The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Why most recording engineers suck... Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 4th August 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackened View Post
Come on James... you appear smarter than that. You represent the studio where you work at. I work at a studio, and so do I. I'm starting to think you and I could be friends! A matter of fact... why do you take such offense to anything I said? It's really not like I was referring to you in my original post!
Point taken.

It's a surprising change of attitude, but a welcome one. I don't think I have anything further to say on this subject.

Have a good one man. You have my cell number, give me a call whenever about whatever.
Old 4th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Have to say the initially marvellous spectacle has now peaked for me and is rapidly dropping into undignified travesty all round.......

The comedy level early on was of great quality, but come on guys........ship's taking in water, it's definitely going down and only whoever has the biggest need to be the captain will go with it..........
I love the pirate/titanic symbolism.

"Jack....wake up jack...why did you post in blackened's thread so much...JACK, WAKE UP!!"
Old 4th August 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonCarlston View Post
I love the pirate/titanic symbolism.

"Jack....wake up jack...why did you post in blackened's thread so much...JACK, WAKE UP!!"
Back to the comedy....like it lol heh
Old 4th August 2008

Quote:
Come on James... you appear smarter than that. You represent the studio where you work at. I work at a studio, and so do I. I'm starting to think you and I could be friends! A matter of fact... why do you take such offense to anything I said? It's really not like I was referring to you in my original post!

Listen man, most of these posts are a joke. Some are serious. Some make good points. The studio scene is a drag these days because of this type of ****. The whole music scene is **** these days on top of that. So, I hope this thread has taught some disrespectful people that the artist is at your mercy and bands should get their money's worth.

Remember, the post was called "Why most recording engineers suck..."

And now we know why.

Julian

MySpace.com - Blackened Heart - Dallas, Texas - Metal / Metal / Metal - www.myspace.com/blackenedheart
much more civilised..... And bands should get their money's worth - more profound than ya think!!
Old 4th August 2008
Gear Guru

F***ing hell.....what?....no more posts?? Cleared the deck in one???

Jack, wake up, just one more cough from yer filling lungs before you slide away....please.....
Old 4th August 2008

piss?
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
I work at a studio, and so do I.
Believe me, I know the feeling.
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

"....wakes from nap..... realizes it was all a dream......goes to take a piss and get a cup of coffee.....moves on with life...."
Old 4th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
F***ing hell.....what?....no more posts?? Cleared the deck in one???

Jack, wake up, just one more cough from yer filling lungs before you slide away....please.....

*gurgle...AHEM cough cough* bl...blackened...you had me at hello..... *DArrrrrrrghhh.....*

(silence)
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

Every dream has to have an end.
Sadly
Old 4th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
SO YOU GUYS WANNA GO DOWN?!!?! DOWN INTO THE DEPTHS OF SODOM??? stikestikestike -Blackened
flol
Old 4th August 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
*gurgle...AHEM cough cough* bl...blackened...you had me at hello..... *DArrrrrrrghhh.....*

(silence)

Haven't laughed so much over a thread since I read phillysoulman type about 'hey, mufukka, give me some of dat dere akkus' (reverb!) in the 'a rapper called' thread.....lol
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk106 View Post
lol ... cynicism is a poor substitute for intelligence

So he made a post, very likely in anger and not all thought through. I do that sometimes, you do that sometimes, everybody does that sometimes. So, what's the big deal about this?

He says that's what he feels about things, and most people have no problems with anyone saying he feels differently and retorts to that - even agressively.

But what most find utterly amusing, is someone who can't make a valid point back to his accusations - if you could, you would - but instead does exactly the same he did: spends notable time and effort to "compose" a mockery of someone who you obviously feel is such a total waste of time in the first place; really legitimizing his accusations. Don't tell us you don't care And then sit there thinking to yourself that you're so above him, being all sarcastic about it too :D

That is low. It's lower than him. Most people learned to identify and lost the respect for people with that sort of cynic double standard BS at 15 years old. So "nickynicknick" was right, you did make yourself look bad, you definitely proved to alot here that you don't belong among the higher ranks. Without long and good experience in cool self-examination, you won't have gained the usefulness for demanding tasks
Its called sarcasm!!

James was making light of the possiblity of blackened being a guess mod. Which I find belly splittingly ROTLMFAO funny.

James made no mention of the "music" on blackened myspace.

Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

Well, I personally consider it an honor, mr. blackened, that you would so deign to put me on your blackened list, that is to say, your blacklist.

I feel like a metal god just by association.

\m/ \m/
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

Page after page after page of posts, and nobody has answered the question that has been driving me up the wall: WHAT DID HE WIN???

Really, you know, on posts like these, you should at least identify the prize. Sheesh...
Old 4th August 2008
Of course the punchline to the story is Blackened and I just talked for over an hour and got along great. He's actually a cool guy.

Gotta love the internet!
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by james meeker View Post
of course the punchline to the story is blackened and i just talked for over an hour and got along great. He's actually a cool guy.

Gotta love the internet!
Classic.
Old 4th August 2008
I don't know if I love the internet... but I do got a serious crush on it.
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Meeker View Post
Of course the punchline to the story is Blackened and I just talked for over an hour and got along great. He's actually a cool guy.

Gotta love the internet!
And his original music is valid as is all original music. It's original music (and the ongoing quest for good original music) that keeps us employed and doing something that we love (at least I hope so)...we have the greatest job in the world...recording music...although I feel bad for both of you that you have to work on SSL everyday!

Nick
Old 4th August 2008
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos147 View Post
I think Blackend's ePenis needs a firmware update.

lol

i love the, "you have no idea who i am" - who are you - the grim fukkin reaper?

i guess i'll have to give my pitbulls those HIV shots i've been saving up.

Old 4th August 2008
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk106 View Post
lol ... cynicism is a poor substitute for intelligence

So he made a post, very likely in anger and not all thought through. I do that sometimes, you do that sometimes, everybody does that sometimes. So, what's the big deal about this?

He says that's what he feels about things, and most people have no problems with anyone saying he feels differently and retorts to that - even agressively.

But what most find utterly amusing, is someone who can't make a valid point back to his accusations - if you could, you would - but instead does exactly the same he did: spends notable time and effort to "compose" a mockery of someone who you obviously feel is such a total waste of time in the first place; really legitimizing his accusations. Don't tell us you don't care And then sit there thinking to yourself that you're so above him, being all sarcastic about it too :D

That is low. It's lower than him. Most people learned to identify and lost the respect for people with that sort of cynic double standard BS at 15 years old. So "nickynicknick" was right, you did make yourself look bad, you definitely proved to alot here that you don't belong among the higher ranks. Without long and good experience in cool self-examination, you won't have gained the usefulness for demanding tasks
what are you, blackend's frikkin mom?

let it go, dude - stop picking on james. james is cool, and a valuable contributor here.

Old 4th August 2008
Smile

Quote:

Listen man, most of these posts are a joke. Some are serious. Some make good points. The studio scene is a drag these days because of this type of ****. The whole music scene is **** these days on top of that. So, I hope this thread has taught some disrespectful people that the artist is at your mercy and bands should get their money's worth.

Remember, the post was called "Why most recording engineers suck..."

And now we know why.

Julian

MySpace.com - Blackened Heart - Dallas, Texas - Metal / Metal / Metal - www.myspace.com/blackenedheart

...as long as you don't forget that MOST MUSICIANS SUCK, TOO...

Old 4th August 2008
Gear Addict

I for one think we all need to grab a beer, and have a big ol' group hug.

How does that sound?
Old 4th August 2008
Oh man. I need to call Lifetime.

I have a great made-for-TV-movie idea I need to pitch...
Old 4th August 2008
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqye View Post
...as long as you don't forget that MOST MUSICIANS SUCK, TOO...

I think the takeaway of this thread is that most people suck. This agrees with all prior research on the subject.
Old 4th August 2008
Gear Nut

Worst. Ending. Ever.
Old 4th August 2008
Gear Guru

MOST MUSICIANS SUCK, TOO.. FALLEN MUSICIANS, what does it mean to have fallen ? say maybe you did not get a record deal? Hell a record deal is not even on my mind, that would be signing for a huge loan, i don't want any more debt than i already am. You have a lot of nerve getting on here and speaking Mr so called know it all, this may be the stupidest thread i have ever read.
Old 4th August 2008
Gear Addict

Production values are your friend. The vision should be provided by the artist, interpreted by the producer, and then relayed the engineer.

From hearing your tracks, I'd hold the producer accountable. If you were the producer, then....don't blame the engineer!

Everything sounds small in those mixes, but it's not the engineer's fault. It's the producer's. How come the guitars are so thin? How come the vocal takes are bad? How come the drums sound like a cub scout tapping on sardine cans? 99% of that is bad arrangement, 1% is musicians working from a bad arrangement. No engineer could put together anything worth being listened to from any of it.

That's not the engineer, that's you.

Find an engineer that also knows rock arrangement, and your songs will end up sounding just like you imagined they would.

Please take something constructive from this. I hope your music ends up sounding as good as you imagine it can. But that won't happen without YOU also stepping into the picture, admitting where your knowledge is lacking, and filling the holes.

If you can see how you fit into your own dissatisfaction with how your music sounds, you will have that much more power in changing it for the good.
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:

Gotta love the internet!
Maybe he just got up with the wrong foot first.
Old 4th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:

No, he's not. The Guy that posted the thread is an obnoxious pretentious moron.

The guy that calls you is not the same...

Quote:
Gotta love the internet!
You mean: "And that is the problem with the internet"

Sometimes I feel like closing the laptop and stop posting on forums because of this ****.

One guy is posting a rant, basically insulting a whole profession in the said profession bar ( like coming in a Harley convention with a Honda) , threatening to ruin a studio reputation or an honest guy like you (as stupid as it may sounds, I agree).

Then we have you saying: "he's actually a cool guy ..."

So lemme say this : bring the "cool guy" in the thread and let him formulates a sincere apology.

Then I might reconsider the guy is not a genuine troll. Meanwhile, I'm not standing corrected at all, and I hope you'll mix your new butt buddy's myspace tracks in the future, because he needs it baaaaaaadly. i'm sure you can do it for a reasonable fee.

your pal

malice

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search