The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Violet v. BLUE the solution.....
Old 20th July 2007
Lives for gear

I don't find that Violet lost any court case.

Can you please point me to the right information. Your link to the California Supreme
Court is not correct.

Unless you can point out a legitimate court ruling, I call you a troll and a meddler.
Old 20th July 2007
Lives for gear

A good friend of mine just picked up a pair of Black Fingers. Quite a nice looking mic, I must say. I realize it's not one of the mic models being contested; just had to say Violet's build quality appears impressive to me. If you didn't like the sound you could holster them and use them as billy clubs. If someone smacked you with one it would definitely leave a mark...

All kidding aside, they look very cool. I can't wait to play with them. heh
Old 24th July 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Fear View Post
Well, thanks to the wonderful website supremecourt.ca.gov, anybody can go and look up the court records to find that the judge found Violet guilty of twelve counts, with prejudice, to the tune of $500k per count.
Lord Fear, supremecourt.ca.gov is a dead link. Please provide a link to your source.
Old 28th July 2007
Here for the gear

Oops. Let's try this again. Lord Fear is not available, but he is in fact legit. He's asked me to post the correct link for you doubters, and Violet apologists:

Los Angeles Superior Court - Civil Case Summary

case number BC339387

Sorry Plush, but your Violet buddies appear to be ethically challenged.
Old 28th July 2007
Here for the gear

And here's the crux of the biscuit, for those of you who can't figure it out:
Attached Thumbnails
Violet v. BLUE the solution.....-bvdoc.jpg  
Old 28th July 2007
Lives for gear

Thank you for posting the information.
May I correct your former posting by mentioning that I have no affiliation with nor do I know the principals of Violet or JZ.

I see that Violet and JZ are prohibitied from making certain models of microphones.

That may be a drawback for them, but I see no judgement against them. If true damage had been done, there would have been a judgement against JZ.

Besides the paper cited shows that the court case ended in a deal, with no money changing hands.
Old 28th July 2007
Here for the gear

Plush, I had a feeling that you in particular wouldn't be able to figure it out, based on what seems to be your lack of objectivity. That's why I posted the paper itself. Reread that.

"Judgment is found in favor of BLUE in each and every cause of action..."

From one of the other filings, Lord Fear's original post seems to indicate what happened correctly. In a nut shell: There were thirteen counts. One was dropped because it was redundant. Violet was found guilty on all twelve remaining counts to the tune of $500k each. The case is currently in the discovery phase, where the the defendants have to disclose their finances.

Seriously, you need to get over your myopic defense of Violet. Based on their actions of lying about Blue in the press and with dealers, it should be very obvious as to the character of these guys.
Old 29th July 2007
Lives for gear

Mr. Tripit,

I am a savvy court document reader. What I see here is a negotiated settlement with no money changing hands. Violet would be liable only IF it violated the terms of the settlement agreement. The document posted does not, in any way, say that any judgements for $ 500,000 per count have been entered.

I have read many more of these unless you're a full time lawyer.

The judge did not impose this order. The two lawyers for the plaintiff and the defendant negotiated this order with Violet giving up the right to sell certain models of microphone.

Mr Tripit, stop posting that I am a defender of Violet. I am not. You sound like a prick. I am an interested observer who has followed this silliness from the beginning.

What I demand is an accurate account of what happened and anyone who can read will see that what you posted is not what happened. Read the language where the court talks about the $500,000 damages in future tense and with the word, "IF Violet violates the settlement agreement. . ."

You're not a scholar of the law, and I am.
Old 29th July 2007
Lives for gear

Plush, I think you're missing the forest for the trees here. Yes, this was a negotiated settlement. Yes this was a stipulated judgment. It is also a complete and utter loss for Violet, JZ and associates. They stipulated to a judgment against themselves on all causes of action. They stipulated to being enjoined from ever marketing the products that were the subject of the suit, even if rebranded. They stipulated to $500K per count if they ever violated the agreement.

That is not the kind of "negotiated agreement" that you accept if you have a snowball's chance in hell of prevailing. That is a complete and utter rout.

The fact that they didn't go all the way to trial only means that Violet's attorneys thought that this outcome, as bad as it was, would be better than what they would get in an actual ruling.

That says something.

I wish Violet the best in the marketplace, we all need more microphone manufacturers and they actually have the expertise to provide us with useful and even innovative products, but in this matter they were clearly dead wrong.

For them to continue to try to spin it and mischaracterize it only hurts their own credibility.
Old 29th July 2007
500 series nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by softwareguy View Post
For them to continue to try to spin it and mischaracterize it only hurts their own credibility.
Old 14th May 2015
Lives for gear

Bump!

Old 19th May 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
Bump!

Why?
Old 1 week ago
RTG
Gear Maniac

Well, a great deal of time has passed on this matter.
Both manufacturers are still around. Violet is solely on the pro audio market and Blue seems to have more of a presence in the USB.Mic prosumer oriented market. Not much new pro audio gear from Blue in recent times. Perhaps we can see where the technical know how came from??
(I have mics from both camps and enjoy them all btw)
Old 1 week ago
I have had the Blue Kiwi and Blueberry for years and love both mics. The Blueberry beat out a TLM 103 many years ago that I initially wanted to buy.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTG View Post
(I have mics from both camps and enjoy them all btw)
I think this is all that matters at this point.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search