The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The Blister Pack
Old 14th July 2005
Gear Maniac

The Blister Pack

Death to the man who invented the blister pack! I have found no good way of opening these things without scissors and destroying the packaging. Worst of all, I cut the crap out of my finger pulling the blisterpack apart.

I hate blister packs!
Old 14th July 2005
Gear Addict

Amen brother...

The guy who invented them should be first against the wall when the revolution comes!

Cheers
Tim
Old 18th July 2005
Lives for gear

Ugh; what a hellish device!
Old 18th July 2005
Gear Addict

It is actually my father in law.

It is that way for security. Just like anything else designed to deter thieves, it is always better at keeping honest people out of their own stuff.

Christmas time is always fun, everyone in the family hands these things to him to open. It is meant to be punishment, but he is really good at opening these things.
Old 18th July 2005
Gear Maniac

No Way! Thats too funny about Christmas, I would love to be a fly on the wall!
Old 18th July 2005
Gear Maniac

I never have a problem opening them, it's just a pain when the candy,gum,w/e goes flying to the floor, and you do the electric boogie to try and save it.
Old 18th July 2005
Lives for gear

Alright, let us limeys in on the hell....what's a blister pack?
Old 18th July 2005
Gear Addict

The most common things that are in them are batteries, lipstick, toys, memory chips, etc... It is a hard plastic package that is form fitted to the product inside. I'm sure you see them every day without knowing what they are called.
The higher the cost of the item, the harder it is to get them open. Scissors is the best way to do it.
Old 18th July 2005
Gear Maniac

I was under the impression that we were discussing the blister packs that gum and candies come in. My bad! Was I alone on this one?
Old 19th July 2005
Gear Addict

If you are talking about the ones where you pop the gum through the foil, that is a blister, but not the ones everyone complains about.
Old 20th July 2005

I hate blister packs too. A lot. I don't know why I haven't sliced my arms open with razor knives while opening blister packs yet. Sometimes scissors don't even work on the HD ones ya know.

Yeah. Blister packs suck.
Old 20th July 2005
Gear Nut

I used to work record retail when you could still buy some cd's in blister packs.

we'd get tons of returns due to people trashing their cd jewel cases in their vain attempts to get at their cd's. I dealt with one curmudgeon who managed to almost completely shatter his cd without being able to extract it from the blister pack. I have and image if him still smashing this thing in frustration.

funny thing is. made no difference to theft. the motivated shoplifter can be quite inventive. (I've seen way bigger things than that get lifted from a store- like a mac g4 cpu or rack gear screwed in the rack)

Jeff
Old 21st July 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkshort
funny thing is. made no difference to theft. the motivated shoplifter can be quite inventive. (I've seen way bigger things than that get lifted from a store- like a mac g4 cpu or rack gear screwed in the rack)

Jeff
A motivated thief will be able to extract money from an aroured truck. Most of the petty thieves are not that motavated but they account for a larger percentage of retail loss. If you stop the lazy folks, you've accomplished more than stopping the one guy that got the G4.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search