The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Metric Halo are ********
Old 21st June 2005
Lives for gear

Metric Halo are ********

Why would you make Audio hardware that only Mac users can use.

How completely stupid.
Guess I won't be buying their gear when I upgrade my I/O.
Old 21st June 2005
Lives for gear

Following your own 'logic':

How completely stupid of you not to use Mac then. You are a ******.

Just trying to point out that your statement of Metric Halo being ******** cuz they're Mac only is rather pointless... It's a free market.
Old 21st June 2005
Mindreader

Because they heard about you on Gearslutz and decided to piss you off.
Old 21st June 2005
Lives for gear

I always found someting fishy about those guys, i can´t understand that too... halbeit i won´t buy (touch wood) anymore audio interfaces on the next years to come.
Hench did you notice the YAMAHA i88x??? it looks quite nice... DM2000 pres and converters... if i known before i´d bougth it instead of the FireFace. they are going for 399€ in germany.
Old 21st June 2005
Lives for gear

stop hench, you're embarrassing yourself.
Old 21st June 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henchman

How completely stupid.

Metric Halo is a singular noun.

I'm sorry but I always have a hard time taking people seriously when they say something like this.
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

When I was in grade school and junior high, one of my best friends had a brother with Down's Syndrome. People would use that word to be mean to him. Not sure how it applies to Metric Halo.
Old 22nd June 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:

How completely stupid.
SOS
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeltaM
Following your own 'logic':

How completely stupid of you not to use Mac then. You are a ******.

Just trying to point out that your statement of Metric Halo being ******** cuz they're Mac only is rather pointless... It's a free market.
Not when 97% of the computer market is PC.

Hell even Digi was smart enough to accept the fact that PC's have a lkerge enoug user base to make PT's for PC.
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

Talking Idio

Quote:
Not when 97% of the computer market is PC.
That 97% of the computer market is 100% dumb (as you put it).
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

which audio hardware can mac users only use, btw? I haven't caught what product it is..
Old 22nd June 2005
Gear Guru

Metric Halo is a great company. I'm happy to own two interfaces. Since I don't own now and never have a PC it doesn't bother me one iota.
Old 22nd June 2005
Gear Addict

He was talking about both of Metric Halo's converter/interface boxes, the ULN-2 and the 2882.

Somehow I doubt that this was just some new revelation and I also don't see a point for his rant about not considering one for his next interface.

By the way, I use my ULN2 with my powerbook and my PC in standalone mode, as it has excellent preamps and very good conversion and has digital I/O to connect to just about any interface.
Old 22nd June 2005
Gear Guru

I'm sorry. I meant to say I own to of their interfaces. Meaning specifically the 2882+dsp and the ULN-2. Phenomenal value, converters/pres.
Old 22nd June 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stag
I always found someting fishy about those guys, i can´t understand that too... halbeit i won´t buy (touch wood) anymore audio interfaces on the next years to come.
Hench did you notice the YAMAHA i88x??? it looks quite nice... DM2000 pres and converters... if i known before i´d bougth it instead of the FireFace. they are going for 399€ in germany.

Hey, can these converters be used as standalone? Can you post me a link where I can purchase on of these?

Thanks.
Old 22nd June 2005
Have you considered that maybe Hench is a shareholder in the company and concerned about corporate strategy?

Everyone's so fast to jump on that poor boy...

heh heh heh

BTW... Henchman may come off a bit troll-like sometimes, but take a look at his credits, sometime. He's not a wannabe.
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

metric halo kicks ass. no way around it.
Old 22nd June 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskay
Hey, can these converters be used as standalone? Can you post me a link where I can purchase on of these?

Thanks.

Yep, look a few posts above yours and I was talking about how I use my ULN-2 in standalone mode with my Mac and my PC.

I love it that I get great pres/converters and as well as a 2 channel interface with my powerbook. I usually just use it in standalone through s/pdif but I like that I can use it alone as well.

As far as new pricing goes, I think Scitscat has the best price going on the ULN-2.

http://www.scitscat.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id/375
Old 22nd June 2005
Gear Addict

Actually I was talking about the yamaha ix88, if it can be used as standalone!
Thanks.

eskay.
Old 22nd June 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1
Have you considered that maybe Hench is a shareholder in the company and concerned about corporate strategy?

heh heh heh

BTW... Henchman may come off a bit troll-like sometimes, but take a look at his credits, sometime. He's not a wannabe.

posting "********" comments.Thats wannabe..
When you make idiot statements ..you get flamed
...BTW blue1...I know plenty of opinionated trolls with loads of credits....
MUSIC credits.

Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskay

Thanks.
there goes a link: http://www.audiomidi.com/common/cfm/...t.cfm?pid=5280
There are more places to buy from. This one is the less expensive i found yet... use your search engine and do the hunting yourself too.
Perhaps i´ll purchase one of those, after all they seem to be given them away.
I heard that yamha has released a driver version that bypasses M-lan, wich is quite CPU hungry task, i think they have ADAT donnection, i don´t know if it´s possible to operate stan alone like the Fireface does.

Bye.
Old 22nd June 2005
Gear Maniac

Henchman,

Soundscape products are the way to go when you want similar technology for PC's. Look at their products at www.sydec.be !

Metric Halo is expensive. That's what they have in common with Mac. heh
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

Henchman runs a laptop, perhaps MOTU traveller is the best option but stil MOTU runs on PC barely, they really support well MAC.
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1

heh heh heh

you've been around just a few months and you want to go to bat for henchie? have you read his posts???

btw, music credits and post credits are very different things when it comes to representing how someone handles themselves in the studio IMO.
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:

How completely stupid.
This idiotic post is a classic example of Trolling - ie it serves no other purpose but to deliberately sow discontent and stir up an argument.
Not even worth replying to.

Ooops... darn!
Old 22nd June 2005

thats Henchman for you....
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:

How completely stupid.

This actually doesn't make sense to me; if you thought they were stupid, why would you even consider using their gear?
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pounce
metric halo kicks ass. no way around it.
Which is why I was looking at their interfaces, as I am looking for one.
Obviously they have the same attitude towardsPC users as most of the Mac users here.
Old 22nd June 2005
Gear Maniac

Why don't you just break down and by a mac? You make money. They are not THAT expensive. It's not like your buying a 3348. It's not like you won't fly on it close to instantly ..right?
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

the way I see it , it is allways a regrettable thing when something isn't compatible on both platforms. I've been saying for years we should grow towards each other, not away from each other.

Both platforms have they're pro's and con's and it's a useless discussion alltogether.

It's like mac going intell ... I welcome that decission with open arms. Maybe some day we'll actually be able to decide for ourselves which machine we buy, which OS we run on it, which hardware we attach to it. That cannot be a bad thing now can it ?

I've given up on PC versus Mac war debates a long time ago. I'm a mac user and I'm not even remotely considering to change and you know why ? First and above all because when I open up my mac OSX in the morning and look at the screen it makes me feel good. I like the looks, I like the interface, I like my mac. Whenever I have to reinstall the PC at home because either the kids have messed it up with their games or my wife reinstalled whatever messenger that isn't working anymore I get all cranky and in a bad mood. I'm not kidding. Merely the sound it makes when it opens up makes me puke. I hate XP and the way it looks and feels.

Does that mean it's a bad OS or platform ? No, on the contrary .... but I will not sit behind it or work on it as long as it doesn't allow me to run my beloved OSX on it. Simple as that realy.

Foolish ? .... yes I guess but I still won't change.

Choices are good .... if Metric Halo decided that they'll only have OSX compatibility then that's a sad thing for PC users and I feel for them.

God I'm glad I'm able to type this on a mac ....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search