The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
forum tech issue?
Old 3rd May 2003
There is only one

forum tech issue?

does anyone else here have a problem with the forum when you either quote a message or edit a message highlighting the text in the box? for some reason, i cant do this anymore... it plain wont let me edit anything unless i scroll around with the arrow keys and use the backspace/delete keys. how freaky.
Old 3rd May 2003
Moderator emeritus

Re: forum tech issue?

Quote:
Originally posted by alphajerk
does anyone else here have a problem with the forum when you either quote a message or edit a message highlighting the text in the box? for some reason, i cant do this anymore... it plain wont let me edit anything unless i scroll around with the arrow keys and use the backspace/delete keys. how freaky.
It's been an issue since Jules went into the mechandising business (that is to say for a couple of days), but it seems to be fixed this morning.
Old 3rd May 2003
There is only one

Re: Re: forum tech issue?

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Martin
It's been an issue since Jules went into the mechandising business (that is to say for a couple of days), but it seems to be fixed this morning.
worked for me selecting this text to snip it but wasnt when i posted the message. strange things are afoot.
Old 3rd May 2003
Hi guys, ......

Whenever Meg the GS Webmistress gets in to perform corrective surgery on GS she does it ON line. This is rather like removing a bullet with no anaesthetic, we all kinda have to bite on our belts for the duration.

I am pretty sure that while she is actually inside the deep level pages to tweak the site (more complex than the admin pages I can operate) there are nerve endings that get "stepped on" during repairs.....

In my experience there are 3 types of GS weirdness' that can occur here on GS

1 - An actual problem

2 - Odd forum behavior site that only lasts while Meg is under the bonnet fixing stuff

3 - individual user problem voodoo

So just like when you are fixing something in the studio, other weirdness can occur on the road to recovery.

Meg is behind schedule on her 2nd album so she has to fit in repair work for me in and around that.

Old 3rd May 2003
There is only one

just be sure to be backing up forum data before making at tweaks/fixes/etc or this place could end up like unicornation and have a permanent amnesiatic episode.
Old 3rd May 2003
During last months server caused aggrivation I was getting daily back ups via email (about a 9 meg file)

Since the start of Gearslutz Meg set me up to get weekly back ups..

Old 3rd May 2003
Super Moderator

The problem seems to be fixed on two out three of my computers.
Just one computer has a curser movement problem.

All the best to you and Meg. Keep us posted on any developments.
Old 4th May 2003
Talking

perhaps toss the casche and 'refresh' the browser on the problamatic machine..... No curser issue here on my GPRS connected PDA!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search