The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Kanye West untalented big mouth.
Old 14th September 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Kanye West untalented big mouth.

Cant believe what I saw at the VMA's, this guy is the most horribly untalented, big mouthed idiot ever. Check out the youtube vid of him trying to sing live, big mistake on his part. And belittling Taylor Swift on stage was unforgivable, she is a true artist/musician who has worked very hard and deserved everything she won.
He, on the other hand, does not deserve to be in the building, let alone on the stage.
Idiot.
Old 14th September 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgod1968 View Post
Cant believe what I saw at the VMA's, this guy is the most horribly untalented, big mouthed idiot ever. Check out the youtube vid of him trying to sing live, big mistake on his part. And belittling Taylor Swift on stage was unforgivable, she is a true artist/musician who has worked very hard and deserved everything she won.
He, on the other hand, does not deserve to be in the building, let alone on the stage.
Idiot.
+10
rsp
Old 14th September 2009 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
what did he say about Taylor Swift? Not my bag - but belittling anyone is a no no,
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Normally I don't really care too much about these things...and even now, I'm sure she's fine...but more than anything I felt bad for Taylor. I really could care less who won the award, and if Kanye had wanted to complain about Beyonce not winning at some point as well (whether on his own blog, or even if he won an award that night) that comes with the territory as well, but to take the microphone away from a relatively young girl who was obviously surprised and happy to be receiving an award was really, really tasteless. It was very classy of Beyonce to give Taylor her proverbial moment back after winning her own award (which was also the biggest award of the evening). It was nice to see that the audience was not happy with Kanye's behavior either. It was obviously very uncomfortable for Taylor but she seemed to handle herself well.

Of course now I'm going to tune into the new Leno show to see what he has to say for himself...
Old 14th September 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgod1968 View Post
Idiot.
I know, complete epitome with what is wrong with famous performers....

He sings like **** and puts some auto tune on it and thinks he has some right to blast his opinion everywhere in front of everyone else? Why did Tupac have to get shot? Can't this guy get instead?

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Talbot View Post
Assuming this guy called "Kanye" is signed to a major recording company, where has the media and publicity coaching staff been?

There are major labels whose media coaches would have practically threatened his life after the bull**** he pulled at the Grammys.

Unless, perhaps, they're encouraging this crap.
he's a doofus for sure, but he's also one of the most powerful people in music - so i dont think any label or media department is gonna mouth off at one of their biggest selling acts! They'd get fired fer a start! Heck the guys worth nearly $200million.

.... and I hear you can get a jackass for $5 so.....
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
South Park

I thought he was a gay fish?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The MOST talked about musician at the Awards...I think he got what he wanted out of it....EXPOSURE.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
I saw it on Headline News, what a idiot. Glad they exited him out.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikers Beard View Post
I thought he was a gay fish?
That South Park was so good.
The biggest bitch slap to Kanye.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I do like most of Kanye's albums but he seems intent on making it hard to be a fan. Even assuming that the award was somehow unjustified (and who really cares about video awards anyway) how would that justify stomping all over a nice teenager's humble acceptance speech. Way to crush Taylor Swift's moment in the spotlight jacka$$.

To their credit, I thought both Taylor Swift and Beyonce handled the situation very gracefully, especially when Beyonce asked Taylor Swift to join her on stage.

Oh, and yes Kanye is a big gay fish!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
VMA awards...

Britney kisses Madonna.
Bruno pranks Eminem.
Kanye makes a scene.

I really hope everyone on here understands these fabricated stunts are used to make people talk the next day.

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greener View Post
Without prejudice.

This was a stunt.

Swift is signed to Big Machine which is distributed by Universal.
West is signed to Jay-Z's label Roc-A-Fella Records and Def Jam Records, Jay-Z is married to Beyonce and was a past CEO of Def Jam. Roc-A-Fella is a subsidiary of Universal and so is Def Jam.
One big happy family.

Swift gets positive publicity and "aww poor her" factor. West get's negative publicity which is still good... Gay Fish still sell records. Beyonce gets positive publicity...
It's a stunt, it will make money for those involved but it cheapens the awards something chronic.

At the end of the day I don't care. For one, **** videos. For some more, "Single Ladies" is one of the most annoying tracks ever, repetative screeching is not how you win friends and influence people and West's singing is hilarious to say the least. :P
you do know that all subsids dont work like that!!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Without prejudice. This was a stunt.
Make the call and find out. I think you will find that regardless if this was a stunt or not it is really bad press for Kanye (I hate white people) West. Any PR person would have known this. Some people you do not screw with OR disrespect and Taylor is right up there at the top. It would be like punching a midget or tipping a handicapped kid out of his wheelchair.

KW is an attention getting little tard and there is a chance he feels he is beyond everyone else at the show. There are FAR more people in this world that are F A R more wealthy and they understand how to behave in public. Remember, arrogance is a character flaw not a character trait. I actually went through my itunes right after that crap and deleted everything I had ever bought of his. How many people do you think did that last night? Yes.....great publicity move on his part.

