The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Worst gear purchase?
Old 14th December 2017
Lives for gear

AKG Solid Tube.
Old 18th December 2017
Gear Nut

Pod HD500x no preset sounds good in studio mode.

Focusrite scarelett 18i20 the driver for the latency free mixing was unrelayable i was lukky that it dint crash when i had clients over. sold it for a steinberg ur824 it just works
Old 18th December 2017
Deleted User
Windows 10! From the minute I loaded my studio software onto it (software that had worked like a charm on Windows XP and Windows 7) I knew the stress-free life I had lived for so many years was over.
Old 18th December 2017
Lives for gear

Alesis 3630, no contest. I spent years thinking all compressors sounded like crap.
Old 27th December 2017
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRoy View Post
Alesis 3630, no contest. I spent years thinking all compressors sounded like crap.
I had one of those, too, and sold it a couple of years ago because I didn't think it was making any difference in my live mixes. Now that I know a lot more about how to use a compressor/limiter, I almost bought it back. However, this and many other comments about the 3630 have thoroughly convinced me not to.
Old 27th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Tom View Post
I had one of those, too, and sold it a couple of years ago because I didn't think it was making any difference in my live mixes. Now that I know a lot more about how to use a compressor/limiter, I almost bought it back. However, this and many other comments about the 3630 have thoroughly convinced me not to.
Still have mine. Haven't sold it cuz it's worth nothing. Just got an Art Pro VLA 2. Wow, what a difference. No pumping!
Old 4th January 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRoy View Post
Man, I f'd up so much stuff with those noise gates set too high....I get so mad when I listen to my early stuff because of that.....moon
Old 25th January 2018
Gear Nut

Morley ABC switch-box, worthless, well it did cost some money but after that, and useless, it makes groundloops hum/noise even with only one guitar and 1 amp , had to throw it in the garbage-dumpster and the problem went away, nevermore that crap, (no not the band).

OAO
Old 8th May 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyglover View Post
Black Lion AGB compressor.
why? what sucked about it in particular? I have a chance to pick one up for $400 but not sure if its worth it.
Old 9th May 2019
Lives for gear

- Yamaha AW-4416 The though of it still make me shudder, worst POS ever!

- Little Labs IBP and IBP Jr. Hype. Overcomplicated.

- Avantone Mixcubes Too expensive, mine were buzzing despite the seperate PSU. I'm been using s single Behritone now for years and great and totally reliable at about half the price.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search