The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
another WAR 2003 Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 18th July 2003
Lives for gear

Not many "pro-war" posters over here lately, I wonder ...heh heh heh

malice
Old 18th July 2003
Lives for gear

Maybe this scientist Kelly murdered after revealing Tony Blair lies about Iraq WMD potential ...

... Nevermind

H E L L O, somebody watching the newz ????

It S T I N K S donkeyballs, and you pro war posters KNOW it

dfegad

malice
Old 19th July 2003
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally posted by malice Not many "pro-war" posters over here lately, I wonder ...heh heh heh
Don't hold your breath. We're not interested.

Blenderman is the "designated hit man" this month, but if he came over here I don't think people would be amused.

If anyone starts another "Anti-War" thread over at PSW, I'll refer them to this thread, where they will find plenty of kindred spirits.
Old 19th July 2003
Lives for gear

Hey Pricey, nice of you.

hmmm, yeah, we don't wanna spread Blender man all over the internet

but you among others SHOULD be interested in the recent events enlightning your gvt relation to Iraq conflict.

really

best to you, sincerely ...

I certainly value your opinion about this isue.

malice
Old 19th July 2003
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally posted by malice

but you among others SHOULD be interested in the recent events enlightning your gvt relation to Iraq conflict.
I'm with Malice here. While I know nothing of Pricey, I have encountered of late a string of hawks who really don't want to hear what their govt did wrong. "Saddam was bad, Saddam is gone, and if the exec branch lied to us and to congress for a full year or more in order to get the job done, then so be it."

Oh, and the Bush admin outed a CIA operative(which is a crime, you know) who just happened to be the wife of the diplomat who determined the Niger uranium buy was bogus. Just sending a little message, I guess. Can't be letting the truth get in the way of our steady stream of lies.

Also, I'm with malice on the Kelly thing. Far more suspicious than the Vince Foster thing ever was, & yet I'll be shocked if this one's in the news for more than a week. And I can assure you that the useful idiots of right wing talk radio will not spend years feeding the rumor mill on this one the way they did with Foster.
Old 20th July 2003
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally posted by hodad
While I know nothing of Pricey . . .
Who is this "Pricey" you speak of? Is he a Good Witch or a Bad Witch?

Sorry Malice, I don't enjoy political debates. There is nothing new or original in these threads. But if you wanna talk *audio*, I'm all ears.

Flaming people is fun, but Gearslutz isn't a 24-hour flame-fest like PSW. I try to behave myself when I'm here.
Old 20th July 2003
One of the main scientists responsible for exaggerating the attack readiness from intelligence data from Iraq was in the middle of a press expose and a public enquiry.

Just so happens two days ago that he's been found face down dead in the country side. It's a mammoth scandal on the front pages here. One is lead to the conclusion that MI5 (the UK secret service) murdered him.

**** sandwich.

tutt
Old 20th July 2003
Lives for gear

Allow me to add another detail.
The Adriatic Sea, Eastern Sea and other parts of the Atlantic are heavily contaminated with loads of disposed poison gas which have been thrown in during and after the second world war. Since a while now as leakage has started, people have died who came in contact with senfgas ( don´t know the English term ) and similar sorts which appear clumpy in the water. Progressively fish are found genetically totally disfiguremented and it has already been requested to find out what there is to come, but the scientist request has been suppressed.

One could be thinking the coming threat from this would be enough already to get restless about what there will be happening, but instead it is becoming more with every military action of the US. The turnover intention of the weapon industry, say the most effective way to get their hands on stage budget as a significant motive behind the military aggressions causes more severe pollution of the seas.

The pilots have the order to get rid of their bombs in any way. What they didn´t manage to release over the fighting area they are urged to release it into the ocean. Because of "security purposes".
Besides of the fact that this means each time senselessly items being thrown over board each costing between 10 and hundreds of thousands Dollars tax money ( while actually being only worth a microscopic fraction of it ) together with the world wide dying of the reefs this is concreting the death of the oceans.

Is this **** insane or isn´t it!?

I just don´t get it into my head. As we all know among the people who defend the conservative parties, say the mafia ( ok, which means not only the officially conservatives, same with so called democrates and other established players of the theatre ) there are fine guys. How can they be so stubborn, so persistantly blinded about all the incredible things happening, due to the political power they still support!?

What would it need to make them realize their contribution to turning the earth into a smoking ball?

Is there anything?
Old 20th July 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Pricey

Flaming people is fun, but Gearslutz isn't a 24-hour flame-fest like PSW. I try to behave myself when I'm here.
LMFBO Pricey

I try to behave too here, but Jules had a hard editing time putting ** between F and K in my first posts over here heh .

My first signature was "comming from PSW, I'll try to behave"

malice
Old 24th July 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruphus
Now, if anybody thought there would come a pause of this kind of lucrative war projects for the weapon industry, then he would be unfortunately wrong.

Have you heard of Bush´s and friend´s newest project HCV yet?
Remember of that silly star wars project under Reagan that costed US tax payers over 600 billion bucks for nothing?

HCV is another one of those stupid but for a certain league profitting ideas. It shall mean wedges to be thrown on enemies from up on space level. Go and check it out.

Bush declares that with it any attempt of bad, bad enemies to come close to the US armament will be immediately destroyed and that USA politics will further be deciding and executing war actions all alone without western Allies.

Little and mid class folks in the states, prepare for your next heavy tax round while you still will have to pay additionals more than already.

And should it later come out that the wedges trick won´t work the way supposed, because of wedges heating up too much and getting soft or because the idea in general was complete BS, never mind. It will have fulfilled its purpose already. Star wars project did too.

Have a nice day.
From the latest news Iraq as the new Vietnam seems less impossible from day to day.

Anyway, despite of the biggest potential deal in history settled with Iraqs oil for private industry as a result of the belonging useful politics US states buget this year is predicted 455 billions Dollars minus. Projects like HCV meanwhile are still to come.
I wonder how things will look like for US tax payers once with over a trillion $ national depts.
Old 26th July 2003
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Don't hold your breath. We're not interested.

Blenderman is the "designated hit man" this month, but if he came over here I don't think people would be amused.

If anyone starts another "Anti-War" thread over at PSW, I'll refer them to this thread, where they will find plenty of kindred spirits.
Some small minded types like you followers of the crackpot
Ayn Rand seem to have a difficult time differentiating between
anti-war and anti-ILLEGAL WAR...why do you hang around and act like such a dolt on these issues...go back and play with
Blenderman...Ayn Rand...jeeze I thought we all got over that
crap in second year.

Aardvark
Old 26th July 2003
Gear Nut

Don't worry. I won't be hanging around Gearslutz and bringing down the neighborhood. I have enough sense to repsect the "vibe" of a forum. If you want to express certain opinions without being flamed, that is understandable.

BTW, I am not the one who started a political thread on an AE forum. So don't complain.

So long.
Old 26th July 2003
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Don't worry. I won't be hanging around Gearslutz and bringing down the neighborhood. I have enough sense to repsect the "vibe" of a forum. If you want to express certain opinions without being flamed, that is understandable.

BTW, I am not the one who started a political thread on an AE forum. So don't complain.

So long.
Seems to me this thread suits some folks here just fine...maybe
you failed to notice that one has an option to ignore areas
of discussion not to ones taste. I suspect you do not sense
well certain vibes and I think you confuse complain with disdain.
...just what discussions have you ever started on an AE forum?
Oh and I suppose you find Blenderman et al amusing??
Gotta get you some new books...

Aardvark
Old 27th July 2003
Gear Nut

I should clarify -- political stuff unrelated to music belongs in the "Off-Topic" area. That would be "Gossip" at PSW, or "The Moan Zone" at Gearslutz. It's just good etiquette. Go ahead and post a political thread in Jules' forum, if you think it's a cool thing to do.

Etiquette exists for a reason -- it enables people to get along with each other. When people disregard etiquette, they should expect to be flamed.

Since you don't like me, I'll try to avoid you. Just stop talking about me, OK?
Old 27th July 2003
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I should clarify -- political stuff unrelated to music belongs in the "Off-Topic" area. That would be "Gossip" at PSW, or "The Moan Zone" at Gearslutz. It's just good etiquette. Go ahead and post a political thread in Jules' forum, if you think it's a cool thing to do.

Etiquette exists for a reason -- it enables people to get along with each other. When people disregard etiquette, they should expect to be flamed.

Since you don't like me, I'll try to avoid you. Just stop talking about me, OK?
What on earth are you talking about?? Has your desire to be
noticed (Blenderman...very original) obscured reality a bit?

I have never mentioned you in a post or pm in my life...your
idiot troll persona...the great funny blenderman... I have
mentioned but TROLLS are fair game. You might have figured out
that there is a reason no-one gets the joke but you...it, like you,
is not funny. Now get a life and ****off.

Aardvark
Old 28th July 2003
Lives for gear

Thought I could just copy and paste from a letter to a friend.

Quote:
Today and yesterday I read a report about how it was during war in Iraq. Man, there can´t be any doubt. The soldier who would be minding about ethics is a unicum. Rarity. Those who still get trauma in the majority seem to get such from experienced threats to their own lifes rather than from realizing to have superfluously wiped out lifes. The vast majority especially after being loaded with mass mentality in troups come to be eager to blow up things. That´s why they, if they have nothing around to appear threatening, just blow cars or shot camels and goats.
Yes man, the primitive reality is that most get depressed if they have to return without having killed and those who were "succesful" are barely suffering from the actions they did. One must rather picture them to be proud to have experienced to blow off someones head without a blink and having learned how easy it is emotionally as long as the own life isn´t under risk. Each time a killer is born. A person who won´t empathize anymore. An emotional idiot, no matter what sympathy he might be pretending in his future life.

About the atmosphere taken out from between the lines of the report and also from moody photos.
It appears just obvious that US warship is directly inspired from naive movies like from like Spaceship Enterprise to heros of Vietnam epos etc.pp. Everything from planes which politics like to shop regardless of prices between 140 mio E and 600 000 000 E ... or was it 1.2 billion$ per piece? I forgot, it was a couple of years ago when I read the numbers ( man, is that plain sick overpriced!!!) which can release bombs automatically at nearest flight point while the bomb then checks satellite radiation autonomously and steers itself into the goal ... From there to the officers who sit in air-conditioned tents in front of giant monitors each head with chic wirelss headset on and corresponding with troups per e-mail ... and watching satellite "TV" on the topological spots in question. They play a ****en movie!

On the pics you can see the atmosphere. People who are allowed to be the good ones, heroes among themselves, equipped with sunglasses, laptops and all that comes handy in the aura of superiority, enjoying the great party mood of a luxury game, allowed to be endlessly important while they in reality havn´t really much to do, but for all this there comes in a very convinient amount of cash steadily on their account ... and not only that: In a country of boundless usury, where medical treatment costs alone can easily ruin a whole family within weeks the US Army takes all insurances fees. Thus also why Private First Class Mike Cash returned to the Army when he couldn´t pay the bills for his fallen ill doughter. Right on the first day of war he blew off the head of a Iraqy who had surrendered. Who cares ...

All this being pepped up for the boys to feel a patriotic whatsoever fantasy. Nothing is left out to give the whole game semblance of substance. From B-2 pilots who´s route is extra lined along NY so that they shall have the romantic event to see the liberty statue on their way from Missouri to Bagdad ahead to Mr.President afterwards coming around to show himself personally to the boys and thank them for exceptional bravery, naturally.

