The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I'm losing touch with the music scene!
Old 24th September 2005
Gear Head

speaking of emo (and i don't mean fall out boy or dashboard) does anybody here like texas is the reason, or far?

it seems like most people trace emo in stages. like the first stage was embrace/fugazi (aka punks that got tired of screaming about politics and started screaming about their feelings), followed by slint/sunny day (slow brooding punks singing about their feelings), and then the jimmy eat world / weezer /get up kids stage. i cant stand the new stuff that's coming out past that. ugh.
Old 25th September 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfavila
speaking of emo (and i don't mean fall out boy or dashboard) does anybody here like texas is the reason, or far?

it seems like most people trace emo in stages. like the first stage was embrace/fugazi (aka punks that got tired of screaming about politics and started screaming about their feelings), followed by slint/sunny day (slow brooding punks singing about their feelings), and then the jimmy eat world / weezer /get up kids stage. i cant stand the new stuff that's coming out past that. ugh.
Good post, i was going to make a similar one!

I put the band "Hum" in there somewhere too.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search