The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
t. belmont, meet steve jobs DAW Software
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

t. belmont, meet steve jobs

ok, while i still don't think a gearpimp being in charge of a gear discussion forum leads to open and unbiased evaluations of product, NEVERTHELESS we now have to say that the dvd pre-order debacle has been outdone by jobs and the iphone.

according to the usa today, apple has dropped the price of the i-phone $200 bucks. they were DELUGED with email from unhappy customers who paid the original retail price just 2 months ago.

jobs' response? pretty much the same as belmonts; he'll give them $100 credit towards the purchase of more apple gear.

what?

at least, the iphone customer, unlike the dvd customer, actually got to use a real iphone, while the dvd purchaser just got a little video that shows how to set up a loop in logic.

must make you feel great to have an apple plastered all over your intel pc.

bah hah....

as always,
caveat emptor.
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

RE Steve Jobs and Apple: That's the chance you take buying first generation releases. If you're so consumed about having the latest and greatest, don't cry and whine if it bites you on the ass when the market shifts a few months later.

RE Tony Belmont: dude, get over it and move on already.
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Yeah, that's nothing new. Look at computer processors, memory, video game systems, etc. The latest and greatest is always much more expensive than the technology of last week, and the price gets bumped down in no time to make way for the next wave. Although, for such a device, a $200 price drop after 2 months is pretty substantial. At least he's offering people something at all, because he really doesn't have to!
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear
I thought Apple was like the hippest company in the world. They would never **** on customers... fuuck

Thank the gods for the ability for consumers to custom build PCs themselves.

Steve Jobs can take his proprietary bull**** overpriced yuppie crap and shove it.
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

I bought an Apple G4 from Sweetwater on a Friday (strangely pressured to make the deal that Friday...) and the following Monday it was $400 less. Standard practice, and of course it was Apples fault.fuuckfuuckfuuck
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

People that complain that Apple dropped the price after they bought it should pay attention to how supply and demand works. Just like buying a movie ticket. If you want to watch it right away, you are going to pay more. Otherwise, wait and watch it at a dollar plex, or wait for DVD.
Old 7th September 2007
Old 7th September 2007
no ssl yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by soultrane View Post
ok, while i still don't think a gearpimp being in charge of a gear discussion forum leads to open and unbiased evaluations of product, NEVERTHELESS we now have to say that the dvd pre-order debacle has been outdone by jobs and the iphone.

according to the usa today, apple has dropped the price of the i-phone $200 bucks. they were DELUGED with email from unhappy customers who paid the original retail price just 2 months ago.

jobs' response? pretty much the same as belmonts; he'll give them $100 credit towards the purchase of more apple gear.

what?

at least, the iphone customer, unlike the dvd customer, actually got to use a real iphone, while the dvd purchaser just got a little video that shows how to set up a loop in logic.

bah hah....

as always,
caveat emptor.
Well Jobs doesn't owe them ****. He doesn't have to give them credit toward anything. They bought a product at a price point, and at that price point the product was delivered. The price later fell.

What's the big Deal?
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnjazz View Post
RE Tony Belmont: dude, get over it and move on already.
Why?? It's only being a couple of days...would hate to find out you've overloaded your short-term memory.
Old 7th September 2007

Quote:

what?

bah hah....

as always,
caveat emptor.
OK...

First, you started a thread (the "get RID of this guy as moderator" debacle) moaning about how I deleted a thread... and I WASN'T EVEN THE ONE WHO DELETED IT. Then, instead of apologizing for accusing me of doing something I didn't, you start another thread about the iphone and how it relates to me.

Do you have some sort of weird fascination with trying to make me miserable?

Can you admit that the reason you started that other thread was a mistake on your part, and that you owe me a public apology? Read what you wrote and realize you were wrong if you haven't already:

Quote:
man, after reading some unbelievable crap written by tony belmont, i was just getting ready to post in the dvd thread, only to find out he's had the balls to not just lock but REMOVE the entire thread;
This was your whole reason for starting that crazy thread and I didn't even delete it or ask for it to be deleted.

Go to the Hip Hop forum and ask them what they want... DO YOU REALIZE WE WOULDN'T EVEN HAVE A HIP HOP FORUM IF I DIDN'T AGREE TO MODERATE IT?

There was three moderators and EVERYONE ELSE QUIT AFTER 2 MONTHS!

OK. We get it... you don't like me as a moderator or how the DVD pre-order went down. Well, the world doesn't revolve around what you like or want, or how you think things should be.

You don't even participate in the Hip Hop forum...

Your smear campaign has gone far enough... find a new hobby.

Please leave me alone and move on with your life.
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
OK...

First, you started a thread (the "get RID of this guy as moderator" debacle) moaning about how I deleted a thread... and I WASN'T EVEN THE ONE WHO DELETED IT. Then, instead of apologizing for accusing me of doing something I didn't, you start another thread about the iphone and how it relates to me.

Do you have some sort of weird fascination with trying to make me miserable?

Can you admit that the reason you started that other thread was a mistake on your part, and that you owe me a public apology? Read what you wrote and realize you were wrong if you haven't already:

This was your whole reason for starting that crazy thread and I didn't even delete it or ask for it to be deleted.

Go to the Hip Hop forum and ask them what they want... DO YOU REALIZE WE WOULDN'T EVEN HAVE A HIP HOP FORUM IF I DIDN'T AGREE TO MODERATE IT?

There was three moderators and EVERYONE ELSE QUIT AFTER 2 MONTHS!

OK. We get it... you don't like me as a moderator or how the DVD pre-order went down. Well, the world doesn't revolve around what you like or want, or how you think things should be.

You don't even participate in the Hip Hop forum...

Your smear campaign has gone far enough... find a new hobby.

Please leave me alone and move on with your life.
1) have you never deleted or suspended threads before?

2) the owner of the site himself said that he gets tired of you recommending gear that you stock.

i personally HAVE recommended gear to people in the hiphop forum... solid used kit that they can pick up for a song on ebay... and you chimed in to say how all that gear i recommended is crappy (by which, i suppose you to mean, you don't stock it and don't sell it at as an a-mark or b-mark.)

3) if calling someone out for shady business practices qualifies as having a "wierd fascination" then every member of the b.b.b. must be a friggin' psycho.

4) "smear campaign?" get serious. i'll admit i was wrong about you closing the thread when you admit the total number of pre-orders you took on your dvd and when the dvd will be delivered.

now, as to the original thread re: jobs

agreed, he doesn't OWE anyone anything.

but, he does owe his shareholders good customer service, and this offer of his seems to do more harm than good.
Old 7th September 2007
Gear Nut

Soultrane, its time to chill with all that man.
we all have issues , so stop casting stones.
Move on with your life before it consumes you, i mean the dude has paid the price, you don't have to keep crucifying him.

"Can't we all just get along"-- from the poster child of the L.A riots.
Old 7th September 2007
500 series nutjob

Quote:
bah hah....

as always,
caveat emptor.
take a ****king pill!
please.
you will piss the owner off if you keep this up, of that i am sure.
don't be a ******!!!!!
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear
Enough with this crap... it's starting to infiltrate other threads. I don't go to the hip hop forum because I don't care about hip hop... so I don't really know this dude Tony or what he's about.

But guess what... he's just a moderator. Who cares if he sells gear? If he recommends gear, why is that any more offensive than me recommending gear? Nobody is forcing you to buy his gear, his DVD, or anything. Quit crying. It's a free goddam internet forum that's supposed to be fun.

Unless he sells Apple products. Then he's on my **** list.
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
I bought an Apple G4 from Sweetwater on a Friday (strangely pressured to make the deal that Friday...) and the following Monday it was $400 less. Standard practice, and of course it was Apples fault.fuuckfuuckfuuck

I agree Apple does have some customer service problems here and there, but my experience has been pretty much flawless. I bought an iMac refurbed from them over two years ago. A few days later the price dropped by $200. I called, and they credited $200 to my card. That's their standard policy, if you call them. This iMac was a first gen G5 iMac, and had the motherboard problem. They've replaced the motherboard twice for me, for free, both times in a matter of days. I've owned a refurbished iBook that had a problem with the video card. Again, even though it was well out of the 90 day warranty, they repaired it for free. (I've owned lots of Macs over the years, and the vast majority never had any problems.)

I'm not saying that dropping the price that soon isn't going to piss some people off, but that's business. And, Apple is offering something to everyone who bought the $599 model. Ultimately, they had a choice. They could lower the price by $50, then do it again and again, as they did with the original iPod, or they could go for a big christmas by lowering the price significantly and cashing in on the hype.

And as far as building PCs goes, I have done it a few times, and at the end of the day, you have to run either windows or linux, and neither is OS X, not by a looooong stretch.
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorGlory View Post

I'm a MAC user. NOT part of any MAC community. I don't walk around town lovingly holding my cell phone even though I have a ton of fukking pockets to put it in. You know the type--they NEED to be holding on to their phones like they were children or pets(iPhones or whatever)---get a fukking life!! I don't sit with my other MAC (G4 Powerbook) in fukking Starbuck's doing **** I could be doing at home, just to solicit attention!! I hate Starbucks. Their coffee sucks!! I lived in Europe for 10 years where, you can walk into any Mom and Pop bar or brasserie or bistro and the coffee is fukking amazing. Starbucks what a crock of **** with their goddammed "Baristas" who get confused when you order a "medium coffee, black". You mean you don't want a "Grande"? "Venti" or whatever their overpriced kitten-piss is called.!!
Anyways, sorry for the rant and thanks for those links....pretty damn funny!! Still prefer MAC for graphics and music...but then again,,,,that's just me......peace?
Old 8th September 2007
Gear Addict

Thumbs up Whats up

Tony has helped me with my studio dudes!!!!!!!
Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

this thread is a trainwreck.
Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

tony´s ok by me...

apple, on the other hand, really sucks!
Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by moseskane.com View Post
Tony has helped me with my studio dudes!!!!!!!
What was wrong with your "studio dudes" that required his assistance?
Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by octatonic View Post
What was wrong with your "studio dudes" that required his assistance?
heh
Old 8th September 2007
Gear Addict

Thumbs up pro

pro's
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by no ssl yet View Post
Well Jobs doesn't owe them ****. He doesn't have to give them credit toward anything. They bought a product at a price point, and at that price point the product was delivered. The price later fell.

What's the big Deal?
thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

i can't believe this is still going on, give it a break. it's like some people get off on this agression and just want to upset people!

people make mistakes, such is life but you have to come to a point where you can move on and forgive people and give them another chance
Old 10th September 2007
Gear Addict

Ive heard it said by many people, "meh ill just wait till they lower the price". This is par for the course by apple. They almost always lower their prices past a certain time. Im not sure anyone thought it would be this soon. You have to pay for the newest and best. If you lined up to get an iphone and are mad that they lowered the price you paid the price for capitalism. Companies sell things for what people will pay, not what it cost them. Smart marketing if you ask me, if I were Jobs I wouldnt give anyone their money back.
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

what the ****
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
You can find generic PC's in every major studio...out at the reception desk!

Once you actually make it into the rooms you'll find those little apple plastered intels to be industry standard.
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzpunk View Post
You can find generic PC's in every major studio...out at the reception desk!

Once you actually make it into the rooms you'll find those little apple plastered intels to be industry standard.
well, that's only because back in the day, apple WAS the only game in town for pro audio...

but, jazzpunk, that's about as passe as people actually SINGING at awards shows...

i think nowadays, you don't really have to build a custom pc anymore... as a matter of fact, i think it's probably easier to get a pc off the shelf ready to go for audio than it is to go into a mac store and get one off the shelf there.

there is no reason for computer elitism anymore.
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtGarceau View Post
On that note....what the hell do I know? I'm a nobody.
Nah, I like you man! I ditch your posts every time.
But hey, what do I know, I'm just a TonyFanBoy. (hehehe ditch that word too, very kind of ThaSunShine to come up with a TonyFanClub. I doubt Tony himself would ever have thought about that heh)
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
there is no reason for computer elitism anymore.
Why would you assume that anyone who is using a Mac or a custom PC is an elitist?

Cheap PC Fanboys strike me as the most elitist these days.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search