And the money "is there in abundance". Absoluely. They build up whole cities just for a couple of weeks sake or even climated hangars for a couple of their F-117 on Diego Garcia, no problem. Every dollar from the hundreds of billions spend for such a game is appreciated by those at home who let their modestly paid employees produce all for the state so outrageously overpriced stuff and who´s chiefs again get richer themselves some tenth to hundreds millions of bucks only from that. Have you ever imagined cheering individuals like "Yahooooo!!! The war is agreed!! Yipeeeeiyeah!!!"? I´m sure that you have as an educated and informed person.

So, while it definitly is a fun game for the guys in the containers, tents and planes, those who learn to fear reality are the so called pioneers. They are being send on the ground with the cheapest stuff which hardly protects against bullets and not at all against heavy weapons. These guys are the ones who enjoy it as a game only until the start. From there they are in all time stress, must fear mines, snipers and what there could cross their way. No laptops, only cheapo sunglasses, much less coolness.

Thankfully, the Iraqy soldiers didn´t have serious patriotic feelings or whatever one shall call thelike in conjunction with that AH Saddam. Otherwise all that sheer incredible bombing that the US army uses to practise over the poor targets wouldn´t had helped against a giant desaster among thousands of soldiers. BTW, have you asked yourself how comes accidentally both sun of bitch Saddams offspring have been killed?

In case you find it interesting, the army costs of:

All European countries = 153 billion $
Russians = 11 billions
Chinese = 20 billions
US = 348 billions

348 000 000 000 bucks all for an none-productive process. Only in advantage of a few mafiosi. Imagine this money had been invested to support the low to middle class Americans. What that could had meant. ... And what assholes people are who initiate such action. Sorry for long text. I was just in a mood for that.

Greets,
Ruphus
Old 12th August 2003
A guy at the Ministry Of Defence here in the UK - Dr Kelly - commited suicide recently - this cause a HUGE press interest.

He was in the middle of discussions with 3 BBC journalists about how he personally, under instuction from govenment, 'sexed up' (exagerated to get attention) Iraq's ability to mount an attack with WOMD in 45mins notice.

There is now a HUGE public equirey into his statements to the BBC. So far all fingers point to the government & in particular, Tony Blair's notorius press secretary Alistair Campbel..... requesting that dossiers produced by the (now dead) Dr Kelly, to look MORE threatening than they actually were..

Fudged evidence was presented to us for a reason to go to war.

This is on TV - ALL DAY, its a HUGE scandal here... I wonder if folks will ever get to hear about it in the US?
Old 12th August 2003
Lives for gear

I read this could lead to Labour party once again not making a second legislative period.

( Besides: A couple of days ago I read such an impressing report about a single collateral damage that I felt very much like translating it into English for this thread. But decided it would be too much time for too much lack of influence on those who´d be in need of it.)

Ruphus
Old 12th August 2003
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Jules
A guy at the Ministry Of Defence here in the UK - Dr Kelly - commited suicide recently - this cause a HUGE press interest...
This is on TV - ALL DAY, its a HUGE scandal here... I wonder if folks will ever get to hear about it in the US?
It is seeing a fair bit of coverage on this side of the pond but the general take is that the good doctor had nothing to do with the "sexing up" of said document and that he was despondent over said allegations.

