The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Godin guitars sent me an "F" ??
Old 6th December 2008
Lives for gear

Godin guitars sent me an "F" ??

5 years ago I sent my Godin to repairs for faulty Piezo and during shipping it was busted in two by UPS, clearly Godins fault and they gave a replacement voucher.
I wait two months and my NEW guitar arrives with a note "We went ahead and upgraded you to a High gloss"
So years go on,
I go to trade it in for the 2009 and they tell me its a ****ing factory second!
a HUGE letter "F" stamped on the serial number. FLAW?
Why did godin send me a guitar like that?
Why would a company want to do this?

All I can think of is putting this guitar for sell and buying a Tailor and never going Godin again.
by by godin you mean spirited company.

Over the years I HAVE learned to just STFU and play your guitar even if its damaged but its like I was slighted by Godin.
I think you can screw with a man but don't mess with his car, his dog, his woman and especially his acoustic guitar!
Old 9th December 2008
Gear Maniac

Sorry to hear! I ordered one a week ago. now I know what to look for when it arrives. will keep you posted.

Kinda glad you didn't just STFU
Old 9th December 2008
Lives for gear

Even though it's been a few years, I'd call up their main office and talk to their sales dept or marketing. To be sent a 'flawed' instrument is totally unacceptable and since you just found out now, they might do something about it. If you don't get the answer you want, go up higher. Companies like this should have a CS Dept.
Old 9th December 2008
Lives for gear

this is what they said, I guess im ok for that answer I got. Im not really thrilled though.,

Hi,

F or factory second guitars have minor cosmetic flaws (like a scratch on the
finish, a discolored binding...etc). Our factory second guitars NEVER have
structural defects.
We probably didn't have your model in stock when we had to re-ship a second
guitar, and that's probably why a factory second was shipped. It saved an 12
week delivery delay (that's the shipping delay when we don't have a model in
stock).
Any used guitar that's been played for more than an hour would qualify as a
factory second (because a guitar's finish always get scratched). So the fact
that your guitar was originally a factory second should have no impact on it's
re-sale or trade-in value.
Regards,

Godin Guitars
Godin Guitars
Old 9th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay- View Post
Yeah right!!! ON WHAT PLANET?
Old 10th December 2008
Gear Maniac

Did they ask you if you minded waiting the 12 weeks for your model? If not, I wouldn't be satisfied with their response - that's your choice to make, not theirs. It would be completely different if they asked if you'd prefer a factory second (explaining what they explained in their response to you) with no wait or the new guitar you paid for in 12 weeks.
Old 10th December 2008
Lives for gear

I waited about 12 weeks for the replacement,

something is a huge dispatch with the customer and Godin.
They dont have any customer service at all its handled by the retailer so usually "Some guy" that works there 4 months then splits to the factory or what ever.

I am/was satisfied with the guitar, yes it has a chip out on the finish where during factory setup the wrench dug into the pocket where the neck rod adjustment is at.

sounds/plays perfect
resell or trade in? lesser then ID imagine because Id take full photo and disclose to buyer on ebay of damage.
Old 11th December 2008
It's still the principle of it.

And remind them that they did not disclose the guitar as a factory second. Fraud is a pretty strong word and usually catches an ear.
Old 12th December 2008
Gear Maniac

Got mine, It's easy to play and the synth controller is great
Old 12th December 2008
Lives for gear

i'd be sending that back, because their attitude and the tone of that email stinks...

at least try to speak to someone higher up on the food chain?
Old 4 weeks ago
I just bought a used Godin Multiac so as not to have to mess around with a GK-2 anymore, and it has problems with the electronics ( which, for me is not a problem, electronics is part of my education).
I am not as impressed with it as I was the first time I played a Godin acoustic electric hears ago.
I bought this Godin also as a test guitar, if I had good experiences with it I intended to shell out some bucks for a Godin acoustic electric and an electric.

Sadly, I am not impressed. The guitar is ok, certainly not worth a grand. It is a nylone string with a bolt on neck, I had to shim the neck because it does not fit in the pocket at the right angle, as well as I had to use about a 1/4" shim to get the neck up high enough for the action to be reasonable.
Which, that is no big deal.
BUT...... when I got online to find a number for tech support I cannot find one. All I can find is a generic contact number.
I also cannot find tech support for it online.
That is what REALLY doesn't impress me. Damned if I'll buy a new instrument from a company that I have to root around like a wart hog rooting for truffles to find answers to basic tech questions.

I'm glad I got this old one that I need some tech info on before buying a new one.

The most important thing I expect with expensive instruments is a phone number for support, companies that do not offer that are typically not to be trusted to back their **** up.

One company I had great tech support from is the company that manufactures and sells Supro amps. I bought a Supro Comet a couple of weeks ago, had no problem finding a number and didn't need to go through phone hell to get some info about the amp before buying ( being a bit tech minded, I want to know things about the design of my music gear before purchase.
The dude I talked with, 3 different times, was very knowledgeable and precise about the questions I asked him.

Godin---boooo
Supro---hooorah!~
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay- View Post
this is what they said, I guess im ok for that answer I got. Im not really thrilled though.,

Hi,

F or factory second guitars have minor cosmetic flaws (like a scratch on the
finish, a discolored binding...etc). Our factory second guitars NEVER have
structural defects.
We probably didn't have your model in stock when we had to re-ship a second
guitar, and that's probably why a factory second was shipped. It saved an 12
week delivery delay (that's the shipping delay when we don't have a model in
stock).
Regards,

Godin Guitars
Godin Guitars
If there was any doubt in my decision to avoid new Godins prior to reading this, there certainly is no doubt after.
I think I now realize why they haven't a phone number for customer service or tech support on their web site.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I've got two Godins. A multiac and a glissentar. Both play and sound great. they have have lots of dings, but I did them all. I was thinking about getting a steel string and five string fretless.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammiedodger666 View Post
I've got two Godins. A multiac and a glissentar. Both play and sound great. they have have lots of dings, but I did them all. I was thinking about getting a steel string and five string fretless.
If you do, and in the process find a phone number for some tech support, please feel free to pass it on.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockledge View Post
if you do, and in the process find a phone number for some tech support, please feel free to pass it on.
1-514-457-7977
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammiedodger666 View Post
1-514-457-7977
Thank you very much.
I will be calling that number when I get around to working on the Multiac again.
I have numerous questions for them.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockledge View Post
Thank you very much.
I will be calling that number when I get around to working on the Multiac again.
I have numerous questions for them.
No problem. I noticed that's been the way to go with lots of companies anymore. They don't want you calling them.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search