The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Why most recording engineers suck... Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

I think that "Blackened" is a better troll than any of us realize that he is. My theory is that he isn't even the person listed in "his" MySpace profile. My guess is that he somehow came across that profile and found it so entertaining that he decided to share it with all of us and created an account with an incendiary first post, throwing out all of the typical trollish insults as outlined in the checklist a few pages back, and sat back to enjoy the ensuing mêlée and occasionally fanning the flames. The point where his genius was revealed, though, was when things started to go downhill and he posted a semi-reasonable post and even spoke with an established forum member to further establish his credibility...but then returned with a vengeance.

In his "epic" thread didn't "Blender" also speak with somone on the phone at some point? Is this repeat behavior, or a copycat?
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duardo View Post

In his "epic" thread didn't "Blender" also speak with somone on the phone at some point? Is this repeat behavior, or a copycat?
Where is this "epic"thread? I must have missed it.
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear
Black End 2 - The Rematch

I am aghast.

The replys to this poor fellow's stated predicement speaks volumes about the callous, vicious and, to be frank, rather nasty personalities of recording engineers. If any of you have got the OP's 5 large, do the right thing.

Black End came here looking for tea and sympathy. Maybe some reassurance after being ripped off by some latter day Dick Turpins. What did he get? A plethora of swift kicks in the orchestral stalls and a suggestion to reclassify his tune under the "Gay Metal" genre.

I look forward to "Black End 2 - The Rematch." Black E, disguised as a ho, drops another 5 large on yet another fruitless venture and seeks vengeance with his handbag.

ns
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia View Post
Walk into a strange bar and throw beer on all the regulars. See how much constructive criticism you get.
Sure. But also see how much publicity you get. Hell, if the fight was big enough you might even make the news. Constuctive crit don't make the news. Fights do.

ns
Old 5th August 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscope View Post
I am aghast.

The replys to this poor fellow's stated predicement speaks volumes about the callous, vicious and, to be frank, rather nasty personalities of recording engineers. If any of you have got the OP's 5 large, do the right thing.

Black End came here looking for tea and sympathy. Maybe some reassurance after being ripped off by some latter day Dick Turpins. What did he get? A plethora of swift kicks in the orchestral stalls and a suggestion to reclassify his tune under the "Gay Metal" genre.

I look forward to "Black End 2 - The Rematch." Black E, disguised as a ho, drops another 5 large on yet another fruitless venture and seeks vengeance with his handbag.

ns
Awesome written style thumbsup

Anyway - I assure you that Mr Black is having the last laugh here! Would I bet 5 G's on this? - no - I bet 10 G's
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Blackened,

You should go there, There is an AE named Slipperman, he's trully the worse of us all. A real talentless thief.

You should tell him what you rightfully stated here.

It's time this crook that terrifies great musicians like you learns about one or two things. Please, don't refrain yourself trying to be civil like you did here, go for it, dude.

I've been told he's a wuss anyway, so no need to be afraid.

Your pal

malice
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
He came to a board that he's not a member of and attacked the entire community.

Walk into a strange bar and throw beer on all the regulars. See how much constructive criticism you get.

It's called social skills. Learn 'em. Use 'em.

Are you going to tell me that if he had phrased his problem differently that we wouldn't have supported him?

C'mon.
Social skills? A guy cames in, obviously furiously upset about experiences and views he has had, and he lashes out to vent those. And you see that as an attack? Where's the social skills in that? Perhaps he was right in that which he said? because otherwise you wouldn’t bother to retort in the same furious manner, would you?? Defending is the same thing as legitimizing the accusations. If there was no truth at all, then what's to defend against?

Social skills works both ways; the receiver of criticism (or a beer shower) is not exempt from the very same responsibility of using social skills, of setting an example even in the face of stupidity. You said the regulars felt attacked, then where are their social skills in this? What’s the age level in the social skill of most responses here?

If there was any social skills in this, this thread would have resulted in 10 insulted yet still balanced responses saying “I really disagree, and here are the reasons why, and I don’t care about discussing this stuff any further”.

So don’t drag social skills into this, since that’s what this thread lacks the most of.
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

The reason most people reacted the way they did was because the original poster was instantly recognized as being the troll that he is. I'm sure that he is more than pleased with the reaction that he got, and the fact that you're actually defending him and that you are under the impression that he's actually offended by peoples' responses no doubt is more than he ever expected...you should carefully re-read his first post if you really think that the poster was serious about anything he wrote.

Quote:
Where is this "epic"thread? I must have missed it.
I do believe it's been deleted.
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..........
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
The reason most people reacted the way they did was because the original poster was instantly recognized as being the troll that he is. I'm sure that he is more than pleased with the reaction that he got, and the fact that you're actually defending him and that you are under the impression that he's actually offended by peoples' responses no doubt is more than he ever expected...you should carefully re-read his first post if you really think that the poster was serious about anything he wrote.

I have never defended him or his standpoint or the way he went about it. I'm questioning the intelligence of people who retorts by far worse means than what they initially felt attacked by themselves. If the counterpart has got a point, then retort to it. If the counterpart is just wierdo, then don't mind. But everything about the counterpart has been exploited, the person, the looks, the thinking, the history, the music, the taste ... entire post has been deliberatly composed with time and effort to mock and ridicule. If people are even worse than an initial attacker, then what dignity are they defending in the first place? That's all I'm pointing finger to.
Old 5th August 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk106 View Post
Social skills? A guy cames in, obviously furiously upset about experiences and views he has had, and he lashes out to vent those. And you see that as an attack? Where's the social skills in that? Perhaps he was right in that which he said? because otherwise you wouldn’t bother to retort in the same furious manner, would you?? Defending is the same thing as legitimizing the accusations. If there was no truth at all, then what's to defend against?

Social skills works both ways; the receiver of criticism (or a beer shower) is not exempt from the very same responsibility of using social skills, of setting an example even in the face of stupidity. You said the regulars felt attacked, then where are their social skills in this? What’s the age level in the social skill of most responses here?

If there was any social skills in this, this thread would have resulted in 10 insulted yet still balanced responses saying “I really disagree, and here are the reasons why, and I don’t care about discussing this stuff any further”.

So don’t drag social skills into this, since that’s what this thread lacks the most of.
Wrong!!!!

No social skills are required in handling a sophomoric rant.

It's called a beat down. This guy was asking for it.
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Wrong!!!!

No social skills are required in handling a sophomoric rant.

It's called a beat down. This guy was asking for it.
Then you were asking for a correctional reminder too, since you got one. Didn't you? and if you read up a bit I'm not alone to think so.

And if you think he's just a sophomoric rant, why did you bother with it? how does you beating down him - which is what you say he did to you - make you any different from him? then you're doing the same thing, you're what he is.

or perhaps this is turning into something way too advanced .. :/
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

I am still curious why Blackened being the professional engineer that he is did not engineer his own band?

Blackened PLEASE enlighten us on this.
Old 5th August 2008
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk106 View Post
Then you were asking for a correctional reminder too, since you got one. Didn't you? and if you read up a bit I'm not alone to think so.

And if you think he's just a sophomoric rant, why did you bother with it? how does you beating down him - which is what you say he did to you - make you any different from him? then you're doing the same thing, you're what he is.

or perhaps this is turning into something way too advanced .. :/
Dude...Do you you work for Amnesty International or something?

Stop defending this moron who chose to pick a fight here. We're just obliging and kicking his ass....and enjoying it. Don't be such a Fun-Sponge!
Old 5th August 2008
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiburger View Post
If you employ a professional to work for you, you have to realise he has bills to pay, mouths to feed, other customers to satisfy. He has a God given right to charge whatever he likes: you have a God given right to choose not to do business, or to accept the terms.
imo, we don't have god given anything...

and as regards "rights" - we humans made that sh&t up. it's a WORD, an IDEA.

that's why MOST INDIVIDUAL EARTHLINGS CONVENIENTLY have "different" rights...

otherwise, we'd all have equal rights, no? (assuming god was fukking fair and good...)

i do agree with everything else you posted, kiwi...

Old 5th August 2008
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
I think it was the MySpace fans:

The classic 2008 rejection letter. heh heh
holy sh&t - HILARIOUS...

talk about morals...

do unto others, dude...

