The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Can't keep track of my shit!!!!!!!!
Old 9th January 2003
Lives for gear

Can't keep track of my shit!!!!!!!!

I own a two room commercial place with so much gear every where people are always misplacing stuff. When i do quarterly inventory wierd small stuff always comes up missing... Not stuff anyone would ever steal. It just seems with so many people doing sessions along with gigs outside the building that its impossible to keep up with. I NEVER had this issue when I did everything myself.....Well almost never. Please someone offer suggestions or just sympathize..
I just spent 2 hours looking for an old ashly st. comp I haven't used in years!rollz
Old 10th January 2003
Lives for gear

FWIW,

I would suggest an inventory "signout" checklist: As things get borrowed/moved from room to room, and/or out the door, have a gear list tacked to the wall (preferrably near the door!) that all MUST write down:
1) what they are moving/borrowing
2) date
3) return date

This can help to track items MIA, and also gives a sense of accountability to all using the facility...

YMMV
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear