The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Taylor Swift...Entertainer of the year?
Old 13th November 2009
Lives for gear

Taylor Swift...Entertainer of the year?

First it was that SNL performance which another slut has already moaned about... I feel his pain and yes I'm waiting for 2012 to put me out of my misery,The cherry on the sunday is Taylor Swift cleaning up at the recent awards show and reading in headline AP news that she won "Entertainer of the year".I feel sick to my stomach after stumbling across that headline after the SNL show.She could not carry a tune if it had a handle on it.Jim Jones was right!!!He knew they were coming and we must all commit revolutionary suicide and drink his cool-aid if we know whats good or us.Death is preferable to Taylor Swift.No more pain!!!!
Old 13th November 2009
Lives for gear

Maybe you are right, but death???? I mean and even if that tune had a handle on it, what if it were really heavy?????? heh
Old 13th November 2009
I guess, to be fair, she isn't getting the 'Person Who Can Carry a Tune' of the year award, right? She's getting an entertainer of the year award, which isn't really the same sort of thing. You can be a good entertainer and not be a terribly good musician I guess.
Old 13th November 2009
Gear Maniac

She's hot, give her a break:P
Old 13th November 2009
Lives for gear

The won "Entertainer of the Year" at a very specific awards show (the Country Music Association)...I'm not even up enough on the current country music scene to know who "should" have won (and, therefore, am not too concerned about Taylor Swift winning)...who should it have been?
Old 13th November 2009
Lives for gear

OK...Sorry..Iv'e gone postal I admit...I forget that music has very little to do with show biz.She does make for great ratings!
Old 13th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duardo View Post
The won "Entertainer of the Year" at a very specific awards show (the Country Music Association)...I'm not even up enough on the current country music scene to know who "should" have won (and, therefore, am not too concerned about Taylor Swift winning)...who should it have been?
Autotune of course!
Old 13th November 2009
Lives for gear

I'm finding her more entertaining by the minute

Bizarrely, I just typed "Tay" in Google and she popped up first. I reckon Taylor geetars are gonna be far more musical but probably not as hot.
Old 13th November 2009
Lives for gear

I never even heard 1 song of this girl....
Award doesnt matter anyways i suppose.
Old 13th November 2009
im more entertained by lady gaga and britney spears than by taylor swift
Old 13th November 2009
Lives for gear
She not a ***** and she's not 100% manufactured like the Disney bullshit. If safe to give her CD to your daughter.
Old 14th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Continuing on from my other post, seriously, her music is one example of everything that is wrong with modern so called country music.
Bring back the virtuoso guitarist gunslingers to the forefront of country, it sucks having to dig deep to find those guys because Swift and co hog the spotlight.
Although I can excuse her for hogging the spotlight for a little while cos she's hot haha
Old 14th November 2009
Gear Addict

she's come a long way. i give her credit. she's made where we havent (whether we have tried or not)
she's found her nitch in the industry, doing well so i'm not gonna put her down

and shes absolutely beautiful :D
Old 14th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hughes View Post
Continuing on from my other post, seriously, her music is one example of everything that is wrong with modern so called country music.
Bring back the virtuoso guitarist gunslingers to the forefront of country, it sucks having to dig deep to find those guys because Swift and co hog the spotlight.
Although I can excuse her for hogging the spotlight for a little while cos she's hot haha
You cannot blame Taylor Swifts music for everything that is worng with "modern so called country music".

Her music has the same effect on the population as did all those virtuoso guitaritst gunslingers of the past buddy. Its all about the songs, and hers are strong enough to get her awards and lots of Money!!!!

Lets not forget all the hard work she and her people (engineers, producers, artists, promotion, maeting ect) all contribute to her success in crafting those songs, the same help gunslingers got in the past to be at the top, and hey they will have there tme again, circle of life and all that.

Taylor has been writting songs since she was ten years old, she is no X factory product.

If that was your daughter how would you feel?
Old 14th November 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackback Drop View Post
You cannot blame Taylor Swifts music for everything that is worng with "modern so called country music".

Her music has the same effect on the population as did all those virtuoso guitaritst gunslingers of the past buddy. Its all about the songs, and hers are strong enough to get her awards and lots of Money!!!!

Lets not forget all the hard work she and her people (engineers, producers, artists, promotion, maeting ect) all contribute to her success in crafting those songs, the same help gunslingers got in the past to be at the top, and hey they will have there tme again, circle of life and all that.

Taylor has been writting songs since she was ten years old, she is no X factory product.

If that was your daughter how would you feel?
thank you
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear