NO..I would not rather have gear..I would rather see my kids freak out when they open their presents......Happy holiday my fellow GS!!!
Old 23rd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia_nb View Post
clever analogy, but can your cars open beers and mow lawns?
It can move large quanties of beer and I can mod it to mow.heh
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear