The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
wats wrong with this picture
Old 12th August 2005
Lives for gear

Just consoldiate the tracks... then it will look like a perfect performance. heh
Old 15th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphajerk
... nor do i think there are enough drugs in this world to make me do that, or money.
two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls

that might make the time go by quicker

Dante
Old 17th August 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphajerk
tools, i cant even imagine your frustration... nor do i think there are enough drugs in this world to make me do that, or money. that would cost the client a million dollars for me to take that on.

I'm with Alpha on this one!
Old 18th August 2005
Gear Maniac

I hope that at the very least you were getting paid by the hour for all that work...

-Kenny D
Old 18th August 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyd03
I hope that at the very least you were getting paid by the hour for all that work...

-Kenny D
it dont really take all that long so I generally keep a daily rate going! Its kinda the norm in the UK anyway. Hourly gigs are rare I find
Old 18th August 2005
Gear Addict

Damn, still painful to look at
Old 18th August 2005
Jax
Lives for gear

The worst part of 'fixing' a performance is that it deludes the drummer into thinking he really CAN play. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
Old 18th August 2005
Lives for gear

I'd be very curious to hear a "before" and "after"
Old 18th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly
two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls

that might make the time go by quicker

Dante

damn i gotta see that movie again thumbsup
Old 18th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal7
damn i gotta see that movie again thumbsup
Fear & Loathing, right? Or where the Buffalo Roam?
Old 19th August 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berolzheimer
I'd be very curious to hear a "before" and "after"
WERD
Old 19th August 2005

unfortunately not possible due to

a) me losing my job as the label severs all ties for ever with me

b) me not having the drives!!

suffice it to say - before it was utterly nightmarish and after it almost sounded like music....
Old 19th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolskid
unfortunately not possible due to

a) me losing my job as the label severs all ties for ever with me

b) me not having the drives!!

suffice it to say - before it was utterly nightmarish and after it almost sounded like music....
Oh come on, Tool, get your priorities straight! Sure, you'll lose your job and probably endanger the rest of your career, but just think, you'll be giving a bunch of guys you've never met a few seconds of laughter.
Old 19th August 2005
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by absrec
Personally, I'm a little sickened by the people that track an entire record, don't do any editing, and then hand it to me to mix. .
Hmmm, personally, if I give a record to someone to mix they should mix it. The thought of chopping or moving ONE note had better not even enter their head.

I don't understand where the whole "mixer as editor, producer" thing has come from.

A lot of time, fun and love goes into tracking and it should be left in!

Seriously, I've sent tracks back because they've had the count in cut off the beginning WHY??

I didn't ask for it, you didn't check with me, WHY TOUCH IT??
Old 19th August 2005

Quote:
Oh come on, Tool, get your priorities straight! Sure, you'll lose your job and probably endanger the rest of your career, but just think, you'll be giving a bunch of guys you've never met a few seconds of laughter.
goddammit, you're right!!

I'll just take another hit on this pipe then post it all up heh
Old 19th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man
Hmmm, personally, if I give a record to someone to mix they should mix it. The thought of chopping or moving ONE note had better not even enter their head.
And later in the same post, I said that that's exactly what I do. I mix it! But if I think it'll help the song, I'll make a quick edit here and there. I'm not going to walk on eggshells about changing a few things up. If they don't trust me, they should've gone elsewhere. But as a general rule, I don't get into large scale fixes like toolskid is doing. I also get the impression from this post that he is being hired to edit, not to mix. I could be wrong, though.
Old 19th August 2005

Quote:
I also get the impression from this post that he is being hired to edit, not to mix.
bingo!
Old 20th August 2005
Here for the gear

Quote:
And later in the same post, I said that that's exactly what I do. I mix it! But if I think it'll help the song, I'll make a quick edit here and there. I'm not going to walk on eggshells about changing a few things up. If they don't trust me, they should've gone elsewhere. But as a general rule, I don't get into large scale fixes like toolskid is doing. I also get the impression from this post that he is being hired to edit, not to mix. I could be wrong, though.

Awww, I was just in ranting mood :-)

sorry.
Old 24th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Fear & Loathing, right? Or where the Buffalo Roam?
Fear and Loathing

Dante
Old 30th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
I don't understand where the whole "mixer as editor, producer" thing has come from.
This is exactly why I get hired sometimes. To basically, fix it, make it better, and then mix. Often it includes adding keys, loops, edits, pitch/time correction, and whatever else will bump it up a notch.

Though, I prefer the projects where I'm just the mixer, and not the fixer. Of course, when I do the all-in-one jobs, the client is WAY more impressed than when just mixing. "I can't believe how good it sounds! I know what I gave you to work with!"
Old 31st August 2005
Lives for gear

when will this "band" be able to play live?
in ten years?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search