The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
slayers "world painted blood" production
Old 13th November 2009
Lives for gear

slayers "world painted blood" production

the cat who did this record should have his mics and rig siezed and he should get out of of producing metal.

the gtr and drum tones on this album really suck.

why couldnt they have gone to sneap for this?
Old 13th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman72 View Post
the cat who did this record should have his mics and rig siezed and he should get out of of producing metal.

the gtr and drum tones on this album really suck.

why couldnt they have gone to sneap for this?
because all the drums would be sample replaced, the guitars would only sound good on ipods and the overall sound would be compressed as hell..

have not listend to it.
will do.
Old 13th November 2009
I haven't heard the record all the way through, nor have I listened in great detail, but it didn't strike me as a disappointment.

Drums (other than the kick) sound like a throwback/nod to Slayer's hey-day. The guitars do leave a bit to be desired, but sound natural and real, just like a Slayer record oughta. Overall, it sounds like musicians playing together; a (refreshing) far cry from a lot of the newer, super-slick metal records that have been popping up the past five or ten years.

Anyway, Slayer's never been a band I've associated with high fidelity. I kinda dig the record sonically and musically for its "classic Slayer" vibe.
Old 14th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrotto View Post
I haven't heard the record all the way through, nor have I listened in great detail, but it didn't strike me as a disappointment.

Drums (other than the kick) sound like a throwback/nod to Slayer's hey-day. The guitars do leave a bit to be desired, but sound natural and real, just like a Slayer record oughta. Overall, it sounds like musicians playing together; a (refreshing) far cry from a lot of the newer, super-slick metal records that have been popping up the past five or ten years.

Anyway, Slayer's never been a band I've associated with high fidelity. I kinda dig the record sonically and musically for its "classic Slayer" vibe.
Amen. They recycle their old songs, so why not the production! Haha!
Anyway, I'm off to see them at the end of the month. Slayer rule.

Jim
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear