The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Abroad purchasing
Old 22nd March 2003
Lives for gear

Abroad purchasing

Received customs bill today from shipping company in Germany related to a gear purchase made in USA.

This time I checked numbers a bit more closely.
Shipping, duty&tax add 1/3 amount of the gears price. ( 775.00$ becoming 1057.86 )
Alternatively you could buy from importers ( if they have it in stock ), have better guarantee or repair conditions, but count with ~ 1/2 price extra charge instead.

Either way is just pure ripping off.

In general I would say the US are a shopping paradise for electronics. Another reason for to envy you guys over there, apart from the great countrysides.

Ruphus
Old 23rd March 2003
Lives for gear

I do not take any of my gear purchases for granted...
Old 23rd March 2003
Lives for gear

Being no native speaker I understand the words but can´t grasp its meaning in this case.
But I guess you are aware of nice pricing enjoyable over there on most sorts of gear and in your special case I guess there are even much more ways to a bargain.

Anyway, I certainly wouldn´t grudge anybody for better opportunities ( just as if theoretically once profiting myself ), rather than being annoyed about these stupid tax and custom politics sticking on ones purse like spilled chewing gum on heels.

Apart of all that one certain typical in our economical ways would be appearing counterproductive to me, anyways.
The fact that money comes to money like following the principle in Mark Twain´s The Million Pound Bank Note.

A lousy paradoxum. The more cash you have the less you need to pay.

Ruphus

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search