The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Way are waves the most hated on plug-ins Plugin Bundles
Old 12th May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
I honestly don't understand the point of having to get a new iLok authorization every three months, even if it's free. It's a pain in the ass, it almost sounds like having a parole officer and you have to "check in" once in a while to make sure you're legit.
It's not something that you have to do, it's an option...and, to be fair to Waves, an option that they offer in direct response to all of the bitching and moaning about issues with lost/stolen iLoks that has happened over the years on forums like this. You have the option of renewing the license on your iLok every three months. That way, if you ever lose your iLok or it is stolen, you can get your licenses replaced because the ones on your missing iLok are rendered useless shortly thereafter. I'm not saying that the company is perfect by any means, but this is another example that dispells the myth that Waves never listens to their client base.

Quote:
In the last 7 years, UA has beaten Waves in EVERY single aspect two fx plugin companies could ever compete on... sound, value, marketing, business model, customer relations, customer support, emulation, results... The waves crowd is just incredibly jealous of their now VERY powerful adversary...
I wasn't aware that there were two different "crowds", or that Universal Audio is the "adversary" of Waves users.

Whether one company has "beaten" the other in any of those categories you mentioned is certainly debatable...some of Waves's recent releases are generally considered to be the best-sounding they've ever released, and those include several of their hardware emulation plugins. For somone running an extremely fast laptop I'd say that the Waves plugins are defintely a better value since there's not even an option from UA available at the moment. Same goes for someone who, say, wants to be able to move back and forth between two computers. And for the past few years prior to the release of the UAD2 card there was probably as much anti-UA stuff going around because of the amount of time it was taking them to get a new card to market as there is for Waves. And so on...

Oh, and please don't read the above paragraph as trying to show that Waves has "beaten" UA in any way. Just that what represents a good value to one person may not to the next.

As for the whole "jealousy" thing, where are these jealous people? I've certainly seen people who are arrogant about the plugins they choose to use, but if somone is jealous of another brand of plugins, why wouldn't they just go out and buy those plugins? There's nothing that says you have to be monogamous with this stuff.
Old 12th May 2009
Lives for gear

My dick is bigger than yours.

How about that?
Old 12th May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrytee View Post
If your getting hated on you must be doing something right!!!!!
People hate mosquitos. What are mosquitos doing right?
Old 13th May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
People hate mosquitos. What are mosquitos doing right?
Biting mother ****ers It may be unpleasant for you but the for a mosquito it's the only way, well until UAD get them a DSP plug & play blood-bank
Old 13th May 2009
Lives for gear

I dont think they are overpriced at all, considering what you get from them. WUP is not a TON of money, and it gives you the most recent versions, tech support etc. Ive upgraded myself into a corner though, as Diamond, JJP, studio classics, and GTR are about as much as I can use from them. There should be a way to consolidate the WUP as opposed to getting Mercury. I really have no use for the surround plugs, and thats the bulk of the upgrade for me.
Old 14th May 2009
Gear Guru

Waves is obsolete and their policies of recent years reveal their struggle to retain lost revenue and market share.

UA totally smashes Waves on all fronts. Just wait til Fatso and the Manley stuff comes out.
Old 14th May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
Glad you got rid of 'em
What does it prove?
Old 14th May 2009
RTR
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeper_6 View Post
They are Israeli, and they get hated on no matter what.
No..they get hated on because they are evil bastards that are the reason for most of the bad **** that happens here, they own the media and run this country, thats why everyone else hates us, because we kiss their ass...SO I THINK WAVES IS OK!!heh
Old 14th May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTR View Post
No..they get hated on because they are evil bastards that are the reason for most of the bad **** that happens here, they own the media and run this country, thats why everyone else hates us, because we kiss their ass...SO I THINK WAVES IS OK!!heh
Waves owns the media?!
That's news to me... surely you couldn't be going on an anti-semite rant right now could you?
Old 14th May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
UA totally smashes Waves on all fronts.
Apart from the mobility front at least - gotta give that one up.
Old 15th May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
That your dick is bigger than his?
Sorry, but I can't see what's the point you quoted my sig as well as your post above.
Old 15th May 2009
RTR
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia_nb View Post
Waves owns the media?!
That's news to me... surely you couldn't be going on an anti-semite rant right now could you?
YA..waves owns the media

And YES I WAS..sorry about that!!!
Old 15th May 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTR View Post
YA..waves owns the media

And YES I WAS..sorry about that!!!
just bustin your chops bro.
Old 16th May 2009
RTR
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia_nb View Post
just bustin your chops bro.
I know man, some day's I get so pissed over the way this world is going...You know what I mean!!
Old 1st April 2016
Here for the gear

Why does anyone want Waves these days?

Waves company is a rip off, they scam you over and over for re license fees or upgrade fees that are really bogus and only designed to make them more money on what you have already paid for. Sound familiar? If you need plug ins there are many great companies out there now that offer much better sounding plug ins and you will own the license for life! No bogus scam fees from now on! And instead of endless arguing to separate you from your money, these companies will be glad to help you free of charge. A real technical support division-not a scam artist department like Waves has created. Don't fall for the same old scam again...!
Old 8th January 2018
Gear Addict

why are they so cheap now?

I have no idea why they dont bring out a reasonable priced subscription as $49 per month is too steep IMO
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
One thing I love about FabFilter and Izotope and even Waves is that I can type in numerical values. It's easier on my disability.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search