The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitar Center after hours meet 'n greet, YES! Condenser Microphones
Old 18th August 2008
Guitar Center after hours meet 'n greet, YES!

Anyone else have a GC like the magnificent establishment in Albany NY? If you don't, you should seriously consider moving!

Got invited to the exclusive after hours shindig tonight. Great to hob-nob with my fellow wizards, spent the $20 gift certificate on a few insert cables, and then won an EV 767a vocal mic in the drawing!

And learned a thing or two from Nick, the Mogami rep on hand. Nice little demonstration of cables stripped down to the core, so you can see what all the hype looks like in a scientific way.

Thanks to Chris, Adrian and Andy back in pro audio-- you guys rock.

I'm Joel Patterson, and I approved this message....
Old 18th August 2008
Smile

jesus fukkin christ, joel...........they GOT you??..

...no, not GUITAR center.........

nooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

glad you had a good time - tell those m*therfukkers they can kiss my white ass....

just jokin' - sort of......useless bastards...at least you got a MIC...

....now RUUUUUUUUUUUuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Old 18th August 2008
Lives for gear

i thot it was jus me!! GC is startin to get rite wak!!
Old 18th August 2008
(Can I become an endorsee? I bet if I talked to the right people...)
Old 18th August 2008
Lives for gear

I got the $20 gift card in the mail saturday, and I'm certainly nobody special. I think everybody's getting them. Mine's valid only next weekend.. I think I'll pick up a tab book or something. Pretty cool unexpected surprise, especially considering the card can be used on it's own (Not just valid on purchase of $XXX or more).

I still detest that place, but apparently they don't feel the same about me.
Old 18th August 2008
Lives for gear

how much they paying you to post this thread? Oh yea... $20.

was it worth it?
Old 18th August 2008
Ah, the chorus of cynics that will only grow louder...

Pretty ambivalent myself, all in all, if can become an endorsee for the Guitar Center Truth And Reconciliaton Commission, I'll do that too.

Odd co-incidence... I ran into a guy in the parking lot who was bringing in a few guitars to pawn.... he ended up getting a pretty sweet trade-in on those, and then he won an amp! Something in the air, last night, no doubt...
Old 18th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTempest View Post
I got the gift card and threw it away, fk them
I think the best way to "fk them" would be to spend the gift card and nothing more. Who doesn't need some free accessories?
Old 18th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by christmasjones View Post
how much they paying you to post this thread? Oh yea... $20.

was it worth it?
Boo hoo. Someone didn't get a gift card. Want mine?
Old 18th August 2008
Lives for gear

crap.... now I want mine... I need some sticks.
Old 18th August 2008
Lives for gear

Sell you one for $15... great deal!!!hehheh
Old 18th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopQuantum View Post
Boo hoo. Someone didn't get a gift card. Want mine?
Old 18th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sell you one for $15... great deal!!
Because of their new Integrity Pricing™ and the fact that the only thing I'd use it on would be sticks, cables, or accessories of some sort, I'd put its value to me at about $7.65...
Old 18th August 2008
Integrity Pricing?
Old 19th August 2008
Gear Addict

I used mine for rack screws, a set of guitar strings and a Mix magazine. I had a couple of bucks left on the card but I just told the GC salesman to keep the change.

-Rich
Old 19th August 2008
Lives for gear

Why was this put in the Moan zone?
Old 19th August 2008
Lives for gear

there is nothing wrong with GC pro...
Old 19th August 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube World View Post
Why was this put in the Moan zone?
Nobody would believe me if I posted it in the Good News Forum.
Old 19th August 2008
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopQuantum View Post
Sell you one for $15... great deal!!!hehheh
lol...$12.50...lol

Old 19th August 2008
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelpatterson View Post
Nobody would believe me if I posted it in the Good News Forum.
that's hilarious, joel - you beat them at their own game...

Old 19th August 2008
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilWave View Post
Integrity Pricing?
anything with GC and integrity in the same sentence,

...has to be spoken by someone smoking some serious thai stick...

Old 19th August 2008
Lives for gear

Stopped in G.C. sometime ago to buy a few accessories. The rep I normally talk with said I had just missed Rupert Neve giving a demo of his new gear. that morning.

