The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Can't get a decent bass sound
Old 29th July 2005
Gear Head

Cool Can't get a decent bass sound

I've been trying to record my Fender MB5. Has the original strings on it. Sounds great while recording but when I play back it sounds like it's roaring. I think the problem is the strings. I've researched the sound with tools and found that there are a bunch of over tones playing when I pluck the strings. Very aggravating. I've cut that sucker about 6 times now. This last time I finally got a really good clear sound, but it's not like I want it to be. Maybe a new set of Dean Markley flat wound strings would do the trick. Anybody else get this problem?
Old 29th July 2005
Lives for gear

Get it setup properly - action, new strings, etc. Then monitor the output while recording so there are no suprises during playback.
Old 30th July 2005
Gear Head

Cool

Thanks Rob. That's the game plan. Went down to my local muisic shop to get some Dean Markley's but they were out. (Podunk Town I live in) So they ordered me a set.

The last cut I did sounds pretty good but still could use a little whupping up on.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search