The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
get RID of this guy as moderator Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 5th September 2007
  #1
Lives for gear
 
soultrane's Avatar
get RID of this guy as moderator

man, after reading some unbelievable crap written by tony belmont, i was just getting ready to post in the dvd thread, only to find out he's had the balls to not just lock but REMOVE the entire thread;

why can't the name of the hiphop forum be changed to "the high profile audio hiphop forum?"

or, at least make the cat from mercenary moderator of the high end forum, give warren dent a forum to moderate, hell, put chuck surack in charge of the whole thing.

anyway, here's the post i was responding to;

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
I truly am apologetic to the people who have waited for this project to be completed. This is why I have given these people special deals on equipment. What some people dont realize is a lot of these people have essentially gotten the thing for free by buying a piece they needed through me.
you have got to be joking about this, right?

i know you've got a lot of fan boys, but this is some perverse loss leader crapola that sinks lower than anything guitar center would try and pull.

i mean, basically, you took money on a product that you obviously had no, or little intention, or ability, to bring to market, and now that you've got your money, you're giving them, what, 10% off a-mark or b-mark gear that you sell?

dude, get serious.

i ask again; why is a guy who sells gear for a living allowed to moderate a forum on gearslutz?
Old 5th September 2007
  #2
Art
Gear Addict
 
Art's Avatar
 

to: theshine

Hello thashine

I can certainly see why you are upset and that is your right, and I quite honestly would probably feel the same way given the lenth of time since the pre-order. However, did you consider contacting Tony at any point and simply asking him for a refund? If you are/were unhappy about the timeframe, I am confident that Tony would have accomodated you with a refund.

Secondly, I am not sure how to say this in a polite way. You should consider your behavior and how it shapes people's perceptions of you and the things you have to say. Sometimes people have a relatively valid argument, but the way they handle themselves is completely irrational, thus resulting in their argument being looked upon as irrational.

It is not my intention to lecture you, but only to suggest that you stop and consider your behavior in this thread.

As for Tony, I imagine that he probably learned a lot from this whole DVD experience and probably will approach it differently next time. I personally feel that 1.5 years is quite long time after receving payment. However, his calm and respectful approach to all of this is very admirable IMHO.
Old 5th September 2007
  #3
Art
Gear Addict
 
Art's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall View Post
I nominate myself for moderator of the Hip-Hop forum.. Then I could just delete the whole forum
Funny Sh$t!
Old 5th September 2007
  #4
Lives for gear
 
Tibbon's Avatar
SoulTraine, I understand that you are upset, but have you ever tried juggling the number of things that Tony is? Releasing a product even as 'simple' as a DVD is pretty much a PITA. I don't see any products with your name on them.

Tony's a good guy, and I really don't see why he should be excluded from being a moderator. He's trying hard to make things right on all sides, and customer service or purchasing issues should go straight though him, not be placed onto this site.
Old 5th September 2007
  #5
Gear Addict
 

Come on! The thread had an amazingly bad vibe, the guy who started it spread insults to everybody on all the 5 pages, there wasn't any useful information for anybody at all there. Why should such a thing stay available here at GS? I can't see the added value.
You want honest information about it? I'm sure you will get it when you approach Tony in a normal way.

Besides that, who said Tony deleted it? It may as well have been one of the other moderators, or Jules. The thread would already have been locked or deleted by every other mod.
Old 5th September 2007
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Tibbon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibvee View Post
Come on! The thread had an amazingly bad vibe, the guy who started it spread insults to everybody on all the 5 pages, there wasn't any useful information for anybody at all there. Why should such a thing stay available here at GS? I can't see the added value.
You want honest information about it? I'm sure you will get it when you approach Tony in a normal way.

Besides that, who said Tony deleted it? It may as well have been one of the other moderators, or Jules. The thread would already have been locked or deleted by every other mod.


If it's not talking about gear, it doesn't belong here.
Old 5th September 2007
  #7
Lives for gear
 
china jam's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by soultrane View Post
get RID of this guy as moderator
I agree with you...completely. I was reading that thread yesterday, couldn't believe nobody had sorted that Tony bloke out yet.

I think Gearslutz could be getting conned right in front of us and that quote you have off him is classic Watchdog!
Old 5th September 2007
  #8
Gear Nut
 
NorthPhilly's Avatar
 

Man you dudes are acting like Bitches. Seeing you guys team together is a funny sight.

Ya'll don't see the poster's right to place a legitimate gripe in the hip hop threads about a product conceived and sold via the hip hop thread by its moderator? (OF course the thread could have gone without the insults and the poster was probably a young person, but still he is short a c note. If he is young a C note probably means alot to him.)
And Now you argue "Well if it has nothing to do with gear, it shouldn't be here" and argue "Well you don't know how many things this Tony dude is juggling".

If you spent your money would you care what he was juggling?

When he took the money did he not make an agreement to offer a product despite what he might be juggling a year and a half later?

Where were any of you when the original DVD threads were started? Did any of you speak out against a mod using the boards as a way to sell a product to its members under the thought that it would "further the knowledge base"? Or did his "I won't produce it in mass" or I'm using it to make my job as mod easier" make you all forget it was a PRODUCT?



And in exchange for not getting the DVD they purchased they get discounts when they spend money with the dude that didn't deliver the DVD.

Suppose Digidesign or Apple shows a product at AES and starts to take money for it but never delivers it, Would you guys NOT have threads on here about it? OR suppose Digi offered discounts on its other products in exchange for holding your money.

Would you not have a thread about it? Wold it be ok for it to be deleted because it wasn't about gear?

OHHH you say it would be on topic? Well the Mod's DVD wasn't about building a birdbath, It was about GEAR.

Also if it were a low end Digi product would you guys be talking to those griping about it how "being without it caused u to not be a star"?

I've only been reading here about a year and a member for even less time, but this place is fanboy central.

I'm not coming back.
Old 5th September 2007
  #9
byk
Gear Maniac
Thumbs up I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by soultrane View Post

why can't the name of the hiphop forum be changed to "the high profile audio hiphop forum?"

why is a guy who sells gear for a living allowed to moderate a forum on gearslutz?
I totally agree.
Old 5th September 2007
  #10
Lives for gear
 
idylldon's Avatar
 

This is a complaint I see cropping up more and more lately, and I think having gear pimps as moderators is a mistake. There was a recent thread in another forum where the moderator, who is also a gear pimp, handled himself poorly when pushing (and I mean pushing) a product he sells. There was nothing MODERATE about the way he handled himself. Moderators should set an example for online demeanor because, whether they realize it or not, they have been put in a position of leadership.

Having said that, I understand that when you're in the business of selling anything, it's damn hard to pass up an opportunity to move some product. I don't blame them at all for that, and I would most likely do the same when the opportunity presented itself. It's just an inherent conflict of interest to have a site like this being moderated by folks who sell gear, no matter who they are or how much they know.

There are plenty of non-pimp contributors to this forum who would make good moderators, so I really don't see the need for "pimperators."

Cheers,
--
Don
Old 5th September 2007
  #11
no ssl yet
Guest
Guys I used to moderate the hip hop forum along with Tony and I sympathize for the dude, I wouldn't want the job given what the forum has been turned into since it has grown.

With that said, There were a bunch of guys here who had a problem with my views in the POLITICAL threads not being moderate, so I was asked to not moderate the HIP HOP threads because I wasn't moderate in the POLITICAL threads..

So clearly Jules cares about conflicts of interest right?

In the end, given what it's turned into, it worked out for the best. And considering I was essentially working for free, I can totally understand why someone who sells gear should be allowed to moderate.
(Also, NOW I get to say whatever I want to without people running to Jules. Though LOL I do think about not loggin in here anymore given what GS has become pretty often as I consider it a waste of time I could be more constructive with. BUt hey I'm a procrastinator LOL)

It's not like the guy is directly paid for his service/time here. While a bunch of us give advice, the rest of us don't have to wield people's complaints. I think there should be some incentive for him even if it is a sale from GS every blue moon. (Which I figure to be the case since given what most of the Hip Hop topics have fallen into, I don't figure most of these guys are buying high end gear often).

The flip side of this argument is I don't think the mod should point out. "I do this for free, I try to help people and this is what I get"
Old 5th September 2007
  #12
Lives for gear
 
soultrane's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibbon View Post
SoulTraine, I understand that you are upset, but have you ever tried juggling the number of things that Tony is? Releasing a product even as 'simple' as a DVD is pretty much a PITA. I don't see any products with your name on them.

Tony's a good guy, and I really don't see why he should be excluded from being a moderator. He's trying hard to make things right on all sides, and customer service or purchasing issues should go straight though him, not be placed onto this site.
uhm, i don't know how many things he's juggling, but if he's doing that many things, then relinquishing control over the hiphop boards should free up some time.

second, suppose you went in to guitar center and plunked down $100 bucks on some instructional dvd. after a year, you went back in and asked the guy whats up? he said, oh, that dvd's not ready yet, but i'll tell you what, if you want to buy a really expensive preamp from me, i'll take 10% off... that will make up for the price of the dvd.

would you be doing cartwheels in the parking lot talking about what a great place guitar center is?

whether he's a good guy or not, that's for his mother and his girlfriend to decide. i'm only intersted in his business practices and the way he closes threads that might count against his bottom line.

and then, the FUNNIEST thing of all is when belmont told the dude he would return his money, he prohibited him from buying the dvd ever again!!!

bah hah... that is classic. "how dare you complain that i'm 16 months overdue? how dare you ask to see some real footage."

at least a guitar center guy would never tell someone "get out of here with your complaints, you're not worthy to buy my swag."

UNBELIEVABLE.

but, one thing i've learned is, lots of gearbuyers are gullible. just get your picture taken with a couple of "high profile" hiphop artists and you can charge close to retail for new front ends for reason and fruity loops all day and get legions of fanboys to stick up for you while you're doing all kinds of shady practices.
Old 5th September 2007
  #13
Lives for gear
 
soultrane's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibbon View Post
Releasing a product even as 'simple' as a DVD is pretty much a PITA. I don't see any products with your name on them.
right, and unlike belmont, you don't see anyone paying me for products i haven't produced.

i would really like to know how many pre-orders for this dvd there have been;

if this cat got 50 preorders @ $100 bucks each, that's a significant piece of change he's been loaned, interest free, by the good people at gearslutz.
Old 5th September 2007
  #14
Old 5th September 2007
  #15
Lives for gear
 

I'd have to agree with soultrane that if Tony really is as busy as people say then he really shouldn't be spending his spare time moderating a forum. You have to have priorities and I think, for a guy like Tony, moderating Gearslutz would be one of the lowest priorites.
Old 5th September 2007
  #16
Lives for gear
If I moderated it, there would be like 35 members...because the signal to noise ratio there is not good.
Old 5th September 2007
  #17
Here for the gear
 

Tony has banned my other account for no reason!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
thashine:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
I dont think it would be productive to debate with you. Some of your concerns are certainly understandable. Unfortunately, your approach showed poor judgement. You will recieve a refund this week, as I said before, I want to send it to you. I hope in the future you will show more maturity on the forum than you have displayed in your 34 posts in this thread. Good luck in the future with whatever you do.

And still no answers to any of the above questions- You are showing us that something is real fishy with this DVD thing as far as what you have been telling about it's progress ect...
You are predictable and i already knew that you would take this personal and single me out for speaking up which some here are hesistant to do and understandably so butt not justified, Because you are like the spoiled brat that get's mad and upset when the truth come's up and to prove it look at what youve decided to do just because i am asking you a few facts.
I would definitely appreciate my refund and will not deal with or send anyone else your way due to your lack of customer service/support after the fact that you have other people's money like it's a joke.
You actually have alot of nerve to get an attitude and think that people aren't looking at you like "They must be careful when dealing with you now". Although this part is finished what people will remember is how it was handled by you - Tony "THE MONEY COLLECTOR" that sold dreams to get what he had to get and then say whatever he had to say to do whatever he had to do PERIOD end of story...and still you showed not one inklit of what you are promising- No Snippet um um um Refund Please!!
Old 5th September 2007
  #18
Here for the gear
 

Tony has banned my other account like we figured..

And he is still currently monitoring me like the FBI and will probabaly move in on me soon ...! I am worried



Here is the so called snippet that was sent to those of us who preordered supposedly after 1 and a half years this is all he's got..



High Profile Audio | 401-316-6423 click the high profile audio link for the snippet !
Old 5th September 2007
  #19
no ssl yet
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thashine07 View Post
And he is still currently monitoring me like the FBI and will probabaly move in on me soon ...! I am worried


https://www.gearslutz.com/board/moan-...s-dvd-huh.html


DId he kill the thread or ban your account?

IF he banned his account, that's messed up.
Old 5th September 2007
  #20
Moderator
 
TonyBelmont's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by no ssl yet View Post
DId he kill the thread or ban your account?

IF he banned his account, that's messed up.
I never banned anyone or deleted ANY threads...

I repeat.... I did not delete the thread that soultrane is referring to.

thashine was banned, but not by me... The admin of the site did because thashine was insulting anyone who disagreed with the way he was expressing himself. I did not want the thread deleted. I moved it to the Moan Zone with a redirect in the hip hop forum. I actually wish it was still there so people could read my entire post which the small snippet at the start of this thread quoted.

I don't have the same powers that others mods have. I cannot ban people from gearslutz. And I have no desire to ban anyone. thashine received 10 infractions in one day for innappropriate language and insulting the other members. That is why his account was suspended.

Now, my DVD project is a completely different topic than my moderating abilities.. In a previous thread, I expressed my sincere apologies for the delay in getting this project to completion. I completely understand people's frustrations with wanting the DVD, and I will deliver them an awesome product at some point in the near future.

EDIT: As I re-read this thread, I realized for new readers that it is very difficult to piece together everything. A lot of the discussion over the next dozen pages goes back to a previous thread about my DVD. Now, there have been numerous posts where people changed their comments, completely deleted comments and edited things since the initial discussion. I have left all of my posts untouched except for this one to notify people before they spend the next 30 minutes trying to figure out what the hell is going on...
Old 5th September 2007
  #21
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
I never banned anyone or deleted ANY threads... The admin of the site did because thashine was insulting anyone who disagreed with the way he was expressing himself. I did not want the thread deleted. I moved it to the Moan Zone with a redirect in the hip hop forum. I actually wish it was still there so people could read my entire post which the small snippet at the start of this thread quoted.

I don't have the same powers that others mods have. I cannot ban people from gearslutz. And I have no desire to ban anyone. thashine received 10 infractions in one day for innappropriate language and insulting the other members. That is why his account was suspended.
????? Again this dudes straight up lying who reports these so called infractions ?? YOU correct! Tony Banned my other account and will find anything to try it again BEWARE!
....
Tony how can i respect you as a man yet alone a sales person or anything else when you are straight up being so deceiptful and develish in our faces???
Old 5th September 2007
  #22
no ssl yet
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
I never banned anyone or deleted ANY threads... The admin of the site did because thashine was insulting anyone who disagreed with the way he was expressing himself. I did not want the thread deleted. I moved it to the Moan Zone with a redirect in the hip hop forum. I actually wish it was still there so people could read my entire post which the small snippet at the start of this thread quoted.

I don't have the same powers that others mods have. I cannot ban people from gearslutz. And I have no desire to ban anyone. thashine received 10 infractions in one day for innappropriate language and insulting the other members. That is why his account was suspended.
thumbsup
Old 5th September 2007
  #23
Here for the gear
 

And still no answered questions about the DVD from the man himself -TONY

Instead of redeeming himself tony decided to go this route read below:


Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
I have been monitoring this disaster throughout the day and decided to let things go to see where things would go...
I have not had any discussions with thashine on the phone. I only know him as an email address that ordered the DVD. I have not been contacted by him prior to these postings in regards to the original topic, the streaming video clip on my DVD update page. I have been very transparent with the people have preordered through this page and most of you who are reading this probably aren't aware of some of the information I have been providing these people. I dont talk about it on the board, because in the past a lot of people have pressured me into selling more copies. I just have been trying to get all talk about it off the forum and out of my PM box. I have since given in to the people who wanted to order, but it wasnt what i wanted to do.
I dont want to bevome "that guy that sells DVD's to teach people how to mix". Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I was advised it wasnt a good move to mass produce this as a product.... Especially now, as my mixing career is flourishing.
But, regardless.... I truly am apologetic to the people who have waited for this project to be completed. This is why I have given these people special deals on equipment. What some people dont realize is a lot of these people have essentially gotten the thing for free by buying a piece they needed through me.
So what you have at this point is someone who has spent the entire day on the Internet badmouthing me and venting his frustrations, rather than contacting me directly at any point to voice his concerns or his additional thoughts etc.
I don't need to do business with people that are going to drag me through the mud.
Now, even though you never requested one, thashine, you will be recieving a refund of your preorder payment. The DVD will not be made available to you, and the special discounts are no longer available to you.
I would have never posted this type of information on the forum, but i just dont need to do business with you... And since you decided to post everything on the forum, i feel it appropriate to respond through the forum.
I'm sure you aren't a bad guy, and I understand your frustrations with the delay. But this thread was started because you didn't like the streaming video clip of RAW footage and then changed your objections when people didn't agree with your argument.
As far as further questions about the project by those that preordered, just contact me if you have a question. I have to get this thing done for you as soon as possible. My aim is to have this done ASAP. And I'm very appreciative of your patience during these recent mixing projects I have had to do that have delayed things. Im glad people realize that I wasnt trying to do this for money, because i have put every penny i have recieved right back into it. Between flights, hotel stays, camera equipment, lighting and all the stuff i would have never needed to spend money on... It was only 50 copies, its easy to do the math and see. And I still have to pay for other things like authoring, duplication, packaging, etc. I don't want people to think I'm trying to profit from it...
WHY DID I DO IT?
I don't want people to take this the wrong way or as an insult, but I was attempting to raise the level of engineering IQ on the board. It would make my job as a mod so much easier if 50 people on the forum were armed with the info to answer questions on the forum with the proper info. I would know that these guys know these things, and it could make my life easier... It helps them, it helps others, it helps the forum, and everyones happy. That was the plan and it will come to fruition. This project is off to mastering in 9 days and then I will be focused on finishing it.
That's cool tony if you feel that way - Personally i think what you said and how you are thinking to solve this issue that's bigger than me is all of the above as for as BAD Business, and would never do business with you again once it's solve in the way in which you described you would solve it after 1 1/5 year's of having other people's money.. I mean Damn you can't even post a clip?????... Yeah I'm good Please refund my money a.s.a.p Thankyou for waisting my time!
BUT
Unfortunately to all that is reading this - Notice he still never answers none of the questions that were asked and why is it that we always have to contact you personally when everyone who paid would like to know what is really going on??

Actually even the people that didn't pay would like to know also, So please stop with the personal contact stuff as for when i did contact you personally for the link to this so called snippet you gave me some garbage that you said your own self wasn't even on the DVD!!!
So again why would i keep doing the same things when we know that you change up depending on who your dealing with and as a sale's man/ business man that's not a good look once you get exposed for doing something like that.
You keep trying to make it seem like you are giving something to us preorder people but i was a preorder person and didnt receive anything but a link to a limited amount of items in YOUR online store which i dont need and didn't use like alot of others so why do you keep making it seem like we couldve gotten something more??? I mean if you gave us a giftcard to any music gear store than maybe you could say it was something special but you didn't so why do you keep putting that up in peoples faces???
Anyway please refund my money A.S.A.P and to those of you who would like to know if tony will keep his word on my refund i will let you know.
Tony! By the way Dont forgett to close the thread and Ban Me for speaking up for Us.. Peace!!!
Old 5th September 2007
  #24
Moderator
 
TonyBelmont's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thashine07 View Post
????? Again this dudes straight up lying who reports these so called infractions ?? YOU correct! Tony Banned my other account and will find anything to try it again BEWARE!
....
Tony how can i respect you as a man yet alone a sales person or anything else when you are straight up being so deceiptful and develish in our faces???
When an infraction is given, it is placed in a forum where the mods collectively determine the validity of the infraction and what action, if any, should be taken. We work as a collective and not as loose cannons.

I would have much rather discussed things as civil people, but it became clear that your rage was far too out of control for any discussion. A path of insults and inappropriate forum behavior was left in your wake, and by the end of the thread people were asking for you to be banned.
Old 5th September 2007
  #25
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
When an infraction is given, it is placed in a forum where the mods collectively determine the validity of the infraction and what action, if any, should be taken. We work as a collective and not as loose cannons.

I would have much rather discussed things as civil people, but it became clear that your rage was far too out of control for any discussion. A path of insults and inappropriate forum behavior was left in your wake, and by the end of the thread people were asking for you to be banned.

Again NOT TRUE ... Only 1 person said something about banning me so why say people..what people name them please?.... Which we know you are not to stand up when it comes to answering questions truthfully if even at all... Tony even after you give me my refund you will still be left with the responsibility of telling your customers the TRUTH about their product!
Old 5th September 2007
  #26
Deleted bd1be4f
Guest
Here's my .02.

There are two separate issues, the DVD issue and the moderator/gear seller conflict issue.

With respect to the DVD issue, I am one of those folks who also pre-ordered the DVD over a year ago. And while I'm disappointed in the delays that have taken place, having done business and bought gear from Tony in the past, I don't worry that something "fishy" has taken place. This is obviously the first such project Tony ever tried to undertake, and clearly grossly underestimated the amount of time and work that would be required to put into it.

So yes, I would say he made some bad errors in business judgement and projections, but to me it's far from qualifying as anything insidious or malicious. If he were out to screw anyone, his whole business would be dead, as the engineering and gear community is a pretty tight knit one and word travels fast. And the fact that Tony gave thashine a full refund pretty much confirms that whatever mistakes he's made in handling the whole DVD production are not intentional. Therefore I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

That said, I can understand the anger or frustration of thashine or others. When people pay their hard earned money to someone, that's a very special fiduciary bond that must be respected and handled diligently by the seller. In this case, I suspect Tony learned from his mistake here and will likely never again accept "pre-orders" on a product that doesn't yet exist. As they say, live and learn.

As far as the moderator conflict issue, I can see where that would be problematic. And I agree it's probably better to have non gear sellers be moderators, so that there isn't even a hint of impropriety. At any given time, there are hundreds of users on GS, surely we can find a few reliable long time members to fill the positions...
Old 5th September 2007
  #27
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zboy2854 View Post
Here's my .02.

There are two separate issues, the DVD issue and the moderator/gear seller conflict issue.

With respect to the DVD issue, I am one of those folks who also pre-ordered the DVD over a year ago. And while I'm disappointed in the delays that have taken place, having done business and bought gear from Tony in the past, I don't worry that something "fishy" has taken place. This is obviously the first such project Tony ever tried to undertake, and clearly grossly underestimated the amount of time and work that would be required to put into it.

So yes, I would say he made some bad errors in business judgement and projections, but to me it's far from qualifying as anything insidious or malicious. If he were out to screw anyone, his whole business would be dead, as the engineering and gear community is a pretty tight knit one and word travels fast. And the fact that Tony gave thashine a full refund pretty much confirms that whatever mistakes he's made in handling the whole DVD production are not intentional. Therefore I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

That said, I can understand the anger or frustration of thashine or others. When people pay their hard earned money to someone, that's a very special fiduciary bond that must be respected and handled diligently by the seller. In this case, I suspect Tony learned from his mistake here and will likely never again accept "pre-orders" on a product that doesn't yet exist. As they say, live and learn.

As far as the moderator conflict issue, I can see where that would be problematic. And I agree it's probably better to have non gear sellers be moderators, so that there isn't even a hint of impropriety. At any given time, there are hundreds of users on GS, surely we can find a few reliable long time members to fill the positions...
Actually he didn't give me a full refund yet he just said he would which his word doesnt hold alot of weight these days... and while you are stating the facts about the situation it would be a breath of fresh air if TONY himself just man's up an instead of making insulting statements like " I am doing this all for you" and "Most saved money from my online store discounts and basically got the DVD for free".... and Admits it himself ,but not only that let everyone know what is going on with the current status of the now mystery " HipHop & R&B Mixing/Enineering DVD" ... Do you see what im saying??
Tony just drop the pride,lies or whatever man everything is at stake and you are really raising alot of concern by dodging some solid evidence of this DVD being made. It's nothing personal i dont know you and you dont know me but please dont do things like this in life it's not a good look man. Peace..!
Old 5th September 2007
  #28
Lives for gear
 
backplay's Avatar
 

I'm not gonne pick sides here BUT...

@ Thrashine.
Just chill, i really hope you get your money back.
I would be verry pist to if someone kept me in the dark for so long!
But by replying in this way you are not making youreself popular.
A less agressive approach and a "civilised" talk can do wonders sometimes.

I read 70% of the thread before it got deleted and do NOT think it is fair that they banned you tutt
Check out the political forum and read stuff that Elrushbo911, Sid Viscous and Bdiggy post. These are rascist and insulting remarks, yet i still see their name on the board.
What about the countless ITB vs OTB debates, at some point they turn really ugly.

@ Tony.
I don't know you, so i'm not gonne judge you.
BUT, you could have handeled this a bit better in my opinion.
Being open about how the dvd is evolving should be one of your priorities, if you acepted money in forhand! Otherwise those who paid you allready are gonne feel ripped-off if kept in the dark.

That said, i wish you both a nice day
Old 5th September 2007
  #29
Lives for gear
 
blaugruen7's Avatar
dude, relax.
hear me: you will get your money back!
this small episode is way escalated.
time to get a break...

Old 5th September 2007
  #30
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaugruen7 View Post
dude, relax.
hear me: you will get your money back!
this small episode is way escalated.
time to get a break...

Really ain't the issue at this point but is a definite factor. Cool!
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Thermionic / Gear free zone - shoot the breeze
5
cymatics / So much gear, so little time
9
Fuzzy Logic / Q+A with Tim de Paravicini and Slipperman
5

Forum Jump
Forum Jump