Remember: Kanye West Hates White People. The t-shirts have already been ordered.....LOL

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Name some.
All the ones I work with. Everything under the old SINE system. Most at Universal, including labels like Custard - these are all separate companies with budget responsibilities to the owner label. Universal doesn't automatically put out records from the subsids - they also cant stop the subsids from working there own way. It just doesn't work like that - they aren't owned brands apart from a very few cases.

They get the budgets per year, they promise performances - if they deliver great. If they don't - subsids get dropped. In fact to a subsid the major is an investor and a distributor. That's it.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I've been saying for months (or is it years?) that he's a talentless twat, most of these hip hop/RnB d1cks are. How do they get to be famous? No quality control anywhere to be seen. "Can you sing a note?" No. "Can you play an instrument?" No. "Does your poetry have any merit?" No. "Still here?"

🎧 10 years
Quote:
They are still owned by the parent corp. That is the point. There lies the connection.
Your experience may be positive, and I don't doubt that in many ways you are correct... But the reality is they are owned by the parent corp. They are connected by direct lines which involve money. They have hands in each others pockets, snouts in each others troughs.
Oh I understand what you're saying. But I run one such subsid and I can assure you - what I say goes !!! And I, and others like me, dont do deals with sibling subsids for a very simple reason... you're rivals! I'm not saying it doesn't happen - but the conflicts of interest are often so great that it's not worth pursuing. We had this exact scenario trying to convince our parent label {SINE} to invest in video games nine years ago. We wanted access to our siblings back catalogue for licensing. SINE/Sony said okay - but none of the subsids would get on board. And that was that!

I think it's exactly what it appears to be - an over zealous and jealous West taking advantage of an opportunity to voice his opinion. The guys too stupid to think any deeper.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
I never watch award shows, what a waste of time, our country is in enough trouble to be watching a side show circus like the awards show, at one time many years ago they were great or lets say OK, now they are no great artist and its all went to the dogs.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutTone View Post
I never watch award shows, what a waste of time, our country is in enough trouble to be watching a side show circus like the awards show, at one time many years ago they were great or lets say OK, now they are no great artist and its all went to the dogs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal Device View Post
VMA awards...

Britney kisses Madonna.
Bruno pranks Eminem.
Kanye makes a scene.

I really hope everyone on here understands these fabricated stunts are used to make people talk the next day.

People love drama and they feed off of it very very easily. Anyone with common sense would see it for what it is and ask themselves:

"How does one FEMALE artist win "BEST FEMALE VIDEO" and a totally separate FEMALE artist win "BEST VIDEO OF THE YEAR" ??

on top of that....neither one was nominated in BOTH categories.

heh

🎧 10 years
well - i've sat on the BAFTA panel a few times.... awards are a prissy thing. They're very much a "put forward for" part of the industry rather than a panel sits down and reviews what happened in the year. Your company pays money to submit in various categories. I've seen acts and films put in the WRONG categories - then stand no chance of being shortlisted...... So the above scenario is quite within what happens in awards.

They're all bogus though - every one of them. From BAFTA to Grammy to GANG awards {a video game award}. All self serving to sell airtime and bums on seats for the awards organisation. THAT's the winner in these events - not the labels, not the artist.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lute View Post
i've been saying for months (or is it years?) that he's a talentless twat, most of these hip hop/rnb d1cks are. How do they get to be famous? No quality control anywhere to be seen. "can you sing a note?" no. "can you play an instrument?" no. "does your poetry have any merit?" no. "still here?"
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Big huge ditto.........
Old 14th September 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Kanye is going on tour with Lady Gaga.

The "She's Got One - I Am One 2009" tour.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I would be surprised if this actually was a stunt. Take a look at the red carpet pictures of Kanye with his alien looking girlfriend. He has a half empty bottle of whisky in his hand. I'm more inclined to think Kanye was off his face and it was real. Either way, why do artists get given the best video awards? It's not like they had a hand in making it.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Anyone else think he's straight up racist?
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent-sam View Post
Anyone else think he's straight up racist?
I've never thought he was racist and never really understood why he's been labeled that.... Also, I'm not a big Kanye fan but have heard lots of his material and never heard racist banter being spewed.... Maybe these thoughts stem from the George Bush / Katrina thing...

Anywho, I think it was a very tasteless act on Kanye's part but after seeing numerous similar outburst buy him I really can't say I was surprised....
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
kanye is who is he only because of people saying **** like "but hes the biggest guy in hiphop now."

He sucks. Through and through, and if i was taylor swift hes be in a puddle of tears cause i would have 1) knocked the **** out of him with the mic, 2) called him out for the worthless scumbag he is.

Hes a dumbass. And no, im not uploading my rap tracks to show that im better, i dont feel like installing autotune and making myself sound as homo as possible.

If i saw Kanya walking down the street i would throw rotten food at his ass.

At least Axl Rose has enough talent to back up his asshole personality. Kanye is like the kid in highschool that brags about the car his mom just bought him, the day before he totals it out and dies.
Old 15th September 2009 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle S View Post
If i saw Kanya walking down the street i would throw rotten food at his ass.
i just visualised that. Literally
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear