The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Violet v. BLUE the solution.....
Old 18th August 2005
500 series nutjob

i think jz's tactic's will inevitably loose him much more business then it will gain.
Old 18th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublehelix
Actually, robmix did say that too...

Sorry

So he did... had to leave quickly.

I should probably read entire posts before replying

Sorry Rob!
Old 18th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
My personal opinion is that they should both just shut up and make mics. Let the market decide
That's pretty much what Blue's done aside from a couple prepared statements.

Rather than the market, though, I'd say let the courts decide...doesn't seem like both should be on the market as they are now.

-Duardo
Old 18th August 2005
Gear Nut

I can't help but feel amused by the super-sensitivity shown by some towards this whole issue.

At this point JZ is just some guy with a seemingly extraordinary claim. Placed in his shoes, many would do and say just as he has done. And being "over there", with the language barrier and all, he does not seem to have an upper hand in the PR dept. Not that what's important is who has the better PR machine but who is in the right. No, I won't be involved in determing who is right and wrong but I do not see how anyone can invalidate his claims until the proper time.

So what's amusing? Well, unless you're an insider at Blue or JZ you don't really have anything to lose yet some posts here and elsewhere indicate that some take personal offense towards JZ. Why?
Old 18th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicSh*tty
So what's amusing? Well, unless you're an insider at Blue or JZ you don't really have anything to lose yet some posts here and elsewhere indicate that some take personal offense towards JZ. Why?
Well, obviously I can only speak for myself, but I find JZ's post so annoying for lots of reasons. First, there is nothing for him to gain by trash-talking BLUE. He has accused them of stealing his designs, of manufacturing in China, etc., etc., etc.

Why??? Just shutup, make your mics, and let the market/courts decide.

He has published all of this "inside dirt" on how BLUE wouldn't pay him to try to use it as leverage to get a new contract, which instread forced him to sever his ties completely with BLUE. I really don't care one way or the other, to be honest. Once it all comes out in the courts, and both sides have their say, then wake me up and tell me what happened, then maybe I will decide who are the crooks! If it turns out to be BLUE, then that might desuade me from purchasing from them again...who knows?

Also, he sets up fake forum "shills" to post on all the forums like they are annonymous users, when in reality, they are his employees posting crap to start long threads like this which gets the name of Violet in front of the world. Tacky, to say the least.

I posted a question to their website when I first heard about Violet (before all this mud-slinging started) about pricing for some of their "bottle caps" to fit my BLUE Bottle. Well, I never got a response, but I sure got on their email mailing list!!! Not only do these guys spam the forums with their negative comments, but I have got 2 emails in the last week with tons of propoganda and accusations with links to all kinds of crap...just a bunch of **** overall if you ask me.

Take the high road and show some class. If you have a legal claim, make it, and then continue making high-end products, but don't flood us with all this dirt, we could really care less until we know who is full of crap, and who isn't.

In one of the emails that I got, JZ claimed that BLUE came to them and asked if they could market some of JZ's mic designs. That is how the whole relationship started according the Violet. Yet, Scruples was involved (at the time) in making medical supply equipment. If he had good mic designd (and a *bunch* of them if you can believe JZ), why weren't they being sold before being approached by BLUE? Then, if you look at the documents he posted, some of his patents are dated from 2005...what the...??? If you were indeed in a marketing relationship with another company that was selling your designs, don't you think you would have patented those before the other company started selling them under another name?

As Lucille Ball used to say, "There's a rotton Cuban in Denmark..."

None of this makes sense, and smells awfully fishy to me.

Like I said earlier...take the high road and show some class. Make your mics and sell them, fine. But this mud-slinging and propoganda campaign has left a foul taste in my mouth.
Old 18th August 2005
Art
Gear Addict

right on doublehelix!

I am surprised that many do not see these inconsistencies in JZ's story, and there are many more as I am sure you know.

Art
Old 18th August 2005
500 series nutjob

dead on doublehelix.

this also what i have said before, as well as others.
you are not alone in haveing contacted him for info, i did so as well.
jz and his tactics, i have found more then a little annoying.
jz is only slinging mud, ( imho ) not very appealing to me.
very sad.

no class!
Old 19th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicSh*tty

I have nothing personal against JZ. Its his approach to the situation.

Instead of letting his mics do the talking he is too busy slandering his opposition/competition. He is trying win over the situation and gain sales by harming BLUE's reputation... to the point of even spreading false rumours (such as those BLUE/JZ capsule photo's which only proved that JZ no longer made capsules for BLUE, and not that BLUE was now manufacturing in China like JZ claimed).

Either, JZ know's he is going down legally against BLUE and is trying to get in some last ditched effort sales to recoup costs

or

His mics just plain suck so he has to try and make this competition seem bad.

or

He's a 17 year old kid who inherited a mic company and hasn't any business knowlegde what so ever... so he does what any 17year old knows how to do. Childish Name calling.
Old 13th September 2005
Here for the gear

It would be much more right for you to shut down your pc and spend some years trying to make your first microphone in your 17 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy!!
I have nothing personal against JZ. Its his approach to the situation.

Instead of letting his mics do the talking he is too busy slandering his opposition/competition. He is trying win over the situation and gain sales by harming BLUE's reputation... to the point of even spreading false rumours (such as those BLUE/JZ capsule photo's which only proved that JZ no longer made capsules for BLUE, and not that BLUE was now manufacturing in China like JZ claimed).

Either, JZ know's he is going down legally against BLUE and is trying to get in some last ditched effort sales to recoup costs

or

His mics just plain suck so he has to try and make this competition seem bad.

or

He's a 17 year old kid who inherited a mic company and hasn't any business knowlegde what so ever... so he does what any 17year old knows how to do. Childish Name calling.
Old 4th October 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ Recording
It would be much more right for you to shut down your pc and spend some years trying to make your first microphone in your 17 years

Is this a sales tactic i'm not aware of?
Old 4th October 2005
This conflict made some news just yesterday (keep in mind this appears to be based on a Blue press release):

http://www.osxrecording.com/modules....opic=4&catid=0
Old 4th October 2005
Jai guru deva om

AES cage match.

Be there.

War
Old 4th October 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead
AES cage match.

Be there.

War

and in the violet corner we have!
Old 4th October 2005
Jai guru deva om

Mr. Gefell, do you work for Violet? (your sig)

War
Old 4th October 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead
Mr. Gefell, do you work for Violet? (your sig)

War

nah..it's a short story. i can tell you in private.pm me if interested.
Old 5th October 2005
Gear Nut

I saw a banner here at GS stating Violet will show at AES.

I hope someone from here will swing by and check them out and then report back.

I'm curious purely about the build-quality and sound of the mics. Not interested in the politics/lawsuits at this point. Just does it feel and look like quality and what does it sound like.

Old 5th October 2005
Here for the gear

Hi there,

I don't want to disappoint you guys, but there ( at AES ) will be no "cage match" or something like that.
Now it's up to judges and courts

regards,
JZ
Old 5th October 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:

I have made a few microphones with help from some kind people at a certian forum. You know, the same forum WHERE YOU ALSO MADE AN ASS OF YOURSELF with stupid claims and marketing propaganda until you were told to leave!
Old 5th October 2005
500 series nutjob

MAKES AN ASS OF HIMSELF with stupid claims and marketing propaganda on ever forum i now of.
start a topic pertaining to blue and he will start his crap, sad.
Old 5th October 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
No one from "defendants" have not received any official documentation from The Los Angeles Superior Court about any legal proces against them.
Evidently more people were served than we were initially led to believe. heh
Old 5th October 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiospace
This conflict made some news just yesterday (keep in mind this appears to be based on a Blue press release):

http://www.osxrecording.com/modules....opic=4&catid=0

"Blue Microphones, a leader in microphone technology and design innovation, has filed lawsuits in the US and Latvia to protect it's trademark."

Hope their lawyers are better than their copy editors . . .
Old 5th October 2005
ded
Here for the gear

Hope their lawyers are better than their copy editors . . .

I couldn't agree more.
It will be interesting to see what a judge has to say about all this.

ded
www.dedart.com
Strange images, Strange music, Strange words.
Old 3rd November 2005
Gear Head

Violet Mics are under attack

Check it out...

http://www.bluemic.com/modules.php?o...rder=0&thold=0

Guess the lawyers will be singing into the mics now.
Old 3rd November 2005
Lives for gear

Oh man....do we really need another Blue vs. Violet thread?
Old 3rd November 2005
Jai guru deva om

At least JZ didn't blow a bunch of money on the AES show this year.

War
Old 3rd November 2005
Lives for gear

Nothing surprising...
Old 3rd November 2005
Art
Gear Addict

good for BLUE, glad things are progressing as they suggested they would.

Art
Old 3rd November 2005
Lives for gear

Nobody sems sues Behringer (None that I know about) cause they make poor quality copies.
Old 3rd November 2005
Lives for gear

Ooh, that makes me see red! There is a lot of competition in this industry and some people are green with envy! Secretly I suspect the root cause is scurvy, which could be solved by eating an orange. Don't mistake my purple prose, normally I wouldn't lift a pinky! David
Old 3rd November 2005
One with big hooves

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_R_S
Nobody sems sues Behringer (None that I know about) cause they make poor quality copies.
They've been a sued a BUNCH of times in the past and IIRC, they lost all of those suits. The ones I can remember are Drawmer, Aphex & Mackie...I'm pretty sure there were a couple of others. Some of the Behringer gear from those times ('97 and earlier) is actually usable stuff, because it IS a copy of a Drawmer or Aphex piece!

During the AES show I stumbled into the Violet booth (literally, it was tucked waaaaaay into a back corner of the show) and gave the mics a three minute once-over. They really do look like copies of Blue but something about the finishes was odd and didn't look right. Between that and the booth dudes cryptically communicating in tongues via cell phone...well...the whole deal seemed *highly* shady.

I hope the folks at Blue win this case...it seems to be going in their direction!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search