The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Use THIS to dissent!
Old 7th July 2009
  #1
Lives for gear
 
WunderBro Flo's Avatar
Smile Use THIS to dissent!

After countless years of thread experiences on GS I think there is something missing, something which will speed up the conversations and save all our precious time, so here it is, the COPY&PASTE thread for effective&easy dissenting.
Here is how it works:
Whenever you are at a point in any discussion where the "opposing side" has posted some facts or things that make logical sense, but actually works against your own believes or statements you had previously made, and you are cornered in and do not know how to get out (because errrr....the "others" are right and you just found out you are wrong) just take one of those lines here and copy&paste it into your answer. As those answers turn up again and again at that stage of threads, why not make life easier for those who do not have any logical points to make anymore.

Let´s update the list with more and more, all suggestions welcome, I will put the good ones in the list
Let me start with some of my favourites:

1 - "You are wrong. Judging something over the internet is plain ridiculous."

2 - "That does not make sense. Have you been there while the recording was made? No? So how you think you can make ANY valid judgement?"

3 - "Sorry but if you are unable to hear it just shows your lack of hearing skills. When I did it here the differences were HUGE!"

4 - "So you think that XYZ (enter famous producer/engineer name) was wrong all the years? I am sure he would be glad to learn from you!"

5 - "It´s plain foolish to think something that costing this little can sound as good as something four times the price. You ALWAYS get what you pay for."

6 - "You are comparing apples to oranges. This entire thread is a joke!"

7 - "This is all stupid. If you were a professional with any skills you would not spend your time posting in forums."

8 - "This is so wrong I will not even comment on it!"

9 - "This is just a test! It´s totally different in the real world!"

10 - "Well just because you have an opinion it does not mean the others must not. What are you, some kind of opinion ****?"
Old 7th July 2009
  #2
Lives for gear
 
swafford's Avatar
 

You are wrong. You are comparing apples to oranges. This entire thread is a joke!
Old 7th July 2009
  #3
Gear Nut
 
Dozerbabar's Avatar
Priceless!
Old 7th July 2009
  #4
Lives for gear
 

I'm never wrong, so your advice isn't necessary.
Old 7th July 2009
  #5
Lives for gear
 
HookedOnHardware's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glissando View Post
I'm never wrong, so your advice isn't necessary.

YouTube - I am right .... all the time! [HD]

Old 7th July 2009
  #6
Lives for gear
 
WunderBro Flo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by swafford View Post
You are wrong. You are comparing apples to oranges. This entire thread is a joke!
DAMN! Forum Aikido! Using my force against me!
Well done!!!
Old 7th July 2009
  #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by swafford View Post
You are wrong. You are comparing apples to oranges. This entire thread is a joke!
+! ... er... +1
Old 7th July 2009
  #8
Lives for gear
 
camus's Avatar
 

My personal favorite is people selectively quoting and answering bits of your post that they have answers for, and ignoring the rest for which they don't. That always makes me chuckle.
Old 7th July 2009
  #9
Lives for gear
 
WunderBro Flo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by camus View Post
My personal favorite is people selectively quoting and answering bits of your post that they have answers for, and ignoring the rest for which they don't. That always makes me chuckle.
This is so wrong I will not even comment on it!




ps - already opening the edit window....
Old 7th July 2009
  #10
Gear Maniac
 
The True Buck's Avatar
 

If I could have all the 2 cents given away here I'd be a zillionaire!
Old 7th July 2009
  #11
Gear Guru
 

I am talking about a REAL WORLD mix!
Old 8th July 2009
  #12
Lives for gear
 
WunderBro Flo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
I am talking about a REAL WORLD mix!
yeah I knowthat one, those guys who say "this is just a test! It´s totally different in the real world!" classic! added!
Old 8th July 2009
  #13
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by camus View Post
My personal favorite is people selectively ... ignoring ... me chuckle.
I hate to break it to you...but that's because nobody can hear you laugh on the internet, LOL!
Old 25th July 2009
  #14
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by camus View Post
My favorite bit that they have always makes me chuckle.
What?
Old 26th July 2009
  #15
Gear Addict
 

Add:
Quote:
I don't know what your experience is but you shouldn't tell me anything.
A cohesive, airtight argument presented to me by theblue1 at Digital Sucks Thread.

Here:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/moan-...you-going.html
Old 26th July 2009
  #16
Lives for gear
 

Im usually outta here at the 1st hitler reference. It never fails.
Old 26th July 2009
  #17
Gear Guru
 
Sounds Great's Avatar
 

Huh?
Old 26th July 2009
  #18
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
Huh?
Godwins law: Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
it never fails.
Old 26th July 2009
  #19
Gear Guru
 
Sounds Great's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydego View Post
Well thanks, but my "huh" referred to this entire thread.
Old 26th July 2009
  #20
Lives for gear
 
WunderBro Flo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydego View Post
Im usually outta here at the 1st hitler reference. It never fails.
Well just because you have an opinion it does not mean the others must not. What are you, some kind of opinion ****? heh

Hey this really works well, it deserves a place in the list!
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump