The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Metric Halo are ********
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henchman
Not when 97% of the computer market is PC.

Hell even Digi was smart enough to accept the fact that PC's have a lkerge enoug user base to make PT's for PC.
Not every company's goal is world-domination. Metric Halo seems to be pretty happy with their small market niche and don't feel the urge to expand it all all. Sometimes small is better for a certain company.
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by recorderman
Why don't you just break down and by a mac? You make money. They are not THAT expensive. It's not like your buying a 3348. It's not like you won't fly on it close to instantly ..right?

I don't like wasting money on gear that I know I'll be replacing every year and a half or so.
I get everything and mor out of my PC.
I'm in the market for a better interface. Heard lot's of good things about the metric-halo.
Unfortunately, they are Mac snobs.
It's not that hard to make a driver.

I'm just glad the URS plug-ins are now available for PC. I'm demo-ing them. And will be buyign them when the demo runs out.
between the UAD's and the URS, I'm covered for comnpression and EQ.
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

What a lot of people do not realize is that programers are not cheap. Many companies are very small and can only support what they choose that fits into thier business requirements.
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
I don't like wasting money on gear that I know I'll be replacing every year and a half or so.
I get everything and mor out of my PC.
I'm in the market for a better interface. Heard lot's of good things about the metric-halo.
Unfortunately, they are Mac snobs.
It's not that hard to make a driver.

I'm just glad the URS plug-ins are now available for PC. I'm demo-ing them. And will be buyign them when the demo runs out.
between the UAD's and the URS, I'm covered for comnpression and EQ.
so Magix are PC snobs, right? Sony too.
Old 23rd June 2005
Gear Guru

To be fair, since I am just a little familiar with those guys, they have always fully intended to port over to PC, but they have ONE genius programmer. He's in effect Metric Halo. He's been striving to get it right on one platform first. Work out the bugs, whcih are pretty much done, and then expand on the functionality of the DSP and the boxes, including continuing development of Spectrafoo and Channel Strip. I know that PC is on the chalkboard, I just don't know how far down the list it is.
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryrobinett
To be fair, since I am just a little familiar with those guys, they have always fully intended to port over to PC, but they have ONE genius programmer. He's in effect Metric Halo. He's been striving to get it right on one platform first. Work out the bugs, whcih are pretty much done, and then expand on the functionality of the DSP and the boxes, including continuing development of Spectrafoo and Channel Strip. I know that PC is on the chalkboard, I just don't know how far down the list it is.
Well, untill then, I'll be using the Presonus Firebox I picked up today. I was looking for something compact, decent mic-pre's and enough outputs to do 5.1 when I'm cutting SFX and premixing at home.
The firbox has it all.
As fars as my PC\ laptop, it can do 45 URS N Eq's before it hit's 50% of the PC usage.

More than adequate untill the Dualcore laptops get released.
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew

btw, music credits and post credits are very different things when it comes to representing how someone handles themselves in the studio IMO.
I agree. But untill you've worked with me you have no idea what I'm like working with a client.
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
I agree. But untill you've worked with me you have no idea what I'm like working with a client.
let's just hope your forum etiquette is not an indicator because my clients would eat you alive if it were.
Old 23rd June 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
let's just hope your forum etiquette is not an indicator because my clients would eat you alive if it were.

Ditto
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:

You could apply that to most people.
Old 24th June 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labs
You're all ********, and my clients would leave their stinking coffee mugs in your controlrooms !!

Top THAT.

Gustav

Old 8th July 2005
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Lambrechts
Merely the sound it makes when it opens up makes me puke.
HA!

i feel your pain.
Old 23rd May 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryrobinett
Thats correct - as far as I know, MH has ONE programmer to deal with the coding for their hardware and software like Channel Strip.
I think constant changes to the main operating system of Mac over the last few years have kept him busy.
I'm sure they'd like to supply PC drivers, but I guess there's only so much which is humanly possible to achieve,
Like the post above sez there's nothing I've ever seen (I'm on the MH mailing list which people from the company participate in almost daily) which suggests MH is in any way 'against' PC, they've always given the impression they want to make PC drivers,
I think its a workoad issue.
Old 23rd May 2006
MDM
Gear Addict

Metric Halo = great gear, great folks, great sound

PC's suck anyway
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM
Metric Halo = great gear, great folks, great sound

PC's suck anyway
This is a stubit thread to reply to (why am I doing this??), but I must say you people that says PC's suck, has never been in touch with my PCs. They work very well, I have complete control over how it looks, and It's all very stable. It does everything I ask it to do without hesitation. And I can use Wavelab .

MH should either cancel their supposedly TBA PC-drivers, or finally get their finger out and make the drivers.
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

Or maybe you could upgrade to the apogee ensamble, oh wait, maybe not

You say that 97% use windows, I think not all of them (everybody with a computer)uses it as a DAW.
Old 23rd May 2006
MDM
Gear Addict

http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

i must admit i do know some great people who make amazing music using pc's - still, I think these movies are very funny, and also, that MACs are just more classy, more user-friendly, less buggy, more comfortable, much better designed, hipper, cooler and more professional than PC's ...

but that's just a one man's opinion
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

metric halo "is" ********, not "are" ********. just some grammar help for ya.
Old 24th May 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Lambrechts
Whenever I have to reinstall the PC at home because either the kids have messed it up with their games or my wife reinstalled whatever messenger that isn't working anymore I get all cranky and in a bad mood. I'm not kidding. Merely the sound it makes when it opens up makes me puke. I hate XP and the way it looks and feels.
Wow and I thought I was the only one. Kids, wife, puke.....etc...all cranky and in a bad mood....well I think I can out do you there.....
Old 24th May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshelevator
metric halo "is" ********, not "are" ********. just some grammar help for ya.
unless he's from England. home of the english language and all...

which would also explain his mac-hostility. they're so expensive over there!

would also explain the use of the word "********", they're not so touchy about being politically correct.... AHHH, Vancouver! grey area.
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey

would also explain the use of the word "********", they're not so touchy about being politically correct.... AHHH, Vancouver! grey area.

well ill be darned. i didn't know that "are" was the way to go over in the uk. you learn something new. i was also going to suggest "metric halos" (with an s) are ******** as proper english. carry on.
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
"Metric Halo are developmentally disabled"

??

heh
Old 24th May 2006
Gear Guru

I t'ink some folk needs to go back and study them some English grammar the 'merican way.
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

firepod is the poor mans neve
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:

ricey, you are wrong i'm afraid. i just couldn't believe that the word "are" could be correct so i took some time out of my busy schedule and did some research. after countless hours, pouring over grammar books in the nyc public library, i remembered that i have a friend who could take care of this for us. he is english and is a copy editor for a major newspaper in nyc. he's worked worldwide doing this for over a decade and knows the king's english well. as i suspected, he tells me that "is" is the only way to go with the singular. if hench had said "the people at metric halo" or "metric halos", you'de be fine. Jules, can we get a grammar section going here.
Old 24th May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshelevator
ricey, you are wrong i'm afraid. i just couldn't believe that the word "are" could be correct so i took some time out of my busy schedule and did some research. after countless hours, pouring over grammar books in the nyc public library, i remembered that i have a friend who could take care of this for us. he is english and is a copy editor for a major newspaper in nyc. he's worked worldwide doing this for over a decade and knows the king's english well. as i suspected, he tells me that "is" is the only way to go with the singular. if hench had said "the people at metric halo" or "metric halos", you'de be fine. Jules, can we get a grammar section going here.

ok, i'll take your word on that... i do seem to remember this coming up in another thread, that groups or corporations with singular names are still referred to in the plural over the pond. may have read that on Sonikmatter, which is a Logic forum.

Logic - another ******** product, haha...
but anyway - how ARE mac prices in BC compared to the US?
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM
http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

i must admit i do know some great people who make amazing music using pc's - still, I think these movies are very funny, and also, that MACs are just more classy, more user-friendly, less buggy, more comfortable, much better designed, hipper, cooler and more professional than PC's ...

but that's just a one man's opinion

Well, not everyone needs a piece of computer hardware to give them an identity.
Old 24th May 2006
MDM
Gear Addict

come again?
Old 24th May 2006
Gear Guru

I gotta say in english or 'merican it would be "is".
Old 24th May 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Which is why I was looking at their interfaces, as I am looking for one.
Obviously they have the same attitude towardsPC users as most of the Mac users here.
This makes it seem like you think that MH is out to get pc users; like it's a personal offront rather than a business decision.

Quote:
Well, not everyone needs a piece of computer hardware to give them an identity.
Then you say this. ???? This reads like your hardware given identity is one of the unfairly treated masses of pc users??

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search