The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Wisdom Teeth
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Wisdom Teeth

Going in for my consoltation tomorrow. Gum all swolen, looks like it's infected. I'm in serious pain. Please pray the doc will help me feel better tomorrow.
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

ask for hydrocodone!
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Addict

How many of you guy's still got 'em? I never got mine taken out when they came through, they sit there fine 90% of the time. Sometimes popcorn or something gets stuck and I have to listerine-assault my face for a day or 2, then it's ok again...
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

mine are still about
Old 4th August 2005
I still have em..

you gotta poke back ther eand brush em ... but even then, some folks just need em out..

Alice Cooper
Unfinished Sweet

Candy everywhere, got chocolate in my hair,
Aching to get me.
Sticky sweet suckers in the Halloween air,
Aching to get me.
Saint Vitus dance on my molars tonight,
Aching to get me.
Aching to get me, get me oh ...
Take it to the doc, I guess he ought to know,
La, da, da, da, da.
Which ones can stay, which ones gotta go.
La, da, da, da, da.
He looks in my mouth and then he starts to gloat.
He says my teeth are O.K.,
But my gums got to go.
Oh oh ...
I come off the gas but I'm still seeing spies,
Aching to get me.
I can see them all through a glassy pair of eyes,
Aching to get me.
De Sade's gonna live in my mouth tonight,
La, da, da, da, da,
And the rotten tooth fairy is satisfied,
La, da, da, da, da,
Aching to get me, get me oh ...
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

I had six teeth taken out as a kid to make way for braces and mine came down early this year.

Funny thing was, went to the dentist, they counted my teeth. Six months later I go back and they go 'ah you've two extra teeth, your wisdom teeth have come through.'

Now, you'd think I'd notice something like that wouldn't yah????

Old 4th August 2005
500 series nutjob

had mine pulled many years ago, painful, i do not remember an option for being put to sleep, i think i would have opted for it.
just slip on the ray-bans and get strapped in, this ride is gonna hurt.
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

I had mine out last year- I only had'em on the bottom, they've always been impacted but never bothered me til then, at the age of 42. They doc said it's best to get them out before 40 as the bone hardens more after that. They put me under,all I remember is the nurse saying "we'll start the drip now" and then waking up extremely woozy with 2 big holes in my jaw. coming out of the anasthesia was very weird, and took an hour or 2. I was given a scrip for Vicoden but didn't like how it made me feel so I just used ibuprofen for a week or so. Not fun all in all but the rest of my teeth have certainly been better since.
Old 4th August 2005
C/G
Lives for gear

Still have mine and they have never bugged me. Cool thing is that when my top wisdom teeth came in they pushed a small gap together between my two front ones. If you smoke watch out because you can get dry sockets and they hurt like a mofo.
Old 5th August 2005
Lives for gear

I had all 4 of mine taken out years ago....go for laser surgery....it took 30 minutes to remove all 4!!!! And one was impacted too. Good Luck!!

sdf
Old 5th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Well I went for my consoltation today and my top two are going to be easy, the doc said I won't even know they're gone. But I guess my bottom two are going to be bitches. The tops of the bottoms ones are pushing into the back of my other molars. I'm going under about 10 days from now, I can't wait! I just want to get this **** over with....

I'm definitly looking foward to the meds though! Meperdane
Old 5th August 2005
Mindreader

WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT

Started feeling REALLY WRONG on Thursday. Was meant to be working at RichT's place, and kept forgetting things, was being REALLY absent minded and gradually really weird panicky feeling came over me. Went home.

Was really quite freaked out, really grumpy, anxious and generally not good at all.

Then my lower left jaw started hurting. Then throbbing.

Went to dentists today. Wisdom tooth infection. Antibiotics.

'It's normal to have these out you know after a couple of infections' she said.

Then she looked at the x-rays, similar to Titanic (my wisdom tooth) crashing into the white cliffs of Dover (my other teeth)

'Well ok, perhaps you should just keep taking the pills....'

God help me if I have to have them removed.

Here's a diagram -

IIIII<

I - normal teeth
< = wisdom teeth

Not only that, the wisom teeth roots go right back to the end of my jaw

Jaysus

Been 37 years so far, hope I can go for another 37....

Bev
Old 5th August 2005
Gear Head

Had one pulled out at the university in an experiment (testing pain killers ) and I got $200 for participating
Old 6th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk
Had one pulled out at the university in an experiment (testing pain killers ) and I got $200 for participating
You crazy danes!

heh
Old 7th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevvyB

Bev
You might be better off getting them out now, as I said earlier your jawbones harden up in your late 30's-early 40's and then it's a more difficult (read- more painful) surgery. I'd say ask your oral surgeon about that aspect.
Old 7th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berolzheimer
You might be better off getting them out now, as I said earlier your jawbones harden up in your late 30's-early 40's and then it's a more difficult (read- more painful) surgery. I'd say ask your oral surgeon about that aspect.
I totally agree with him! You should at least entertain the idea. It's such a huge relief. Half the load has been lifted off my shoulders and I only scheduled my appointment for removal.
Old 7th August 2005
Gear Nut

I had all four of mine out about 3 years ago. I ended up with a terrible infection that swelled the side of my head to massive proportions... it looked like I had a softball in my cheek. They had to put me back under 3 days later and insert 5 drains into my gums and cheek. It was excruciating. I was out of commission for a week.

Not to freak you out or anything...

-moze
Old 8th August 2005
C/G
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevvyB
WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT

Started feeling REALLY WRONG on Thursday. Was meant to be working at RichT's place, and kept forgetting things, was being REALLY absent minded and gradually really weird panicky feeling came over me. Went home.

Was really quite freaked out, really grumpy, anxious and generally not good at all.

Then my lower left jaw started hurting. Then throbbing.

Went to dentists today. Wisdom tooth infection. Antibiotics.

'It's normal to have these out you know after a couple of infections' she said.

Then she looked at the x-rays, similar to Titanic (my wisdom tooth) crashing into the white cliffs of Dover (my other teeth)

'Well ok, perhaps you should just keep taking the pills....'

God help me if I have to have them removed.

Here's a diagram -

IIIII<

I - normal teeth
< = wisdom teeth

Not only that, the wisom teeth roots go right back to the end of my jaw

Jaysus

Bev
Get it over with. I had to have carpal tunnel surgery done in one of my wrists. It wasn't bad but it was pissing me off none the less with the numb fingers, aching hand and forearm muscles ect. I told my doc I want to do it and just get it over with. Glad I did because now I have to get the other wrist done soon.
Old 24th August 2005
Gear Maniac

So I had my wisdom teeth removed. What a joy

Now I have dry sockets. God does this blow...
Old 24th August 2005
Lives for gear

There was a fashion about wisdom teeth pulling and I read it was beneficial for blood circulation thus went and let them be pulled all for.

The dentist was a king of the branch and though the roots not being small everything went easy being over it after days.

However, today I gather as long as wisdom teeth don´t push the row or disturb occlusion they should be kept for they might help preventing the 7th teeth and followers from oral sided paradontal decrease.

Ruphus
Old 26th August 2005
Gear Addict

I'm sure they have a technical reason, as you mentioned ruphus, but I think the psycological reasoning behind "oh, lets just rip 'em out in a long an painful operation just in case it does something good" is a little flawed :D

I'm sure dentists don't dig it that much either!
Old 26th August 2005
Lives for gear

That´s more or less how I did. Certainly -> ( - And the operation was easy. The doc was an artists. Never seen one like him.)
I wouldn´t let them be pulled these days.

But hey, should the globe still twist in 20 years I guess we will be able to let teeth grow again. And I´ll be ordering two pairs of original wisdom teeth if I can afford it.
That would make me with lots of teeth but little wisdom, he he he.

Ruphus
Old 26th August 2005
C/G
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Gaucher
If you smoke watch out because you can get dry sockets and they hurt like a mofo.
I hope I did not jinx you.
Old 26th August 2005
Gear Guru

I had four taken out when I was in my mid 20s. It wasn't bad. They gave me some codeine to take afterwards. I took a half a tablet and just dealt with it. No asprin. It really wasnt that bad. Same thing last year. I had a tooth pulled. I just had novocaine. No asprin or pain killers afterwards at all. I was surprised at the minimal pain. Either my resistance is very high or others resistance is terribly low. I think it's the fear of pain; the anticipation of it that's the worst.
Old 26th August 2005

urhg.. dont even know if I've got em...probably...who knows...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search