The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Why most recording engineers suck... Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 5th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitMus View Post
OMG!!! I can't help myself..... Jules, just ban me now; I've gotta do it - Blackened, you deserve this:

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As they say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel.
You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you. You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.
You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done. I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you.
You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell? You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood.
May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs. You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you.
You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot. And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your
tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?
You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile, one-handed, slack-jawed, drooling, meatslapper. On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool.
You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go. You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock. You grotty wanking oink artless base-court apple-john. You clouted boggish foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. You cockered bum-bailey poofter. You craven dewberry pisshead cockup pratting naff. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill.
You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you, and I wish you would go away.
I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid, so stupid it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I'm sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me.

Scott :D
Haha someone call the Fire Department dfegad
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackened View Post
Why most recording engineers suck... continued!

Man I am definitely not done with all you bastards. If anyone here was truly respectful of anything I had said, I would have been satisfied and gone away. Now I am here to haunt your dreams. I posted this thread and I was repeatedly attacked by multitudes of jealous, incompetent, futile, impotent recording engineers, or people that claimed they were engineers or musicians or both. This comes as no surprise to me. Many studios offer nominal service at exorbitant prices.

None of you made any attempt to see that I had a bad experience, or that some of the other people that could see my point were right. Most recording engineers are arrogant pricks that hate musicians, and often think they are better than the bands they record... And you guys can dog my band all day long, but it only reflects poorly on your own identity and reputation.

Also, my biggest problem is that you think five grand is not a large enough budget to track a record. Well yea at 150 an hour it's not! Most studios are a screw, owned by greedy capitalists that are there to make a profit! Profit on my talent? I think that is even corrupt! There is nothing wrong with making a living, but gouging musicians is not cool!

Blackened Heart

MySpace.com - Blackened Heart - Dallas, Texas - Metal / Metal / Metal - www.myspace.com/blackenedheart
Hey, If you want me to record you for $600 I will use nothing but behringer.

Most good musicians I know work day jobs, live in small apartment, and the only reason they eat, sleep, and drink is too stay alive to make music. These are the musicians that have found a good producer and engineer and don't mind paying the "$150"/hr because they know too get a good record that is what it costs. They don't mind paying because they are serious about what they do and love doing it. And they realize that engineering is as much as an art as theirs and an engineer that is serious about what they do, is going to invest in good gear and they need money to recoup that.

Some people buy overly expensive clothing, some people buy trucks and drive them in the city, some people buy hookers and blow. Musicians buy studio time and Engineers buy gear. If you are lucky in the music biz, which many are not... you can buy all these things and still have some left over.
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Blackened Heart,

Could you please clear this up?
So you had a bad experience with an engineer recording your band.
But In one of your previous posts you wrote:

"And by the way, I am an engineer and work as an engineer at one of the top studios in Texas. I sit down in front of SSL every day brother, so don't pull some bull**** on me. I see this kind of treatment all the time from other studios and engineers. The only reason my clients trust me is because I'm a veteran metal player and they know I have good ears."

Why weren't you the engineer on your own project then? Couldn't you tell things were not going well long before the end?

Please help us understand how you are so good at everything and yet take responsibility for none of it?
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

hi,
i am blaugruen7 and i am new to the group...
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:

So, bands need to be very weary of all studios and flakey engineers. Most engineers suffer from extreme OCD. I'm saying that seriously. Also, I believe that after all is said and done, musicians should never assume that just because a studio has an SSL or Neve that they will get good results. Why do I say this? Well let's just say i've lived it.

Blackened

sounds like you have LSD (lead singers disorder)
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Gerst View Post
Okay, so that's one vote for "no"?
Yeah, Harv - I guess I should have said "Blackened and his ilk deserve this" - I don't know if you read his other thread (in the Moan Zone now), but he apparently has no concept of "netiquette", tars everyone with the same brush, has an inflated sense of entitlement, completely ignores those who DID indeed sympathize with his experience, expresses delusions of grandeur, expresses utter contempt for the denizens of this forum, and still has the audacity to RE-POST his complaint after the original was moved - all as a new member of this community.

I picked on him only because he is the most recent and blatant example of his mindset that increasingly seem to clutter up the many recording/music forums that I haunt.

He really doesn't deserve this...

...much attention.

Scott
Old 5th August 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:

Man I am definitely not done with all you bastards.
How did you know I was a bastard?

Quote:
If anyone here was truly respectful of anything I had said, I would have been satisfied and gone away. Now I am here to haunt your dreams.
My dreams? Not my dreams. Ahhhhh!

Quote:
I posted this thread and I was repeatedly attacked by multitudes of jealous, incompetent, futile, impotent recording engineers, or people that claimed they were engineers or musicians or both.
This sounds like a police matter. I am curious though. While these guys were attacking you, how did you know all this about them? Did they mention that they were jealous, incompetent, futile, impotent recording engineers? Were they wearing T-Shirts that described these traits? Are you sure they were impotent? Maybe they just weren't aroused by you. We need to get these facts straight before we send out the search party for these guys.

Quote:
None of you made any attempt to see that I had a bad experience, or that some of the other people that could see my point were right.
You're wrong. I did make an attempt. I just failed miserably at it. My ability to see that you had a bad experience isn't what it used to be.

Quote:
Most recording engineers are arrogant pricks that hate musicians, and often think they are better than the bands they record...
Of course I'm better than the bands I record. If they were better than me, they would be the engineer.

Quote:
And you guys can dog my band all day long, but it only reflects poorly on your own identity and reputation.
Can I dog your band next Saturday? I'm pretty booked up with some other musicians that I hate and I want to get the full day of dogging in.

Quote:
Also, my biggest problem is that you think five grand is not a large enough budget to track a record.
Do you honestly think that that's your biggest problem? What about being attacked by engineers? Should I call off the All Points Bulletin?

Oh. And is it your biggest problem or ours? Because you're complaining on our forum yet you claim it is your biggest problem. Perhaps you should be the one who solves it.

$5,000 to track your record. Not a problem. But it has to be the record with the big hole in it.

Quote:
Most studios are a screw, owned by greedy capitalists that are there to make a profit!
Yes. Let's give the studios back to the communists or the hippies. Yeah. The hippies. They'd love your music.

Quote:
Profit on my talent?
Are you giving up points or paying per hour? I'm confused. I only profit on your talent if I get points. And in this case, I still won't profit.

Quote:
I think that is even corrupt!
Corruption too? Let's call Elliot Ness!!!!

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with making a living, but gouging musicians is not cool!
Isn't that what Fonzie used to say?
Old 5th August 2008
I want to make it clear that I suck for far more important reasons than the one you mentioned. So that's Mr. Sucks to you, buddy.
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

OK, so we may not agree with this dude, and we may take some offence at his broad negative generalisations, but saying really nasty things is only going to give audio engineers an even worse reputation...
Old 5th August 2008

You need more 80HZ on the tambourine... But before that you need to re-track the tympani. I can definitely help you! Drop me a line!
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by u b k View Post
best thread in ages!

Stikestikethumbsupstikestike

gregoire
del
ubk
plus one.
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebay007 View Post
OK, so we may not agree with this dude, and we may take some offence at his broad negative generalisations, but saying really nasty things is only going to give audio engineers an even worse reputation...
Finally, a moment when we really can say to ourselves, "What Would Joan Jett Do?" (WWJJD)

"Oh, I don't give a damn 'bout my bad reputation..."

"Oh, no -- no no no no no no..."

"Not me -- me me me me me me..."
Old 5th August 2008
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbrown View Post
C'mon guys, just leave Blackie alone. Can't you see he's got a sensitive side? Metal gods hurt too. Can't you see that he's reaching out?
I think I found a picture of Blackie.
Attached Thumbnails
Why most recording engineers suck...-attachment-14.jpeg  
Old 5th August 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebay007 View Post
To whom?

We're all engineers!!!!!
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

i find it interesting how other forums handle this moan threads.

for example when you look at forums like the ableton live forum.
its completly unmoderated.
when a moanposting arrises nobody takes it serious and personally. and does
not respond to it and it sinks to the bottom like a stone.

blackened, in case you really want to discuss and not only load off your ****. i think
it would be more precise to talk about the bad experiences you have had and
not start this general projection on ALL engineers which is of course incorrect.
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Yep, we're all pricks. You must know because you have worked with all of us, right? Go somewhere else and paint your neck some other colour than red.
Old 5th August 2008
Gear Head

I'm impressed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitMus View Post
OMG!!! I can't help myself..... Jules, just ban me now; I've gotta do it - Blackened, you deserve this:

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As they say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel. la la la ......

Scott :D

You probably should copyright that post. Sounds like a metal track to me.....
Old 5th August 2008

Speaking of Texas...

Dimebag sucks... I mean as an engineer. Definitely don't use him
Attached Thumbnails
Why most recording engineers suck...-270944371_m.jpg  
Old 5th August 2008
Gear Guru

.....and as the sunken ship came back to the surface in a ghostly return for another sail all new kinds of rats and sundry started the next biting fiesta and still no one knew where the captain had gone........

Let it sink, Blackened........there is no positive to be had with this angle......really don't understand what you hope to achieve here, but there have been some actually helpful points for you here (if you were inclined to take them as such).

Take the next $5000, buy some gear, record your **** with it and mix it in your SSL studio in Texas and be done moaning now, will ya?
Old 5th August 2008
Quote:

Man I am definitely not done with all you bastards. If anyone here was truly respectful of anything I had said, I would have been satisfied and gone away. Now I am here to haunt your dreams. I posted this thread and I was repeatedly attacked by multitudes of jealous, incompetent, futile, impotent recording engineers, or people that claimed they were engineers or musicians or both. This comes as no surprise to me. Many studios offer nominal service at exorbitant prices.

None of you made any attempt to see that I had a bad experience, or that some of the other people that could see my point were right. Most recording engineers are arrogant pricks that hate musicians, and often think they are better than the bands they record... And you guys can dog my band all day long, but it only reflects poorly on your own identity and reputation.

Also, my biggest problem is that you think five grand is not a large enough budget to track a record. Well yea at 150 an hour it's not! Most studios are a screw, owned by greedy capitalists that are there to make a profit! Profit on my talent? I think that is even corrupt! There is nothing wrong with making a living, but gouging musicians is not cool!

Blackened Heart

MySpace.com - Blackened Heart - Dallas, Texas - Metal / Metal / Metal - www.myspace.com/blackenedheart
Well I listen to your myspace and I understand why you think that all audio engineering sucks. Your music sounds very very bad.. you should hire someone better to do it or learn to do it your self..

But it can take some time learning how do to it and to be good at it, get the right gear and all that stuff.. but you can use that time to practice how to play an instrument and work on your song-writing skills and perhaps listen to some music that got some kind of entertainment.. i.e does not bored you to death..

Good luck you!
Old 5th August 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by throstur View Post
Well I listen to your myspace and I understand why you think that all audio engineering sucks. Your music sounds very very bad.. you should hire someone better to do it or learn to do it your self..

But it can take some time learning how do to it and to be good at it, get the right gear and all that stuff.. but you can use that time to practice how to play an instrument and work on your song-writing skills and perhaps listen to some music that got some kind of entertainment.. i.e does not bored you to death..

Good luck you!
Hey Throstur, the man says he works fulltime engineering in an SSL facility.....

Make of it what you will......
Old 5th August 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Hey Throstur, the man says he works fulltime engineering in an SSL facility.....

