The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
another WAR 2003 Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 24th November 2003
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Randall
didnt seem to be a problem when Hitler was dropping bombs all over your asses and we came to yours and Europes rescue and liberation Jules at the price of a hell of a lot of American blood, members of my family included, I think that post was a little uncalled for and a little disturbing if this is the attitude or even belief of the average Brit, sorry, and please dont take this the wrong way, never forget, we are alies in this mess, our kids are getting killed and folks from all over the globe have access to this forum, you sound like an Anti American Middle East sympathiser in that post and I dont for a second believe you are
Being anti-war doesn't make you a sympathizer of the Middle East. It makes you human. tutt

You've watched far too many Hollywood movies about WWII. fuuck
Old 24th November 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by malice
Well,

Jules, I don't know you personaly, but I think it is the first time I'm seeing you sarcastic.

Next time I'm in London, I'll buy you a lagger, mate heh

malice
Hey Malice!
Check this;
Quote:
LAGGER
Pronunciation: 'lagur
Definition:[n] _someone who takes more time than necessary; someone who lags behind
Synonyms: dawdler, drone, laggard, trailer
See Also: bum, do-nothing, idler, layabout, lingerer, loafer, loiterer, plodder, potterer, putterer, slowcoach, slowpoke, stick-in-the-mud, straggler, strayer
...I presume you meant 'LAGER'! ..or maybe you know more about Jules than we do...
heh heh
Old 24th November 2003
Lives for gear

Hi Randall,

I´m no middle east sympathizer.

And you know that story about the US freeing the world of Hitler isn´t that clean either. ( Except naturally for those who got involved at the front.) Check out about support for Hitler and Ford combine in Germany at that time and why the Alies ignored what was happening for so, for too long.
See why they did not bomb the strategic headquarters, but the workers residential areas instead.

You won´t find any clean established politics under capitalism. It would just be contradiction. It is impossible. Capitalism is just as threatening to democracy as religious fanatism as a states basis.

No I´m no middle east sympathizer. I sympathize with individuals like Jessica. Not millions of dollars could make her play fake. A person with ideals who bothers about her attitudes.

I can´t say for absolute what would be happening if someone offered me a millions worth future for a BS story. Nobody could, I think until he proved it. She has.

She has seriously impressed me, that little girl from Virginia. That´s so refreshing to see!

Ruphus
Old 24th November 2003
"You sound liike an Anti American Middle East sympathiser in that post and I dont for a second believe you are"

Hmmm peraps I need to expaline a few things...

1) I am an American
2) I am strongly anti Bush
3) Anti Bush does not mean I am anti American
4) I AM a Middle East sympathizer!
5) Having sympathy for folks GLOBALLY and in the Middle East doesn't make me
a) Pro Bin Laden (I cant spell "Alchaida" properly!)
b) Anti American

The phase "Middle East sympathizer" is worrisome. It sounds intentionally derived from the 2nd World War phrase - **** Sympathizer.

Lets put the key words side by side to see what's wrong with the similarity

Middle East - a whole geographic land mass of Millions of people
**** - a small, bitter & twisted organization of fascists.

Hey! Call me anti American if it makes you feel better, but put me down on the list as being "pro people" anytime!

If you ask me if I am "pro" the small, bitter & twisted organization that is setting off bombs & putting US & British troops under sniper fire, the answer is - OF COURSE NOT!
Old 24th November 2003
"You sound liike an Anti American Middle East sympathiser in that post and I dont for a second believe you are"

Hmmm peraps I need to expaline a few things...

1) I am an American
2) I am strongly anti Bush
3) Anti Bush does not mean I am anti American
4) I AM a Middle East sympathiser!
5) Having sympathy for folks GLOBALLY and in the Middle East doesnt make me
a) Pro Bin Laden (I cant spell "Alchaida" properly!)
b) Anti American

The phase "Middle East sympathiser" is worrysome. It sounds intentionally derived from the 2nd World War phrase - **** Sympathiser.

Lets put the key words side by side to see whats wrong with the similarity

Middle East - a whole geographic land mass of Millions of people
**** - a small, bitter & twisted organization of fashists.

Hey! Call me anti American if it makes you feel better, but put me down on the list as being "pro people" anytime!

If you ask me if I like the small, bitter & twisted organization that is setting off bombs & putting US & British troops under sniper fire, the answer is - of course not!
Old 24th November 2003
Lives for gear

Thanks for pointing that out, Jules.
In my reply to Randall I was thinking Middle East sympathiser to be thought of as feeling sympathy for the Islam, from there my answer.
I am against the formats contained in that ( and other ) religion, but no feelings for or against any geographic location, naturally.

Ruphus
Old 24th November 2003
By the way can it be pointed out that anyone gassing their car in the USA could be deemed a Middle East sympathizer! - Financially supporting the middle east!

My view on the whole issue could be summed as follows -

I wish we had a Democrat as president, I would far prefer them to be handling this mess than Bush and his "advisors".

Old 24th November 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
I am not going to get in a long, drawn out debate on these matters, so please, nobody try to draw me into one
I respect that, but just let me say this one thing about the following:
Quote:
but I support our peeps in uniform 100%
If I understand right this means that you back up an army, no matter of who sends it to where and to do what, right? I have seen too much awareness on other topics from you to believe that.

Be consequent if you can, damn those who have brought the concentartion of muslim fanatics to the world first of all. Those however you won´t find located in Middle East. They still pop up on your TV screen and claim to be bothering for menkind, nation, progress and business cycle as `good christians´.

Let´s oppose mafia, man.

Ruphus
Old 24th November 2003
Lives for gear

hi ruphus , i like what you were saying about capitalism .

a lot of those words which were said during this discussion is sadly just fiction . on the other hand , some opinions sound as theres not a lot of thinking behind .

what " real world " options do we really have to solve this ****ed up situation in a different way ?
( not talking bout what COULD have been done )

everything sounds just to easy , imho

1) war 2) no war

i was watching myself changing sides in a minute just in fact which opinion the opposite had . i dont like the anti-american attitude ( those guys are my friends ... if i would have to make a real world decission a)usa b)the middle east ... it wouldnt be hard for me to decide & i dont like the pro-war attitude either ,

i am stucked in the middle

saying peace - is easy , if somebody slaps you in the face , what are you gonna do ? saying yes to war is easy too , cause those who decide will never bite the dust !

i am kinda clueless right now , its all about $$$ thats for sure .
and i hate it , but what are you gonna do , you want some gear , gimme the cash ... its always sucking cocks fuuck
Old 24th November 2003
Gear Addict

Quote:
I support the idea that these radical Religious elements have got to be checked, do any of these these fanatical, bordering on the stone age countrys really need WMD or the ability to deploy them?
Do they need WMD's? I don't know. I guess it depends on how much the US is willing to give it away for free and only if it suits their "democratic agenda."

Are you familiar with Plato's Republic? "I declare justice is nothing but the advantage of the stronger" - Thrasymachus, Republic 338c
Republican...no?

That's a pretty ****ed-up view you have their.

Old 24th November 2003
Lives for gear

Hi Five,

I think your impression is right, ways are narrow and not too easy. And more than that, the fact that you are confused is a good sign for you I believe. It is probably indication for that you do search.

I admit that there is no perfect solution. But you can develop the backbone to know what you do not want. What you do not want might serve as piers for a senseful direction.

In my personal impression things can only change with the understanding of the masses. That is why information is so important ( and why it is so fatal that the media worldwide are being concentrated in a few hands at times ). And also why I think the best that could be done would be outing official manipulation systems as often as ever possible.

One thing that I for instance would really love to do, - without however having time and means for - is releasing anti-newspapers. In my case that could mean an anti-Der Spiegel web magazine, because I´m most familiar with that paper.

It would be thrilling to analyze the BS they spread ( which they are doing more and more almost from month to month ), pick out the worst articles weekly and bringing facts to it ( including their own former prints to the individual theme ). Pointing out how they let themselves being spoon-feeded, how they obviously make information deals ( like "Ok, we won´t report the scandalous political core if you give us some inferior details to play with ), pointing out how they report about ugly circumstances, but keeping it nicely peripheral to not threaten the establishment.
In a short; demonstrating as much as possible by given facts how far it actually is with freedom of press and with democracy. Showing that we live in very intelligently constructed regimes which in the end are just as brutally cheating and exploiting like in the Manchester times.
Enlarging those little articles who very friendly mention what is going on in Brussles. Bringing to attention why EU and what the guys are actually weaving there. How handy the new structures come in for them to vaporize more of the states budgets there than ever before. Revealing what they are actually busy with. See how they improve the situation for their clients, changing laws to their benefits so that the only ones who remain paying taxes are the little men, while conditions and rights get further improved for the industrials.
Show the real estate deals and speculation behind the recruiting of new EU members and all that.

Then one by one the web editorial office could be expanded and there could be an Anti-Franfurter Allgemeine, Anti-Die Welt and so on. ( Actually not encreasing the anti editorial work then too much, as the press control also includes the fact that the national papers on the vast part of their contents report the same topics. Boy, when you see what the two main news agencies actually spill out on facts and how unisono themes are picked from the media ... It´s incredible.)

I can imagine that a readers crowd of such an offer would be growing ( and if it was just for the sensation at first ) and that it with the time would have some impact on the manipulated press. And even if the regular press scenery wouldn´t change, it should help a lot to bring to people by what a secret crowd they are being ruled. How that crowd has ensured anti democratic means like immunity to their corruption by law, controlling the courts and even exchanging judges and public proscecutors anytime needed, taking in totally overseized official incomes and services and on top this being only a fraction of the values and money they receive behind the door for their "work".
Bringing to people how the rapidly growing poverty before their own doors is being caused and even more how the poverty and cruelty in the third world is related to the decissions and arrangements of the own politicians. Explaining also the historical coherences.

This is just an idea as you asked whether there were ways. I think there are, although certainly no easy ones. The above for instance would be needing some basics like cash, support of lawyers and such. And still chances would be big that it wouldn´t last for long. The mafia is trained with shutting up mouths.

Yes, you can scream and say almost anything. But only as far as you wouldn´t endanger any common sense on principle. In the moment you had real influence some heart attack, specimens in your cellar that you hadn´t seen before or whatever that serves the matter could occure.

But to be not only negative I want to mention one of the little things that gave me hope. To read that some rich german heirs of the new generation have gathered and are investing money in progressive movement trying to achieve at least ecological shelter is wonderful news. :O)

Greets,

Ruphus
Old 24th November 2003
Lives for gear

the little things that gave me hope

thats what we all need ...

thx

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search