The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Why most recording engineers suck... Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 5th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexarametric View Post
Nice Myspace page

Currently seeking new creative masterminds to play live and record. Seeking drums, bass, and guitar. Must be willing to write and play metal, move to Dallas, TX and sacrifice to play music. This is not a paying position. Applicants also must be willing to live and breathe metal and wallow in a hopeless pit of sorrow while working towards an ever fleeting future of uncertainty. Inquire within.

Dude, your music sucks. I can see why you hate engineers. They would probably beat their heads on a console until it fell off trying to listen to this crap all day. You suck. You would have a better career as a truck driver. There, I said it. Use my hateful comments as fuel to write something that doesn't suck. I like your cliche lyrics. I've never heard a metal song about apocalypse before (rolls eyes).
fuuck

LAMO
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Blacky, I stuck up for you tooth and nail over there....$5000 to make a record is not cool. At that price musicians are expecting engineers and studio owners to work for free. Obviously I'm talking about an average project that inevitably takes a few months to do. You've got this blackwards....it's the attitude that an engineer should be happy to be making $6 an hour to have the privilege of working on music that's killin' me...I don't work on projects like that anymore...but I did...and regret every one of them...has nothing to do with gaining experience. You pay people for the job they do period. ...and .... you get what you pay for dude.....BTW the way to make a $5000 recording budget work is to spend four days tracking and four days mixing...then maybe if your a nice guy a bonus day to do any redo stuff...that doesn't include mastering...and your band doesn't get paid fo their work either....maybe you can order a pizza or two....forget about cab money...and even then the engineer isn't making good money......finally not many projects only last eight days .....so I can't take you seriously if you really think this way buddy.

Nick
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

WHAT IS GOINZ ON'EIM??? WHAT DA-DAY IS??? WHERE PAULINE???
Old 5th August 2008
Angry

Whomever ripped this dude off .. i hate you ..

jeff
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Hahahahah....

Ahhh Blackie... where have you been all my life??!! hehhehheh
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Lil suckage happnin here...

Ok guy so just a little bit, Ur music has some suckage to it but its not a BIG suckage...Just a bit tho...$5,000 worth...I always stress to PPL, if u ONLY have enuff money for a studio to just record in , then u shouldn't be doin an album...
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackened View Post
...my biggest problem is that you think five grand is not a large enough budget to track a record. ..I think that is even corrupt! There is nothing wrong with making a living, but gouging musicians is not cool!

Blackened Heart

The classic irony of it all. heh heh

And the marketing/promotional budget for this album is?
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Moderators.....there's a d0uchebag on the line.......
Old 5th August 2008
Hey mr. Blackened, I think you should hook up with "A Long"
You'll make a nice duo.
LOL
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/elect...ars-slutz.html
Old 5th August 2008

"Down", clever song title. I just googled every song with that title, 4 billion hits returned. But seriously, I have recorded with a couple of my bands in studios for far less than $150/hr and can get great results. Unfortunately $150/hr does not make you a better song writer or musician, we had to bring that ourselves.
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Why most recording engineers suck... continued!

impotent recording engineers,
Blackened Heart

MySpace.com - Blackened Heart - Dallas, Texas - Metal / Metal / Metal - www.myspace.com/blackenedheart

OK

You refer to impotent recording engineers-what-you tried to crack onto a couple and they failed? You butt ugly or what?

Oh-I get it- you referring impotent in the sense that at $150 p/h they cannot produce a potent mix for you hence they are impotent.

So-knowing that why not set up your own setup and do it yourself-oh I get it-you have proven beyond doubt you are impotent already in trying to get a potent mix and have a problem with Munchausen's Syndrome by proxy.

GJ
Newcastle/OZ
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

hahahaha OMG this is FUNNY..this guy is NUTZheh
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:

Man I am definitely not done with all you bastards. If anyone here was truly respectful of anything I had said, I would have been satisfied and gone away. Now I am here to haunt your dreams. I posted this thread and I was repeatedly attacked by multitudes of jealous, incompetent, futile, impotent recording engineers, or people that claimed they were engineers or musicians or both. This comes as no surprise to me. Many studios offer nominal service at exorbitant prices.

None of you made any attempt to see that I had a bad experience, or that some of the other people that could see my point were right. Most recording engineers are arrogant pricks that hate musicians, and often think they are better than the bands they record... And you guys can dog my band all day long, but it only reflects poorly on your own identity and reputation.

Also, my biggest problem is that you think five grand is not a large enough budget to track a record. Well yea at 150 an hour it's not! Most studios are a screw, owned by greedy capitalists that are there to make a profit! Profit on my talent? I think that is even corrupt! There is nothing wrong with making a living, but gouging musicians is not cool!

Blackened Heart

MySpace.com - Blackened Heart - Dallas, Texas - Metal / Metal / Metal - www.myspace.com/blackenedheart
I have not seen your previous postings and after reading this, i do not wish to. I have no idea what happend in said thread/s....

but, to quote you directly: "And you guys can dog my band all day long, but it only reflects poorly on your own identity and reputation."
You're whole post was "dogging" on recording engineers.. and is a gross stereotype. So... any attempt you've made to justify you're feelings about whatever has gotten your little panties in a twist is now as valid as your own quote above.

Sorry...
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:

Man I am definitely not done with all you bastards. If anyone here was truly respectful of anything I had said, I would have been satisfied and gone away. Now I am here to haunt your dreams. I posted this thread and I was repeatedly attacked by multitudes of jealous, incompetent, futile, impotent recording engineers, or people that claimed they were engineers or musicians or both. This comes as no surprise to me. Many studios offer nominal service at exorbitant prices.

None of you made any attempt to see that I had a bad experience, or that some of the other people that could see my point were right. Most recording engineers are arrogant pricks that hate musicians, and often think they are better than the bands they record... And you guys can dog my band all day long, but it only reflects poorly on your own identity and reputation.

Also, my biggest problem is that you think five grand is not a large enough budget to track a record. Well yea at 150 an hour it's not! Most studios are a screw, owned by greedy capitalists that are there to make a profit! Profit on my talent? I think that is even corrupt! There is nothing wrong with making a living, but gouging musicians is not cool!

Blackened Heart

Sadly, there are some studios in North Texas that are as you described; hopefully, not ours. When we started our studio, more than a decade ago, we went against the norm and decided to charge by the song, not by the hour. We were the first studio in North Texas to do that. The repeat business that we have from major bands says we're doing something right.

We've recorded Slow Roosevelt, the Feds, Pimpadelic, Spoonfed Tribe, Advent, The Vehicle Reason, Mermaid's Purse, and probably well over 100 North Texas Bands. They keep coming back to us. There must be a reason.

But, I am sorry you had a bad experience at whatever studio you went to. Yes, there are some bad guys out here, but there are some good guys, too.
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

What did you bad boys do to this guy?
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Gerst View Post
Sadly, there are some studios in North Texas that are as you described; hopefully, not ours. When we started our studio, more than a decade ago, we went against the norm and decided to charge by the song, not by the hour. We were the first studio in North Texas to do that. The repeat business that we have from major bands says we're doing something right.

We've recorded Slow Roosevelt, the Feds, Pimpadelic, Spoonfed Tribe, Advent, The Vehicle Reason, Mermaid's Purse, and probably well over 100 North Texas Bands. They keep coming back to us. There must be a reason.

But, I am sorry you had a bad experience at whatever studio you went to. Yes, there are some bad guys out here, but there are some good guys, too.
PR patrol heh
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Profit on my talent? I think that is even corrupt!
This is presuming a lot.

Imagine this $5K engineering job had just scored you a major recording and touring gig, and seriously filthy money was haemoraghing from your every orifice. Would you still be whinging on the internet like a little school girl?

This sounds like sour grapes because baby didn't get what he wanted.

Classic "me generation" whinging. I expect your friends and family all convinced you that you have a big talent, and whatever you do is just perfect, and if not it's somebody elses fault ...

The only reason you paid $5K for an album that didn't take off as you expect is because you chose to take a risk - probably hoping for a big payoff.

If you gambled on your talent for profit - isn't that "corrupt"?

If you employ a professional to work for you, you have to realise he has bills to pay, mouths to feed, other customers to satisfy. He has a God given right to charge whatever he likes: you have a God given right to choose not to do business, or to accept the terms.

Nobody is forcing you to do anything. You have to choose what you do with your talent.

Some people may rate your 'talent' alongside other people's 'talent' for murder, rape & arson. That's their choice.

But if you think that just because you have a 'talent' that the world owes you everything, while simultaneously thinking that you can expect other people to use their talents for next to nothing ... you have some learning to do.
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:

Blackened Heart

why can't anyone see that you are right? you are, but you are also generalizing the situation, which means you are also wrong...so I don't understand what you are trying to change by posting this thread, because those greedy capitalists are still going to get their way and the job they do on your music will depend...there is your answer! I don't even have to be an engineer or have any experience to tell you this.
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by christmasjones View Post
PR patrol heh
Actually, no; the OP does have a valid point. There really are some pretty bad studios in North Texas, AND some damn good ones, but they're harder to find. North Texas is a very unusual place from a recording studio standpoint.

Nomad Studio in Dallas is pretty good, depending on the engineer, and Matt Pence and Dave Willingham at the Echo Lab (not too far from us) are both pretty damn good. My son Alex usually goes head to head with Dave for the "Producer of the Year" award, just about every year for the last 7 years.
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryjohns View Post
What did you bad boys do to this guy?
I think it was the MySpace fans:

The classic 2008 rejection letter. heh heh
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:

Blackened Heart

Not all studios and not all recording engineers. I am a physician and I own a recording studio. We record most projects for free. If a band wants to record to tape we only charge for the tape.

Also, we have a trained certified engineer who gives of his time in our efforts to promote music in our area.

We do have an invitation only policy or an audition type screening process. But if a local band or artist displays talent regardless of musical genre we will record them.

I am a board member of our local Arts Council and I try to promote music in our area via the studio and events usually with no cost to the artist at all.

I know of other studios for hire that bend over backwards to help artist achieve their goals in a recording. There is not a lot of money in being a recording engineer for most who do it for a living. Most do the job for the love of it.
Old 5th August 2008
Gear Nut

geez, stop giving this guy's band myspace plays.
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

TROLL, TROLL, TROLL. End this now, He is bitter and disgruntled.

He HATES engineers........... whoop-dee-doo.

We all hate somebody.
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:

Blackened Heart

if you really want to offend us go write a song with this material you smelly hippy!
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

OMG!!! I can't help myself..... Jules, just ban me now; I've gotta do it - Blackened, you deserve this:

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As they say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel.
You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you. You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.
You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done. I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you.
You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell? You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood.
May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs. You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you.
You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot. And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your
tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?
You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile, one-handed, slack-jawed, drooling, meatslapper. On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool.
You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go. You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock. You grotty wanking oink artless base-court apple-john. You clouted boggish foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. You cockered bum-bailey poofter. You craven dewberry pisshead cockup pratting naff. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill.
You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you, and I wish you would go away.
I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid, so stupid it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I'm sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me.

Scott :D
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitMus View Post
OMG!!! I can't help myself..... Jules, just ban me now; I've gotta do it - Blackened, you deserve this:

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As they say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel.
...(rest of rant deleted)
Okay, so that's one vote for "no"?
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with making a living, but gouging musicians is not cool!
Which is the exact reason I gouged your mom instead.

(What time is recess today?)
Old 5th August 2008
Gear Guru

best thread in ages!

stikestikethumbsupstikestike

gregoire
del
ubk
Old 5th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
...Also, my biggest problem is that you think five grand is not a large enough budget to track a record.

Blackened Heart

Wait a minute...$5000 for 16 songs?

So...basically $312.50 per song...that right there says it all. heh heh heh

Please post a link to this studio. heh
Old 5th August 2008
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitMus View Post

You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you. You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.
You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done. I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you.
You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell? You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood.
May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs. You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you.
You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot. And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your
tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?
You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile, one-handed, slack-jawed, drooling, meatslapper. On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool.
You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go. You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock. You grotty wanking oink artless base-court apple-john. You clouted boggish foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. You cockered bum-bailey poofter. You craven dewberry pisshead cockup pratting naff. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill.
You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you, and I wish you would go away.
I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid, so stupid it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I'm sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me.

Thx a lot for your posting! As a non-native speaker I learned a lot of new helpful terms from it. Will print it out, fix it to the wall next to the place where I use to pick up telephone calls... Thanks again, p-fort.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search