The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Violet v. BLUE the solution.....
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthaxUS
Lighten up dude...why do you even care??????
I don't. I was just trying to correct what I reasonably thought was a statement by you that BLUE makes their mics in China. Then you tried to make me out to be stupid for ever thinking you said that. If you didn't want it to continue you should have stopped posting after you made your position known.
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

I wont be buying either until this is worked out just because I dont want something hanging on my head

RC 84 , or a 414 then I guess
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Head

I didn't try to make you sound stupid...and if I did, it was not my intent...

Tom
Old 4th August 2005
500 series nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersisblue
I wont be buying either until this is worked out just because I dont want something hanging on my head

RC 84 , or a 414 then I guess
Old 4th August 2005
500 series nutjob

seems to me their was a lot of blue bashing from jz but?
you are correct in, Basically each side is insisting they're right in this dispute, and maybe it should not be considered spam in either case.
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersisblue
I don't get this.

What would be hanging on your head? A good sounding mic?

Because you're not gonna spend good money on a mic that does not sound good to you, right?

Regardless of who turns out to be "in the right" I would not buy said mic if it did not rock.
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Maniac

mu buddy has a blue bluebird that works without the 48 being on ...and it sounds like the brown stuff even when powered... and the shockmount broke after a month... go figure

Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

Call David Bowie and have a walk off

Andy

(if you're scratching your head right now, it's a Zoolander reference (smileys too)
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Addict

I own two Blue Kiwi's and a Lollipop capsule and love them everytime I use them. It is sad that this whole thing has come up, but so be it. It well be settled soon. but it is true that when you work for someone and invent something it is not yours to own. Just ask the person who invented post it notes foe 3M. If the mics that JZ is making now are as good as the Blue mics thn it will come out in the wash, if they aren't then no one will by them, enough said by me on this topic. heh
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Addict

This is the "high end" forum. Why are either of these companies entering the discussion?
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

Red mics?

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried or heard the Red mics? Any good? And just how does "Red" fit into all this? My guess was that "Red" is just a brand or wholly-owned subsidiary of Blue, but could someone clarify?
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

wow...a whole 48 minutes after your first post here, and you're already policing these forums?
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecastr
wow...a whole 48 minutes after your first post here, and you're already policing these forums?

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robobo1
This is the "high end" forum. Why are either of these companies entering the discussion?
Blue makes the Bottle, the Kiwi, the Cactus, and the Robbie mic pre. They are definitely high end, at least price-wise.
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Head

I thought Violet made Blue Mics

Sorry couldn't resist...
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riad
In this case I'm not so sure. I don't think I would consider either company, especially with the large selection of microphone manufacturer's that are out there.

jmtc,
Rob

Personallly, I had never heard of Violet before all this carp before, and now I know them to be a high-end mic designer(?)/manufacturer.

Advertising!!! It works!
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucey
here's one idea: no blue, no red, no voilet

sorry if this seems harsh but i never related to the concept of haute couture microphone visuals BLUE is known for ... it's the sound of a mic that makes it pretty. By the anagram name Baltic Latvian one assumes they're made-for-cheaper elsewhere ... then the elsewhere's turned capitalists ... and the capitalists turned legal ... and the principals brought it all back home where it could have been in the first place ... what a nighmare.

Chinese manufacturers try to do this all the time, and in a sense, who can blame them? Outsourcing can have karma paybacks, and this is a good example. We teach by the energy we promote in the example of outsourcing, and they learn their value, then they want more just as we did when we hired them. Why do "I " need "You" they come to say. Seems predictable in a market system. Sufficiency is not an element for EITHER party here.

Then the manufacturer-turned-storefront goes public and in a rush to play the game like everyone else over-promotes, being comparatively new Capitalists and not getting the subtlety of understated advertising in an advanced economy. Again, no shock there and i dont fault them for this faux pas of ignorance.

An alternative approach would be a company like Korby Audio, 100% designed and made in the USA by veterans of microphone care and adjustment, who dont go on the forums, and have all the cred and sales they need. A business not built on margins, but for a life of good enough money and the holistic merits of the craft and the music it helps to create.
LOVE YOUR POST!!

it's like watching an episode of The Daily Show and wondering why, if this stuff is so simple, most people don't understand or seem to care about it?
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicSh*tty
Lastly and most importantly (to me) is that I've seen pics of the JZ man's name stamped on the guts of BLUE mics.
For what it's worth I opened up my BLUE Bottle and all my capsules last night and found nothing but BLUE stamped on the circuit boards. No "JZ" anywhere. It appears that JZ has no claims on the Bottle, now if one were to follow this logic - the Kiwi, Cactus, Bluebird and Baby Bottle are based off the Bottle design which was designed by BLUE and not even manufactured by JZ or Scruples. Just my $.02
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by subatomic
LOVE YOUR POST!!

it's like watching an episode of The Daily Show and wondering why, if this stuff is so simple, most people don't understand or seem to care about it?

ahaha thumbsup

and welcome to GS ...
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Head

When did you buy it?
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Has anyone ever personally opened a Kiwi, Blueberry, Dragonfly, or Baby Bottle, and seen the "Designed by JZ" stamp?
Old 5th August 2005
Art
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmix
For what it's worth I opened up my BLUE Bottle and all my capsules last night and found nothing but BLUE stamped on the circuit boards. No "JZ" anywhere. It appears that JZ has no claims on the Bottle, now if one were to follow this logic - the Kiwi, Cactus, Bluebird and Baby Bottle are based off the Bottle design which was designed by BLUE and not even manufactured by JZ or Scruples. Just my $.02

This is an extremely good point, JZ was not involved in the production of The Bottle, it is manufactured at a different facility. The other mics do seem to be based off of The Bottle. I guess this is what could happen if you sub-contract manufacturing, especially in a country where corruption is rampant. I can clearly see that JZ has a whole lot to learn if he plans on doing any real business in the U.S.. I for one, do not trust him, too many suspicious activities and inconsistencies.

