The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
HILARiOUS Guitar Center Recording Department "Encounter" Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 8th September 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDS View Post
If I go to buy a new car and ask about the engine, it is ok for the salesman to not know enough information that would persuade me to buy the car?
Exactly! I totally met this doofus when I was looking for a new car the other day. I went on the VW lot, and was like, "Hi. I'd like to buy this Jetta. Can you tell me the precise metallurgical composition of the transmission synchro assembly, and perhaps construct a representative molecular model out of these?"

Dude was totally at a loss. I just laughed and walked out after taking a free doughnut.
Old 8th September 2008
Lives for gear

On another note:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDS View Post
Retail Zip® - Coming September 2008 www.retailzip.com
Very cool. Lots of integrations. Will you have an API for programmatic collations, i.e if one wanted to do serverside zip creation?
Old 9th September 2008
CDS
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbrown View Post
On another note:

Very cool. Lots of integrations. Will you have an API for programmatic collations, i.e if one wanted to do serverside zip creation?
Thanks,

But no API, though we are contemplating the best way to move forward with that... There are allot of IP and trade secrets in play.
Old 9th September 2008
Gear Nut

HILARiOUS
Old 11th September 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbrown View Post
Exactly! I totally met this doofus when I was looking for a new car the other day. I went on the VW lot, and was like, "Hi. I'd like to buy this Jetta. Can you tell me the precise metallurgical composition of the transmission synchro assembly, and perhaps construct a representative molecular model out of these?"

Dude was totally at a loss. I just laughed and walked out after taking a free doughnut.
I was so impressed by your idea I had to try it. To my suprise not only did the salesman pull it off, he told me of his successful recreation of the origin of the universe at his previous job at Cern. Now he was ready for a more challenging position at VW. Needless to say I now drive a passat.
Old 14th March 2009
Lives for gear

Wow, this is an old thread, but im pretty sure you were both wrong.

::

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search