The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
bad vendor, bad!
Old 17th June 2005
Here for the gear

bad vendor, bad!

guitareffectspedals.com

Bought a pedal from them, first received an email saying US Mail, 3-4 days. This was the 9th - got it today, the 17th. Whatever. Little things, but...

It arrived with both tubes shattered to pieces. I give them a call, and the guy tells me it's not their responsibility - I need to send it to the manufacturer on my own penny to get it fixed.

I call the manufacturer, of course they're shocked...but obviously they can't do much but whatever they would under warranty.

So if I buy a refridgerator from Sears and it arrives in my kitchen broken - according to guitareffectspedals.com, I should box it up myself, carry it downstairs, bring it to fedEx, send it to Frigidaire for $500, and wait for a new one????

Appalling. Buyer Beware.
Old 20th June 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralman
guitareffectspedals.com

Bought a pedal from them, first received an email saying US Mail, 3-4 days. This was the 9th - got it today, the 17th. Whatever. Little things, but...

It arrived with both tubes shattered to pieces. I give them a call, and the guy tells me it's not their responsibility - I need to send it to the manufacturer on my own penny to get it fixed.

I call the manufacturer, of course they're shocked...but obviously they can't do much but whatever they would under warranty.

So if I buy a refridgerator from Sears and it arrives in my kitchen broken - according to guitareffectspedals.com, I should box it up myself, carry it downstairs, bring it to fedEx, send it to Frigidaire for $500, and wait for a new one????

Appalling. Buyer Beware.
Thanks for the heads up of another vendor to avoid. Isn't it funny how, even with such a large global market, only a handful of vendors are worth a ****.
Old 20th June 2005
Lives for gear

Sorry to hear that.

www.musictoyz.com is great IMO.

Andi

www.doorknocker.ch
Old 20th June 2005
500 series nutjob

that sucks
hate to hear of such things.
can they at least they supply you the needed paper work to file a insurance claim with the shipper.
just a thought.
Old 24th June 2005
Lives for gear

One of the problems is that a lot of those pedal efx makers are small, so they need to make just about every sale they can, which means that they'll let anyone be a 'dealer'. That would seem to make it pretty important to buy stomp boxes and such from known and reputable sources. This guy looks like he's taken a lateral step from having an Ebay store.

Hopefully the manufacturer will be embarrassed enough by this guy to help you out. And luckily, if you're talking about a couple of 12AX7's or something, you won't be out a fortune if you have to buy them yourself. Sure makes any discount a moot point, though.
Old 28th June 2005
Gear Addict

I just dropped them the following e-mail:

Quote:
"guitareffectspedals.com

It arrived with both tubes shattered to pieces. I give them a call, and the guy tells me it's not their responsibility - I need to send it to the manufacturer on my own penny to get it fixed."

Quote located in this thread: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/the-moan-zone/35550-bad-vendor-bad.html

I will never purchase a pedal from you.

Thank you...

peace
Thanks for the heads up bud.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search