The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What's sadder than MJ dying?
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

What's sadder than MJ dying?

People who make, share, forward or promote jokes about his (or any persons) death.

Why do people do this?

It's a tragically horrible thing to do.

I'm not laughing.

RIP Michael.

Old 26th June 2009
Gear Addict

Very tragic indeed.
/Chris
Old 26th June 2009

what's sadder? My best friend struggling with cancer at 38. That's what. I didn't know Michael Jackson. Liked his music, sad that anyone dies - but I don't know him.... any more than I knew some guy in San Francisco who might have died last night.......
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

people are more interested in personal stories than ART

Michael's private life his no one else's business.

people are dumb and negative.
they don't create, they destroy.

but nothing new really
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

What's sadder than MJ dying? the way it was covered, I watched 40 minutes of BBC news yesterday and they were actually following the chopper wich carried the "body" of MJ, that they repeated a zillion times, over to people on time squares, spring them with fact that Michael died, some did not even know and constantly asking how they feel about that to coax reactions from the people.
The fact that probably hundred thousands of people dropped to their knees last night crying as if their father died, and many guys who have had them surgically transformed to Michael were ready to grab the pistol, others might have seen it as jobsecurity.
Panic in newsrooms to get an item ready before the red lights go own or the presses start rolling.
The new collector boxes and dvd's will hit the shop by end next week.
Massive fuel will be used to distribute all this and the migration of people that will be the televised funeral of MJ, with hords of people many real kings would be jealous of.
That is what's sadder than MJ dying, be happy for the man they tried to recessitate that decayed body and trouble mind for over one hour.
I for one am glad for him as a cardiac arrest is a nice quick way to go.
He pretty much set the standard for the top in pop, in hits, album sales, behaviour, money spent and earned, making people go crazy.
and it's interesting that in the reports they already talked about an Era dying in the music industry and talked about the dire situation the industry is in now.

Being one of the most global public figures there is and with the erratic behaviour he has shown there's nothing inhuman about cracking jokes at this event, sometimes to poor taste, others cope with situation through humor.

I was saddened by the fact how or global media reacted to this event more so than the death as Michael is now in Peace.
His children will be deeply saddened and will remember this strange soft father figure early in their life who used to dominate the globe and made millions of people react in a very hystarical way.
and might have a chance of a more normal life if our culture would be a bit more sane.
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

RIP
Old 26th June 2009
Gear Addict

The only footage I watched was when the ambulance was leaving his home, and then out of no where paparazzi are pushing their way through the medical team to get photos of him after his death. It disgusted me and I had to turn it off. Definitely a sad day in the music world and my condolences go out to his family and friends.
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

media is bull**** but then again so are people cos humans are the ones basically imploying these people covering stories
The older i get(and im young) the more i dislike the human race
We have supieriour complex..its not ok to kill a human but its ok go out like rednecks and shoot a animal
bull****
Old 26th June 2009
Rest in peace. An era has ended.
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegalante View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but that era ended about 15 years ago, maybe more. I think that guy died a long time ago.

Good pop songs, good business mind. Overcame everything thrown at him since childhood. Much respect to that. Respect to the art as well.

We created that monster that acted that way. Look at us now, crying and buying stuff. Good god that's horrible.

We are the monsters.

No wonder he was so screwed up. Hopefully the kids can change their name to something normal and live like normal people and not end up the same.

If a movie producer dies, do people just appreciate the movie, or do they scream and cry and go to the house and give flowers?

Celebrate the art, not the person. All those people crying and writing notes scare the heck out of me. Good lord we are primitive.

15 people died the same day from a bombing. They never lived in a mansion, racked up half a billion in debt, or lived some weird fantasy life.

I would say lets mourn them but instead lets just mourn humanity for being so damned backwards and weird.

Go watch TV so you can see Jon and Kate and MJ and FF.
Old 26th June 2009
Gear Maniac

Rest in peace MJ

I sure would have loved to watch him track the truck loads of vocals he would do for just one song.

Truly a genius artist that has inspired me more times than I can say.
Old 26th June 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankdrummer View Post
people are more interested in personal stories than ART

Michael's private life his no one else's business.

people are dumb and negative.
they don't create, they destroy.

but nothing new really
It's a shame that our technology has advanced at such a rapid pace but we still behave like a bunch of guys with sticks and rocks.

RIP MJ
Old 26th June 2009
Gear Maniac

Anyone have any cool stories of MJ in the studio?
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal Device View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but that era ended about 15 years ago, maybe more. I think that guy died a long time ago.

Good pop songs, good business mind. Overcame everything thrown at him since childhood. Much respect to that. Respect to the art as well.

We created that monster that acted that way. Look at us now, crying and buying stuff. Good god that's horrible.

We are the monsters.

No wonder he was so screwed up. Hopefully the kids can change their name to something normal and live like normal people and not end up the same.

If a movie producer dies, do people just appreciate the movie, or do they scream and cry and go to the house and give flowers?

Celebrate the art, not the person. All those people crying and writing notes scare the heck out of me. Good lord we are primitive.

15 people died the same day from a bombing. They never lived in a mansion, racked up half a billion in debt, or lived some weird fantasy life.

I would say lets mourn them but instead lets just mourn humanity for being so damned backwards and weird.

Go watch TV so you can see Jon and Kate and MJ and FF.
Old 26th June 2009
Lives for gear

I had a great day today but then I found out Sky Saxon passed.
Now I am sad…
Old 27th June 2009
Gear Maniac

What is sadder than MJ dying?
How about the fact that he gave little boys "Jesus Juice" and climbed in bed with them?
Old 27th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manfriday View Post
What is sadder than MJ dying?
How about the fact that he gave little boys "Jesus Juice" and climbed in bed with them?

I am middle of the road about the whole MJ thing , kinda "meh"

I am quite shocked to see posts (like the above) on GearSlutz that make the average 14 y/o gaming forum look mature .
What next ?
Will we have gear reviews that declare the product "failzorz" .

Time to grow up you people .
Old 27th June 2009
Exclamation

what's sadder than michael jackson dying?

this:

WikiAnswers - How many people died in the Holocaust

in essence, though - all death and suffering is sad, so it's just a question of degree.

this is also sad (and scary):

YouTube - Monsanto, Poison & Genes (documentary, 2008)

Opposing Views: OPINION: Genetically Modified Foods Pose Huge Health Risk

actually, now that you mention it - there are many, many extremely sad events and facts.

Rwandan Genocide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

armenian genocide - Google Search

African slave trade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Crusades - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Native American Genocide

Stalin, Joseph: Genocide and Crimes Against Humanity

this is also sad:

YouTube - Miss Teen USA 2007 - South Carolina answers a question

these things are sad:

America The Uneducated

Milken Institute Publications - Research Reports - An Unhealthy America: The Economic Burden of Chronic Disease -- Charting a New Course to Save Lives and Increase Productivity and Economic Growth

Foreclosure Storm Will Hit U.S. in ‘09 Amid Job Loss (Update1) - Bloomberg.com

Violence Against Women in the United States

Abuse of child 'witches' on rise, aid group says - CNN.com

Child Labor | Human Rights Watch

South America Child Abuse News - Human Rights Today

'Endemic' rape and abuse of Irish children in Catholic care, inquiry finds | World news | guardian.co.uk

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/10/bu...my/10jobs.html

NCHC | Facts About Healthcare - Health Insurance Coverage

Total Number of Orphan Children - MyOrphanage.org

Worldwide AIDS & HIV Statistics Including Deaths

The number of starving people in the world has exceeded one billion

1.1 Billion People Globally Do Not Have Clean Drinking Water | Austin TX Twestival 2009

UNHCR - UNHCR annual report shows 42 million people uprooted worldwide

World AIDS Orphans Day: The Orphans Crisis: The Facts

"Black Gold" : A cinematic wakeup call on coffee farmers exploitation - 06/07/06 | Workers Independent News

Human Rights Watch Uncovers Brutality in Zimbabwean Diamond Mining

Child Labour Today

One out of four South African men admit rape | NowPublic News Coverage

Suicide rates of the world and why people kill themselves « A wide angle view of India

NationMaster - Crime Rates Around the World

Animal Cruelty Issues from Around the World | The Humane Society of the United States

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/22/bu...l/22shell.html

Business & Human Rights : Mining

Human rights violations persist in Iran 30 years after Islamic revolution | Amnesty International

DRC: ICC’s First Trial Focuses on Child Soldiers | Human Rights Watch

Endangered Species

Pet-Abuse.Com - National Animal Cruelty CourtWatch System

Madoff's Victim List - The Wall Street Journal

FDIC: Failed Bank List

education « Ranking America

Dave Lindorff: A Corporate Crime Wave of Labor Law Violations

Corporate Crime Reporter

Genocides in history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...now, don't get me wrong - MJ's death makes me really sad - but let's try to keep some perspective.

Old 27th June 2009
Gear Maniac

You think a reminder that MJ was a friggin pedophile is immature?
I'm sorry. I know he was likely one of the most talented musicians that had ever lived and all..
But I think the fact that he gave little kids alcohol and climbed in bed with them overshadows any talent he may have had.
But hey that's just my opinion.
I'm also the guy who can't make himself go see any film made by Roman Polanski, due to the fact that he anally rapped a little girl and fled the country to avoid going to prison for it.

We sure are willing to forgive people an awful lot if they can keep us entertained!
:D
Old 27th June 2009
Gear Guru

70X7
Old 27th June 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
I'm sorry. I know he was likely one of the most talented musicians that had ever lived and all..
But I think the fact that he gave little kids alcohol and climbed in bed with them overshadows any talent he may have had.
I'm also the guy who can't make himself go see any film made by Roman Polanski, due to the fact that he anally rapped a little girl and fled the country to avoid going to prison for it.

We sure are willing to forgive people an awful lot if they can keep us entertained!
thumbsup
Old 27th June 2009
Lives for gear

I meant this is not the sort of thing , we , should bring to an audio forum .

All this crap is dragging GS into the gutter , but Meh to that too .
Maybe it is time for me to move to another forum , GearSlutz is not the forum it once was , and clearly you are happy with that .
Old 27th June 2009
RTR
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batchainpuller78 View Post
What's sadder than MJ dying? the way it was covered, I watched 40 minutes of BBC news yesterday and they were actually following the chopper wich carried the "body" of MJ, that they repeated a zillion times, over to people on time squares, spring them with fact that Michael died, some did not even know and constantly asking how they feel about that to coax reactions from the people.
The fact that probably hundred thousands of people dropped to their knees last night crying as if their father died, and many guys who have had them surgically transformed to Michael were ready to grab the pistol, others might have seen it as jobsecurity.
Panic in newsrooms to get an item ready before the red lights go own or the presses start rolling.
The new collector boxes and dvd's will hit the shop by end next week.
Massive fuel will be used to distribute all this and the migration of people that will be the televised funeral of MJ, with hords of people many real kings would be jealous of.
That is what's sadder than MJ dying, be happy for the man they tried to recessitate that decayed body and trouble mind for over one hour.
I for one am glad for him as a cardiac arrest is a nice quick way to go.
He pretty much set the standard for the top in pop, in hits, album sales, behaviour, money spent and earned, making people go crazy.
and it's interesting that in the reports they already talked about an Era dying in the music industry and talked about the dire situation the industry is in now.

Being one of the most global public figures there is and with the erratic behaviour he has shown there's nothing inhuman about cracking jokes at this event, sometimes to poor taste, others cope with situation through humor.

I was saddened by the fact how or global media reacted to this event more so than the death as Michael is now in Peace.
His children will be deeply saddened and will remember this strange soft father figure early in their life who used to dominate the globe and made millions of people react in a very hystarical way.
and might have a chance of a more normal life if our culture would be a bit more sane.
YA..no ****, I must have seen the picture of him dead in the ambulance with a bag in his mouth while getting cpr 75 times yesterday in a half hour...what a bunch of ****...I so wish that these media monsters all go to hell in the end...3 sad little kids that have to see their dead fathers body being worked on every 30 seconds on tv...Lets see if they do it to the ceo of General Electric when someone finally gets tired of their **** and blows their face off!! ughhh I hate these ass holes!!
Old 27th June 2009
Lives for gear

Guess he really couldn't pull off those gigs.

He really should have had a better physician, from what the crew said he was shattered after every rehearsal....that and the skinny frame he held as well as him being 50 was gonna certainly strain his heart. He hadn't performed in how long?

18 year olds have died of cardiac arrest, that is sadder.

Maybe there was such a halo around him nobody could say ''this could damage your health''....but it's different when he IS probably the most famous person of all time right after Jesus.
Old 27th June 2009
RTR
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yago View Post
I meant this is not the sort of thing , we , should bring to an audio forum .

All this crap is dragging GS into the gutter , but Meh to that too .
Maybe it is time for me to move to another forum , GearSlutz is not the forum it once was , and clearly you are happy with that .
No..I think people that argue over stupid **** on every single page on GS is the problem..behringer, api, analog, digital..who gives a ****!! It's like some people come here just to argue that their **** is better than the other guy's..it's on every fukin page buddy...RIP M.J...I grew up listening to the off the wall album!!!
Old 27th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTR View Post
No..I think people that argue over stupid **** on every single page on GS is the problem..behringer, api, analog, digital..who gives a ****!! It's like some people come here just to argue that their **** is better than the other guy's..it's on every fukin page buddy...RIP M.J...I grew up listening to the off the wall album!!!
Yes , you could be right there , this is just another symptom of the same old :(
Old 27th June 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batchainpuller78 View Post

The fact that probably hundred thousands of people dropped to their knees last night crying as if their father died, and many guys who have had them surgically transformed to Michael were ready to grab the pistol
Those are the sick f#cks.
Old 27th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcoman View Post
what's sadder? My best friend struggling with cancer at 38. That's what. I didn't know Michael Jackson. Liked his music, sad that anyone dies - but I don't know him.... any more than I knew some guy in San Francisco who might have died last night.......

Old 27th June 2009
Gear Addict

I do not care so much about the title of this thread... I think it is not so lucky but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegalante View Post
That is exactly how I feel.
Old 27th June 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:

Judge yee not, my friend.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search