The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Weather..
Old 17th January 2003
Moderator emeritus

Weather..

I've been working in the studio all day while it snowed more than 6 inches here. Apparently things are a mess in Nashville (I haven't left the property...); a friend called and said that he'd spent more than 5 hours sitting on the freeway in an accident related trafic jam.

Nashville is a nice place to live, but we apparently only own two snowplows. And there really is no mass transit here; to get around, you have to have a car. I'm glad I didn't have to get out today...
Old 17th January 2003
Lives for gear

So I should not mention its going to be around 33c today in melbourne, We do not get snow here as you know..
Hows things Dave

Who needs to leave the building when you have gear to play with, who needs a life anyway.
Old 17th January 2003
High End Moderator

Yep, took me three hours to get to the studio today, normally I get there in 20 minutes. 9 inches of snow out there. Luckily I just got new tires, obviously other people didn't, it was a mess out there. I think I'll stay home tomorrow if it's still nasty out there. Dave, that's where having the studio near your house comes in handy
Old 17th January 2003
There is only one

we only got 3 inches so far... but i got 4WD in all my vehicles. tomorrow, donuts in snow covered fields in my truck
Old 17th January 2003
Lives for gear

It's supposed to get down to 18 degrees in Florida tonight!!!... I'm heading south this weekend...
Old 17th January 2003
Lives for gear

Dave...maybe you should think about your hometown for a bit...here in Midland, we are getting sunny and 53 today...

Actually looked like rain last week...turned out to be nothing but foreplay, though...
Old 17th January 2003
Lives for gear

Hey Dave, i can relate, KC got about 5 inches yesterday, and you would think there had been a 4' blizzard.. folks just don,t know how to drive in this stuff here ( I am from canada.. eh?) and I think Kansas City must have loaned nashville it's 2 snowplows...
Old 17th January 2003
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by davemc
So I should not mention its going to be around 33c today in melbourne, We do not get snow here as you know..
Hows things Dave

Who needs to leave the building when you have gear to play with, who needs a life anyway.
Things are fine - I'm about 2 pieces of trim molding away from having the walls of my control room done. Standing in the snow yesterday to cut and sand the trim was not as nice as I'd like, though. Now all I have to do is figure out what I want to do with the ceiling.

But if I could figure out a way for someone to hire me in Melbourne, I'd be down there in a second. Of course, I'd probably complain about the heat...
Old 17th January 2003
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by alphajerk
we only got 3 inches so far... but i got 4WD in all my vehicles. tomorrow, donuts in snow covered fields in my truck
4WD must be the trick - my wife is driving a Subaru Outback, which had no problems getting out of the driveway and into town this morning. I tried to back my pickup over to the studio to load the table saw up, and couldn't get all the way there. And it's only a few hundred feet...
Old 17th January 2003
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by mwagener
Yep, took me three hours to get to the studio today, normally I get there in 20 minutes. 9 inches of snow out there. Luckily I just got new tires, obviously other people didn't, it was a mess out there. I think I'll stay home tomorrow if it's still nasty out there. Dave, that's where having the studio near your house comes in handy
THe other thing, Michael, is that you know how to drive on snow; most of the folks here don't. I hope you stayed home - you could probably use the day off...
Old 17th January 2003
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by Midlandmorgan
Dave...maybe you should think about your hometown for a bit...here in Midland, we are getting sunny and 53 today...
Yeah, but then I'd be in Abilene...

And I remember a couple of wonderful trips in Texas - 8.5 hours from Sweetwater to Odessa (Less than 100 miles), 9 hours from Denton to Abilene (about 200 miles), and once, 11 hours from Fort Worth to Abilene (150 miles).
Old 17th January 2003
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Smith
I think Kansas City must have loaned nashville it's 2 snowplows...
If they did, they must have been put into a garage for safekeeping - the guys who were out in it yesterday said that none were in sight...

I just heard that we're supposed to get down around 8 degrees tonight. I wonder if I should just leave the gear on, or if I should actually turn off the air conditioning in the control room for the first time this year...
Old 17th January 2003
Jax
Lives for gear

California.
Old 17th January 2003
Here for the gear

Left Music Row 1:30 pm, got home at 7:30pm, normal 20 minute drive. Two hours spent in the hood in view of driveway !
moan ...
Old 17th January 2003
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by rtreat
Left Music Row 1:30 pm, got home at 7:30pm, normal 20 minute drive. Two hours spent in the hood in view of driveway !
moan ...
That'll teach you to live in the suburbs - the first year I was in Nashville, we lived on 16th Avenue (which was a good thing, since there was 11 inches of snow on the ground the day we moved here in 1985)...

By the way - have we met?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search