The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Who stole Kanyes pacifier!!! Condenser Microphones
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by no ssl yet View Post
What's wrong with Kanye's comment?
ehhhhhhhhhhh.....dude if you think saying you are the best rapper out there no matter who you are nevermind kanye west, is tottally cool.....then thats your opinion..........aside from quoting psycho monkey im not going to try and further convince you what is wrong with that.....

Besides i just told the story and im not the one who laughed in his face....if you really want to know you would have to ask the assistant from the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post

I listened to Graduation last night, all the way through. Can't see what all the fuss is about. All the hooks seem to be samples of other people's tracks, the first "muhfuh" came after about 10secs, and there were some occasional bad edits - one track in particular has digital clicks (badly edited kick sample) that's really distracting. None of the beats really jumped out as sounding great sonically on headphones either....
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabo View Post
This kid makes me laugh! He cries about everything! I dig his music but he needs to get a grip!

LAS VEGAS -- Sour grapes from Kanye West — again. Shut out at the Video Music Awards, Kanye West threw a tantrum Sunday night in front of media and crew backstage as the MTV show was ending.

West, waiting for an elevator in a crowded hallway, began yelling about losing all five categories for which he was nominated.

"That's two years in a row, man ... give a black man a chance," West said, stomping around his entourage and directing his comments at a reporter. "I'm trying hard man, I have the ... number one record, man."

West said he never will return to MTV.dfegad

""That's two years in a row, man ... give a black man a chance," "....one can only hope that once the BET network passes on him he'll take a prozac and STFU!! What an asshole!!
Old 13th September 2007
no ssl yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent-sam View Post
ehhhhhhhhhhh.....dude if you think saying you are the best rapper out there no matter who you are nevermind kanye west, is tottally cool.....then thats your opinion..........aside from quoting psycho monkey im not going to try and further convince you what is wrong with that.....

Besides i just told the story and im not the one who laughed in his face....if you really want to know you would have to ask the assistant from the story.
Every real rapper feels that before releasing a record.

Everyone I've ever been around.

I don't think anything is wrong with that. LOL I don't think Kanye is the best, but I understand him thinking so.
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by no ssl yet View Post
Every real rapper feels that before releasing a record.

Everyone I've ever been around.

I don't think anything is wrong with that. LOL I don't think Kanye is the best, but I understand him thinking so.
i understand it... I also understand why I fart after eating a can of beans.....but its still funny
Old 13th September 2007
Here for the gear

rememeber when

Remember when all you knew about an artist was what was on the record? Before all the behind the scenes and gossip websites and all that stuff. there's just no mystery anymore it seems. i used to look at the credits of albums my uncle's gave me and wonder who those people were and think and dream about it while i played the vinyl. and the songs were so good that you felt like you knew the artist just from the verses?

anyway, when it comes to clients acting poorly....i've been thru some pretty bad ones...and i know the feeling of never wanting to work with that client ......but ya pretty much don't see much of that. most people,especially the talented ones, have always been respecful..

now when the session is over and the producer says to "man i never want to work with them again" thats when you can smile inside and know your instincts were correct...this client sucks.....but ya did the right thing and rolled with the situation ...hit record...got your check and was out
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

music aside...kanye is a supreme tool
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Well...as an "established assistant" myself....I'm trying to think what I'd have done in that situation....not laughed for sure (although I did reading it)....but going "yeah you are" would have sounded sarcastic or buttlicking, saying nothing or a wry smile would have been silently disagreeing....any suggestions?
I would've simply smiled and told him the record sounded hot. Same as I would with any client. Wouldn't have phased me in the least.
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

My thought has always been that if you're a badass you don't have to point it out to people, they'll just see it. But rap (at least the mainstream stuff) is ALL about bragging, I got this car, this money, these girls, I'm the hardest mofo on the block, look I'm cool because I can't spell, whatever. I can't really blame them either, that's what the market wants. Every time some rapper comes out with something intelligent it instantly gets swept under the rug, doesn't sell enough, and gets dropped. It reminds me of the exploitation films of the 70's and the Vaudeville minstrel shows. Rich white guys holding out that carrot to get the "colored folk" to dance. All the record sales for rap are in the suburbs anyway, in the hood they just bootleg it.
And when did music become a sport anyway? I'm pretty sure that if Kanye and 50 both make a great record (neither will, but...) people will buy both. It's not a football game, there can be more than one winner.
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Nut

hahaa ;DD
One of the best theads in GS ;D

I don't like Kanye at all. imho hi sucks. Loud.
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

Wow! that dude is a ungrateful A**hole! Successful and rich beyond belief off of OTHERS music and this is how he reacts. Pitiful!
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Maniac

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.. he probably started laughing with his crew .."Did you see that scene i made!!!!!!!". Now that's funny! But he is one messed up kid if he was serious!!!
Old 13th September 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzpunk View Post
I would've simply smiled and told him the record sounded hot. Same as I would with any client. Wouldn't have phased me in the least.
I was putting myself in the situation...with anyone coming out with a comment like "I'm the best rapper in the world", I'd guess that simple agreement or "that's hot" wouldn't be enough for them....I know an engineer like this in the UK, unless you agree totally and utterly with everthing he says he keeps pushing and pushing you until you just give up and repeat back to him what he's just said. He just can't be wrong about ANYTHING.

A bit tricky when you're trying to fault find, he's convinced it's one thing and you know it's not. Mildly amusing when I was driving him around and he thought he knew the way - you can't really argue with a dead end.

Good engineer though. Back to the original point, I wouldn't want to get myself into a situation why I had to justify why I thought he was the best rapper in the world - I'm not that good an actor!
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by azwun25 View Post
music aside...kanye is a supreme tool
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

i can see about a grammy, but a freaking moonman...wow
Old 15th September 2007
Y'know, he mentions in that rant losing to Black Eyed Peas at last year's VMAs. That's gotta hurt.

...sheeee-it...I mean, that'd probably throw me into raving lunacy, too...
Old 18th September 2007
Lives for gear
Ha ha, man I love Kanye. He's a very complete "star", with more ego than actual technical skills, but a charmingly naive approach to creating music. F that assistant laughing at the star while at work - if Kanye makes his pay and he accepts that, he best go with the flow. People having an overinflated ego is ok with me, and even moreso understandable in the world of hiphop than anywhere else.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search