The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Violet v. BLUE the solution.....
Old 4th November 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowdbrent
Since there is a mysticism surrounding Blue's country of orign, the big question for some now is, "are Blues really Baltic mics now, or are they Chinese," and what does that do for quality, consistancy and long term value.
Maybe they need to change their name... perhaps to Ch.U.E. or C.U.E.

As far as their new value, I haven't a C.L.U.E.
Old 4th November 2005
Lives for gear

Blue aren't trying to convince people that their mics are made in the Baltics anymore. They have clearly stated that JZ originally was under contract to produce capsules in the Baltics for BLUE mics.

BLUE have now moved their entire produce to the USA. They've stated this several times. JZ posted photos of older BLUE capsules which had "JZ recordings" & "Blue Microphones" stamped into it as well as a newer blue capsule that said absolutely nothing on it. JZ then went off saying that BLUE capsules are now being made in china and saying that the photos were proof of that.

The only thing the photos proved was that JZ was no longer making capsules for BLUE.

Im sure if you were in the area BLUE would even give you a tour of their factory. I got a tour of Rode's factory here in Sydney where they machine every element of their mics. Rode might not be synonymous with brillant mics, but a lot of people still think they are made in China.

Perhaps A.U.E is more appropriate.
Old 4th November 2005
Jai guru deva om

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy!!
BLUE have now moved their entire produce to the USA. They've stated this several times.
That's not entirely accurate, BLUE is still having work performed and parts built in Latvia. I don't have a list of what they are, but some work is still being done there according to our rep and others.

Quote:
Rode might not be synonymous with brillant mics, but a lot of people still think they are made in China.
I'm pretty sure their capsules are mostly built in China though?

War
Old 4th November 2005
Lowdbrent
Thread Detour this Rode

Quote:
Blue aren't trying to convince people that their mics are made in the Baltics anymore. They have clearly stated that JZ originally was under contract to produce capsules in the Baltics for BLUE mics.

BLUE have now moved their entire produce to the USA. They've stated this several times. JZ posted photos of older BLUE capsules which had "JZ recordings" & "Blue Microphones" stamped into it as well as a newer blue capsule that said absolutely nothing on it. JZ then went off saying that BLUE capsules are now being made in china and saying that the photos were proof of that.

The only thing the photos proved was that JZ was no longer making capsules for BLUE.

Im sure if you were in the area BLUE would even give you a tour of their factory. I got a tour of Rode's factory here in Sydney where they machine every element of their mics. Rode might not be synonymous with brillant mics, but a lot of people still think they are made in China.

Perhaps A.U.E is more appropriate.

Ziggy,

Did you talk with the boys at Rode about listening to the public, and possibly making some nicer sounding mics? What is their posture? Do they think that the mics are the best sounding that they can be? I want to like their stuff, just because of the time and money that they put into the stuff. But....
Old 4th November 2005
Lowdbrent
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead
That's not entirely accurate, BLUE is still having work performed and parts built in Latvia. I don't have a list of what they are, but some work is still being done there according to our rep and others.

War
Capsules used to be made in China. No longer.
Old 4th November 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead

War

They have released several official statements saying that they are produced in the USA. Only cables and shockmounts are made in China.
Old 4th November 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ziggy,

Did you talk with the boys at Rode about listening to the public, and possibly making some nicer sounding mics? What is their posture? Do they think that the mics are the best sounding that they can be? I want to like their stuff, just because of the time and money that they put into the stuff. But....

Nar, I didn't really talk to them much... just listened more from a production point of view. Its an impressive facility though! State of the art automated machining systems in an environment that is as clean as a hospital. They have the tools and probably the designers on hand to build some great "pro quality" mics if they desired too but it appears that their aim is purely for low cost, mass produced project studio stuff... There was an article in Audio Technology Australia that had an interview with Mike Freedman and info on how he built his Rode empire. "Project studio" was mentioned more than anything else i think...

I guess the project studio market is just bigger... It sure would be nice to see them produce a great mic though.
Old 4th November 2005
Jai guru deva om

Quote:
They have released several official statements saying that they are produced in the USA. Only cables and shockmounts are made in China.
Hmm, I will check this out as I've been told different.

War
Old 4th November 2005
Gear Addict

I think Rode is a very interesting story. I bought an NT2 around the year they came out. What was that, 95 or 96? QC issues were rampant with Rode and at the time, I honestly thought they'd go under if that didn't change, and I certainly didn't think they'd ever be a reputable manufacturer. The consensus on Rode has certainly changed in the past 10 years. As you mentioned though, with their line aimed squarely at the project studio, I don't really see any offerings that appeal to someone like myself who is looking for "world-class" mics.
Old 4th November 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSVice
I think Rode is a very interesting story.

Indeed... The fact that Mike Freedman went from close to $1,000,000Aust in debt to creating, owning and running the second biggest microphone company (in terms of units produced) in the world is an incredible feat.
Old 4th November 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
How can you say that? JZ is dude at the original plant.

JZ was only one of the original plants. He did not make all the microphones, just a few of them (I think it was the Mouse, the Baby Bottle and the Cactus but I'm not sure). He did not make the Bottle and the rest of BLUE's line. That's common knowledge. Again according to BLUE's recennt statement this manufacturing has moved to the states. That's how I can say that.
Old 4th November 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
1. They WERE making mics before Blue.

Also not true, they were making surgical supplies before BLUE contracted them to build parts for microphones.
Old 19th November 2005
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmix
Also not true, they were making surgical supplies before BLUE contracted them to build parts for microphones.
Yes, surgical supplies too, but not for them until now
Old 19th November 2005
Here for the gear

[QUOTE=Art]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duardo
How do you know that? I don't recall ever hearing of them. From what I've heard they were innvolved in the manufacture of medical equipment.

This is true, they were also in the business of selling 1 cent software on ebay and ripping people off on shipping, check out their feedback.
Are you ready to confirm it ?
Old 19th November 2005
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmix
JZ was only one of the original plants. He did not make all the microphones, just a few of them (I think it was the Mouse, the Baby Bottle and the Cactus but I'm not sure). He did not make the Bottle and the rest of BLUE's line. That's common knowledge. Again according to BLUE's recennt statement this manufacturing has moved to the states. That's how I can say that.
I designed and manufactured 6 basic models except Bottle body and Balls, all lollipops, all capsules, all audio transformers, all vintage style accessories, vintage mic replacements and spare parts (except Chinese cables and BB shock).
Old 19th November 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ Recording
I designed and manufactured 6 basic models except Bottle body and Balls, all lollipops, all capsules, all audio transformers, all vintage style accessories, vintage mic replacements and spare parts (except Chinese cables and BB shock).

Sorry translation problem here. Are you saying you manufactured all the things listed above ? Or six models not including the things listed above ?
Old 19th November 2005
Gear Maniac

I got myslef The Black Knight from Violet a few weeks back, and I'm very pleased with the sound of that mic, considering the price!
It has got a lot of low end, but for what I've used it on, it sounded great.
Old 19th November 2005
Art
Gear Addict

[QUOTE=JZ Recording]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art

Are you ready to confirm it ?

Sure am Buddy!!!
1. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7334274458

that's right, buy it now for a penny, but 10 bucks to ship.

2. Buyer on Oct 04 "i didn't realize I was getting trial software, just a little dissapointed"
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...&iid=-1&de=off

3. They did attempt to sell a Flamingo Mic for $5000, but guess there were no takers
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

also Violet USA
Ralfs Niedra
California Business Solutions
5460 White Oak Ave
Encino, CA 91316

Come on? Who buys trial software anyway. I don't mean to be on your case JZ, you seem like an extremely talented guy, but you bring this drama onto yourself. I think you would be very successful if you put your energy into the microphones, rather than perpetuating this forum soap opera.

Regards,

Art
Old 19th November 2005
500 series nutjob

[QUOTE=Art]
Quote:
but you bring this drama onto yourself. I think you would be very successful if you put your energy into the microphones, rather than perpetuating this forum soap opera.