Old 5th August 2008
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitMus View Post
OMG!!! I can't help myself..... Jules, just ban me now; I've gotta do it - Blackened, you deserve this:

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As they say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel.
You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you. You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.
You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done. I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you.
You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell? You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood.
May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs. You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you.
You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot. And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your
tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?
You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile, one-handed, slack-jawed, drooling, meatslapper. On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool.
You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go. You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock. You grotty wanking oink artless base-court apple-john. You clouted boggish foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. You cockered bum-bailey poofter. You craven dewberry pisshead cockup pratting naff. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill.
You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you, and I wish you would go away.
I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid, so stupid it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I'm sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me.

Scott :D

lol...NICE...do you do weddings?... ...(my sister's getting married in the fall...)

post of the year!!!...you are the shakespeare of slander...

damn...blackened, don't let this dude near your a&r guy - he'll steal your record deal with his
creativity - you should study this post - maybe you'll learn something about actual creativity.

Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's called social skills. Learn 'em. Use 'em.
That 'bout sums it up.

But I fear there are many, many more skills this particular person needs to develop.

The LEAST of them to do with engineering.
Old 5th August 2008
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntenseJim View Post
Which is the exact reason I gouged your mom instead.

(What time is recess today?)
lol

Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by winvbass View Post
Don't be such a Fun-Sponge!
I think that pretty much speaks for itself
Old 5th August 2008
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackened
Why most recording engineers suck... continued!

Man I am definitely not done with all you bastards.

How did you know I was a bastard?

Quote:
If anyone here was truly respectful of anything I had said, I would have been satisfied and gone away. Now I am here to haunt your dreams.

My dreams? Not my dreams. Ahhhhh!

Quote:
I posted this thread and I was repeatedly attacked by multitudes of jealous, incompetent, futile, impotent recording engineers, or people that claimed they were engineers or musicians or both.

This sounds like a police matter. I am curious though. While these guys were attacking you, how did you know all this about them? Did they mention that they were jealous, incompetent, futile, impotent recording engineers? Were they wearing T-Shirts that described these traits? Are you sure they were impotent? Maybe they just weren't aroused by you. We need to get these facts straight before we send out the search party for these guys.

Quote:
None of you made any attempt to see that I had a bad experience, or that some of the other people that could see my point were right.

You're wrong. I did make an attempt. I just failed miserably at it. My ability to see that you had a bad experience isn't what it used to be.

Quote:
Most recording engineers are arrogant pricks that hate musicians, and often think they are better than the bands they record...

Of course I'm better than the bands I record. If they were better than me, they would be the engineer.

Quote:
And you guys can dog my band all day long, but it only reflects poorly on your own identity and reputation.

Can I dog your band next Saturday? I'm pretty booked up with some other musicians that I hate and I want to get the full day of dogging in.

Quote:
Also, my biggest problem is that you think five grand is not a large enough budget to track a record.
Do you honestly think that that's your biggest problem? What about being attacked by engineers? Should I call off the All Points Bulletin?

Oh. And is it your biggest problem or ours? Because you're complaining on our forum yet you claim it is your biggest problem. Perhaps you should be the one who solves it.

$5,000 to track your record. Not a problem. But it has to be the record with the big hole in it.

Quote:
Most studios are a screw, owned by greedy capitalists that are there to make a profit!

Yes. Let's give the studios back to the communists or the hippies. Yeah. The hippies. They'd love your music.

Quote:
Profit on my talent?

Are you giving up points or paying per hour? I'm confused. I only profit on your talent if I get points. And in this case, I still won't profit.

Quote:
I think that is even corrupt!

Corruption too? Let's call Elliot Ness!!!!

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with making a living, but gouging musicians is not cool!

Isn't that what Fonzie used to say?

omg, kenny - hilarious.

yes, call of the APB, and let's dog his band on Saturday...i'll bring the popcorn...

you bring the gouge...

Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

blackened is a big piece of doo doodfegad ha just had to get that off my chest
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
If the counterpart has got a point, then retort to it. If the counterpart is just wierdo, then don't mind. But everything about the counterpart has been exploited, the person, the looks, the thinking, the history, the music, the taste ... entire post has been deliberatly composed with time and effort to mock and ridicule. If people are even worse than an initial attacker, then what dignity are they defending in the first place?
I really don't think that anybody here feels threatened or offended by Blackened. Nobody here really needs to defend themselves against him in the first place. This is not where our clientele hangs out. He doesn't have a point, and he's not "just wierdo"...he's just a troll.

Think about it...you've got someone who has (supposedly) never posted here before coming in and insulting not only "most recording engineers", but the audio engineering field in general. He claims to work daily on an SSL console at "one of the top studios in Texas", yet claims to have been surprised because he didn't get the results he wanted from a professional studio. He has no band, yet he invites us to come to one of his band's shows and talk smack to his face to "see who is badass". He's threatened to "blacklist" us and make sure that nobody comes to our studios, and you don't think he's (pretending to) attack us? And like all trolls, he says he's done, then comes back, and tops things off by, among other things, deferring to Eddie van Halen as an authority on all things audio engineering-related and saying (no doubt in an ominous, "epic" tone) "you have no idea who I am"...trust me, he's getting a kick out of all of this.

And again...my suspicion is that "Blackened" is not even the owner of the MySpace page he claims to be his...
Old 6th August 2008
Lives for gear

Yes I would not be surprised if this was a wind-up.

A good one though!
Old 6th August 2008
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by winvbass View Post
Dude...Do you you work for Amnesty International or something?

Stop defending this moron who chose to pick a fight here. We're just obliging and kicking his ass....and enjoying it. Don't be such a Fun-Sponge!
lol

Old 6th August 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackened View Post
Why most recording engineers suck... continued!

Man I am definitely not done with all you bastards. If anyone here was truly respectful of anything I had said, I would have been satisfied and gone away. Now I am here to haunt your dreams. I posted this thread and I was repeatedly attacked by multitudes of jealous, incompetent, futile, impotent recording engineers, or people that claimed they were engineers or musicians or both. This comes as no surprise to me. Many studios offer nominal service at exorbitant prices.

None of you made any attempt to see that I had a bad experience, or that some of the other people that could see my point were right. Most recording engineers are arrogant pricks that hate musicians, and often think they are better than the bands they record... And you guys can dog my band all day long, but it only reflects poorly on your own identity and reputation.

Also, my biggest problem is that you think five grand is not a large enough budget to track a record. Well yea at 150 an hour it's not! Most studios are a screw, owned by greedy capitalists that are there to make a profit! Profit on my talent? I think that is even corrupt! There is nothing wrong with making a living, but gouging musicians is not cool!

Blackened Heart

MySpace.com - Blackened Heart - Dallas, Texas - Metal / Metal / Metal - www.myspace.com/blackenedheart
er dude.

No everyone here runs studios for hire. You can' rent my place. It's for my projects only. Acts I finance or soundtrack work I'm commissioned to do. You'll find that a great deal of he pro' world is based hat way. You had a bad experience because you didn't know what you were looking for. You paid demo rates - you got a demo. You've learned the hard way !

You also came close to being accepted round here - but as it is... I think you'd better go. You're not here to learn or even moan about anything legit. You're broadcasting your own ego.
Old 6th August 2008
Lives for gear

whos he fooling he doesnt work on an SSL Board and if he did not being able to make a record on one..makes him a damn idiot.
Old 6th August 2008
Lives for gear

troll....shh im done with this post
Old 6th August 2008
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcoman View Post
er dude.

No everyone here runs studios for hire. You can' rent my place. It's for my projects only. Acts I finance or soundtrack work I'm commissioned to do. You'll find that a great deal of he pro' world is based hat way. You had a bad experience because you didn't know what you were looking for. You paid demo rates - you got a demo. You've learned the hard way !

You also came close to being accepted round here - but as it is... I think you'd better go. You're not here to learn or even moan about anything legit. You're broadcasting your own ego.
+1...i would NEVER work with this clown...

and i agree - i think he got what he came here for - myspace hits...

Old 6th August 2008
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=blackened;2942872]
Most studios are a screw, owned by greedy capitalists that are there to make a profit! Profit on my talent? I think that is even corrupt!
Blackened Heart

Hey Blacky,

has ANYBODY proffited from your so called talent?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search