Make of it what you will......
Ok... thats something and if thats the case... I dont think he is bull****ting at all.. he proves that some sound engineers sucks.. But then again many bands sucks .. and I once knew a terrible bad plummer...
Old 5th August 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by throstur View Post
Ok... thats something and if thats the case... I dont think he is bull****ting at all.. he proves that some sound engineers sucks.. But then again many bands sucks .. and I once knew a terrible bad plummer...
Indeed, plenty in life can suck, but you have a better time generally focussing on what DOESN'T suck, right?heh

Take your mascara off and get some sun, Blackened, I say.....works wonders.....
Old 5th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
OK

You refer to impotent recording engineers-what-you tried to crack onto a couple and they Z
His song 'Down', if i'm reading the lyrics correctly, does seem like an overt invitation to Sodomy no?

If nothing else, kudos to Blackend for championing Gay Metal in Texas, as that can't be the easiest State in the U.S to pick for the task...
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

This is crazy

We all know you can never convince an idiot to see himself as an idiot. Idiots - per definition - can't. So I wonder who we are fooling, what are the point of all the trashtalk.
So he tried to convice the general engineering community that he's on top of them and don't respect them - clearly a rather unnessecary act of irritation and lashing out. And now we're all here doing the same back to him that he did to us. What annoys me is that most people sees themselves as above him, while doing even more of the same to him than he did for starters.
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

OK BLACKENED...SO UR GONNA "AHHH HAAA", GOTCHA'...JOKES ON US RITE???.... U JUS WANTED TO GET MYSPACE HITS LIKE CRAZI RITE???..tutt
Old 5th August 2008
I love the qualifications he insists on for joining his band (from his MySpace page)

"Currently seeking new creative masterminds to play live and record."

Apparently, his mind is neither master nor creative.

"Seeking drums, bass, and guitar."

Essentially, his previous band quit, so he needs a new one.

"Must be willing to write and play metal, move to Dallas, TX and sacrifice to play music."

Anyone who can write and play metal already has a gig. The sacrifice would be to move to Dallas to live/play/work with Blackened.

"This is not a paying position."

Of course not. Because a) you have no money to pay your band and b) anyone who could get paid to 'write and play metal' would not sacrifice their time and talent to move to Dallas to work with you for free.

"Applicants also must be willing to live and breathe metal and wallow in a hopeless pit of sorrow while working towards an ever fleeting future of uncertainty."

Wow! Sounds like a great gig. Nice PR chops - where did you get your marketing degree, K-Mart?

"Inquire within."

Yeah, so how's that working out for you? Getting many inquiries? Perhaps one of the inquirers will have some engineering chops, so you can give your overworked brain and ears some rest.
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

This thread reminds me of that scene in Borat where he sings the Anthem at the Rodeo. A first class train wreck..

heh
Attached Thumbnails
Why most recording engineers suck...-borat.jpg  
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

"This thread reminds me of that scene in Borat where he sings the Anthem at the Rodeo. A first class train wreck.."

Classic quote!!

But It reminds me more of the Borat wrestling scene in the hotel room that moves to the elevator and down into the convention center. It just keeps getting better and better in a uncomfortable sort of way. Reading this thread, page after page is like smelling your own fart. It seems wrong to do, but you can't stop yourself and you kind of like it. This thread is a true guilty pleasure ....
Old 5th August 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk106 View Post
This is crazy

We all know you can never convince an idiot to see himself as an idiot. Idiots - per definition - can't. So I wonder who we are fooling, what are the point of all the trashtalk.
So he tried to convice the general engineering community that he's on top of them and don't respect them - clearly a rather unnessecary act of irritation and lashing out. And now we're all here doing the same back to him that he did to us. What annoys me is that most people sees themselves as above him, while doing even more of the same to him than he did for starters.
He came to a board that he's not a member of and attacked the entire community.

Walk into a strange bar and throw beer on all the regulars. See how much constructive criticism you get.

It's called social skills. Learn 'em. Use 'em.

Are you going to tell me that if he had phrased his problem differently that we wouldn't have supported him?

C'mon.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search