I did get to go to a show G.C. put on were a got to play around with the SSL AWS900. met and talk with Russ Berger and his wife. Real down to earth people. There were a few other people at this event... Roger Nichols, Wunder Audio, etc etc
Old 19th August 2008
Lives for gear

I don't see what the big deal is. How often do retailers give you $20 with no catch? It's not like you had to spend $50 to get $20 off. They're just giving you $20 and you're finding a reason to complain. Sorry, that's just really lame on your part.

Hell, I hate Walmart. But if they gave me $20 with no catch, I would spend it. I understand the constant bashing of GC, but you're actually bashing someone for giving you $20 dollars. I'm sorry, but you're petty and you're taking the low road.

Our store had the PRS rep demoing guitars, the Akai rep demoing MPC's for the customers. We had a giveaway at my store and the atmosphere was great. It's a real shame that a lot of you that are bad mouthing it didn't go. It kind of encompassed all that things that many of you complain that GC lacks.

Like I said earlier, there's a lot of truth to many past complaints that many of you have had about the service that you have gotten at GC, but the fact that you would bash GC for having a customer appreciation night is just baffling. So let me get this straight. You hold a grudge against GC, but when the people that work there hold an event to tell their customers thanks you still bash them? That doesn't make any sense. Go kick a puppy or something if you're going to be so hateful. Seriously.
Old 19th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexarametric View Post
I don't see what the big deal is. How often do retailers give you $20 with no catch? It's not like you had to spend $50 to get $20 off. They're just giving you $20 and you're finding a reason to complain. Sorry, that's just really lame on your part.

Hell, I hate Walmart. But if they gave me $20 with no catch, I would spend it. I understand the constant bashing of GC, but you're actually bashing someone for giving you $20 dollars. I'm sorry, but you're petty and you're taking the low road.

Our store had the PRS rep demoing guitars, the Akai rep demoing MPC's for the customers. We had a giveaway at my store and the atmosphere was great. It's a real shame that a lot of you that are bad mouthing it didn't go. It kind of encompassed all that things that many of you complain that GC lacks.

Like I said earlier, there's a lot of truth to many past complaints that many of you have had about the service that you have gotten at GC, but the fact that you would bash GC for having a customer appreciation night is just baffling. So let me get this straight. You hold a grudge against GC, but when the people that work there hold an event to tell their customers thanks you still bash them? That doesn't make any sense. Go kick a puppy or something if you're going to be so hateful. Seriously.
Wow... hard to argue with that...good post, undeniable logic. Tell you what, I'll sell YOU my card for $10. heh
Old 19th August 2008
Lives for gear

::kicks puppy::
Old 19th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexarametric View Post
Thanks for the common sense bexarametric, we need that around here sometimes... but who will think of the puppies?!

Old 19th August 2008
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdjice View Post
there is nothing wrong with GC pro...
I disagree... I contacted them when we were putting $10k - 15k into the studio. I got a call from a guy (cannot remember who but I bet I can look it up) who said he was out of town and when he got back to his office he'd call me up and we'd look at what they could do.

He never called and I don't chase gear "pimps."
Old 19th August 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Talbot View Post
There is in Nashville.
EVERYONE will get their chance to testify in front of the G.C.T.& R.C., I just need to find some long black robes, white powdered wigs and some corporate sponsorship. Best Buy, I'm thinking....
Old 20th August 2008
Lives for gear

Well I have no problem in Houston. Ron is very helpful
Old 20th August 2008
Here for the gear

Thanks for the positive feedback! Joel, thanks for spending some time with us at your GC and thanks for sharing your experiences here. I'm sorry to hear, and honestly scratching my head a bit, about the fact that some of you found our gesture to be lacking integrity. We genuinely appreciate customers' loyalty. And no, everybody did not get these gift cards. We offered the cards as genuine thanks to customers with whom we've built lasting relationships. I'm glad to hear that some of you are taking advantage of them. Our intention was simply to give something back to you, not sweep any problems under the rug. And I've never even heard of "integrity pricing." Again, thanks for the feedback, whether positive or negative. We're listening, and we take your comments seriously. You guys in web communities like gearslutz are the gear experts, and we'd love to help you find the gear you need. Hopefully the extended hours and gift cards will help you do just that. Feel free to hit me up if you have any concerns you'd like share. Thanks!

Mark
[email protected]
[email protected]
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search