The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
expensive dressing??
Old 17th June 2005
Lives for gear

Angry expensive dressing??

Men, I just pay twice the price of this: http://www.behringer.com/CT100/index.cfm?lang=ENG
for this: http://www.ebtechaudio.com/swizzdes.html

...to me they look the F#[email protected]^ing same!?
sorry for the rant...now I feel a bit better
Old 17th June 2005
Lives for gear

Don't feel bad; You bought an excellent product from a reputable manufacturer. The look-alike product is from a manufacturer with a long history of ripping off or reverse-engineering others' designs. The one you bought will still be working long after you would've replaced the other.

Good on ya!
Old 17th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcatdigi
Don't feel bad; You bought an excellent product from a reputable manufacturer. The look-alike product is from a manufacturer with a long history of ripping off or reverse-engineering others' designs. The one you bought will still be working long after you would've replaced the other.

Good on ya!
Thanks Casey thumbsup
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

That "B" thing it´s the only thing I´ve got from them and it´s very usefull and it works !!!!
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

This is getting to the point where it really isn't funny...

I'm not sure people who don't work in the hardware industry always see this point, but ripping off the designs of others costs us all in the long run. If financiers consider that a product is destined to be ripped-off, they are unlikely to provide funding for the venture... By definition, it is usually the small, independent OEMs that break new ground, and obviously, they are the ones least able to afford court proceedings to protect their IP.

Uli Beh is truly a morally bankrupt person... I only wish I could afford the time to set up some kind of "protest site" to shame the company... His ripoffs run into TENS of pieces now.

Check this link: "He's an unbelievable thief..." (scroll down).

Joke all you like about Uli, but his presence in the audio industry does no-one any favours at all. As previously stated in the thread, Beh's units are "false economy" - after a short time people realise they would've been better off spending the extra on the original (akin to those "value" lines you see in the supermarket - the cheesecake is half price, yet contains far less than half the ingredients of the premium cake).

If anyone wants to register "Behringersucks.com" I'd be pleased to supply comparisons. We had a thread here recently where all kinds of Beh copies came out of the woodwork....

Justin

PS - If anyone from Roland reads this, we're behind you all the way!
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

Oh yeah, the ebtech cable tester sounds better than the "B". Come on, sure it´s gonna be a better unit but for testing cables ?
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by espasonico
Oh yeah, the ebtech cable tester sounds better than the "B". Come on, sure it´s gonna be a better unit but for testing cables ?
You're right in part, i.e. it's a cable tester, not a compressor. But the bottom line is Beh are trading off the Ebtech look. Ebtech make an industry-standard unit, so Beh copied it...

How would you feel if you had spent years of work establishing Ebtech as your company? Would you be happy about it?

(I'm not trying to start an argument here)

Justin
Old 22nd June 2005
Gear Maniac

http://www.behringer.com/03_behringer/ear.cfm?lang=ENG

Scroll down to see satan and his minions

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search