The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
another WAR 2003 Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 12th February 2003
Lives for gear

a lot of opinions in here are sounding like a good and promising way to go . thanks yall , peace
Old 12th February 2003
jon
Capitol Studios Paris

great post, tonedaddy...thanks for sharing that.

Old 12th February 2003
jon
Capitol Studios Paris

Here's a link to current news from the DOD....for and about the men and women on the front lines. Imagine what they must be feeling right now.

http://defendamerica.mil/index.html
Old 13th February 2003
Here for the gear

hi

hi buddies -
i'm from Ukraine. the forum is xllnt, so it would be terrible when couple of bombs will close forum :((((( that's terrible... we don't know exactly whats going on. some ambitious men like to play weapon, but nuendo...
(sorry for xxx American English
Old 13th February 2003
Here for the gear

just like to add: when I'd been in CA, Carmel in 1992 I was shocked by colourfull pix of Americans from 1941-45. Pix of my relatives are all b/w.
Agreed with Knox: "They say this war is going to cost us TRILLIONS!! It would be nice if one day a President used that
kind of money to take care of the problems right here in America?"
... or somewhere else. Friend of mine, composer, 20 years ago had said (we where kinda 18): "when i'll got rich, i will certainly build an excellent super musical school for a children, simply to make of them genious's".
"It was just a dream".
Take care...
Attached Images
another WAR 2003-prisoner.jpg 
Old 13th February 2003
jon
Capitol Studios Paris

Polch, how is the new VV album Faino doing over there?

Oleg came up to Paris with his home-recorded PT stuff and I mixed the first two tracks on that album, Svit and Rai.
Old 14th February 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by BrianT
There is a saying that applies, IMO : "Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way".

Regards,
Brian T
I respect your opinion, but . . . that quote sounds like some kind of 'Good Ole Boy', redneck GI Joe crap to me.

Does it seem strange to you that Saudi Arabia is not overly concerned with Saddam's nuclear capablity . . . . but we are . . . . thousands and thousands of miles away? Does it bother you that ONLY Great Britain is the only 'real' country that is behind us? Nato? UN? Nope! Only our 'good ole boy' gung ho president! Now we hear North Korea has nuclear warheads that can reach our west coast. Don't you think he better be more worried about someone that indeed has capability over a speculative one? Homeland security? He better worry about that. As soon as he starts attacking Iraq . . .we are going to have suicide bombers walking into cafes here.

He can't find Bin Laden, he may not find Saddam . . . hell he can't find Eric Rudolph.
Old 14th February 2003
Lives for gear

To be factual, over half of the countries in NATO have publicly and officially expressed support the US in this situation and for military action in Iraq. Check it for yourself here

As far as finding Bin Laden, you're right. We missed him. How would you have done it differently? But keep in mind that the Russians spent ten years in Afghanistan trying and failing to do what America did in 3 months. Namely, bring some sort of order. We won't know for another year or two whether or not the people of Afghanistan are on their way to lasting peace and stability. I very much hope so.

I can tell you this. I know a few recording artists who have traveled to Afghanistan since the Taliban were booted. There was no question in their minds that the people living there felt very much liberated and were very thankful to Americans for showing up. The Taliban were just flat whacked. I mean blowing up 1000 year old internationally treasured statues because Allah told them to? Public executions of women as a national sporting event?

As far as the "G.I. Joe crap". No offense taken. I grew up in Texas and sometimes there's probably a little bit of that in me. "Remember the Alamo" and the like. But what I mean is that confusion and paralysis due to confusion are not productive in any circumstances.

I will guarantee one thing. Hanging out, doing nothing, and hoping for the best will very likely put nukes in the hands of a bunch of unstable countries over the next decade. And there will be literal hell to pay eventually. Does that mean we should go after Iraq right now? I don't know. But it might.

In case we've all forgotten, Israel bombed a nearly completed Iraqi nuclear reactor in 1981. Unilateral and completely illegal. Created a firestorm of protests. Read about it here

But for that, Iraq would have had, and likely used, nukes by the time it invaded Kuwait in 1991. But at the time, the Israelis were vilified. In retrospect, seems like maybe that raid was a good idea.

And now I wonder why I compose online novellas regarding politics on a music forum mostly populated by Mac wielding liberals. Hmmmm. I suppose I might be mental. Sometimes I scare me.

Regards,
Brian T
Old 14th February 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
And now I wonder why I compose online novellas regarding politics on a music forum mostly populated by Mac wielding liberals. Hmmmm. I suppose I might be mental. Sometimes I scare me.

Regards,
Brian T
*SMILE* I take offense to that!! lol
Actually, I'm proud of us that we can all state our views and not go frikkin' crazy. It's funny, we will get in a fight over a dumbass mic pre comment, but talk complete opposite views regarding war and our future and do it with some sort of dignity!
Old 14th February 2003
Lives for gear

come on BrianT :

the americans did that in 3 month what the russians couldnt do in 10 years tutt what do you wanna say with that ??? that the americans are all related to superman himself ??? fuuck
i had the chance to watch russian military in the times when germany was devided into east and west .
it scared the **** out of me , and i am more than glad that those times and those ****ed up games during the cold war are over .

every time russia or the us were involved in a war , the opposite site supported the target country . america supported afghanistan , russia supported vietnam etc.
last time the us was in afghanistan , that game was already over . thats why it took your supertroops just 3 months .

but the goal and the reasons of that war couldnt be reached .
maybe they arent that clever and powerful as you might think .

the only way to learn from for us ( probably we arent that clever as well heh ) is history . we still have to many people even in our own countrys who are looking up to the wrong leaders and the wrong ideas . why ??? thats simple ...
cause they are either

1) supressed already

1) stupid

3) or are clever and want to make other , innocent people follow their evil ideas . thats real simple and works most of the times if people arent living in a satisfying situation .
( whatever satisfying means )

" why dont you have no money and your family is starving ??? "

" cause its the green peoples fault , if we kill them all your problems will be solved tomorrow "

and it works that way on both sides . why are people going to a war ??? the us people are going there cause theyve signed a contract when they were maybe 18 . why did they join the army ??? maybe 1% are those redneck g.i joes , raised by their gun loving parents . what can u expect ? but those guys will cry like little boys latest when theres a need to cutoff their two legs in fact of an explosion . 99% are probably there cause they have no other chance in the real world . they are probably poor people which arent unable to become a famous nba or nfl player , neither they cant run their own music studio . they are ****ed .

we educate you ! your price is , you go to war !

more to come ,

PEACE
Old 14th February 2003
Lives for gear

So does this mean you're cynical, or I'm naive?

Regards,
Brian T
Old 14th February 2003
Lives for gear

good question brian , to be honest ...

i am clueless
Old 14th February 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
So does this mean you're cynical, or I'm naive?
Thruth, in very complicated situations, like this one, is often in between

no offense

I new I couldn't resist posting again, but that's cool, the discussion takes place among gentlemen ...

malice
Old 14th February 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by malice
the discussion takes place among gentlemen ...

malice
Don't include me in that frikkin' "gentlemen" comment . . . I'll kick ur ass!

Malice, you sure you are doing ok? Tax man got you messed up? Got jock itch? Toe jam football? The squirts? You are acting like a human-type. You got a bad fever? Geez, you didn't screw up and fall in love did you? Aw geez!
Old 14th February 2003
"All is fair in love, war and gear purchases" - J.Standen
Old 15th February 2003
Lives for gear

we must go to war!!!
if we leave saddam to be, in 1-5 ys we will have a monster with nuclear wepons and the all the "pretty face" hippys who shout love love will have no more freedom.
i think most people would rather belive the oil and the zionist consp. but i for one would rather not take the very high risk of leaving saddam(and after Iran and n. korea) to do their thing.
america it the bravest nation with the most insight out of all the nations .
i find it funny how many people hate america for being a symbol of freedom and success and still without america you freaks would all be blue eyed blonds today . i support america 100% and i dont buy the consp. theor.

look around you people OUR FREEDOM is at stake and if we keep our eyes shut it will be too late , the US is preventing a 3rd world war its not creating it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this war is not about killing innocent people its about removing a dictator who threatened and is still threat to the free world(or the west as some might say) .
we must bring democracy to all countrys ban religion and then it would be much better.dfegad
Old 15th February 2003
Here for the gear

Actually what is most worrying is the increasing gap between americans (or at least their administration) and the rest of the world.

None of us actually knows why the Bush administration wants to go to war so badly. Saddam Hussein is just not beleivable, he's just a small-time dictator.

And its the Iraqii people who should choose their leader. Not americans. The U.N. has done that (ensure free elections) many times before and it would be easy to do it in Iraq. But the US is not interested since Saddam is not the reason they will go to war.

If we simply look at who gains what one of the most probable theories is that Bush needs a distraction to get re-elected.

And why does he need a distraction? The US economy is falling apart. US expansion since the mid 80:s has been financed by the rest of the world. The US administrations have been borrowing money abroad. *Lots* of money. In ever increasing amounts each year.

Now the US economy is rapidly approaching economical red alert. The interest rate weapon has already been used. Employment in industry (making products) has declined constantly since 1998 and so on. Stockmarkets are falling and will most likely continue to do just that. This has been offset by the real-estate bubble but if we see it historically real-estate usually lags equities by two years and many signs says real-estate topped last year.

Foreigners today hold about 9 trillion dollars in US paper liabilities and are becoming very worried about getting their money back. About 25% of every asset (private or not) that is financed by credit in the US is in reality owned by foreigners. Bin Ladins relatives own a large chunk of their ass.

Taxes would need to be raised to shocking levels in the US just to pay interest and hold debt at current level.

And just like in an infomercial it gets even worse. If you read things like The Economist everyone is increasingly worried about deflation in the US. And we are already seeing signs of it. The US Fed response to these worries (in january) was that if this happens they will flood the market with dollars and create hyperinflation (like in germany in the 20s).

Now look at Bush. He knows all this. He wants to be re-elected and needs a distraction. Now what have emperors done throughout history to distract? Right, they start a war.

In this case Bush probably also hope to add some hard assets to the crashing US economy (he needs this to loan more money abroad) - like confiscating the Iraqii oil resources.
Old 15th February 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Knox
Don't include me in that frikkin' "gentlemen" comment . . . I'll kick ur ass!

Malice, you sure you are doing ok? Tax man got you messed up? Got jock itch? Toe jam football? The squirts? You are acting like a human-type. You got a bad fever? Geez, you didn't screw up and fall in love did you? Aw geez!
Knox,

I'm always in love, and I'm very human.
See, I'm like Slipperman, pretending to be mean, but very nice on the whole.

And you are a gentlemen to me, no ****.
If I ever go to Atlanta, I let you know where I will be staying, so you can kick my ass heh

malice
Old 15th February 2003
Lives for gear

and moskvitch, nice post
Old 15th February 2003
Jules and co at the London peace march

Hi! Hello live from the anti war march in London. I am with fellow Gearslutz Bevvy and Meg Lee Chin. Steve Crittall is out there somewhere too!
Old 15th February 2003
Lives for gear

Re: Jules and co at the London peace march

Quote:
Originally posted by Jules
Hi! Hello live from the anti war march in London. I am with fellow Gearslutz Bevvy and Meg Lee Chin. Steve Crittall is out there somewhere too!
Good for you Jules!
There HAS to be a better way to solve this problem then war.
Old 15th February 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by malice
Knox,

I'm always in love, and I'm very human.
See, I'm like Slipperman, pretending to be mean, but very nice on the whole.

And you are a gentlemen to me, no ****.
If I ever go to Atlanta, I let you know where I will be staying, so you can kick my ass heh

malice
Malice . . . . It's all this talk of War. I got into it for a minute! I went GI JOE!!
We all know that kicking ass is the solution to ALL problems. DUH!
Old 15th February 2003
jon
Capitol Studios Paris

Quote:
Originally posted by moskvitch
Taxes would need to be raised to shocking levels in the US just to pay interest and hold debt at current level.
I don't agree with your post, but no big deal. It's just intriguing to see someone from Sweden, of all places, talking about shocking levels of taxes.

heh
Old 15th February 2003
jon
Capitol Studios Paris

Re: Jules and co at the London peace march

Quote:
Originally posted by Jules
While you are out there demonstrating, please take a moment to say a little prayer of thanks for the many folks who gave their lives to protect your freedom to do that.
Old 15th February 2003
Lives for gear

Re: Re: Jules and co at the London peace march

Quote:
Originally posted by jon
While you are out there demonstrating, please take a moment to say a little prayer of thanks for the many folks who gave their lives to protect your freedom to do that.

i agree but jon let me tell u somthing about english people , its better to go on a march then to have a wank at home(rub yourself against others is better) , english people are more intrested in consp. theor. then the true facts and on top of that they do forget that the reason england is still england is because of america in the first place (blue eyed blond hair failed revolution due to the US) . i didnt like blair until now , i will vote for him and i trust his judgement now more then ever.

i have my eyes open and i can see the sward above my head but unfourtunatly most english man(and woman) see only the pint infront of them....peace can only exist if its EVERYWHERE ON THE PLANET and we have to bring democracy to all the countrys otherwise we risk another hitler style rise . i just saw some leader from kwait saying some true words- " we cant be two faced and not agree with what america and england are doing because we know first hand what saddam is like and we are all better without him"

the war is not against islam its against the extreamism that bubbles from with in it.
Old 15th February 2003
Lives for gear

JULES
Old 15th February 2003
Lives for gear

i dont see the relevance of germans and french to the situation( two countrys that have always made the wrong decisions and still do so).
Old 15th February 2003
jon
Capitol Studios Paris

I wonder where were the demonstrators when Iraq invaded Kuwait.

Or during the days after 9/11.

It's always been more 'cool' to demonstrate against the US than against despots or dictators...hey, we gotta be cool. It's important in cultural circles.
Old 15th February 2003
Gear Head

One thought, US want to push democracy on to all countries (no wrong with that), but they cant accept a global one(UN). They want to be worldleaders and set their rules for the other kids on the bollpark.
Old 15th February 2003
jon
Capitol Studios Paris

The UN has become increasingly discredited. Have a look at which country is chairing the human rights committee right now.

As institutions, the UN and NATO have a rough road ahead.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search