The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Who stole Kanyes pacifier!!! Condenser Microphones
Old 10th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Who stole Kanyes pacifier!!!

This kid makes me laugh! He cries about everything! I dig his music but he needs to get a grip!

LAS VEGAS -- Sour grapes from Kanye West — again. Shut out at the Video Music Awards, Kanye West threw a tantrum Sunday night in front of media and crew backstage as the MTV show was ending.

West, waiting for an elevator in a crowded hallway, began yelling about losing all five categories for which he was nominated.

"That's two years in a row, man ... give a black man a chance," West said, stomping around his entourage and directing his comments at a reporter. "I'm trying hard man, I have the ... number one record, man."

West said he never will return to MTV.dfegad
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
West said he never will return to MTV.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

yeah right.
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabo View Post
This kid makes me laugh! He cries about everything! I dig his music but he needs to get a grip!

LAS VEGAS -- Sour grapes from Kanye West — again. Shut out at the Video Music Awards, Kanye West threw a tantrum Sunday night in front of media and crew backstage as the MTV show was ending.

West, waiting for an elevator in a crowded hallway, began yelling about losing all five categories for which he was nominated.

"That's two years in a row, man ... give a black man a chance," West said, stomping around his entourage and directing his comments at a reporter. "I'm trying hard man, I have the ... number one record, man."

Ha ha ha! that's funny.

He's really got to stop believing his hype.

With his ego being soo big that's just gotta hurt!

Dosen't he already have an mtv award, jeez let it go bruv, move on....grow up!
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

dfegad MTV.
Old 10th September 2007
Gear Maniac

It says something when an artist gets all buttHURT for not getting a MTV award!! PLEEEEEEEEEEESE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10th September 2007
Gear Maniac

i didnt even see the show! just saw britanny spears and LOVED IT!!!!WOW............. WHAT A WRECK!!!
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Addict

man youd think all that money would keep him warm at night. This seriously lowered my respect for kanye. Wasnt it like a week ago he was saying that justin timberlake was his biggest competition and how he was really impressed with him. Timberlake took home all the awards, guess that says something.
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear

It's really funny that the only thing people say about the MTV music awards is that Britney couldn't dance and that she looked fat, etc... I mean, is a music award program supposed to be about awards? It's really funny what this industry has come to...
Old 11th September 2007
Jai guru deva om

I guess MTV doesn't care about black people either.

War
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabo View Post

This is a true story....the short version.

Assistant shows up at the studio early..as alot do

Kanye shows up early and asks the assistant to bring up a mix

Assistant does so and starts playing back the mix for Kanye

Kanye starts nodding his head to the beats

Kanye looks at the Assistant and says "you know what? Im the best rapper out there today"

Assistant laughs out loud.

Awkward

Assistant asked never to be put on a Kanye session again

Give a black man a chance? why don't we worry about getting some kind of slightly original material before we worry about if we are black or not. This guy is obviously a talented artist but all of his stuff is un-original and cheesey.

He needs to use his talent to make something that is actually good and not something that he thinks will be a #1 record. Hes already huge.....if he makes something with some actual soul behind it people are going to listen

But either way....**** awards. As everyone else has pointed out MTV is bunk anyways....so why is he trying to make records to please them? Thats how you end up with total cheese
Old 12th September 2007
no ssl yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent-sam View Post

Kanye looks at the Assistant and says "you know what? Im the best rapper out there today"

Awkward

Give a black man a chance? why don't we worry about getting some kind of slightly original material before we worry about if we are black or not. This guy is obviously a talented artist but all of his stuff is un-original and cheesey.

He needs to use his talent to make something that is actually good and not something that he thinks will be a #1 record. Hes already huge.....if he makes something with some actual soul behind it people are going to listen

But either way....**** awards. As everyone else has pointed out MTV is bunk anyways....so why is he trying to make records to please them? Thats how you end up with total cheese
Ummmm I don't know if any of you dudes are black, but "give a black man a chance" is a figure of speech. LOL It's a regular expression.

And as far as bringing up the George Bush Doesn't care about White people, that was probably Kanye's ONLY moment where he became a normal person and said what he felt.

The MTV stuff is him deciding to become a pop star. He wants to be talked about like Paris/Brittney etc...

And you guys are giving it to him on a platter.

Who gives a **** about a goddamned GRammy ---- Chuck D
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

Awkward

Awkward?! If I owned that studio and heard an assistant had laughed out loud in a client's face they would've been fired on the spot.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by no ssl yet View Post
Ummmm I don't know if any of you dudes are black, but

The MTV stuff is him deciding to become a pop star. He wants to be talked about like Paris/Brittney etc...

And you guys are giving it to him on a platter.

Who gives a **** about a goddamned GRammy ---- Chuck D
......I will give it to him on a platter thats what he wants.......i couldn't really care less if the guy wants to be talked about like Paris/Brittney.

however i could care less (actually probably not but i am bored at the moment) that he thinks he should be given awards and glorified for doing something spectacular in the music industry when he hasn't really done anything at all. His music has been enjoyed by many people but its not ground breaking.

And yeah who gives a **** about a Grammy or an MTV award....I don't because don't think they hold any significants what so ever......However Kanye thinks they do....and not only does he think they hold some significants he thinks he deserves one enough to throw a fit after the MTV awards for the past 2 years......i am pretty sure no one here gives a **** about a Grammy or MTV award.
Old 12th September 2007
no ssl yet
Quote:
......I will give it to him on a platter thats what he wants.......i couldn't really care less if the guy wants to be talked about like Paris/Brittney.

however i could care less (actually probably not but i am bored at the moment) that he thinks he should be given awards and glorified for doing something spectacular in the music industry when he hasn't really done anything at all. His music has been enjoyed by many people but its not ground breaking.

And yeah who gives a **** about a Grammy or an MTV award....I don't because don't think they hold any significants what so ever......However Kanye thinks they do....and not only does he think they hold some significants he thinks he deserves one enough to throw a fit after the MTV awards for the past 2 years......i am pretty sure no one here gives a **** about a Grammy or MTV award.
I don't think Kanye does either. You're missing that point.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzpunk View Post
Awkward?! If I owned that studio and heard an assistant had laughed out loud in a client's face they would've been fired on the spot.
i can see where you are coming from

Im not going to say which studio it was but.....the assistant was established.

If you got a good established assistant with a good attitude who is an actual asset who has proven his professionalism over and over again.....and then something like that happens.....then I think its a pretty un-controllable situation.

Even if it isn't un-controllable situation... Kanye didn't really seem to get it..... so its not like he complained and protested against the studio.....which i guess would be a pretty bad situation....but he didn't seem to notice or care for whatever reason?....so no harm done
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by no ssl yet View Post
I don't think Kanye does either. You're missing that point.
I guess i am ........ so whats the point......that Kanye dosen't really want a grammy he just throws fits so people talk about him?
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

When I first heard his music I liked it. But now that I have heard him speak I think he is arrogant and haughty and I don’t care if I ever heard another second of his music ever again. As a matter of fact I wish he would retire and just go away.

Now, let me tell you how I really feel about him… heh
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Kanye's plan to go up against 50 cent? Come out with a video full of Japanese references and a song featuring a Daft Punk sample!

How the hell can you not like the guy?!

Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Isn't Kanye a country in Africa?
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

And before you guys jump all over me, that was a joke.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Watch it here
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Heat View Post

i love youtube.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

It was painful to watch BS (Britney) do that performance of hers. You
could almost see her eyes ready to cry and wishing it would all end quickly.

And what KW did reminds me of spoiled kindergarten kids... Whatever,
he can go ___(fill in the blank)______ as far as I care.

Yeah, other than that, VMA was a blast!

And YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. rocks
Old 12th September 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzpunk View Post
Well...as an "established assistant" myself....I'm trying to think what I'd have done in that situation....not laughed for sure (although I did reading it)....but going "yeah you are" would have sounded sarcastic or buttlicking, saying nothing or a wry smile would have been silently disagreeing....any suggestions?

I listened to Graduation last night, all the way through. Can't see what all the fuss is about. All the hooks seem to be samples of other people's tracks, the first "muhfuh" came after about 10secs, and there were some occasional bad edits - one track in particular has digital clicks (badly edited kick sample) that's really distracting. None of the beats really jumped out as sounding great sonically on headphones either....
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Well...as an "established assistant" myself....I'm trying to think what I'd have done in that situation....not laughed for sure (although I did reading it)....but going "yeah you are" would have sounded sarcastic or buttlicking, saying nothing or a wry smile would have been silently disagreeing....any suggestions?
"you know what? Im the best rapper out there today"

(alternately looking at him, and then the speakers) "Man these are damn good tracks, maybe your best work, I'm stoked!"

Which is what he wanted to hear. He's obviously got some inferiority issues, and that statement is his way of asking the lowly assistant if he thinks the music is good, or if he's digging it. He doesn't really want you to confirm that he's the best rapper, he's already convinced himself of that.

OTOH, I probably would have looked at him square in the face and said "who told you that?"

Good thing I own a studio, I would not make a good assistant- I just have no patience when another musician tries to get me caught up in his hype.
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MPCist View Post
It was painful to watch BS (Britney) do that performance of hers. You
could almost see her eyes ready to cry and wishing it would all end quickly.

And what KW did reminds me of spoiled kindergarten kids... Whatever,
he can go ___(fill in the blank)______ as far as I care.

Yeah, other than that, VMA was a blast!

And YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. rocks
there was a vid on youtube showing that she broke her heal right from the start ...pics of her posing with the heal hanging off(or akward position)...that could kill a dance number!!!!
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

Awkward

Ahh didums..

I think the assistant needs to get a grip more that Kanye, for god's sake Kanye West is a rapper full of brag, bombast, strut, funk and hyperbole - it goes with the competitive Rap territory.

If Kanye needs to 'big himself up' and 'front it', it's just a part of that world.

I have heard some gross and spine tingling Rock 'n' Roll stories that make his little Kanye experience seem like a walk with granny in the garden...

The assistant needs to get a different gig or go work with Norah Jones if he cant' handle a little bit of Rock 'n' Roll (rap style).
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Just wondering...
It's been my understanding that Grammy's are based on record sales which is based on the amount of air-play which is based on the amount of money the
label greases the radio station with (both above and below the table). So, if you piss and moan for not winning a Grammy you are in-effect blaming your fans, your label, and the radio stations that play your product.

If you don't win an MTV award - who do you blame? The video producer?
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Grammys are voted on by members.

back to kanye, I just saw some video on the mtv last night dopne like some home shopping network show that was almost as stupid as R Kellys "midget in the closet" opera, which also was on just the other day. WOW. I guess Im old and out of touch but that is just crap. I can just imagine the record company execs meeting who had to explain why they put x number of dollars into that garbage.
Old 12th September 2007
no ssl yet
Quote:

Awkward

What's wrong with Kanye's comment?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search