For Example, whenever he attempts to list a microphone on EBAY, the system automatically pulls his listing due to patent infringements, they must know something that we do not know I assume. I was lucky enough to catch one of his listings before it got shut down and I glanced at his feedback. His main business was selling computer software for .01 and overcharging for shipping. This makes me uncomfortable.

Oh, and then there are the people he sends to pose as regular members, who are obviously in some way affiliated with him.

And of course his rants all over all of the forums about how he designed everything ever, hey then why even get involved with BLUE in the first place? Maybe because you did not actually have a complete product without them?

Then JZ spreads the rumor that BLUE moves manufacturing to China, which of course is denied by BLUE (except shockmounts).

Then, we have two different people who claim to be authorized distributors for the U.S., only to make another mess of things on the 3DB forum. One distributor accuses the other of basically being a fraud. Is this company a circus or what?

Then of course all of the documents he provides, well sh*t I can provide you a document stating that I was the third member of Wham, but that does not make it so.

As a company, BLUE has been professional and consistent. So why take a risk with someone like JZ? Even if he designed CERTAIN COMPONENTS of the mics and his company manufactured the mics, this does not constitute ownership. It is very common to sub-contract certain aspects of design and manufacturing, if this type of practice were allowed then the business world would be in chaos. Sorry if I seem pissed, I am, I do not care if this guy designed the friggin moon, I am not buying anything from him cause he appears to lack integrity (simply my opinion-you have a right to yours).

Art
Old 5th August 2005
Gear Maniac

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The best post I've ever read on this subject.
Old 5th August 2005
Jai guru deva om

I agree. I think there should be a moratorium on BLUE vs JZ threads until this is resolved too but maybe that's just me.

War
Old 5th August 2005
Here for the gear

Message from Blue

All Blue products were designed and created by Blue. Period.

The links that Juris Zarins references, which he falsely asserts to be proof of design patent ownership, are nothing more than deceptively filed registration applications. These have been lawfully opposed – OHIM claim # 000288220-001, 000288220-002, 000288220-003, 000288220-004, 000288220-005, and 000288220-006. This is simply one component of the legal action that Blue has had to take to defend itself from the attacks perpetrated by Juris Zarins, Scruples, and Violet. There will be an official press release issued before the end of the month that will include additional information regarding Blue's legal actions.

Blue isn't just two guys working in a garage. Felix Stanevich is an electrical/production engineer who works for Blue and is a close friend of Martins Saulespurens. Some of the parts made and assembled for Blue, including the tuning rings found on the back of certain capsules, are marked for the purpose of identifying the component manufacturer for warranty purposes. Hence, the JZ initials.

Blue is and always has been an American company with a Latvian counterpart. Blue utilizes many American manufacturers, including machine shops, plating and finishers, box makers, printers, and more. When you buy Blue products, you are supporting American workers and businesses, as well as the American and Latvian employees who rely on Blue for their income. We are all real people, with families and lives, who care very deeply and passionately about what we do.

Blue has a legal obligation to take the high road in this entire situation. Consequently, we can not participate in the banter of these forums. We hope you understand. We also hope you will continue to support Blue - still the same company and same products that you have become familiar with over the last decade.
Old 5th August 2005
Lives for gear

The best outcome would be that both manufactures shut the **** up and make some competitive, great sounding, well priced microphones.

So lets see what they sound like now... #1 prioroty for both parties is to provide customer satisfaction.
Old 5th August 2005
Here for the gear

Message from Blue

The links that Juris Zarins references, which he falsely asserts to be proof of design patent ownership, are nothing more than deceptively filed registration applications. These have been lawfully opposed – OHIM claim # 000288220-001, 000288220-002, 000288220-003, 000288220-004, 000288220-005, and 000288220-006. This is simply one component of the legal action that Blue has had to take to defend itself from the attacks perpetrated by Juris Zarins, Scruples, and Violet. There will be an official press release issued before the end of the month that will include additional information regarding Blue's legal actions.

Blue isn't just two guys working in a garage. Felix Stanevich is an electrical/production engineer who works for Blue and is a close friend of Martins Saulespurens. Some of the parts made and assembled for Blue, including the tuning rings found on the back of certain capsules, are marked for the purpose of identifying the component manufacturer for warranty purposes. Hence, the JZ initials.

Blue is and always has been an American company with a Latvian counterpart. Blue utilizes many American manufacturers, including machine shops, plating and finishers, box makers, printers, and more. When you buy Blue products, you are supporting American workers and businesses, as well as the American and Latvian employees who rely on Blue for their income. We are all real people, with families and lives, who care very deeply and passionately about what we do.

Blue has a legal obligation to take the high road in this entire situation. Consequently, we can not participate in the banter of these forums. We hope you understand. We also hope you will continue to support Blue - still the same company and same products that you have become familiar with over the last decade.
Old 5th August 2005
Here for the gear

Message from Blue

Old 5th August 2005
Here for the gear

Message from Blue

Old 5th August 2005
Here for the gear

cont'd

... cage match... interesting idea.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search