Cheers,
Aardvark

P.S. I trust you have A.C. in your shop Jules?!!?
Old 1st October 2003
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Randall
[,, God help us all,my worst fear is that my son 3 years old as seen in the Avatar will have to sacrifice his life for this **** because I see no end for it in our lifetimes [/B]
Well there is always Canada. I'm an old guy now and my experience was with the Vietnam guys who came here after being drafted or deserted and came here. I opened my home to literally hundreds who past through over the main years of the war. There were all types but mainly I tried to help the guys who had spent a significant amount of time under fire and had deserted, on leave, rather than go back.
These were guys who had been wounded and had lost lot of buddies in fire fights, some called them cowards, not me. These were the bravest guys I had ever met. They left thier homes families and country mainly because they had lost faith in what they were being asked to do. I had guys tell me it was harder than going over to Nam the first time.
I once sat through a conversation that happened at my kitchen table between a Veitnamese guy, who was here at school when the war first started, and a guy who had done two tours in the paratroopers. The Veitnamese guy was related to the family that won the election for the communists, his uncle was the legitamet president that the US over threw when they moved in. His entire family was dead, wiped out by the regime that the US installed. Our government was busily trying to send him back to face the same fate. Most of the guys Grub (the American) had served with were dead. The conversation went on for almost a day, many tears were shed on all sides. So man if it comes to it send that young lad up here, I'll tell my lads to keep an eye open for him. Take care Logan
Old 2nd October 2003
Lives for gear

Had your telling in my head this morning. Very impressing.
Do you know what became of the Vietnamese guy?

Ruphus
Old 2nd October 2003
Gear Addict

Ruphus
Sadly I don't know what became of him, he stayed around for a couple of weeks then moved on. He was living under ground and working, as a cook, in Chinese restraunts. He had an engineering degree but the Canadian government had cancelled his visa. There were people working on his behalf, but they were worried he would be scooped up and sent back before his appeals could be heard. There were so many struggles going on then, Black Panthers and weathermen and american GIs to help, Chileans fleeing Pinochet. Plus me and mine were constantly under attack, from the cops, for our street actions and community organizing, so "Ky" (the name he used then) slipped off my radar. Take care Logan
Old 2nd October 2003
Lives for gear

I see.

Thanks, Logan.

Ruphus
Old 3rd October 2003
Lives for gear

No WMD in Irak, the news is from the CIA commission.

Well ...

malice
Old 3rd October 2003
Wee were liberatin thee Irakee peepul, so it's all OK, wee won, I saw it on the TeeVee. We will go an kick ass whare ever wee like, we alway win, we are number One. Every bodie want to bee like uz, ifn they dont wee will kik thar asses. The whole world luvs us for doin all this.

Old 3rd October 2003
Lives for gear

Well,

Jules, I don't know you personaly, but I think it is the first time I'm seeing you sarcastic.

Next time I'm in London, I'll buy you a lagger, mate heh

malice
Old 3rd October 2003
Lives for gear

The administration wouldn´t even bother to go for nuclear catastroph in Korea I am sadly convinced. That time at the latest American citizens should wake up, before I mean.

And I could even think of that they would. Hopefully.

Ruphus
Old 3rd October 2003
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Jules
Wee were liberatin thee Irakee peepul, so it's all OK, wee won, I saw it on the TeeVee. We will go an kick ass whare ever wee like, we alway win, we are number One. Every bodie want to bee like uz, ifn they dont wee will kik thar asses. The whole world luvs us for doin all this.

You vill co-operate! OR ELSE!!!! stike

Mark
Old 23rd November 2003
Lives for gear

Sorry friends for bringing up the old thread again.

But I just read an article about Jessica Lynch and as much as that name upset me back then for the hollywood crap behind it I am so positively surprised to read how that girl really is.

She is a straight fellow from the country and did not take the chance to adapt the lie of a hero story and live comfortable and with bucks for the rest of her life.

She actually does not agree with the invasion and condemns the BS propaganda that has been made out of her case.

heh The object herself has character!

She didn´t let herself get corrupted and I think that is really admirable. I´d like to embrace her for the way she is.

Ruphus

PS: The clever who claimed to have allegedly rescued her and who is being pampered now should be retoured and instead their doctors be addressed who treated her the way they did while their own countrymen were dying in the corridors.
Yet, typicaly the upside down case gets conserved until the end ... The crafty gets rewarded and the upright receives the heel in the back.
Economics on a doctrine.
Old 24th November 2003
Lives for gear

not again

heh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search