Regards,

Art
many have said that in the past.
Old 20th November 2005
Here for the gear

Thanks, you found 1 neutral feedback, overall rating is 100% positive.
If it was your target - I must congratulate you
For $10 people can try very complex and expensive software.
However - it is not my business, we are talking about microphones.

Concerning Flamingo mic sales - using VERO program it was illegally removed from E-Bay by Baltic Latvian Universal Electronics company.
They raported this large vacuum tube microphone as violation of their Baby Bottle (designed by me) design rights...

[QUOTE=Art]
Quote:

Sure am Buddy!!!
1. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7334274458

that's right, buy it now for a penny, but 10 bucks to ship.

2. Buyer on Oct 04 "i didn't realize I was getting trial software, just a little dissapointed"
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...&iid=-1&de=off

3. They did attempt to sell a Flamingo Mic for $5000, but guess there were no takers
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

also Violet USA
Ralfs Niedra
California Business Solutions
5460 White Oak Ave
Encino, CA 91316

Come on? Who buys trial software anyway. I don't mean to be on your case JZ, you seem like an extremely talented guy, but you bring this drama onto yourself. I think you would be very successful if you put your energy into the microphones, rather than perpetuating this forum soap opera.

Regards,

Art
Old 20th November 2005
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=JZ Recording]Thanks, you found 1 neutral feedback, overall rating is 100% positive.

Concerning Flamingo mic sales - using VERO program it was illegally removed from E-Bay by Baltic Latvian Universal Electronics company.
They raported this large vacuum tube microphone as violation of their Baby Bottle (designed by me) design rights...

Who cares if it was designed by you, you don't appear to own it! You were obivously on the BLUE payrole and I'd have a very hard time believing they would have hired you to design microphones yet let you keep ownership of those designs...
Old 22nd November 2005
Here for the gear

[QUOTE=Ziggy!!]
Quote:
Thanks, you found 1 neutral feedback, overall rating is 100% positive.

Who cares if it was designed by you, you don't appear to own it! You were obivously on the BLUE payrole and I'd have a very hard time believing they would have hired you to design microphones yet let you keep ownership of those designs...
I never was hired.
I designed, manufactured and sold ready products to them.
Old 22nd November 2005
Lives for gear

I'm not an EE and certainly don't know enough about patents, but it seems odd that you could claim ownership of the Baby Bottle design when it so clearly is a spinoff of the BLUE Bottle series and Neumann CMV which you did not design or build.
Old 24th November 2005
Here for the gear

look on these "originals"

http://www.shopping.com/xPP-Micropho...nd_blue~V-grid

Old 24th November 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:

As oposed to your "originals" which you can provide absolutely no proof of... not to mention your business in the US being practically shutdown by a court order...

That really puts the public behind you...

Maybe you should stop talking **** and go back to making microphones. You just don't seem to understand that all this **** talking is doing nothing but scarying customers away from violet microphones and reflecting badly on you and your company.

It has been said many times before but I guess it wasn't clear enough so i'll repeat it as bluntly as possible.

Pipe Down, fcuk off and make some microphones...

No one has time to give two ****s about this political BS that exists between you and blue. If they want a microphone they will buy it for its sound...

But by all means, keep ranting **** and making a fool of yourself. A lot of pro audio names have closed their doors in recent years and it seems you want to add Violet to the list with your ridiculous behaviour.

Buck up lad, this isn't preschool. No one is going to feel sorry for you.
Old 24th November 2005
Gear Addict

Can anyone verfiy or fill some gaps in regarding the kind of mysterious link JZ posted?

a taste:

Blue E47
Blue Elux 251

all old Blue products "no longer aviable"

whats that?
Old 24th November 2005
Lives for gear

....You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension. A dimension of sound. A dimension of sight. A dimension of Mind. You are moving into a land of both shadow and substance; of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... The Gearslutz Zone....

http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/...7770/tzone.mid

Old 24th November 2005
500 series nutjob

Old 24th November 2005
Gear Addict

Or is there something we don't know yet?
Old 24th November 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search