The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tony Maserati on Power? Really, Tony?
Old 3rd November 2009
  #1
Gear Addict
 
devinkerr's Avatar
 

Tony Maserati on Power? Really, Tony?

While I have a lot of respect for Tony's work and have enjoyed hearing him talk in the past, I was pretty surprised to see this shameless Monster Power endorsement:



YouTube - Tony Maserati on Power

Making claims about hearing noticeable differences in clarity from his monitors? Really?

I have a Monster 2500, and yeah, it's a nice power strip/surge protector, but it wasn't something that made any sort of sonic difference for me.

Does this seem ridiculous to anyone else?
Old 3rd November 2009
  #2
if the money is there, wouldn't you?
Old 3rd November 2009
  #3
Gear Addict
 
devinkerr's Avatar
 

I mean, the money is everywhere. Are people really just endorsements for hire? I wonder what that says about his Waves plugs...

If I wanted to make as much money as I could, music certainly would not be my full-time job—but it is.
Old 3rd November 2009
  #4
Lives for gear
 

there is some truth to what he says. When your gear gets proper balanced, filtered electrical current it WILL sound better.... you'll hear it in your reverb boxes quite easily.

give your gear a smooth stream of clean power..... you won't regret it.
Old 3rd November 2009
  #5
Wow.

Quote:
"It was a dramatic improvement in my monitoring environment With Monster Power, you'll hear the same thing I heard in the studio. The same clarity, dynamics -- everything I intended the record to sound like."

I'd say that's one miraculous product.
Old 3rd November 2009
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Sigma's Avatar
he was given the opportunity to endorse and make money..like a sports figure

tony is a good eng and in person a pretty humble guy..i can't say i agree with his decision but i understand it
Old 3rd November 2009
  #7
Lives for gear
 
Sigma's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by passenger View Post
there is some truth to what he says. When your gear gets proper balanced, filtered electrical current it WILL sound better.... you'll hear it in your reverb boxes quite easily.

give your gear a smooth stream of clean power..... you won't regret it.
the best sigma tracks/mixes were in a room with a side window and a giant in window air conditioner, 604e's [later 813's..neither awesome speakers in any sense] an electrodyne with a 2 band eq and a few la4's and a scully 8 track and later mci 16 track..plus a real chamber and 2 plates..there was a red light on the soda vending machine when recording because its operation put click on tape

a 2 mil ssl 9000 room, 2 24 tracks, a 32 track dig, 2 atr 102's 1 480. 2 224's 2 plates and tons of aux gear meant **** and didn't really make a much better sound

and even so

THE SONG IS KING..louie louie SUCKED air vent mung engineering wise but wa still a hit

people hook on to minutia and miss the forest
Old 3rd November 2009
  #8
Lives for gear
 
Barish's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by passenger View Post
there is some truth to what he says. When your gear gets proper balanced, filtered electrical current it WILL sound better.... you'll hear it in your reverb boxes quite easily.

give your gear a smooth stream of clean power..... you won't regret it.
Yes but that's not through just an IEC cable, is it? We've caned this subject to death here before.

B.
Old 3rd November 2009
  #9
Lives for gear
 
Silvertone's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
the best sigma tracks/mixes were in a room with a side window and a giant in window air conditioner, 604e's [later 813's..neither awesome speakers in any sense] an electrodyne with a 2 band eq and a few la4's and a scully 8 track and later mci 16 track..plus a real chamber and 2 plates..there was a red light on the soda vending machine when recording because its operation put click on tape

a 2 mil ssl 9000 room, 2 24 tracks, a 32 track dig, 2 atr 102's 1 480. 2 224's 2 plates and tons of aux gear meant **** and didn't really make a much better sound

and even so

THE SONG IS KING..louie louie SUCKED air vent mung engineering wise but wa still a hit

people hook on to minutia and miss the forest
There is a lot of "TRUTH" in there Mike! Question is, does anybody really pay attention anymore?
Old 3rd November 2009
  #10
i have monster pro 3500 and it smokes autotune and melodyne!
Old 3rd November 2009
  #11
Lives for gear
 
jeremy.c.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginaryday View Post
i have monster pro 3500 and it smokes autotune and melodyne!
dang, I bought a monster 3500 and sold my Lynx Aurora converters AND my monitors. Everything is whisper quiet now.






... ...
Old 3rd November 2009
  #12
JDM
Gear Maniac
 
JDM's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 View Post
Wow.




I'd say that's one miraculous product.

I am buying this so I can engineer like Tony. :D
Old 3rd November 2009
  #13
Gear Addict
 
lildrummerboy70's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia_nb View Post
dang, I bought a monster 3500 and sold my Lynx Aurora converters AND my monitors. Everything is whisper quiet now.
That is hilarious. Seriously. Best laugh of the day for me. I had this picture in my head of you (though I don't know what you look like) sitting in your room with nothing but your monster power unit and enjoying the "whisper" silence
Old 3rd November 2009
  #14
Lives for gear
 
jeremy.c.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildrummerboy70 View Post
That is hilarious. Seriously. Best laugh of the day for me. I had this picture in my head of you (though I don't know what you look like) sitting in your room with nothing but your monster power unit and enjoying the "whisper" silence
heh, my music has never sounded so good, I think I will be passing this on to most musicians that I know... It'll do everyone some good. heh
Old 3rd November 2009
  #15
Tony was a great Q & A contributer here..

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/q-session-tony-maserati/

And is a reader of the forum. I think a point has been made here, ho ho! (whatever)..but lets park it here.

Thanks..
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump