The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
I Could use some help
Old 14th August 2005
Gear Head

Cool I Could use some help

I'm using a Behringer 1622FX, BBE 362 and Compressor on the front end of my recording gear. But running the BBE in line with the mixer and compressor makes some noise. I was thinking that I could simply patch the BBE into the send receive plugs on the mixer and still have that great sound. But when I read the manual on setting it up it covers about 4 to 6 different mixers all in one. It only touches on the auxilary send receive so was of no help. Anybody here familiar with that particular model and know how to patch it in?

Thanks.
Old 14th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Minimal signal path is generally the rule to follow, so you wouldn't want either unit in the chain unless you're actually using it.... in which case, you'd most likely want to connect the compressor and/or the BBE via the channel inserts.

Also, I'm not sure why you consider the BBE to have a "great sound." Units such as this are most often abused by novices as an excuse to proper recording technique.... I'd use it sparingly if I were you - great sound comes from recording chops, not gear.
Old 14th August 2005
Gear Head

Cool

Hey Bruce. Thanks for the heads up on that. So you're saying I ought to ditch the compressor and the BBE for initial recording? But how do you control the sudden bursts from a vox that would cause it to go off the board? Record at low volume and goose it up in the mix? Remember mine is a simple system. When I cut a song it's ... Press Play and run like mad to the sound booth heh Mine's a one man operation. Thanks again.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search